Southern invasion of Sacramento 12/05/09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by bassn_07
It was nothing special and not worth writing about. I will be at Famoso in January and I'll have a better comparison but until then it was a fun day. Sorry but like I stated before I posted my last time slip the last time, same mistake doesn't happen twice.....

Yeah, Sal had some traction issues which hopefully will get worked out. Either way it was a great time and we'll meet up again at Famoso....I'm coming for ya Sal!!!!
talk to ya tamara
Old 12-06-2009, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Glad to hear everyone had fun and the MB showing was awesome. Since the beans ain't leaving the burrito, is it safe to say the AMG flag remains in the North?
Old 12-06-2009, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
The Flag is secure and I firmly believe in the hands of the fastest Mercedes Benz on either coast.

Alan has the set up nailed, his car is simply head and shoulders above.

SAL , I am so sorry for you man , I wish I could have helped out but the 55's scare me . LOL

Trapping 129.xx on a bad run tells you something, I hope you can even up the series down at OUR home track!

Alan, please do not allow the negativity keep you from sharing this achievement. You have earned this with alot of hard work and Sacramento is not an "easy" place to earn records.

Im sure SAL and the drivers of the cars that hit the wall can attest to this.

Jack, you are a champion man. Well deserved, you have mastered your ride, it looks amazing as well and on top of this you are a great guy to run with.

Mo , as usual man you deserve this as well, so much work, so many days spent trying to get people out. Your car is now the fastest stock E63? I think...

Alan piloted the E63 to a record , Mikes E55 to an 11.4 @ 125, lol stay away from my car man.. Jack als ran the E63 to some impressive times.

Drew ,
Thank you so much for coming , bringing your great fam . So funny , you are more nuts than me , LOL.. April 16th we should throw a party for the kids. My girl is a real
sweetie and Im sure she would enjoy hanging with yer little guy while we race , hahaha.

I did great ran all 12.1's and a 12.04. I needed one more run for 11's, car felt great , I cut good lights all .0xx and one .004.
My best race was against the M3(Drew). Wish we had that on video.
Hammer and Drew also had great battles.

The SAL vs Allan did not materialize as planned as home feild advantage played a big part in limiting SAL and his car.

Sacramento is great, and the staff does a good job but it is slippery and it takes huge cow bells to push through the fear. Alan is comfy , he was more afraid in Mo's E63...LOL

My CLS 63 went 12.04@119.966, this is a new PB for me and the fastest any CLS 63 has trapped ever off nitrous

I believe this was the first time my car ahas been in negative DA and it was a gamechanger for trap speed. The DA was good for 2 mph.

I failed 11's once again drove 10 hours to get 4 runs.

Jerry thanks for coming out as well and I am certain you will get that SL 55 off the 12.6 mark with some tires!

Awesome runs fellas.

Tre, you did a great job today helping out, it was great seeing you again all grown up.

MIKE: Dam man thanks for the 209, that octane really worked. I can pay pal you the cash , please pm me or send me a billl.

SAL , you get the , "I can't believe" you drove all that way award. Do not despair EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY!

Last edited by juicee63; 12-06-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Oh maaaaannnnn....... what a long day. Alan, Sal, Mike, and I did not sleep until 3:30 am the night before as we were out drinking and for some reason, I'm still suffering from the hang-over

I want to thank everyone that made the effort to go up there and run their cars or even hang out with us, you guys were awesome and that is why I love organizing these events. Thank you guys again for all the hard work and dedication you showed at Sacramento

Josh, you did great my friend..... had we had the opportunity to run from 4 to 6, I have no doubt, your car would've went 11s..... you're a great driver, as great as they come, and trust me when I say this... you will hit 11s in January

My car may have broken the record for the fastest stock E63 with one of Amer's runs putting out a 12.8 at 118.8x..... also, I may actually have a 12.1x time slip. Unfortunately, I forgot the slips in his bag and I won't be able to get them until tomorrow

Alan and Jack.... thank you guys so much for all the help and advise on launching and running down the track with the car. I truly appreciate it
Old 12-06-2009, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
335i
Was the track pretty crowded? Are you going back out in January?
Old 12-06-2009, 03:51 AM

Awesome day, great hanging out with all of you!

Here's my best pass on Video, against Hammer Down, Jack you are a heck of a cool cat! Appreciate the runs Brotha. You got me on one run, then I got you, very close, but your traps were awesome! Alan great to meet you Bro, thank you so much for the gas! Joseph, awesome traps Bro, once you get the DCT figured out, 10's are doable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG-B3RI-LHs

Mo thanks again Brotha! Josh great runs man, you will get there! Took me a bunch of runs to finally get that 11.9, then the 11.88, best trap was 119, flat out great condtions, but the high HP guys were having some trouble hooking. Sal, you are the best Bro, thank you so much for bringing and taking back the DR's for me!!!

Last edited by DLSJ5; 12-06-2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by hotrod182
Was the track pretty crowded? Are you going back out in January?
Not crowded at all.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:54 AM

SL55 AMG

:t ear:
Old 12-06-2009, 04:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by juicee63
The Flag is secure and I firmly believe in the hands of the fastest Mercedes Benz on either coast.

Alan has the set up nailed, his car is simply head and shoulders above.

SAL , I am so sorry for you man , I wish I could have helped out but the 55's scare me . LOL

Trapping 129.xx on a bad run tells you something, I hope you can even up the series down at OUR home track!

Alan, please do not allow the negativity keep you from sharing this achievement. You have earned this with alot of hard work and Sacramento is not an "easy" place to earn records.

Im sure SAL and the drivers of the cars that hit the wall can attest to this.

Jack, you are a champion man. Well deserved, you have mastered your ride, it looks amazing as well and on top of this you are a great guy to run with.

Mo , as usual man you deserve this as well, so much work, so many days spent trying to get people out. Your car is now the fastest stock E63? I think...

Alan piloted the E63 to a record , Mikes E55 to an 11.4 @ 125, lol stay away from my car man.. Jack als ran the E63 to some impressive times.

Drew ,
Thank you so much for coming , bringing your great fam . So funny , you are more nuts than me , LOL.. April 16th we should throw a party for the kids. My girl is a real
sweetie and Im sure she would enjoy hanging with yer little guy while we race , hahaha.

I did great ran all 12.1's and a 12.04. I needed one more run for 11's, car felt great , I cut good lights all .0xx and one .004.
My best race was against the M3(Drew). Wish we had that on video.
Hammer and Drew also had great battles.

The SAL vs Allan did not materialize as planned as home feild advantage played a big part in limiting SAL and his car.

Sacramento is great, and the staff does a good job but it is slippery and it takes huge cow bells to push through the fear. Alan is comfy , he was more afraid in Mo's E63...LOL

My CLS 63 went 12.04@119.966, this is a new PB for me and the fastest any CLS 63 has trapped ever off nitrous

I believe this was the first time my car ahas been in negative DA and it was a gamechanger for trap speed. The DA was good for 2 mph.

I failed 11's once again drove 10 hours to get 4 runs.

Jerry thanks for coming out as well and I am certain you will get that SL 55 off the 12.6 mark with some tires!

Awesome runs fellas.

Tre, you did a great job today helping out, it was great seeing you again all grown up.
Glad you made it home Josh safely. Once again thanks from coming up because a event isn't event without you . Your humor and constant drive motivates everyone "Godfather II"....haha.

Sal has a handle on things and I'm sure our next meeting will be legendary. His car is a true monster and just looking at it scares me . I still have no doubt his car is as fast or faster than mine...no doubt. When we run both cars need to be 100% healthy otherwise with the cars so evenly matched it wouldn't be fair to either party. I'm not saying anything is wrong with his car but he just wasn't feeling it and that's enough for me.

Sal, thanks again for coming up!!!! We'll meet again soon and I'm sure it will be awesome. This is just a preliminary meeting before the real deal....a feel out . Now we know what we need to do to beat each other next time . Jk. I'm done with modding and the only thing I have left is a 100 octane tune and a diet.

Thanks again Mo for everything you've done!

Hey Andrew, thanks again buddy for all the help and the ice. It's always a pleasure seeing you and you're just fricken awesome. Thanks again!!!

About the bar....Damn guys who closes a fricken hotel bar at 11:00 . Hopefully next time we could stay somewhere with a real bar that will stay open to at least 2 am .

Yeah...I'm good about my times. Everyone who needs to know knows. There's no reason why I would need or want to put myself through all the drama. Thanks anyways Josh for the compliments and wait until my 100 octane tune gets done..... Either way I'm just glad to hear that Sacramento is a NHRA sanctioned track and they (NHRA) do all the calibrating on the equipment. Whatever times that were ran here today are legit and shouldn't be questioned otherwise every other sanction track would share the same consequences. Everyone should be proud of what they did today and whether or not they wish to share will be on them.

Once again everyone.....GREAT JOB and let's do it again soon.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by URnext

Cheer up buddy and be glad you made it home safely to your family . Like I said when both cars are 100% we'll do it.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by URnext

Sal.... believe it or not, your car trapped almost 130 mph despite a dead air suspension that caused partially rubbing on and off down the entire track

Had the suspension been at the proper height and working properly, your burn outs would've been nice and smooth and your runs would've been as close to Alan's runs as you can get. I know it is hard to believe right now, but I really honestly believe that suspension cost you the day

And I've been screaming foul on that suspension since Famoso if you can recall
Old 12-06-2009, 04:51 AM

A Prius because I'm green
I had an ok day like Alan, nothing special or worth posting. I just got home and have to get up in 2.5 hours for work!

Good seeing and meeting everyone, Alan and Jack thanks for all the help! Now I just need to go do some homework and see what she can really do!
Old 12-06-2009, 04:56 AM

SL55 AMG
Damn I am still up after drinking like 3 gallons of redbull

I started my 8 Hour journey to Sacramento, a whole lot of refueling when averaging 9MPG, knowing I had some issue's that needed to be resolved with my car when I arrived but had no idea it was going to paralyze my car at the track.

Long story short

-A coolant line busted and leak all over the engine bay which I was aware of and spent good amount of time trying to repair it.
-ABC failed causing my suspension in the rear to collapse COMPLETELY.
-I ran 3 times and all were complete fails.

Yes, traction was an issue but is was mainly caused by not being able to properly burnout due to the problem with rear suspension.

Alan thanks for the invite, challenge, and hospitality. We will make this happen next for sure.

Mo thanks for all your help and also for making the best out the private track rental turned public.

Juicee thanks for the comedy as usual and helping shave 45 minutes out of my ride back home by being wingman.

To avoid my list going on forever since I am starting to crash off of my Red Bull high.......... Thanks to everyone. It was nice seeing the usuals and some new peeps.

Lastly, thanks to everyone for the group therapy.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:03 AM

335i
9 MPG! I assume that was in the tow vehicle??
Old 12-06-2009, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
I just got up to go to the bathroom and then I said oh I forgot to log on. So now its 3:30am It was a good day for all, the track was good and the crew that showed up today was even better.

I'm glad to hear that everyone made it home safely. Mo thanks giving me a shot at piloting your ride. I ran it when it was a tad warm (engine) but I got a 12.3@117.xx on my second run. If we could have run from 4-5 I see your car going 12.0 maybe even 11.9x

Alan your car is sick as always it's friggin AWESOME when my car grows up I hope that it grows up to be like yours. again

Mike we had a really good race together I hope someone got that on film, just when I thought I had a slight lead the difference in stock power vs modded power was shown! Awesome run my friend (and that guy in minivan was a straight *** on the way home)

Josh old buddy, damn man you are right there (dont forget to put your cover on) next time wax the ride and fold back your mirrors and you will go 11.9x. I'm sure we will run together again.

Drew it was nice meeting and running with you. I wish I had your transmission in my car I usually don't go back to back but I knew everyone wanted to see us run. Did you get both runs on video or just one? btw your car looks awesome in red. Your family are a bunch of troopers I wish my wife would come out but there's no shopping or wine tasting at the track

Sal it was nice meeting you and your ride is wild and loud J/k I only wish that you got in some clean runs but I think I still saw you put down a 129mph trap right in front of me. Your is a fast one for sho!

Joe man your car moves like a SOB when you get that thing dialed in man I easily see 10's @ 130+ in your future I forget your girls name but it was nice meeting her as well. She's also a trooper for hanging out all day with us knuckleheads.

Andrew bro thanks again for coming out and supporting all of us and my son still wants to buy your truck

Enzom your stock powered record is still safe for another day. I again ran my
personal best today (seems like everytime I go out now) I'll start with my worst, traction for me today was hit or miss as I am still getting use to the drag radials. My slowest trap speed today was 120.26 and my fastest trap was 121.67 which went along with an et of 11.81. I hooked up really good there

My new personal best et is now 11.795.

Last edited by Hammer Down; 12-06-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:12 PM

2004 SL55 AMG EUROCHARGED. 2002 X5. 1999 SUBURBAN WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGER+MODs,04 M3 EUROCHARED
Yesterday my first real Drag Racing experience. It was awesome to witness
some of the fast AMG's. I ran with 20' tires again (did not have time to change the wheels} I had 3 runs at all 12.6x with 116.5x to 117.5x
I will try again with proper tires. It was busy day but I am glad that I made the time to meet all of you guys at the tack "what a bunch of nice guys" to hang with and Thanks for the invitation Alan.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by cdsjklee
Yesterday my first real Drag Racing experience. It was awesome to witness
some of the fast AMG's. I ran with 20' tires again (did not have time to change the wheels} I had 3 runs at all 12.6x with 116.5x to 117.5x
I will try again with proper tires. It was busy day but I am glad that I made the time to meet all of you guys at the tack "what a bunch of nice guys" to hang with and Thanks for the invitation Alan.
How did u like the ecu reset on the way home?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I just got up to go to the bathroom and then I said oh I forgot to log on. So now its 3:30am It was a good day for all, the track was good and the crew that showed up today was even better.

I'm glad to hear that everyone made it home safely. Mo thanks giving me a shot at piloting your ride. I ran it when it was a tad warm (engine) but I got a 12.3@117.xx on my second run. If we could have run from 4-5 I see your car going 12.0 maybe even 11.9x

Alan your car is sick as always it's friggin AWESOME when my car grows up I hope that it grows up to be like yours. again

Mike we had a really good race together I hope someone got that on film, just when I thought I had a slight lead the difference in stock power vs modded power was shown! Awesome run my friend (and that guy in minivan was a straight *** on the way home)

Josh old buddy, damn man you are right there (dont forget to put your cover on) next time wax the ride and fold back your mirrors and you will go 11.9x. I'm sure we will run together again.

Drew it was nice meeting and running with you. I wish I had your transmission in my car I usually don't go back to back but I knew everyone wanted to see us run. Did you get both runs on video or just one? btw your car looks awesome in red. Your family are a bunch of troopers I wish my wife would come out but there's no shopping or wine tasting at the track

Sal it was nice meeting you and your ride is wild and loud J/k I only wish that you got in some clean runs but I think I still saw you put down a 129mph trap right in front of me. Your is a fast one for sho!

Joe man your car moves like a SOB when you get that thing dialed in man I easily see 10's @ 130+ in your future I forget your girls name but it was nice meeting her as well. She's also a trooper for hanging out all day with us knuckleheads.

Andrew bro thanks again for coming out and supporting all of us and my son still wants to buy your truck

Enzom your stock powered record is still safe for another day. I again ran my
personal best today (seems like everytime I go out now) I'll start with my worst, traction for me today was hit or miss as I am still getting use to the drag radials. My slowest trap speed today was 120.26 and my fastest trap was 121.67 which went along with an et of 11.81. I hooked up really good there

My new personal best et is now 11.795.
Jack....your car is just a factory freak that amazes me on every pass. Your car will soon own that long chased record of Enzoms and it will be truly earned.

I know I said it before but Sacramento's weather was so perfect yesterday how could records not have been broken? As the day progressed the track got faster and faster with DA dropping as the sky cleared. Did anyone else notice the mph increase from the beginning to the end . From my first run to my third run I picked up a 2.5 MPH..... Then again it could have been my higher octane gas kicking in.

Drew - congrats on the new PB! I hope it was worth the journey and you and your family have a great time here in the Bay Area.

Jason, I'm glad you made it and it seems like you had a blast. Take care of that tire situation and you'll be set to go the next time out .
Old 12-06-2009, 12:44 PM

'07 Charger SRT8
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Sal.... believe it or not, your car trapped almost 130 mph despite a dead air suspension that caused partially rubbing on and off down the entire track

Had the suspension been at the proper height and working properly, your burn outs would've been nice and smooth and your runs would've been as close to Alan's runs as you can get. I know it is hard to believe right now, but I really honestly believe that suspension cost you the day

And I've been screaming foul on that suspension since Famoso if you can recall
I was wondering why the rear tires were cocked inboard. That explains it.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:48 PM

'07 Charger SRT8
Originally Posted by bassn_07
I know I said it before but Sacramento's weather was so perfect yesterday how could records not have been broken? As the day progressed the track got faster and faster with DA dropping as the sky cleared. Did anyone else notice the mph increase from the beginning to the end . From my first run to my third run I picked up a 2.5 MPH.....
DA went up from -600 at noon to -160 at 1600 hrs. (per dragtimes) It felt faster in my opinion because the track got better (stickier) over time. I was finally getting consistent good launches at the end. Too bad we couldn't have stayed another hour or two.

Alan, you are like a machine how you got your car to perform so consistently. I complain about the bad track prep but it didn't seem to bother you any.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by budoboy
DA went up from -600 at noon to -160 at 1600 hrs. (per dragtimes) It felt faster in my opinion because the track got better (stickier) over time. I was finally getting consistent good launches at the end. Too bad we couldn't have stayed another hour or two.

Alan, you are like a machine how you got your car to perform so consistently. I complain about the bad track prep but it didn't seem to bother you any.

Alan is in tight with the staff, they spray his tire at the line with VSM.

The VSM allows for perfect runs everytime

Sorry I did not introduce myself, and I hope we get another chance for 10's and 11's!!
Old 12-06-2009, 01:25 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Alan anyone can build a fast car. It takes a talented person to drive it. You are that person. Congrats. Famoso should be epic.
Josh- Nice RT's, looks like your bringing your A game to AZ.
Mo- Come on out and have some fun with us.
After running yesterday in the coldest air I've ever ran in, I noticed it took my car about 6 runs to get acclimated. After that it felt like a different car.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:14 PM

LS430
The beasts are out of the stable...130mph with dead ABC...*faint*...lol. Great to hear the community still going to set the bar. I always find it amazingly impressive to a have a luxury based cruiser/sedan/coupe whatever it may be with a high curb weight lay down amazing ETs and traps. Cheers to all you guys.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by budoboy

Haha...it's the tires and car. All you need to do is point it straight and hold on .

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Alan anyone can build a fast car. It takes a talented person to drive it. You are that person. Congrats. Famoso should be epic.
Thanks Evan for the complement, it means a lot coming from ya. DR's are much obviously much easier to launch than street tires. Mo asked me to run his E63 due to my success with street tires at Sac and I was able to match his car's PB on my 2nd run...thank god. I was worried that I would run a 13+ pass .

Originally Posted by E55AMGFan
The beasts are out of the stable...130mph with dead ABC...*faint*...lol. Great to hear the community still going to set the bar. I always find it amazingly impressive to a have a luxury based cruiser/sedan/coupe whatever it may be with a high curb weight lay down amazing ETs and traps. Cheers to all you guys.
Sal's car is a fricken monster and his suspension was killing his burnout which killed his launch and ET's .His tires fit similar to my 265-40-18's that I use to use and they were also very close. I'm not sure about the SL's but on my E they had negative camber which angled the tires upward and in when I launched or went over humps. I had less than 1/2 of finger space between my tire and fender with that setup...I thought for sure it would rub but they never did. The good thing if that's the case it will be a easy fix. Either way his car would have seen easily 130+ with a clean run...no doubt. Sacramento is very fast but it could be a tough track as some found out. Not just off the line but mid way through.

Last edited by bassn_07; 12-06-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
lol, I was very happy my family was able to go, we're actually still out of town, my sister lives in Reno, so we made it a mini vaction.

I do have the vid, PM me your email and I will send you the raw file, thing is my wife only panned to my time on the board, so she didn't get your time. Let me know if you still want me to email it to you, it's no problem at all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Southern invasion of Sacramento 12/05/09