Rice rockets???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Nait Sirhc
If you really think a Supra is built better than an E55, you're delusional.
It was a sports coupe, and it's only fast when you sink a load of money into it.
Now I know you're a DSM guy, so you're already biased against Supra's, but these two lines are absolutely dead wrong. As far as BUILD QUALITY goes, a TT Supra is absolutely LEGENDARY. The 2JZ is absolutely bulletproof in stock form, and unlike ANY AMG Supras still carry a premium over their original MSRP. Mine is 12 years old and still runs FANTASTIC.

E55 guys, raise your hand if you've had to replace an intercooler pump, an SBC part, or a piece of your airmatic. We all know the E55 was a problem until '05-'06 when a number of changes were put in place.

As far as the second line, what do you consider fast? Because BPU Supra's will put out over 450 ponies with some very basic tweaks that still add up to less than an ECU tune for an E55.

Again, I know you like your little 4G63, but no imported Japanese car carries the legend the MKIV Supra carries.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 11-10-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Now I know you're a DSM guy, so you're already biased against Supra's, but these two lines are absolutely dead wrong. As far as BUILD QUALITY goes, a TT Supra is absolutely LEGENDARY. The 2JZ is absolutely bulletproof in stock form, and unlike ANY AMG Supras still carry a premium over their original MSRP. Mine is 12 years old and still runs FANTASTIC.

As far as the second line, what do you consider fast? Because BPU Supra's will put out over 450 ponies with some very basic tweaks that still add up to less than an ECU tune for an E55.

Again, I know you like your little 4G63, but no imported Japanese car carries the legend the MKIV Supra carries.
Agreed his kind of delusional typical MB driver "elitist" brand loyal uninformed clueless ignorance does not even deserve a response. Im actually still laughing.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
It really is quite funny.

When was the last time you heard of an E55 owner pulling out their seats and putting in Recaros? You know, because the Supra seats are so nice and built so well.

When was the last time you heard of an E55 owner pulling out their supercharger and building it up? You know, because the stock Supra turbos are so great.

When was the last time you heard of an E55 owner throwing in an AEM standalone, or HKS/Blitz/Greddy/Apexi air/fuel management or EBC or anything like that? You know, because the stock Supra management system is so great.

When was the last time you heard of an E55 owner having to replace/upgrade their entire suspension? You know, because the stock Supra suspension is so great.

When was the last time you heard of an E55 owner having to upgrade their lighting? You know, because the stock Supra halogens from the late 90s are so great.

Meanwhile you have thousands of E55 drivers who are perfectly satisfied with their vehicle, stock, which makes 170hp MORE than a stock Supra and will obliterate it in ANY competition. When was the last time you even SAW a stock Supra?

Do you REALLY, SINCERELY believe that a stock Toyota Supra is built better than a $100,000 top-of-the-line Mercedes-Benz E55?
You cant be serious.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Can this be rephrased to "The 2jz ENGINE ONLY" is very well built? The rest of the car- eh....

Cylinder head- there are a TON more 4g63's in 8's and 9's than there are Supras. I love the Supras as much as you do and have owned two- but don't go calling them "little 4g63's", because for what you've spent on that Supra- most 4g's would obliterate you.

Last edited by itsmeek; 11-10-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by itsmeek
Can this be rephrased to "The 2jz ENGINE ONLY" is very well built? The rest of the car- eh....

Cylinder head- there are a TON more 4g63's in 8's and 9's than there are Supras. I love the Supras as much as you do and have owned two- but don't go calling them "little 4g63's", because for what you've spent on that Supra- most 4g's would obliterate you.
Bench racing from a DSM driver what a surprise.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Meanwhile you have thousands of E55 drivers who are perfectly satisfied with their vehicle, stock, which makes 170hp MORE than a stock Supra and will obliterate it in ANY competition.
Actually the only competition the E55 has the edge in is in the drag racing department. The Supra has a better braking factor, better skidpad results and is quicker through a slalom.

When was the last time you even SAW a stock Supra?

Today, actually.
http://www.supratraderonline.com/sup...ngs/l0155.html

Do you REALLY, SINCERELY believe that a stock Toyota Supra is built better than a $100,000 top-of-the-line Mercedes-Benz E55?
Unequivocally yes, and a simple search here titled "Intercooler pump" will prove my case. There have been HUNDREDS of threads on this forum with regards to build quality issues. Many of these were ironed out with the '05-'06 model years.

I'm not saying the Supra is some complete luxury package from heaven, far from it, but as far as build quality and performance goes, dollar for dollar the Supra has it by a good margin.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Vic55
You think you have it bad in a Benz? Every boy racer with a shopping cart handle spolier wants a piece of the GT-R (could be considered a nice rice rocket ).

You just have to have self control and know when to let loose. If the road is clear, Ill put a little whooping on those cars. Even the fast quarter milers run out of steam up top; well some dont

Tonight, for no apparent reason, a lowered Civic comes up on me in my 997TT with his high beams on and then tries to go into the slow lane and sneak in and cut me off (I was in lane 3 of 4). I just drove slightly faster to keep him honest but no real speeding or stupid moves- too many cars. But he looked like an idiot coming up on me, switching lanes aggressively and basically pulling a tailgate party on the car in front of him.
I would try to race all 3 of your cars in my ricer hooptie if I saw it on the road lol
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
the words quickest and fastest E class,
Like a broken record! I didn't see your supra this weekend at imports vs domestics, guess you don't have anywhere near the "words quickest and fastest" supra. Just ride off other peoples coat tails. And before you start running your mouth about my sig, those are old numbers/times on pump gas and no nitrous

The 2JZ-GTE is a BEAST of an engine. One of my favortie motors of all time Toyota really did a great job on that one. Matter of fact I saw a supra run in the 7s this weekend! Obviously that engine has been reworked and heavily modded with a gigantic turbo lol

There are ricers and then there are nice JDM cars. There is a big difference. If you classify anything japanese as ricer, then you're wrong. I saw plenty of VERY nice examples of JDM cars this weekend.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Bench racing from a DSM driver what a surprise.
Uh huh..how am I bench racing? And what are you doing?

Last edited by itsmeek; 11-10-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I didn't see your supra this weekend at imports vs domestics, .

I was playing paintball this weekend sorry.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
I hate to break it to you little E drivers. But you need to relax, your little E class Mercedes Benz brand Toyota camry is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. There are MANY imports that will blow your doors off with ease. You drive a boring looking bland unreliable German grocery getter.

Actually, you do have a point here. The E Class is pretty much a basic sedan. An AMG E Class/CLS just has a nice motor. And the CLS is an E Class with limited headroom and no rear visibility. I would have bought a CL, myself. Much more of a car.

Anyway, I know we all could buy three Camrys for the price of an AMG E Class. But I'd personally rather have one E63. Safety, comfort, and much better for long trips. (I actually use my 911 for getting groceries, LOL) And any rice rocket is really a third car toy, imho. Fun , fast, and tossable, but that's really it. Not a DD, sorry. Why? I wanna keep my kidneys and ear drums intact. A toy for the weekend, for sure. But that's all they are.

Reliability? You play to pay. I would never buy a JDM rocket over a GT3 just because it's more reliable. That's stupid. Speed can come from a tin can, but build quality with racing pedigree is a lot different. And you pay for that R+D.

One car doesn't cut it. You need a few to balance it all out. Other imports will for sure blow the doors off the AMG. And doors keep getting blown off with every new model release from all the mfg. Hey come on, it's always been like that. But people still buy Ferraris from the 1980s and 930 Porsches.

If being the quickest (just by paying money to skilled tuners for their products that you actually never invented and built yourself) means that much then you should have bought something else than a CLS, imho.

Sounds contradictory, imho.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by 220S
Actually, you do have a point here. The E Class is pretty much a basic sedan. An AMG E Class/CLS just has a nice motor. And the CLS is an E Class with limited headroom and no rear visibility. I would have bought a CL, myself. Much more of a car.

Anyway, I know we all could buy three Camrys for the price of an AMG E Class. But I'd personally rather have one E63. Safety, comfort, and much better for long trips. (I actually use my 911 for getting groceries, LOL) And any rice rocket is really a third car toy, imho. Fun , fast, and tossable, but that's really it. Not a DD, sorry. Why? I wanna keep my kidneys and ear drums intact. A toy for the weekend, for sure. But that's all they are.

Reliability? You play to pay. I would never buy a JDM rocket over a GT3 just because it's more reliable. That's stupid. Speed can come from a tin can, but build quality with racing pedigree is a lot different. And you pay for that R+D.

One car doesn't cut it. You need a few to balance it all out. Other imports will for sure blow the doors off the AMG. And doors keep getting blown off with every new model release from all the mfg. Hey come on, it's always been like that. But people still buy Ferraris from the 1980s and 930 Porsches.

If being the quickest (just by paying money to skilled tuners for their products that you actually never invented and built yourself) means that much then you should have bought something else than a CLS, imho.

Sounds contradictory, imho.
Do you have A.D.D
Old 11-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I was playing paintball this weekend sorry.
Too bad. You missed a great event. There were some of the worlds quickest and fastest cars there (for their class). Still think your supra is fast?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuMygZXjoa4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJktgaOFZ6k
Old 11-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Too bad. You missed a great event. There were some of the worlds quickest and fastest cars there (for their class). Still think your supra is fast?

Old 11-10-2009, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...

WOW the second part was stupid fast. Jish those cars are hideous fast.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
WOW the second part was stupid fast. Jish those cars are hideous fast.
Yea, the further you go in the videos the faster they get because it gets into eliminations Stupid fast = 6.x @ 2xxmph
Old 11-10-2009, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 e55, 2008 r350, 1998 lexus es300
I hate to break it to you little E drivers. But you need to relax, your little E class Mercedes Benz brand Toyota camry is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. There are MANY imports that will blow your doors off with ease. You drive a boring looking bland unreliable German grocery getter.
i cant tell.....but are you serious? cause i'm laughing real hard right now
Old 11-10-2009, 03:29 PM

2004 E55 AMG
The Toyota Supra TT is an incredibly reliable car with a legendary block, excellent out of the box handling and braking. Pure legend.
The AMG E55 is also an excellent vehicle in it's own regard with a great motor and nice luxo feel and ride that one would not think twice taking the wife out to a nice dinner and clipping triple digits doing it.

Both excellent cars in their own regard. To compare them to each other is silly. Two completely different cars.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:09 PM

2002 BMW M5, 1992 AWD DSM, 1988 Yamaha FZR1000
You call me a "little 4G63" fanboy. And yet you see the word "Supra" and jump into fanboy mode, so much that you have to resort to throwing out condescending comments about a "little 4G63". The 5.5L V8 is quite a bit bigger than your motor. So should I call your Supra a "little 2JZ-GTE"? No, because it's retarded, and I really don't know why you even said that. DSMs are running in the 6s. What's the fastest Supra running these days? Why even bring up DSMs? I have a strong respect for all the TT JDM turbo cars, be it Fairlady, FD, 3000GT, R34, etc.... and I've been involved with them a lot longer than I have with my AMG.

I'm still wondering why Full Throttle bought a CLS55 if all he's going to do is talk **** on it and talk about how his Supra is SOOOOO much better. Why aren't you driving that then? Why are you even on this board? Do you have some sort of self-loathing issue?

This argument is so sad. The two cars are in different leagues. I should start claiming that my old 1977 Ford Thunderbird is built better than the new Lexus IS-F. IT'S A THUNDERBIRD COME ON MAN THAT CAR IS SO FAMOUS I MEAN T-BIRD YOU KNOW LIKE THE BEACH BOYS SONG

You really think that a 96 Toyota is built better than an 06 Mercedes AMG. Stock for stock. Think about what you're saying.

You are obsessed with talking about the 2JZ and how great it is. There's no debating that. The 2JZ-GTE is one of the best 6-cylinder turbo motors of all time, alongside or even above the RB26DETT, the N54, and the other super motors. But you're missing the point, yet again.

A car is more than an engine. And even sillier, the big deal about the 2JZ and the Supra isn't even about the engine or the car in stock form... the allure is simply its potential. Forget the fact that AMG hand-builds its motors and signs them, rather than rolling them all off the line in a factory.

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
I'm not saying the Supra is some complete luxury package from heaven, far from it, but as far as build quality and performance goes, dollar for dollar the Supra has it by a good margin.
Incorrect. Bringing up your constantly-reiterated RESALE VALUE, you can buy a 1996 Supra for $30k, or a 2006 E55 for $30k. Considering 80% of the Supras for sale are modified (I wonder why?) you'd be hard-pressed to find a stock one, and if you did, the E55 would be far, far better for the money. You really can't comprehend this?

It's apples and oranges. The AMG is a much, much nicer car overall. The Supra, when highly modified, will be much faster than the AMG. If you want to see something hilarious (since you keep bringing up RESALE VALUE RESALE VALUE OMG), go look at what Toyota Supras were selling for and their depreciation rate BEFORE The Fast & The Furious came out. Then look at the numbers afterwards. The resale value of the Supra is due to the rabid fanbase, not due to the car's build quality.

So let's look at the two cars and their build quality.

MB brakes? 8-pot front, 4-pot rear. Toyota brakes? 4-pot front, 2-pot rear. Stock for stock, the Mercedes is better.

I could go on and on all day. Interior quality? Leather quality? Suspension? Exhaust system? Sound system? TPMS? Remember, this is STOCK. Your Koni coilover setup or Recaro seats or JL Audio system or AEM standalone didn't come with the car. You had to buy them to make your car better, because it wasn't good enough as-is.

You try to claim that because people are having to replace IC pumps that the MB is built worse. Do you even remember all the issues plaguing the MKIV when it came out? Valve seals burning up? Motor mounts falling apart? Rattling hatch? Leaky/rattly targa top? Quit living in a fantasy world.

You want to claim that an MKIV Supra is built out of the better parts than a Mercedes E55 AMG. Funny thing about that.... the primary reason that people buy the MKIV Supra is to mod it.... or, in other words, to put in better parts.

Last edited by Nait Sirhc; 11-10-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG

You want to claim that an MKIV Supra is built out of the better parts than a Mercedes E55 AMG. Funny thing about that.... the primary reason that people buy the MKIV Supra is to mod it.... or, in other words, to put in better parts.

Ignorance should be painful.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG

MB brakes? 8-pot front, 4-pot rear. Toyota brakes? 4-pot front, 2-pot rear. Stock for stock, the Mercedes is better.
Please stop posting.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Old 11-10-2009, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Attention members of the MB board!! Please stop feeding the troll!! I tried to ignore, but can't. I used to own a Supra too, and some how some stupid way this thread make me hate that. Please stop feeding the troll!!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by 220S

Well said, but don't expect a guy who drives a CLS for the sole reason to pose as "a balla'" to understand.

Shame the Supra got brought up and disparaged by some. It's a great car and more of a benchmark vehicle than any MB off the top of my head save the Gullwing. It is clearly inferior to a modern MB as a daily driver but trying to find faults with its engine of all things is a pointless endeavor.

Like most gear heads I like Supras but let's forget them for this thread as it's deflecting attention from Full Throttle's moronic postings. I'm not going to be drawn into insulting the CLS as it's a good car with many knowledgeable enthusiasts among its owner-base. What I will say is it also has an unfortunate habit of attracting people who are most interested in polishing their 20s and badging so they can "go fast with class."

Us poor plebs who are confident enough to fly under the radar in a regular sedan are so unsophisticated.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Well said, but don't expect a guy who drives a CLS for the sole reason to pose as "a balla'" to understand.
Agreed i hate that almost as much as all the trashy Euro ToOners riding around in ther slammed bouncing ticket mobiles. Who feel their spray painted calipers and black rims that look baked on brake dust is "mad tyte YO"
Old 11-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Agreed i hate that almost as much as all the trashy Euro ToOners riding around in ther slammed bouncing ticket mobiles. Who feel their spray painted calipers and black rims that look baked on brake dust is "mad tyte YO"
You have an ELM on your CLS with bling bling wheels

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rice rockets???