Sponsored by:

AMGSC's issue with Vadim/Powerchips...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 02:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
AMGSC's issue with Vadim/Powerchips...?

Can someone direct me to the thread, I cant seem to find it and am concerned for Robert.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Can someone direct me to the thread, I cant seem to find it and am concerned for Robert.

Its gone. I just got off the phone with Robert, Total nice guy and strait shooter. I just brought it to his attention that it was removed. The thread in the C55 section is still up as far as I know.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
i had my page up from this morning and refreshed to get an update,it says it's gone! i don't know how i feel if that thread was deleted...
Old 10-30-2009, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I think it is BS! Someone better clear up why it would be deleted when a member was getting screwed and we were all coming together to help! Do the sponsors run this board or what! J
Old 10-30-2009, 02:39 PM

I thought it was my computer was acting weird.

Why would this thread be deleted?
Are the admins protecting the accused by silencing the victim?

Please tell me this is not the case.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:40 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Why do these threads regarding theft, fraud, etc. keep disappearing from the Board? If these threads would have been left intact it probably would have saved some members a pile of money. The truth can't exist in PM's alone.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
It was “merged” to the c55 forum for technicality purposes is what I read. but now it’s locked. It is what it is I guess… It was a crappy thread for all involved anyway.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
I thought it was my computer was acting weird.

Why would this thread be deleted?
Are the admins protecting the accused by silencing the victim?

Please tell me this is not the case.
Amazing...the earth swallowed it. Speaks volume of this forum. Enouth said.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
There is a little bit of it going on begining at the bottom of page 3 on this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ght-now-3.html
Old 10-30-2009, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Looks like the sponsors do rule the roost here! The mods are even sticking up for them!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Glad i'm not the only one that had issue with that combo....
Old 10-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Banned

SL600
What's it with you guys? You ask for the other side, and when it's presented you ignore it and continue bashing "say it isn't so oooohhh mbworldd"

Originally Posted by otoupalik
Robert's car is a bit of a potential problem for anyone. Robert has called many shops looking for another place to work on or finish his car. I know that at least one of them has quoted him a very high amount (it was us, evosport) due to the fact that there are so many known problems and shortcuts with the car, the risks to work on it are high. With high risks, you better get a high reward - so that comes with a higher price tag.
Makes perfect sense to me. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Quit being a lynch-mob, it's just business. The greater the risk, the greater the reward... shame on Powerchip.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:41 PM

Wow, I like your reasoning for the overcharge.
Kinda like saying the **** deserved to be raped because she was a hoe to begin with. You deserve a purple ribbon genious.

On a more serious note, why are the same cylinders malfunctioning? I thought the block and internals were replaced with new ones.

Can someone clarify this please.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
What is all this Hush Hush bull**** between PC and FD?

I'm on my way to pick up my car at 2:30pm. I hear it's STILL not finished. I may have to tow it out.

High risk? It's got brand new AMG E55K shortblock in it. Even Travis said it did not pose any risk and that Vadim's work to drop it into the car and connect it to the tranny was not an issue.

However, he mentioned to me that Wayne does not like people bad-mouthing his company and thinks that I did.

For anyone who has purchased a Powerchip tune, beware. If you ever mention that you are dissatisfied with their tune then this is what might happen to you if you need a re-tune.

I paid for a tune and again for re-tune to Vadim but not sure if I ever got a tune. Last year before the engine rebuild project started, I mentioned that my car was running lean when I took it an independent dyno but assumed Vadim was doing the tuning himself. I never said Powerchip was responsible for the lean condition.

Regardless, I fear that anyone who Powerchip PERCIEVES as saying anything negative will get this type of treatment when they need their services.

Maybe that is why so few members are willing to speak out on this forum if they are not satisified.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Banned

SL600
Wow, I like your reasoning for the overcharge.
Kinda like saying the **** deserved to be raped because she was a hoe to begin with. You deserve a purple ribbon genious.

On a more serious note, why are the same cylinders malfunctioning? I thought the block and internals were replaced with new ones.

Can someone clarify this please.
I expected an immature response from you, and you delivered. Genius.

I'd continue to further explain the concept Otoupalik tried to outline for this community, but it's clear you have the IQ equivalent of a brick and any argument presented supporting a side that's not your own, will be dealt with your bad analogies and your failed sense of humor.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:02 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Where is HAVOC? What happened with his build and car? 2years now??

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-30-2009, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
His car is parked outside with about 2 inches of dust on it. 1 inch per year. I was there just last Saturday. Mine only had 1 inch of dust..
Old 10-30-2009, 04:28 PM

On the contrary Akedemiks, I (and I'm sure lots of others) are interested in your further explaination of Otoupalik's concept...
You have my undivided attentiion.

And while your at it, please let me know your thoughts in regards to Havoc's car as well.

Last edited by Tech-Tune; 10-30-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Banned

SL600
On the contrary Akedemiks, I am interested in your further explaination of Otoupalik's concept...

And while your at it, please let me know your thoughts in regards to Havoc's car as well.
Read, Einstein.

Originally Posted by Otoupalik
Whoa, this thread is out of control! lol

I started multi-quoting, but then gave up.

Listen, I think that some clarity and perspective might help.

Vadim and Powerchip are NOT the same company. Any money paid to Vadim or business given to him has nothing to do with Powerchip. Vadim rented space from Powerchip and purchased goods like any other customer - that was the extent of the business relationship. People who say "Robert paid Vadim all this money, so Powerchip owes Rabert" are so wrong. Anything that Robert paid to Vadim is between Robert and Vadim - it has NOTHING to do with Powerchip.

Robert's car is a bit of a potential problem for anyone. Robert has called many shops looking for another place to work on or finish his car. I know that at least one of them has quoted him a very high amount (it was us, evosport) due to the fact that there are so many known problems and shortcuts with the car, the risks to work on it are high. With high risks, you better get a high reward - so that comes with a higher price tag.

Taking a known problem car is a losing bet for nearly any shop or tuner. You have a customer that has already spent lot's of money with one shop and not reached their goals, so they have little money left. Then they want the new shop to fix everything (which typically means undo and redo everything) for less money. That does not make sense.

For those that say "Powerchip just did not want to do it" well that is not true. They did want to do it, at their price. It was clearly not worth it to them to take on the risk with this car for any less of a financial reward.

Should they by punished for that? WHY would they? It is called free-market. If Robert does not like it, he can gladly go to another tuner or shop. There is no problem that I see in any of this.

Maybe some of you need an analogy. I used to be a business and turn-around consultant. In that industry, you basically apply the same tools to each job. However, the price to the customer is radically different. If you believe you can fix the problem easily and in little time with no "follow up" or "warranty" work on the back end, then the price is lower. If you know you will have a lot of face time and follow up meetings, then you price it much higher. It is the same here.

To sum it up - risk must equal reward. There is a significant risk to work on this car. As such, Powerchip internally decided that it only made sense for them if the reward was $10,000.

Like it or not, that is a totally practical and rational business decision.

Enough has been discussed on this, there is nothing more to gain. People will have their own opinions and are entitled to them. What I am not OK with is a company being bashed for making legitimate business decisions.

Robert - if you believe in another tuner, go to them. That is your choice and it sounds like almost anyone here would support you in that.

thanks
Brad
Now, at what point do you need a road-map? This is all pretty self-explanatory.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Three sides to every story IMHO: Party A, Party B and the truth. Whats up with this post below, a public apology to Vadim. Dont have all the facts so I wont bandwagon this situation like others. I bet you I could start a thread about another tuner and gather pages of support even if it was not the truth.

Check this post out by AMGSC. It seems like there is a lot more to what is happening. Im sure we can get one side, but can we get the other side and the truth?

And the other thread was not deleted on the E55 forum, only moved to the C55 as Otoupalik stated. It then got out of hand and was closed.

Click Here
Old 10-30-2009, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
No problem, I can since I merged it - Powerchip custom tuning - good deal?

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Its gone. I just got off the phone with Robert, Total nice guy and strait shooter. I just brought it to his attention that it was removed. The thread in the C55 section is still up as far as I know.
No, it's not gone. Again, people should KNOW what they are saying before they state things in an authoritative manner. NOTHING gets me more annoyed at forums than that.

Robert is a nice guy and I hope he can get his issues straightened out.

Originally Posted by emoving
I think it is BS! Someone better clear up why it would be deleted when a member was getting screwed and we were all coming together to help! Do the sponsors run this board or what! J
Ok, well since you demanded that it be straightened out... lol. Do you really think that you are correct to demand such? This has nothing to do with sponsors. The thread belonged in the C32/55 forum. There was no point in having two parallel threads going in two different forums - so they were merged. It was put in the proper forum after the merge.

Originally Posted by IlliniE55
Why do these threads regarding theft, fraud, etc. keep disappearing from the Board? If these threads would have been left intact it probably would have saved some members a pile of money. The truth can't exist in PM's alone.
Nothing is disappearing. Again, the thread was merged and not one post was deleted. No threads are deleted in fact. I love how people always say that but then can never give an example.

Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Amazing...the earth swallowed it. Speaks volume of this forum. Enough said.
Actually it speaks volumes about your ability to separate fact from your opinion (which you clearly believe is fact). BTW, if you don't like this site or the way it is run, then you can volunteer to help or you stop visiting. However, just posting in this manner is divisive and not helpful to anyone - something to think about maybe?

Originally Posted by emoving
Looks like the sponsors do rule the roost here! The mods are even sticking up for them!
No, an ADMIN (not a mod, but actually the site founder) posted a rational and clearly written explanation without any personal bias or opinion. That is what people were asking for, yet it seems that the "lynch mob" mentality of some cannot accept that.

Originally Posted by Akademiks
What's it with you guys? You ask for the other side, and when it's presented you ignore it and continue bashing "say it isn't so oooohhh mbworldd"

Makes perfect sense to me. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Quit being a lynch-mob, it's just business. The greater the risk, the greater the reward... shame on Powerchip.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least someone "get's it" - it is always the site, the mods, the admins, etc. It is always our fault. lol.

Originally Posted by AMGSC
I'm on my way to pick up my car at 2:30pm. I hear it's STILL not finished. I may have to tow it out.

High risk? It's got brand new AMG E55K shortblock in it. Even Travis said it did not pose any risk and that Vadim's work to drop it into the car and connect it to the tranny was not an issue.

However, he mentioned to me that Wayne does not like people bad-mouthing his company and thinks that I did.

For anyone who has purchased a Powerchip tune, beware. If you ever mention that you are dissatisfied with their tune then this is what might happen to you if you need a re-tune.

I paid for a tune and again for re-tune to Vadim but not sure if I ever got a tune. Last year before the engine rebuild project started, I mentioned that my car was running lean when I took it an independent dyno but assumed Vadim was doing the tuning himself. I never said Powerchip was responsible for the lean condition.

Regardless, I fear that anyone who Powerchip PERCIEVES as saying anything negative will get this type of treatment when they need their services.

Maybe that is why so few members are willing to speak out on this forum if they are not satisified.
Again, what is between you and Vadim has nothing to do with Powerchip. If you paid for a tune or not, that is between you and Vadim.

Of course a company may treat you worse or charge you more if you bad mouth them. Isn't that again part of the risk/reward equation? There is clearly more risk isn't there?

I expected an immature response from you, and you delivered. Genius.

I'd continue to further explain the concept Otoupalik tried to outline for this community, but it's clear you have the IQ equivalent of a brick and any argument presented supporting a side that's not your own, will be dealt with your bad analogies and your failed sense of humor.
Again, so glad that someone else notices this!

On the contrary Akedemiks, I (and I'm sure lots of others) are interested in your further explaination of Otoupalik's concept...

I explained it pretty clearly already if you look in the other thread.

Thanks
Brad
Old 10-30-2009, 04:48 PM

Read, Einstein.

Now, at what point do you need a road-map? This is all pretty self-explanatory.
well put...
Old 10-30-2009, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Tech-tune was asking about Havoc's car too... Does appear concerning. Last I checked Vadim was banned. This is all concerning given the "community" trust of this site.

Anyway, thanks for getting involved answering some of the questions otpupalik.

-Rob
Old 10-30-2009, 04:58 PM

Akedemics, we obviously see things differently. I preffer a compationate approach to resolving people's problems, maybe you preffer capitalizing on them. Different strokes for different folks, its all good.

Can someone answer me this: Did Vadim tell Robert it would cost 10K for a tune when he first took on the project, or after his car was dismantled in his shop for over a year?

AMGSC could you answer this for me?

Last edited by Tech-Tune; 10-30-2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Cause I want to be a better person
Old 10-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Banned

SL600
Akedemics, we obviously see things differently. I preffer a compationate approach to resolving people's problems, maybe you preffer capitalizing on them. Different strokes for different folks, its all good.

Can someone answer me this: Did Vadim tell Robert it would cost 10K for a tune when he first took on the project, or after his car was dismantled in his shop for over a year?

AMGSC could you answer this for me?
First of all, in regards to your question, does it really matter? I think not. AMGSC knew this wasn't a chump-change project when he started-- unforeseen obstacles should've been planned for and budgeted accordingly.

Secondly, seeing differently? Ok, it's quite obvious you don't own your own business or ever taken Business 101-- you're in business to make a profit not be "compassionate". When "compassion" can pay your overhead, you let me know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMGSC's issue with Vadim/Powerchips...?