W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
View Poll Results: How long should you wait for a refund from Vadim?
You shouldn't have ordered from him in the first place!
33.85%
One month is plenty.
58.46%
Eh....six months is long enough.
4.62%
I'm really patient and don't mind lending money. A year or more!
3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

How long should you wait for a refund from VADIM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009 | 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Not saying I'm anybody, but most of us who are on here alot (and I'm sure you included) knew about this stuff in the underworld for a long time.

This should make for some crazy/funny conversations at Famoso
Oh yeah.... not only did I hear about it.... I got accidentally involved in some of it. Let me tell you.... there are crazy things happening behind closed doors.

And you're right about the conversations.... last time at Famoso, a few interesting topics came up Hopefully, things will stay cool or on topic this time around.
Old 11-05-2009 | 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Quick tally of top 13 timeslips on Dragtimes and ECU vendor listed.

Vendor - Ranking
Renntech - 1,5,7,11,13
VRP - 2,3,4,9
Kleemann - 6,8,12
Powerchip - 10

Disregarding the safety of the tunes, it looks like Renntech is the winner, followed by VRP. PC brings up the rear.
Those are different classes mixed together! Things maybe put into better context if you separate the classes. For example, Top 5 E55, Top 5 SL65, etc....

Last edited by MB_Forever; 11-05-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-05-2009 | 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Instead of heresay, I looked it up myself. See above. If you say VRP is PC, then why didn't the owners list PC? More under-the-table ****? So now Wayne is taking it out on me to set an example?

Jeremy was almost sent packing back to Aussie land a few months ago. You knew about it. I saw his luggage on the shop floor and was told exactly that.
What's your point? Do you know for a fact this is true or are you starting rumors??? Are you and Travis or Jeremy best friends now? I ask this because this is the only way you would know exactly what happened? I'm not trying to be a ***** but you just keep on going....stop already.

Yes, I did know this only because you told me . Even if it's true why would you even bring that up? How's that relevant to anything discussed here? To me it's you trying to stir the pot up on PC because you got butt hurt that they didn't want to tune your car. Stick with your game plan and move on to Renntech or Kleeman and report back with some track times. If you think dragtimes has all the info and stats you need to make your decision why even turn to MBW, just stick with the stats on dragtimes.

I really do wish you luck on finalizing your car and in the end I hope everything works out. If you ever get your car up and running come up to Sacramento and lets have some fun.
Old 11-05-2009 | 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by bassn_07
What's your point? Do you know for a fact this is true or are you starting rumors??? Are you and Travis or Jeremy best friends now? I ask this because this is the only way you would know exactly what happened? I'm not trying to be a ***** but you just keep on going....stop already.

Yes, I did know this only because you told me . Even if it's true why would you even bring that up? How's that relevant to anything discussed here? To me it's you trying to stir the pot up on PC because you got butt hurt that they didn't want to tune your car. Stick with your game plan and move on to Renntech or Kleeman and report back with some track times. If you think dragtimes has all the info and stats you need to make your decision why even turn to MBW, just stick with the stats on dragtimes.

I really do wish you luck on finalizing your car and in the end I hope everything works out. If you ever get your car up and running come up to Sacramento and lets have some fun.
No they are not my buddies, in fact I'm glad they don't have access to my car now since it's at another physical location.

I now learned that they in fact tuned my car back in early 2008 and not Vadim. I blamed Vadim in a post last year named "Dyno aborted after lean condition" when PC actually did the tuning. My car started to sputter after that dyno and I had problems driving back from JBA in San Diego. A compression test by Vadim revealed 2 cylinders down 30% which forced me into engine rebuild in Dec 2008. Maybe they quoted me $10k because they don't know how to tune now and didn't know how then either.
Old 11-05-2009 | 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

W221
No they are not my buddies, in fact I'm glad they don't have access to my car now since it's at another physical location.

I now learned that they in fact tuned my car back in early 2008 and not Vadim. I blamed Vadim in a post last year named "Dyno aborted after lean condition" when PC actually did the tuning. My car started to sputter after that dyno and I had problems driving back from JBA in San Diego. A compression test by Vadim revealed 2 cylinders down 30% which forced me into engine rebuild in Dec 2008. Maybe they quoted me $10k because they don't know how to tune now and didn't know how then either.
That's why bassn_07's car which is tuned by PC holds the title for fastest non nos E55 right?
Old 11-05-2009 | 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

come on!!! Are you really going say that? When did you learn this, just now? Just a few weeks ago you wanted PC to tune your car and now this. Dude, your stories are becoming really funny. Have you ever thought that you might be the problem? IMO you are losing some serious credibility with your recent post. I'm done with this stupid *** thread and good luck bro, you'll need it.

BTW....I think everyone knows why they quoted your tune so high, because they didn't want to touch your walking time bomb. If your engine fails, whether it be PC, Renntech, or Kleeman you'll be right back here claiming that the company didn't know how to tune.

I need to get back to doing my online drivers ed class....haha. Damn, I should have just gone to class.

Last edited by bassn_07; 11-05-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-05-2009 | 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
come on!!! Are you really going say that? When did you learn this, just now? Just a few weeks ago you wanted PC to tune your car and now this. Dude, your stories are becoming really funny. Have you ever thought that you might be the problem? IMO you are losing some serious credibility with your recent post. I'm done with this stupid *** thread and good luck bro, you'll need it.

BTW....I think everyone knows why they quoted your tune so high, because they didn't want to touch your walking time bomb. If your engine fails, whether it be PC, Renntech, or Kleeman you'll be right back here claiming that the company didn't know how to tune.

I need to get back to doing my online drivers ed class....haha. Damn, I should have just gone to class.
No I did NOT know who was really tuning my car because I was told to keep it hush, hush. I didn't care either as long as it was tuned right. Obviously it wasn't. end of story. As for my car being a time bomb, at least I know it already exploded. Not so sure about others PC has tuned.
Old 11-05-2009 | 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
No I did NOT know who was really tuning my car because I was told to keep it hush, hush. I didn't care either as long as it was tuned right. Obviously it wasn't. end of story. As for my car being a time bomb, at least I know it already exploded. Not so sure about others PC has tuned.
Haha....good luck Robert. You are definitely a legend and I wish you all the luck in the world buddy. FYI....there are many cars that have recently been tuned by PC and they are still running. I tracked my car on numerous occasions without a problem.
Old 11-05-2009 | 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Up to now...PC STILL does NOT know how to tune the TCU. Renntech and Kleemann BOTH offer this for highly modified cars. Sounds to me like PC's offering is incomplete and still behind the curve.

PC's custome tune is basically just advancing timing to dangerous limits according to my sources. Sacrificing your engine just to get a piece of paper you can post to make you feel big and bad like bad *** asian?

Let me give you an example of their failed attempts to custom-tune my car (I thought it was Vadim before but he finally admitted he does not have access to the software to change parameters). First of all, they could not tune it with the larger bosch injectors so they swapped them out for my stock injectors, proceeded to blow the fuse of my fuel pump MULTIPLE times by trying to force fuel through by increasing voltage to the Kleemann boost-a-pump. Then they admit they could not tune for a large MAF sensor when I changed over to the 82mm TB. Man these guys are VERY limited in what they can do. Heck PC can't even turn off a simple CEL from the O2 sensor error caused by the Kleemann headers AFTER 2+ years AND COUNTING!!!!

AND TO TOP IT OFF - The last run on a dyno with their tune on my car yielded a 14.5 AFR and the car nearly exploded on the spot on a Dyno Dynamics in SD when I did not trust their dyno sheet I was emailed and took it for an independent test with a witness. I even video-taped it. I limped home only to discover irreversible damage to 2 cylinders. Nice Job PC and you want to charge me $10K to **** it up again?

Here is the link to that thread complete with Video and dyno charts. https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...condition.html

Why the F*ck does PC not have AMY signage at their shop inside or out? It appears to me they are trying to stay undercover and ready to move out and dissapear at anytime to avoid accountability to either customers or the gov't authorities. When the fire occurred, these guys were so cheap that they worked out of Travis's house. Didn't even have the professionalism to find another temporary business suite. Geez. Top Notch outfit.

Renntech/Dynocomp did a custome tune for Hooley on a completely new configuration and was able to extract INCREDIBLE TORQUE and he tells me the car runs smoothly as a daily driver.

Good night and next time I post will be when I attach timeslips and dyno#s.

Last edited by AMGSC; 11-05-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-05-2009 | 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Up to now...PC STILL does NOT know how to tune the TCU. Renntech and Kleemann BOTH offer this for highly modified cars. Sounds to me like PC's offering is incomplete and still behind the curve.

What's funny about this is just recently I called Cory trying to purchase the TCU for my E55 and he told me to save me money. He mentioned that it wouldn't benefit our tranny's one bit.

Sounds like to me that PC doesn't need the TCU programming to make cars go fast and perform well. Would it help, probably, do we need it....no. I don't have the TCU in my car but yet I could make it down the 1/4 mile in 11.045 @ 130.5. Blah blah all you want about PC but the bottom line is they have cars on top which is listed in your bible "dragtimes". Jikjak has the quickest CLS55 out there with no TCU tune. How about URNext, that's right...he has the fastest and quickest SL55 out there with no TCU tune. Did I mention that they both have custom PC tunes...on yeah I did...... Keep on bashing brotha but until you put up numbers it's all talk.

I'll be waiting for your track numbers because dyno numbers mean crap to me.
Old 11-05-2009 | 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Why the F*ck does PC not have a signage at their shop? It appears to me they are trying to stay undercover and ready to move out and dissapear at anytime to avoid accountability to either customers or the gov't authorities. When the fire occurred, they guys are so cheap that they were working out of Travis's house. Didn't even have the professionalism to find another temporary business suite. Geez. Top Notch outfit.Good night and next time I post will be when I attach timeslips and dyno#s.
Wow! PC must have really hurt you feelings..... Do you really believe that PC is trying to stay undercover? Your statements are becoming my absurd by the moment and you should really just stick to your last sentence in this post
Good night and next time I post will be when I attach time slips and dyno#s.
. What difference does it make where they work out of temporarily? Times are tough and if some of the smaller businesses need to make financial decisions to survive through this unfortunate financial crissis who are you to judge? You've taken this thing to such a personal level it's funny. Make no mistake, many people on this forum are sitting here just laughing at you, quit embarrassing yourself and move on.
Old 11-05-2009 | 11:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I'll be waiting for your track numbers because dyno numbers mean crap to me.
BINGO!!!!!! and big +1
Old 11-05-2009 | 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Times are tough and if some of the smaller businesses need to make financial decisions to survive through this unfortunate financial crissis who are you to judge? .
WTF!! You using that lame excuse for them? They are supposed to be global not a small start-up like Vadim. So if their product was so great why can't they afford $2000 per month for an office space? Don't you think a customer would feel strange walking into somebody's house with various odors, dog barking and kids crying in the background while trying to make a purchase for a high-end car?????

Last edited by AMGSC; 11-05-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2009 | 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What's funny about this is just recently I called Cory trying to purchase the TCU for my E55 and he told me to save me money. He mentioned that it wouldn't benefit our tranny's one bit.
That is upsurd and ludicrous! He told me it would benefit my car EVEN with my high stall torque converter and would do it when/if I bring the car to him.

Why would they offer it and announce it for the M113 5 speed transmissions if there was NO benefitl See here http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....ail&PID=205621

I think PC should just focus on turning off o2 sensor errors before getting too ambitious.

Last edited by AMGSC; 11-05-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-05-2009 | 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Old 11-05-2009 | 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
ROFL

honestly I'm laughing so hard AT AMGSC.

those of you that actually wanted to help AMGSC clearly forgot about how all this stuff got started. We saw how pathetic he was back then.

Vadim is just horrible. There are even more real instances of his poor business practices that just haven't been posted.
Old 11-05-2009 | 12:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
WTF!! You using that lame excuse for them? They are supposed to be global not a small start-up like Vadim. So if their product was so great why can't they afford $2000 per month for an office space? Don't you think a customer would feel strange walking into somebody's house with various odors, dog barking and kids crying in the background while trying to make a purchase for a high-end car?????
Where is the damn popcorn? Ok just found it. this could get good.

Last edited by hooleyboy; 11-05-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-05-2009 | 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

W221
So much for that...
Old 11-05-2009 | 01:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by chiromikey
you don't need 1000 miles to break in a motor. a load bearing dyno and a few minutes will do it right. what, are we back in the 70's or something???
Agree 100% Mike^^^^^^
Old 11-05-2009 | 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I really do suggest Vadim find a better tuning partner...PC will bring him down if he doesn't do something.
Old 11-05-2009 | 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
this is the funniest thing I've read in a while.

isn't this what got you into this whole mess? over all the years I've seen your stuff, I have not seen any.

it seems like you could use a different hobby and not cars.

I really do suggest Vadim find a better tuning partner...PC will bring him down if he doesn't do something.
well, he needs to move out of their shop first now doesn't he?
Old 11-05-2009 | 01:39 PM
SPONSOR

From: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
will bring him down? It can get worse?
Old 11-05-2009 | 01:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by loungn14
will bring him down? It can get worse?
Old 11-05-2009 | 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

bone stock E55 AMG
we should rent dyno shop for half day or so and have tuning battle BBQ... PC vs SI...
end the BS once for all...
Old 11-05-2009 | 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by nlpamg

well, he needs to move out of their shop first now doesn't he?
fyi...Powerchip cannot afford to pay the full rent so they share the building with Vadim and Raging Bull. Everytime I was there, a customer, mailman or UPS/FEDEX driver would ask me where was Powerchip. WTF? A global company? Usually nobody is even sitting at the two desks. The place is messy and unattended. I was quite appalled at the lack of professional atmosphere. Def not like a Brabus lobby or showroom.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How long should you wait for a refund from VADIM?