Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMGSC's issue with Vadim/Powerchips...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55 AMG
do NOT take ur car back to Vadim, Powerchip, or any other entity which has been involved with this project during last 2 years. take it to one of the big names in the industry. one that built more complex projects more successfully....-

- ship it to RennTech, Florida or
- ship it to RennTech, Arizona or
- ship it to Kleemann, Colorado

if you dont follow everybody's advise then you will suffer more of the same only you realize it one (additional) year later and maybe another 10k to 20k lesser.its time to give somebody else a chance to build ur engine, to fix ur car, and to make this project right. Take it to one of the big names i mentioned above.good luck either way
Old 10-31-2009, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
WOW.... I am beyond words. This is a total 360 not a 180 based on what I read earlier.

All I can say, good luck and don't cough up any more money.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Don't know if it's the tranny or ECU/TCU.

I drove it out and it ran like a bat out of hell! Real strong, responsive and it shifted really smooth. I could not tell the difference with the high stall torque converter nor the Maybach vs. stock yet but I have faith they are not stock and I got what I paid for. Other than an alignment problem (pulling right) and the SRS malfunction light from the CF steering wheel install and some new scratches on interior, I was fairly happy to get my car back.

I made it out of Costa Mesa at 5:30pm and all the way up to City of Industry by 7pm and decided to get some gas at Costco. That's when **** happened...

When I turned off the engine, the car started to roll backwards slowly while in PARK! I said WTF and slammed on the brakes. I was puzzled but proceeded to fill up the tank. Afterwards, I got back in my car and turned the key and NOTHING! The electronic diagnostics, stereo, etc.. all started up but the ignition was DEAD. I checked the shift knob and it was in PARK, it was not in Drive or Reverse so I could not understand why it won't start. I tried to move the shifter out of PARK but could not. I kept trying and finally got it to shift after depressing the brakes as hard as I can. I then shift it out of PARK through all the other gears and then back to PARK to see if I could start the car. Again nothing!

Strange thing is that the car still rolls like it was in Neutral even in PARK or DRIVE? So I push it to the parking lot and proceeded to wait for a tow truck.

MB Roadside assistance arrives and could not figure it out but offered to tow it to the nearest dealer. I declined fearing the dealer would realize the custom tranny and refuse service and blacklistmy car. I call AAA for a Tow and they arrive. They also check before attempting to tow it but are confounded by the situation. Basically the car THINKS it's in gear and thus prevents the engine from starting BUT in reality the car is not in ANY gear but neutral since it rolls backwards and forwards when pushed no matter what I gear I set it to!!!

Finally, I had no choice but tow it back to Vadim's shop since he still offered to look at the car after I called him to curse him out at 2AM. Instead he was calm and reminded me that I was hasty to remove the car before it was ready. I admire his patience and willingness to help despite how rude I was to him when I picked up the car yesteray afternoon. I got back home at 4:20am.

I feel I've got some curse cast on my car. I thought I got away only to be reeled back in.

Any help as to what may have happened would be sincerely appreciated.

could have put it on a flatbed and towed it to dynocomp
Old 10-31-2009, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Sounds pretty dangerous luckily it didnt give out while you were on the freeway. Please don't let him touch your ebrake
Old 10-31-2009, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by jturkel
If PC refuses to let Vadim work on it. I will do just that.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by jturkel
+100,000

Robert, your just gluttin for more punishment.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:11 PM

If PC refuses to let Vadim work on it. I will do just that.
Why do you need PC to decide what YOU do with YOUR car?
This post makes no scense.

Last edited by Tech-Tune; 10-31-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
+100,000

You may be right but I think Vadim will get the hardware sorted out and finished before I come to Mike and Richard for the LTs, larger injectors and final tuning since PC is not an option for that.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Wow, this is like a comedy show at this point! Just promise us we will not have to endure another pitty post when you get screwed and it's a year later.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55

Any help as to what may have happened would be sincerely appreciated.
Vadim didn't do his job, that is what. I didn't want to post in this topic, but you are seriously wasting your time and money. I can understand your point of view that you wasted 2 years of your life and $35k but car is not even ready and you think it is very close to be done, just a little patience won't hurt. My suggestion would be walk away, actually no, RUN away from those people asap!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
+100,000

man, we already understood that you are fan of dyno-comp!! May be that is enough to post it in every post how dyno-comp can take care of his car without even knowing what is wrong with it. please!
Old 10-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
wow

You should have towed the car to your house. Then make alternate arrangements..

Here is a question? After the shop sells you on building your motor.. Builds it, Only to blow it up. Who foots the bill for that? The way I would see it, if I was the customer is... Where is my motor?

Any expense paid on parts, labor, and what not should be refunded. Now the block cant be used. So they basically make you go buy a whole new motor. That is pure insanity.

Vadim should have bought you a new motor. Not you buy yourself a new motor.

Its one thing if you take your car to a shop for tuning and something happens on the dyno, from a motor build by someone else. Its another when the engine builder blows up your motor.

I would demand all moneys returned on the basis of failing to deliver a product. Its that simple.

Being friendly is much different then being honest. Face to face scammers are always the nicest people. They want to gain your trust. If they have your trust, its one step closer to your MONEY!!!!

If it was me and all this was true,. I would pull my car out of there so fast. Then call the police, file a report, and file a lawsuit. The time to be compassionate is over. I wouldn't give 2 poops about any stories and or reasons. All I would care about is getting my damn money back. If that means you have to take the shirt off his back than so be it. He most likely bought it with your money.

Robert, File a suit ASAP. Before he files chapter 11. Get your day in court to tell your story. He will be given the right to tell his side.

Also to chime in on the notion of "High risk = high reward"

That is just crazy. What would a tuner have to worry about??? NOTHING! Its called "assumption of the risk" Robert knows that. Its not a tuners fault if the car someone else built blows up, when tuning. I know for a fact If the car comes to Arizona, DC can not and will not warranty any of Vadim's work or other involved parties. I can assure this though. They will treat the car with respect and take precautions to minimize the risk posed to the customer. In other words DC will not have an "I dont care" attitude towards the car.

If something happens to the car, then it happens. At least you know they took the right steps to try and prevent bad things from happening.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:41 PM

I've never done business with dynocomp nor do I know them personally. I've just read lots of good things about them and commend them for stepping up and offering to finish his project.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Karlson
man, we already understood that you are fan of dyno-comp!! May be that is enough to post it in every post how dyno-comp can take care of his car without even knowing what is wrong with it. please!
I agree, Dyno-Comp would need to have the car and run some test. only then can Rich and his team give the car a prognosis. Along with a form of treatment if need be.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Hooley Looks like to me that AZ has some of the best Shops I would take my car to DC any day. Way to take care of the Mod freaks.... Now when do you want my car there for the Supercharger project?

Last edited by rarfinancial; 11-01-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Hooley Looks like to me that AZ has some of the best Shops I would take my car DC. Way to take care of the Mos freaks.... Now when do you want my cat there for the Supercharger project?
Let me talk with my guys. I know they got the know how and ability to do it.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Let me talk with my guys. I know they got the know how and ability to do it.
Maybe also a twin turbo solution....
Old 10-31-2009, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Also to chime in on the notion of "High risk = high reward"

That is just crazy. What would a tuner have to worry about??? NOTHING! Its called "assumption of the risk" Robert knows that. Its not a tuners fault if the car someone else built blows up, when tuning. I know for a fact If the car comes to Arizona, DC can not and will not warranty any of Vadim's work or other involved parties. I can assure this though. They will treat the car with respect and take precautions to minimize the risk posed to the customer. In other words DC will not have an "I dont care" attitude towards the car.

If something happens to the car, then it happens. At least you know they took the right steps to try and prevent bad things from happening.
You are absolutey right! I've signed these waivers/releases on tunes all the way back to when Jessie@SpeedInnovations started tuning for me. There would simply be an written agreement and understanding of the risks but they would advise against tuning beyond long term safety limits.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Man , This is the same story I have and many others here.. Pay up front never get what you paid for and some A=Hole say "there are two sides to every story" Well You spend you're $$ then tell us ... One side to the story ... Pay me and bend over,,, F this guy. Time is NOW lets get his azz behind bars.. He is a Thief.. Nice guy butt Sorrry Vadim time has run out PAY ME .... and everyone else man...
Old 10-31-2009, 11:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Maybe also a twin turbo solution....

I think hardware would be the easy part. Its tuning that would be tricky. If they took the project on it would get done. I know we got turbos kicking around in all sizes at the shop. Our fabricator just did an intercooler on a blown 5 series BMW when it was said by others that it couldn't be done.

It would just be a matter of were you can fit some turbos and getting it tuned.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:11 AM
Banned

I really feel Vadim is a good guy caught up in some very bad circumstances. I asked him to build a custom engine and he geniunely wanted to help me achieve that. I may have taken for granted how long and difficult it is to modify an AMG engine from the block on up.

The fire in the shop, VRP bailing on him, economy, some unfavorable posts by competitors did not help his situation. If he was slow with some deliveries or refunds, it was not because of lack of integrity but more with just trying to survive during this short period. I am confident he will recover and be successful in the near future.

He has NEVER avoided me and answers my calls immediately at least several times a day or calls me back within 5-10 minutes. He genuinely felt devastated when the custom built engine failed even though the fire may have contributed or been the primary cause for the irrepairable damage to the block and pistons (fire debris entering the intake left open overnight).

We need guys like Vadim to offer us quality aftermarket products at more competitive prices. We have all benefited from this. Even Kleemann and Rennech have lowered their prices due to this type of competition (Eurocharged, MBH, VRP, FD) to name a few.

I don't want to drive them away for fear of being persecuted on this forum.

I may have paid him alot but I also got a lot in the past. Here is partial list of what I got.
1) Kleemann Headers, Cams, Cats, Tune, AMS pulley - plus installation when he was with GMG Racing.
2) HPS supercharger removal, Kleemann SC installation of incomplete kit with missing parts, custom pulley, retune when he was with VRP
3) Custom-built engine, racing pistons, valves, 9-1CR, Ported heads, SC inlet, 82MM TB, custom Intercooler pump, Maybach transmission, LET torque converter and custom dual X-Pipe Exhaust system.

The only items left to finish the project are the control arms, custom intake system and tubes, larger injectors and smaller pulley to yield 14-15psi and tuning.
The tuning part was what started all this controversy. Vadim told me he as some other alternatives for custom tuning.
Just out of curiousity, why didn't they just use an E55K block? What exactly are "racing pistons?" You could have even udes your stock C55 block and just added the M113K rotating assembly. We did a buid up of a custom M112 engine and at the end of the day it was easier and cheaper to use OEM MB parts, for all but the most radical engine (4.0L with forged pistons).

This is not to start any arguments, just curious.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Ahmad, (Blackbenzz)...Reading what you accomplished with the same Kleeemann kit on you CLK55 was what really inspired me to keep going. Maybe your'e to blame instead of PC, Vadim, etc... j/k
If you wanted your car to run like mine you shoulda sent it to me! You would've saved money and had a running car without all the headache. Stop falling into the same trap, you need to take your car elsewhere.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by stallion8797
Just out of curiousity, why didn't they just use an E55K block? What exactly are "racing pistons?" You could have even udes your stock C55 block and just added the M113K rotating assembly. We did a buid up of a custom M112 engine and at the end of the day it was easier and cheaper to use OEM MB parts, for all but the most radical engine (4.0L with forged pistons).

This is not to start any arguments, just curious.
The replacement engine is basically a E55K shortblock with ported heads and oversized valves. The original unsuccessful custom build used my stock block and Ross Racing pistons which are forged with skirts coated to mate with the Alusil coated aluminum block.

Last edited by AMGSC; 11-01-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:31 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
Does MBH ever give out ridiculous high quotes to drive away people? I didnt think so, big companies do it for than small ones. wow
Old 11-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by emoving
Wow, this is like a comedy show at this point! Just promise us we will not have to endure another pitty post when you get screwed and it's a year later.
Wow. That was a low blow. Pathetic. Tyrant. You bully. Lost a "lotta" respect with that post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMGSC's issue with Vadim/Powerchips...?