Southern invasion of Sacramento 12/05/09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Southern invasion of Sacramento 12/05/09

Will Sal take down the king of the North at his home track?

AMG flag and bragging rights for quite sometime are at stake.

Can a lightly modded CLS 63 beat the Worlds fastest stock E55?

The runs start at high noon, stay tuned as the fastest E55 battles the fastest SL55 , same track same day, run whatcha brung and then some.

Capture the flag round 2 , does it stay by the bay or take the ride 376 miles South ?
Old 12-05-2009, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by juicee63

The runs start at high noon, stay tuned as the fastest E55 battles the fastest SL55 , same track same day, run whatcha brung and then some.

Capture the flag round 2 , does it stay by the bay or take the ride 376 miles South ?

THe twin black E55s will be ready for any thing the south has to throw at it. Let the fun begin for Team AMG!

I got your gas waiting for you Juicee, not to fear I have some extra juice in it for you

Good luck tomorrow
Old 12-05-2009, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Good Luck to you animals!
Old 12-05-2009, 12:48 AM

'07 Charger SRT8
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing you guys run. It is like an extended family reunion for me.

I like to think of my Daimler-Chrysler SRT8 as some kind of backwoods illegitimate AMG cousin.

Kind of like cousin Eddie is to Clark Griswold:-)
Old 12-05-2009, 01:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
Originally Posted by juicee63

Damn Juicee!

This sounds like a movie preview commentary to a kick *** action racing flick. I've already got my popcorn and soda inhand ready for this to start.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by budoboy
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing you guys run. It is like an extended family reunion for me.

I like to think of my Daimler-Chrysler SRT8 as some kind of backwoods illegitimate AMG cousin.

Kind of like cousin Eddie is to Clark Griswold:-)

Well it's my understanding that Chargers and 300s have the w210 chasis? So maybe we are a nice family, breed for speed haha!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Good luck guys!!! Wish I could be there to run too. Keep us posted on the results. I have a feeling my record goes down today too
Old 12-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Good luck guys!!! Wish I could be there to run too. Keep us posted on the results. I have a feeling my record goes down today too
+1
Old 12-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
2hrs of running and no updates? Good thing there are some good college football games on today lol
Old 12-05-2009, 09:22 PM

'07 Charger SRT8
Alan has a new personal best. I'll let him spill the beans.

The track was pretty slick early on and an '80s Corvette smacked the wall pretty good mid-track.

I got an 11.23@122.5MPH A new best for me but not as good as I was hoping. Seemed like by the time I figured out how to launch and the track had enough heat it was time to go home.

Nice to meet everyone and see such nice cars up close.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Did the SL55 trap higher at Sac than it did for its other recent runs elsewhere? If so, by how many MPH? How did the head-to-head battles go? Can't wait to hear how it went!
Old 12-05-2009, 09:48 PM

335i
I will bet some exciting stuff at the track today! Can't wait to hear the results!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Got the word... Congrats to Drew for his new personal best.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:16 PM

Alan has a new personal best. I'll let him spill the beans.

The track was pretty slick early on and an '80s Corvette smacked the wall pretty good mid-track.

I got an 11.23@122.5MPH A new best for me but not as good as I was hoping. Seemed like by the time I figured out how to launch and the track had enough heat it was time to go home.

Nice to meet everyone and see such nice cars up close.

Yea I felt bad for the vette guy, his family was at the staging area next to us when he wrecked. Glad to see he was ok and hopefully his car isn't too bad. That's why I will not run next to vettes they are tough to drive and easy to lose control.

I let Alan know about the video I took of your run and maybe he will post it on here when he gets time to upload the videos.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:32 PM

'07 Charger SRT8
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Yea I felt bad for the vette guy, his family was at the staging area next to us when he wrecked. Glad to see he was ok and hopefully his car isn't too bad. That's why I will not run next to vettes they are tough to drive and easy to lose control.

I let Alan know about the video I took of your run and maybe he will post it on here when he gets time to upload the videos.
Thanks for shooting it. I think I got an 11.27 on that run. I can't wait to hear on video what the car sounds like running with open headers.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:39 PM

Thanks for shooting it. I think I got an 11.27 on that run. I can't wait to hear on video what the car sounds like running with open headers.

It's loud trust me haha
Old 12-06-2009, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Alan has a new personal best.
No beans will be spilled here...lol. My car ran good today but it's no match for some of the beast out there. Maybe one day I'll have a fast car like all the critics... .

Wow, what a great bunch of guys today. This event was spectacular and thanks to all for showing, especially the one that drove up from the South. It was great seeing everyone again and getting to finally put some faces to the names.

I must say all heads were on us for the good portion of the day and everyone couldn't believe how fast we were. Sal's car is a serious head turner and I give him all the props in the world for building such a incredible beast . Next time for sure Sal

Many records were broken by other cars and the track was very fast today. Overall this is one of the best conditions I ran in to date, everything was in our favor . I'll let the people chime in and tell their own story.

I could only and say everyone has a beast.

It's also glad to find out that Sacramento is a NHRA sanctioned track with major events. Just thought I would share that with all of the guys that showed up today.

Last edited by bassn_07; 12-06-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
grats on your new PB alan!
i never doubted what you and your car could do!
it is still the king of the beasts!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jikjak
grats on your new PB alan!
i never doubted what you and your car could do!
it is still the king of the beasts!
Nah, no pb's for me today but still a good day. I'm just glad we all had a blast and that's what makes it worth while...right. Hopefully I'll finally put a face to your name Terence. Let's make it happen next year...for sure.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:50 AM

335i
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Nah, no pb's for me today but still a good day. I'm just glad we all had a blast and that's what makes it worth while...right. Hopefully I'll finally put a face to your name Terence. Let's make it happen next year...for sure.
So how were the trap comparisons between Famoso/Sacramento?
In the next month or so I definitely want to make the drive up there again. I think Drew trapped about 4mph faster up there than Famoso!
Old 12-06-2009, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
i agree! having fun is whats most important here!

i hope im able to make it down there next year as well. it would be nice to meet you and some of the other board members!
hopefully ill be lucky enough to achieve a new PB, or maybe one of you experts will be able to drive my car with a faster time.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I spoke w/Sal, said traction wasn't to be had for him. So what about your rig Alan, are you just going to play the quiet routine? Spill it man
Old 12-06-2009, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by hotrod182
So how were the trap comparisons between Famoso/Sacramento?
In the next month or so I definitely want to make the drive up there again. I think Drew trapped about 4mph faster up there than Famoso!
Not sure what Drew trapped at Famoso but he did good today. We had some really great weather with a small tailwind to boot. He did use his vbox and it was within .5-1. mph of his traps...I think. Maybe Drew will chime in and let us know, we were all busy at times waiting for the ideal time to run.

As for the trap comparison between the cars, Sacramento was definitely higher but conditions were also in our favor. We had perfect weather and later in the day the track started hooking well. I'll let the people who ran in both tracks give their opinion because I haven't ran my car the way it sits on both.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
I spoke w/Sal, said traction wasn't to be had for him. So what about your rig Alan, are you just going to play the quiet routine? Spill it man
It was nothing special and not worth writing about. I will be at Famoso in January and I'll have a better comparison but until then it was a fun day. Sorry but like I stated before I posted my last time slip the last time, same mistake doesn't happen twice.....

Yeah, Sal had some traction issues which hopefully will get worked out. Either way it was a great time and we'll meet up again at Famoso....I'm coming for ya Sal!!!!

Last edited by bassn_07; 12-06-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:48 AM

335i
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Not sure what Drew trapped at Famoso but he did good today. We had some really great weather with a small tailwind to boot. He did use his vbox and it was within .5-1. mph of his traps...I think. Maybe Drew will chime in and let us know, we were all busy at times waiting for the ideal time to run.

As for the trap comparison between the cars, Sacramento was definitely higher but conditions were also in our favor. We had perfect weather and later in the day the track started hooking well. I'll let the people who ran in both tracks give their opinion because I haven't ran my car the way it sits on both.
At Sacramento, my Vbox was within .60 mph. At Famoso within 1mph. Not a huge difference. But the nice DA at Sacramento is the main added bonus.

I think Drew was trapping high 115's at Famoso. My high was 118.8mph. The Modded C63s barely trapped 117mph I believe and didn't hit 11's. I managed to break into the 11's, but not as easily as I did in Sacramento. So today the temps were cooler, and the track is about 600ft lower elevation, and there was a slight tail wind. All those things make for some great conditions! I was going to drive up there this weekend, but then figured I would wait till I get my downpipes installed first. If I make that 800 mile drive, I want to at least beat my PB from last visit there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Southern invasion of Sacramento 12/05/09