W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Southern invasion of Sacramento 12/05/09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 SL55 AMG EUROCHARGED. 2002 X5. 1999 SUBURBAN WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGER+MODs,04 M3 EUROCHARED
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
How did u like the ecu reset on the way home?
It was much better. Responds was very quick before I had slight lag time now what a difference. Right after I got out of Sac. Race way I floor the gas at about 30 mph the car broke loose I never had that happen before, I should ran at the Track with ECU reset. Well now I know what I should do before next Track event. Thanks! Hammer Down.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Just got home, I felt like I was drifting off and just pulled off the 5 last night and slept in a motel, no reason to rush.

Just wanted to thank everyone at the track and I was glad to meet some of the guys here I had not before, such as Hammer Down and Mikesamg. It was a pleasure to meet you both.

I just had bad luck from the get go and it took me a couple hours to figure out what was wrong with my line lock and fix it. Once I did though, I still had some transmission issues but got a couple complete runs trying various methods.

I have a nice trap speed to show the potential, one step at a time. I'll see if I can get some issues resolved before Arizona

Josh, I know you are itching for those 11's and believe me, I understand. Just remember, sometimes the anticipation of something is more exciting than the actual thing or event. I'm not trying to lecture you, just saying enjoy the ride getting there. After all, that is what this is all about.

Alan, incredible job and what else needs to be said? The car spoke for itself, I won't address any of the haters as there is no need to. The cars performance is not what I want to touch on, as that is obvious. I want to convey just how much respect I have for you with how you conduct yourself, especially at the track. Offering to take off your skinnies and let Josh use them to achieve his goal epitomizes what this is all about.

Sal, as always, you helped me out with something important I swear, if I attended track events you were not also at I would never get home. Thanks for the help with the trailer, I honestly did not know what I was doing with that thing as it was the first time I towed my vehicle. Thanks man, sorry it could not go better (for either of us).

Drew, much thanks and congratulations. Thank you for doing everything you could to help when things were not going well. I still have your knife, sorry, forgot, just tell me where to drop it off. I'll be honest, I'm not as positive of a person as you are. That is an admirable quality that you posses and I thank you for the kind words. Trust me, it put a smile on my face when I saw 11.xx light up, just what I had been saying all along It was great seeing you out there with your family, just reinforces the fact we are regular guys just going out there trying to have fun. It is amazing just how fun and civil things can be with keyboards removed from the picture.

Until next time gentlemen.

Last edited by Banme; 12-06-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Banme
Just got home, I felt like I was drifting off and just pulled off the 5 last night and slept in a motel. No reason to rush.

Just wanted to thank everyone at the track and I was glad to meet some of the guys here I had not before, such as Hammer Down and Mikesamg. It was a pleasure to meet you both.

I just had bad luck from the get go and it took me a couple hours to figure out what was wrong with my line lock and fix it. Once I did though, I still had some transmission issues but got a couple complete runs trying various methods.

I have a nice trap speed to show the potential, one step at a time. I'll see if I can get some issues resolved before Arizona

Josh, I know you are itching for those 11's and believe me, I understand. Just remember, sometimes the anticipation of something is more exciting than the actual thing or event. I'm not trying to lecture you, just saying enjoy the ride getting there. After all, that is what this is all about.

Alan, incredible job and what else needs to be said? The car spoke for itself, I won't address any of the haters as there is no need to. The cars performance is not what I want to touch on, as that is obvious. I want to convey just how much respect I have for you with how you conduct yourself, especially at the track. Offering to take off your skinnies and let Josh use them to achieve his goal epitomizes what this is all about.
Sal, as always, you helped me out with something important I swear, if I attended track events you were not also at I would never get home. Thanks for the help with the trailer, I honestly did not know what I was doing with that thing as it was the first time I towed my vehicle. Thanks man, sorry it could not go better (for either of us).

Drew, much thanks and congratulations. Thank you for doing everything you could to help when things were not going well. I still have your knife, sorry, forgot, just tell me where to drop it off. I'll be honest, I'm not as positive of a person as you are. That is an admirable quality that you posses and I thank you for the kind words. Trust me, it put a smile on my face when I saw 11.xx light up, just what I had been saying all along It was great seeing you out there with your family, just reinforces the fact we are regular guys just going out there trying to have fun. It is amazing just how fun and civil things can be with keyboards removed from the picture.

Until next time gentleman.

Joseph man you really hit it oput of the park. Frustrating as it is we always learn, this is what is important.

Alan offering me his wheels , you are right that is BIG!

Had they fit , we all knw that 12.0 is going to be 11.x.

I was driving to the shack knowing I held off Drew and his 11 second M3,

"Pleae, please , please, please, let it be an 11 second slip"

I read 11.92 and it was Drew, oh well more reason to keep pressing.

My car ran strong, and I had four clean runs 3 12.13's and one 12.04

GREAT JOB,

Alan dam man , you are the fricken MAN
Old 12-06-2009, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Here is Drew vs Me and my record trap and ET

I think this M3 wen't 11.88 on another run and also trapped near 120.

Southern invasion of Sacramento 12/05/09-m3vscls63record.jpg
Old 12-06-2009, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
lol, I was very happy my family was able to go, we're actually still out of town, my sister lives in Reno, so we made it a mini vaction.

I do have the vid, PM me your email and I will send you the raw file, thing is my wife only panned to my time on the board, so she didn't get your time. Let me know if you still want me to email it to you, it's no problem at all.
pm sent, it wasn't my quickest run but it was still a 11.84@121.357
Old 12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
pm sent, it wasn't my quickest run but it was still a 11.84@121.357

My video of you vs a Corvette was also 11.8x?

It will be posted shorthly
Old 12-06-2009, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by cdsjklee
It was much better. Responds was very quick before I had slight lag time now what a difference. Right after I got out of Sac. Race way I floor the gas at about 30 mph the car broke loose I never had that happen before, I should ran at the Track with ECU reset. Well now I know what I should do before next Track event. Thanks! Hammer Down.
Your welcome and let me know when you want to hook up and get that ride of your lowered.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by juicee63
My video of you vs a Corvette was also 11.8x?

It will be posted shorthly
Oh yeah that was a good one, I can only imagine the look on the corvette's guys face when he got the jump and then I caught him he ran a 12.06@122.29 and I ran a 11.81@121.67
Old 12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Oh yeah that was a good one, I can only imagine the look on the corvette's guys face when he got the jump and then I caught him he ran a 12.06@122.29 and I ran a 11.81@121.67
You bully's!!! Always picking on the sport cars that are much lighter and with 2 doors . I can't even remember what I raced but on my best run I beat a car by 4 seconds...haha. Actually they always put me in my own lane except for my last run .
Old 12-06-2009, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I have a few videos that I'll post up but I'm trying to figure out how to convert to a better quality file to upload to youtube. It just seem like I'm losing quite a bit quality on upload...any suggestions.

I have Jack and Drew, both Jack and Drew vs. the vette and a few more. Once I get this all figured out I'll upload the videos
Old 12-06-2009, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by bassn_07
I have a few videos that I'll post up but I'm trying to figure out how to convert to a better quality file to upload to youtube. It just seem like I'm losing quite a bit quality on upload...any suggestions.

I have Jack and Drew, both Jack and Drew vs. the vette and a few more. Once I get this all figured out I'll upload the videos
Maybe use vimeo?
Old 12-06-2009, 09:10 PM

'07 Charger SRT8
Originally Posted by bassn_07

I have the same problems with youtube but don't have a solution. Can't wait to see the vids!
Old 12-06-2009, 10:09 PM

A Prius because I'm green
When is the next event I'm ready!!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
When is the next event I'm ready!!!!
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ck-rental.html
Old 12-06-2009, 10:17 PM

I voted already haha but it's not decided yet MO! I can't decide do I want to hit 11.3 or just add the last thing and run with Alan. Not sure anyone could handle having to go through me to get to Alan first, being that our cars are dubbed "THE TWINS".
Old 12-06-2009, 10:29 PM

I voted already haha but it's not decided yet MO! I can't decide do I want to hit 11.3 or just add the last thing and run with Alan. Not sure anyone could handle having to go through me to get to Alan first, being that our cars are dubbed "THE TWINS".
Old 12-07-2009, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
I see the updated time in the sig - very nice. What was the break down of that run? What was the 60'? That trap is very fast for 11.4, spin?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by prodigymb
I see the updated time in the sig - very nice. What was the break down of that run? What was the 60'? That trap is very fast for 11.4, spin?
It's Neg DA I think it was somewhere around -170 or so when that run was made. I would still like to see what Mike's car can do with some east like neg-DA 600-700
Old 12-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Banned

BMW
I know the ET is not impressive, I'm working on that aspect. Just want everyone to be aware there is a pissed off and determined M3 owner out there doing things that people said were not possible:
Attached Thumbnails Southern invasion of Sacramento 12/05/09-slip.jpg  
Old 12-07-2009, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by prodigymb

No I actually feathered into the throttle because I screwed up on the burnout and it was the last run. I didn't want anyone to get held up and not run since they were closing in less then 5 minutes. My car trapped 11.5x@125.xx consistently before this and the weather just helped it run faster this weekend. I would suspect slippage if it was the only high trap but it wasn't. one 11.4 that Alan did in my car trapped 125 the rest were 127-128. The slower trap was the first run and my car always gets faster with each run.

I just got lucky with having excellent weather and I have a cooling mod that helps out (no it's not meth or nos) but it helps a little like a rear reservoir does. I even had a vbox in the car but it wasn't recording unfortunately. It was Mo's box and he even checked to see if it was recording and we were told that it will put it on the SD card. Apparently you do need to set it to record but the box verified my runs I just don't have the exact information, just memory from visually checking the box as I was breaking since it reset when I stopped to get my slip.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
I know the ET is not impressive, I'm working on that aspect. Just want everyone to be aware there is a pissed off and determined M3 owner out there doing things that people said were not possible:
That is AMAZING

my car has similar splits , lol

6mph better trap in the 8th then you are 10 ahead by the end . Looks like you need to sort out some things,

hats off for coming so far.

If you square it away maybe a BMW can capture the AMG flag
Old 12-07-2009, 02:15 AM

335i
Impressive trap speed...congrats! Your car has tremendous potential and will pioneer the way for others wanting to FI their E90/E92 M3s also.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Joseph, your dedication and determination are very admirable..... everything went wrong at the last two events yet you stayed positive and kept trying. I have no doubt your car will get there soon.....
Old 12-08-2009, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
I just got up to go to the bathroom and then I said oh I forgot to log on. So now its 3:30am It was a good day for all, the track was good and the crew that showed up today was even better.

I'm glad to hear that everyone made it home safely. Mo thanks giving me a shot at piloting your ride. I ran it when it was a tad warm (engine) but I got a 12.3@117.xx on my second run. If we could have run from 4-5 I see your car going 12.0 maybe even 11.9x

Alan your car is sick as always it's friggin AWESOME when my car grows up I hope that it grows up to be like yours. again

Mike we had a really good race together I hope someone got that on film, just when I thought I had a slight lead the difference in stock power vs modded power was shown! Awesome run my friend (and that guy in minivan was a straight *** on the way home)

Josh old buddy, damn man you are right there (dont forget to put your cover on) next time wax the ride and fold back your mirrors and you will go 11.9x. I'm sure we will run together again.

Drew it was nice meeting and running with you. I wish I had your transmission in my car I usually don't go back to back but I knew everyone wanted to see us run. Did you get both runs on video or just one? btw your car looks awesome in red. Your family are a bunch of troopers I wish my wife would come out but there's no shopping or wine tasting at the track

Sal it was nice meeting you and your ride is wild and loud J/k I only wish that you got in some clean runs but I think I still saw you put down a 129mph trap right in front of me. Your is a fast one for sho!

Joe man your car moves like a SOB when you get that thing dialed in man I easily see 10's @ 130+ in your future I forget your girls name but it was nice meeting her as well. She's also a trooper for hanging out all day with us knuckleheads.

Andrew bro thanks again for coming out and supporting all of us and my son still wants to buy your truck

Enzom your stock powered record is still safe for another day. I again ran my
personal best today (seems like everytime I go out now) I'll start with my worst, traction for me today was hit or miss as I am still getting use to the drag radials. My slowest trap speed today was 120.26 and my fastest trap was 121.67 which went along with an et of 11.81. I hooked up really good there

My new personal best et is now 11.795.
Congrats on your new personal best. It comes well deserved. I heard the track conditions were phenomenal to say the least. My car ran 11.9 in 1246 DA. It's safe to say we could have had some close runs.

I heard you and drew had some good runs.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Max.H
Congrats on your new personal best. It comes well deserved. I heard the track conditions were phenomenal to say the least. My car ran 11.9 in 1246 DA. It's safe to say we could have had some close runs.

I heard you and drew had some good runs.
Yeah we went at it twice and he won one and I won one based on et. I ran 11.84 vs 12.02 then he ran 11.88 vs 11.90.

I was looking at one of my slips today and I about threw up. I ran a 11.81@121.xx with a 1.89 60' could you imagine what my et would have been if I would have run 1.72 as I did when I ran 11.79? I think I would have run 11.64 or better

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Southern invasion of Sacramento 12/05/09