W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 2 Eurocharged e55 11.514@122.90 with the esp on,124.9 mph traps with esp off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
^^^Excellent post. You forgot to mention that bassn trapped 123 MPH at Fontana - as good as many modded E55's trap in ideal conditions. It's amazing that he's 10 MPH higher at Sac in mostly ideal conditions, but the data is what it is... tested and verified.

Bassn - I hope none of my postings have influenced your decision to remain "hush-hush" about your significant track achievements; I thought the statistical data shared in the thread hhughes started was one of the more interesting discussions to be had on this topic in recent threads. Best of luck the rest of the season - hope you improve on your own records.
Thank you for the post!

My decision was based on the fact that I hate justifying my accomplishments to everyone. I just love to run and that's all I want.

BTW...PB was already improved by a long shot.... Best of luck to you to .
Old 12-07-2009, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
Bassn your car is slow!...however, if you feel like trading cars I'm willing to swap you. And you can't fish! Bc your ability to fish is something I know so much about. You should see my 1000s of posts on bass fishing forums!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 99DirtybirdWS6
Bassn your car is slow!...however, if you feel like trading cars I'm willing to swap you. And you can't fish! Bc your ability to fish is something I know so much about. You should see my 1000s of posts on bass fishing forums!
My car is hella slow and too quiet....hmmm, just like bass fishing LOL. Do you seriously bass fish??? Texas has some really nice lakes along with some excellent sticks that's well known through out the bass community. I haven't fished a tournament in over 2 years now .
Old 12-08-2009, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by bassn_07
My car is hella slow and too quiet....hmmm, just like bass fishing LOL. Do you seriously bass fish??? Texas has some really nice lakes along with some excellent sticks that's well known through out the bass community. I haven't fished a tournament in over 2 years now .
Bass Pro Shop in Manteca, CA, Hella nice!!! Enough said!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by regor60
I just surveyed all of the Motor Trend reviews of the E55 and found none that support the above. Can you supply the article ?
Old 12-08-2009, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
funny the op did not change the thread title although he never trapped 124,

He did manage to edit his admission that his car did not trap 119.50 in Alabama high humidity and 95 degrees stock.

He also did not run the time he claimed at the beginning of the thread.

If any of you E55 drivers have trapped 119 and above in 95 degrees please chime in
this has to be a 100% stock OEM run with OEM spec tires.

Broke 1 I am sorry but you have provided no proof of your 96 mph 1/8th mile run stock nor your 119 run in 95 degrees.

I take the times you guys run seriously, I expect there would be a degree of honor, a code. If everyone is dishonest we have failed here.

broke 1 you never mentioned your 119 trap when in fact it was the fastest a stock E55 had ever trapped. On top of this you claim you did in highly adverse atmosphere.

Now you have video evidence of the same car you owned in 2005 trapping 122.90 on a super cold day. Do the math Drew,

119.50 in 95 degrees
122.90 in 45 degrees

Makes no sense at all, you would have picked up at least this much just because the variance in temp. Yet your car is now modded this should also have made an increase in your trap since yoiu obviously added alot of rwhp based on your very own dyno video.

So a 50 degree drop, a tune, a pulley a he, a pump, drag radials all this and you picked up a whopping 3.4 mph, please address this
Old 12-08-2009, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by juicee63
proof of your 96 mph 1/8th mile run
96mph in the 1/8 even if I was in -1200 DA I don't think I could reach 96mph. Although I did reach 94.02 hmmm looks like I have another goal!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:06 PM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts
E550
I would also like to add that if you launch these cars correctly, the ESP wll have no affect on 60ft times or ET. I get my best 60fts (high 1.6xs) with the ESP on or off it makes no difference. Im sure other veteran drivers will agree....FYI my best run to date in my sig was with the ESP on.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Juice1979
I would also like to add that if you launch these cars correctly, the ESP wll have no affect on 60ft times or ET. I get my best 60fts (high 1.6xs) with the ESP on or off it makes no difference. Im sure other veteran drivers will agree....FYI my best run to date in my sig was with the ESP on.
I've never even tried to alunch with ESP on but I'm assuming it wouldn't do anything because I get no wheel spin
Old 12-08-2009, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Juice1979
+1

I just beat my own PB by quite a bit with ESP on. Wheel slip is wheel slip no matter if ESP is off, on, or in dyno mode, the run will be compromised.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Sometimes, it may have to be left up to conditions..... if the track is a little slippery, leave it on...... if the track is super sticky, I would take it off and try a more aggressive launch
Old 12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
+1

I just beat my own PB by quite a bit with ESP on. Wheel slip is wheel slip no matter if ESP is off, on, or in dyno mode, the run will be compromised.
We need to work on this, I have to get my 60' down to 1.63-1.65 as of right now I am at 1.72 just think what my et will be if I can get it down to 1.63 give me a call when you get a chance.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
cant wait till next season,Ill have 180,H/E,82tb and drs

But no one at my track can come close to some of your tracks speeds,The best I did stock was 114 and averaged 112-113 only did 114 once with about 20 passes,first pass with mods I ran 117.

i have a feeling my car would trap higher on the west coast,we tracked like 5 e55s at mine and we were all within .3-.5 mph off from each other.

full k3 or k4 car trapped like 118 that day.We just have a slow track or the speedos on some of these tracks are way off.

my buddy with his modded 335 was saying the same thing,he coulnd come close to what some west coast guys were trapping with his mods.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by skratch77
cant wait till next season,Ill have 180,H/E,82tb and drs

But no one at my track can come close to some of your tracks speeds,The best I did stock was 114 and averaged 112-113 only did 114 once with about 20 passes,first pass with mods I ran 117.

i have a feeling my car would trap higher on the west coast,we tracked like 5 e55s at mine and we were all within .3-.5 mph off from each other.

full k3 or k4 car trapped like 118 that day.We just have a slow track or the speedos on some of these tracks are way off.

my buddy with his modded 335 was saying the same thing,he coulnd come close to what some west coast guys were trapping with his mods.
What track do you run at? By nature Sacramento is a very fast track due to cold temps, almost always a tail wind, and it sits at sea level. If you're running at a track at a higher altitude your et's would be higher and your traps less. If you're drag racing et's should be the almost important number, it is to me.

Some guys thought the same thing coming to Sac and found how slippery the track could be. We had a few cars lose control with one vette hitting the wall 3 times during his run . I would much rather take a well prepped track like MIR and run lower et's and sacrificing trap speeds. It's funny that you say this because us west coast guys think we would run quicker back east....

In the end it's so easy to say I'll run faster here or there but we all run at a track that's most convenient to us.

One other word of advice, if you would like to get as low as you can get I would suggest not making 20 passes in a day. This past Saturday I could have made 30 passes if I wanted but opted to make 3 and like always walked away with another pb.

Last edited by bassn_07; 12-08-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
What track do you run at? By nature Sacramento is a very fast track due to cold temps, almost always a tail wind, and it sits at sea level. If you're running at a track at a higher altitude your et's would be higher and your traps less. If you're drag racing et's should be the almost important number, it is to me.

Some guys thought the same thing coming to Sac and found how slippery the track could be. We had a few cars lose control with one vette hitting the wall 3 times during his run . I would much rather take a well prepped track like MIR and run lower et's and sacrificing trap speeds. It's funny that you say this because us west coast guys think we would run quicker back east....

In the end it's so easy to say I'll run faster here or there but we all run at a track that's most convenient to us.
Hey Alan can you imagine what will be said when I go 11.6x@120+ with stock power and only dr's?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Hey Alan can you imagine what will be said when I go 11.6x@120+ with stock power and only dr's?
I tought all your passes were on race gas,I think you posted that you would drive around a few days before to let the ecu adapt to it.

you also ran that time at a track where another member trapped like 5-6 mph higher than he did at another track and ran the same 1/4 time

you have a fast car no doubt,but at my track you wont break 118 stock,heck i cant do that making 570ftbs and 470whp

There are a few tricks we can do to a stock car to pick up some power,you can use the star computer to lean it out and run around 96 oct(where the stock ecu maxes)to pick up a few ponies,so if you are running a race mix,you should add that to your sig,since its not stock powered since its obivioulsy making more power if your trapping 5-6 mph more than every other e55 in the country.

I would love to see a dyno of your beast sometime.

Last edited by skratch77; 12-08-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I tought all your passes were on race gas,I think you posted that you would drive around a few days before to let the ecu adapt to it.

you also ran that time at a track where another member trapped like 5-6 mph higher than he did at another track and ran the same 1/4 time

you have a fast car no doubt,but at my track you wont break 118 stock,heck i cant do that making 570ftbs and 470whp
What track do you run at? You may also want to get the facts straight before posting. The car you speak of is mine and it wasn't the same car at two different tracks. Urnext ran a 10.898 @ 128 at Famoso and I ran a 10.871 @ 133 at Sacramento. Urnext came to Sac this weekend and ran a 129.xx with much better conditions than Famoso during his run. He did have some suspension issues that kept him from launching properly and getting a clean run off but still. I'm sure Urnext would have ran faster with a clean run but he got to witness first hand what we need to deal with. That experience alone will keep him from making that journey again (7 hours). Make no mistake, Sacramento is a fast track and they are open all winter long. Bar none conditions and elevation alone make this track the fastest on the West coast.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
I run at new england drags,i was going from memory but the slips looked almost identical and the only difference was the trap.

Im not trying to stur up anything,just went from memory that the slips were close and there was a huge difference in trap speeds.

I just want to know if his runs were on race gas,like I said there is alot that can be done with a star computer,you can even raise the torque% in the gears and lean it out a bit and that will make a huge difference.

we have jet and funny cars running 5-6 second passes at our track so im sure everything is calibrated right,same goes for your track it COULD be off too.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
I run at new england drags,i was going from memory but the slips looked almost identical and the only difference was the trap.

Im not trying to stur up anything,just went from memory that the slips were close and there was a huge difference in trap speeds.

I just want to know if his runs were on race gas,like I said there is alot that can be done with a star computer,you can even raise the torque% in the gears and lean it out a bit and that will make a huge difference.

we have jet and funny cars running 5-6 second passes at our track so im sure everything is calibrated right,same goes for your track it COULD be off too.

Totally valid points but the point in his claims to it being stock is the fact that there are no mods done to it. I can't speak for him in saying whether he did anything you say, but clearly if you want to be technical yes he's not stock since he has DR's on it and the wheels up front are not stock. I'm not sure running race gas though would take away from being stock since the car has the ability to adjust to 95 or 96 octane. Running 93 or 91 isn't any different then race gas. Now tunning for 100 octane would be a different story.

As far as Sac, Alan and I both agree the track is fast but keep in mind NHRA calibrate the recording systems, if they are off they are within specs like any other NHRA track. I'd be curious to know what ranges their equipment operate in since everything has a slight variance. Hell Police radars have a 3mph range. I will say I ran with a vbox and it was pretty close to my time slip, it wasn't more then 2mph difference, not 5-6 or more like some claim. I'd like to think it's safe to assume that if both are within 2mph that they are operating correctly, I'll take the track equipment over GPS, I worked on GPS in the military and I know the errors in it for civilians.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
I have no problems with drs,wheels,tires ect...But iv seen it first hand that an apadted ecu on race gas will lean out the a/f and make more power.

If he is witch I think he is becasue he mentioned it in some race gas threads saying how do you think I got the fastest trap ect(again im going from memory)I dont care,just disclose it.his sig states fastest stock powered,if your on race gas its not stock power anymore bro.

Its like me racing my friends evo

Hey wana run,ya,you on pump,No race,me nevermind lol pump were close,race he kills me everytime and he dosnt change his tune

Last edited by skratch77; 12-08-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

Here's a car from last month making qualifying runs with NHRA official there. I guess this would also mean Sac is calibrated correctly...right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIGs0tpav-M
Old 12-08-2009, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Here's a car from last month making qualifying runs with NHRA official there. I guess this would also mean Sac is calibrated correctly...right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIGs0tpav-M
That things sick,I dont know sac is just a wicked fast track,I wonder what this car would do at sac

300mph trap at newengland drags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5vtEkZFxFc
Old 12-08-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I have no problems with drs,wheels,tires ect...But iv seen it first hand that an apadted ecu on race gas will lean out the a/f and make more power.

If he is witch I think he is becasue he mentioned it in some race gas threads saying how do you think I got the fastest trap ect(again im going from memory)I dont care,just disclose it.his sig states fastest stock powered,if your on race gas its not stock power anymore bro.

Its like me racing my friends evo

Hey wana run,ya,you on pump,No race,me nevermind lol pump were close,race he kills me everytime and he dosnt change his tune
I have a tuned ECU for 91 and the most I get out of running race gas is 2.5 degrees. It wouldn't matter if I used 95, 100, or 104 it would cap off at 2.5 degree.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
I have a tuned ECU for 91 and the most I get out of running race gas is 2.5 degrees. It wouldn't matter if I used 95, 100, or 104 it would cap off at 2.5 degree.
How bout the a/f have you dyno'd on race to see if it leans it out?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
That things sick,I dont know sac is just a wicked fast track,I wonder what this car would do at sac

300mph trap at newengland drags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5vtEkZFxFc
Yeah, Sac is wicked fast and I'm just glad to have a faster track than a slower one. That thing trapped 5.6 @ 300 mph and the car at Sac ran 5.8 @ 248, is .2 worth 50 mph between tracks? I'm seriously asking because I'm new to the sport and I wonder if it's possible. I guess it would be depending on the short time . My point is that I can't tell you what my car would do on your track and yours on mine, unless of course we ran on both.

The fact is....we run where we can and provide time slips from these runs. Could Sac be inaccurate....NHRA says it's within spec . Either way it's the only track that has TnT all year around and open on Saturdays.

Have you ran at different tracks to see how your car performs? I've ran on several here in California but only two of them are with my current mods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stage 2 Eurocharged e55 11.514@122.90 with the esp on,124.9 mph traps with esp off