Sponsored by:

10.66 Vid with 1.51 60'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
whoa Ahmad you made that look effortless...like anybody can do it...like Sunday drivin! bravo...
Old 12-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Has anyone else noticed that you can only have 20 smilies in a post even if they are in other peoples quotes? Gotta delete some lol
Originally Posted by jikjak
sweet run!!!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
It's amazing how quickly your car gets to 3rd gear. Such a silky smooth launch as well. I'm mostly impressed with the weight transfer and steadiness of your car. That detail doesn't happen overnight, and that's a textbook run in any class. Awesome driving and making that look easy.
To be honest I think it short shifted first gear but I dont remember if it was this pass or the one before it. Wish I had both on vid so I could hear the difference. Guess I could go back and compare to other vids. Thanks, you're the expert when it comes to drag racing so your comments mean alot to me.
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Unbelievable launch Ahmad...... as perfect as you can get, and even more impressive, the smooth weight transfer

EDIT: cruzinquick beat me to it
Thank you. Hopefully the weather holds out for us sunday so I can try to get into the 1.4x 60's
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Damn.....Your launch is fricken incredible!!!! It's amazing when I watch videos from both of our cars, they're so very different but yet close. You should be very proud of your accomplishments and what you bring to MBW, thank you for sharing Ahmad !!!!!!!!
Yea they perform completely different yet end up very close at the 1/4 lol. Thanks Alan, I know you will hold the record soon. And I will be happy to see you do it.
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
You should make an instuctional video and title it "Launch Time"
Lol, I like Hammer Time better.
Originally Posted by moparrbust
That was the smoothest most elegant 10.6x I've ever seen............great job.
Thanks! Havin an auto definitely helps BIG time. Just wish it made more power lol. The first 1/8th feels great and after that it feels slow. How boring haha
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
Awesome times!! Congrats bro!!
Thanks!!!
Originally Posted by 007Benz
Amazingly sweet! Thanks for posting...
Thanks, no problem. Glad you all like it. I wish I also had one from a different angle so I could see some tire wrinkle but this vid is good too.
Originally Posted by mugatu22
That was siiiiick! Congrats. Perfect launch, amazing car control.

Cheers!
Thank you! I think I finally got the car dialed in on the launch
Originally Posted by juicee63
no tire squeel, great launch.

Ahmad , you did it man, this is a ridiculously quick run. I think I figured out the trap speed issue. It sounds like your car is stuck in 3rd gear and shifts out right at the end of the track vs staying in it. Second gear sounded short, 3rd gear was long but not long enough.

ET is what matters most to me so if I owned this car I would not mind much at all the 125 mph trap on a 10.66. Great video, just great. , straight crushed that run.
Thanks Josh. Thats true about 3rd gear. I have considerd raising the rev limiter a few hundred rpm to get me through the traps in 3rd. That would cut even more time and also put me higher up in the power band on shifts

Yes ET matters the most to me too but if there is something wrong with the car or it can be faster I would like to know and fix things. I think the backhalf can be improved upon. I should log some passes and see whats going on.
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
What more is there to say? Very well deserving my friend!
Thanks Sun. You are very modest, I know your car is a monster!
Originally Posted by ABALONE
Great run!! Got to love these 5,4L S/C V8's

Do you have stock transmission and whats the final ratio?
Thanks, yea I love it!!! It would be even more fun if it was turbocharged lol.

It is not a stock transmission, I had it built and it has a higher stall torque converter. In terms of gearing everything is stock and the rear end is 2.82 (stock with a quaife LSD)
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
GREAT job Ahmad

THAT IS how to launch a MB

can't wait to see your car in action LIVE
Thanks! Keep your fingers crossed for no precip! I like this tire setup so far
Originally Posted by 930chas
Incredible launch and such a smooth run!! Great work, Ahmad!
Thanks! Can't wait to see the real monster HPF M3!!
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Very Smooth! Thanks for the video for us all to droooool over..
Thanks, no prob.
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Just like driving to the grocery store. No drama, ***** in your throat run.

Congrats again. See you Sunday. That is, if it ever stops effing snowing here.
Haha, it feels so boring after the launch. I just want to launch over and over again hahaha.

Thanks. I hope we get good weather
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Big Congrats Bro! Wow now that is what I call smooth.
Thanks!!!
Originally Posted by prodigymb
nice launch !! still on the 16" M/Ts drag radials?

any launch tips for them - especially when it's cold outside (<40 degrees)
I still have that setup at home but on this day I ran 16" ET Streets. For the MT Radials I would recommend around 18PSI and go lower if you spin. Definitely get in a good burnout to heat em up and get em real sticky.
Originally Posted by Mrbig
insane, car really hauls down the track !!!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by URnext
I cant stop watching this video over, over, over, over, and over again
Hahahhaa. I gotta admit I've watched it a few times trying to see where I can improve.
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
That is a blistering fast time

In fact Ahmad is inspiring. It makes me want to keep at it with modding my car.

Ahmad is all of this on the stock clk55 block? As soon as these holidays pass its back to the drawing board for me.

I think the whole forum owes a debt of gratitude to Ahmad. He is one of those guys out there helping to keep the competitive edge alive for us racers. It's people like this who see their Mercedes as more than an aid to pick up chicks. Not only that, but saying the status quo is not good enough. Having the mind set and saying "if the parts i want are not available, I will make them myself" has paid off. I think people need to see this for what it is. A great feet and 1/4 mile stone for Mercedes performance. Well done Ahmad
Damn, best compliment I have ever received! Thank you very much!!!

This is all stock bottom end, only thng different in the engine is the PTE cams. So yea, stock block. If I had the money for internals, I would turn up the boost and don't see low 10s on boost as a problem.

Nobody owes me anything, I do it for fun and I love helping other enthusiasts out. There were pioneers before me that helped me out greatly. I have so many people to thank, I wouldn't know where to begin. One guy that I wish was still posting is Ted Baldwin. Nice guy with a ton of experience on these cars. I have so many questions for him but I dont think he checks this board anymore. I'm sure he is still haulin ***!
Originally Posted by camdon
Absolutely insane Ahmad
Thanks, cant wait to see your SL65 tearing it up!!!
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
That was a beautiful run.
Awesome display of discipline and control.
Thanks Alex
Originally Posted by jtc55
much props to u for all ur hard work
Thank you!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
hey Ahmad. when are you gonna get a fast car? i mean come on.

haha.....sick run man. congratulations on the record. your car looks and sounds great and i'm sure you're more than ecstatic to be the record-holder. keep up the good work!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Esh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
"Record baby, that's what I'm talkin' about."
Old 12-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Esh
Thats good stuff
Old 12-10-2009, 02:49 AM

2003 E55 AMG
that wheel and tire package must have some world record magic
Old 12-10-2009, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by nitrous_nate

+1, no drama, no spinning. Spinnin ain't winnin as they say. Brutal run, just brutal Ahmad. We'll see you in Chicago again in the spring!!!! You gotta give me some pointers on the C55 Kleemann!!

Glenn
Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
wow, great run, congrats!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by jturkel
hey Ahmad. when are you gonna get a fast car? i mean come on.

haha.....sick run man. congratulations on the record. your car looks and sounds great and i'm sure you're more than ecstatic to be the record-holder. keep up the good work!
Haha, I do want a faster car!

Thanks. Yea I was really happy when I saw my timeslip. I'm sure the record wont be mine for long. Too many faster cars out there. Alan and Sal are hot on my tail!!!
Originally Posted by Esh

Thats good stuff
Haha yea
Originally Posted by nitrous_nate
It sure does! Thanks Nate!!!
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
+1, no drama, no spinning. Spinnin ain't winnin as they say. Brutal run, just brutal Ahmad. We'll see you in Chicago again in the spring!!!! You gotta give me some pointers on the C55 Kleemann!!

Glenn
Thanks Glenn. I dunno if I'm gonna make that drive to Chicago again. It was pretty far and having a tire blow out on the way home doesn't make things easier. Maybe if I come for like a week or something or just fly in. Yea, I can help you with your Kleemann C55
Originally Posted by Fikse
wow, great run, congrats!
Thanks!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Ahmad, How much has your transmission helped you? Mine was working good for a while, but I've since beat the bag out of it.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Congrats Ahmad

Nice representing the W208 guys
Old 12-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Ahmad, How much has your transmission helped you? Mine was working good for a while, but I've since beat the bag out of it.
I dont think it has helped me much in terms of ET except for the fact that it no longer slips and bounce off the limiter on the 2-3 shift. I dont see it giving much more than a tenth (if that).
Originally Posted by CLK FAN
Congrats Ahmad

Nice representing the W208 guys
Thanks!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:11 AM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Ahmad

congrats on a superb result - havent been on the board in a long time so a real treat to see this on my return. Raced Sebring with Derek Whitis two weeks ago. Sure he will be stoked to see what you have achieved without spray. Back when Derek was setting records in his E55, none of us would have beleived it would be possible to do it on motor. How times have changed!!! To the preseverers come the spoils!

FRIGGIN AWESOME DUDE!!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Meth OK?

Would Meth count as spray? I plan on runing with it but will refrain from using it if it would be considered cheating and therefore unofficial.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:26 PM

3L B5 S4 turbo
A few questions Ahmed.

1.What fuel?
2. Have you ran the spray in the street or stip?
3.ever think of having some of the shops that port cobra blowers work over yours
4. What boost level psi?
5. what does this thing weight?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Banned

BMW
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Would Meth count as spray? I plan on runing with it but will refrain from using it if it would be considered cheating and therefore unofficial.
Huh?

Why would it be cheating? The car runs what it runs, regardless of what someone thinks is fair or not fair. Don't see how Meth or nitrous would make a run "unofficial" this is not some sanctioned NHRA league here.

Meth is not considered a power adder, and no, it would not count as spraying nitrous.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by siswati
Ahmad

congrats on a superb result - havent been on the board in a long time so a real treat to see this on my return. Raced Sebring with Derek Whitis two weeks ago. Sure he will be stoked to see what you have achieved without spray. Back when Derek was setting records in his E55, none of us would have beleived it would be possible to do it on motor. How times have changed!!! To the preseverers come the spoils!

FRIGGIN AWESOME DUDE!!!!
Thanks!!! I remember first reading about Dereks 10s pass and doing one of these Had someone told me my car would go tens back then I would Thanks

Originally Posted by 600whp S4
A few questions Ahmed.

1.What fuel?
2. Have you ran the spray in the street or stip?
3.ever think of having some of the shops that port cobra blowers work over yours
4. What boost level psi?
5. what does this thing weight?
1. 93 octane
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. 9PSI
5. Almost 3500lbs with me in it
Old 12-20-2009, 01:43 AM

3L B5 S4 turbo
Wow that car is amazing 9psi and 3500lbs i cannot begin to WOW that is all. Beast car you got! will it run 9s with spray? how about some rods and pistons and 18psi?
Old 12-20-2009, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Wow that car is amazing 9psi and 3500lbs i cannot begin to WOW that is all. Beast car you got! will it run 9s with spray? how about some rods and pistons and 18psi?
Not as easy as I thought to run that much boost. 12psi is already causing MAF problems. 18psi will be a major challenge to tune.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Thanks Depends on how much spray but possibly. Won't know until the car does it. I am giving heavy consideration on doing rods and pistons and upping the boost. I'm sure a 3L S4 isn't exactly slow. I've worked on a few S4's too
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Not as easy as I thought to run that much boost. 12psi is already causing MAF problems. 18psi will be a major challenge to tune.
No offense but I think your car is in the wrong hands. It shouldn't be too hard to get your MAF problem figured out. Good luck
Old 12-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Banned

SL55 AMG & BMW F10
Damnn, great numbers!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:07 AM

3L B5 S4 turbo
yeah its not slow but i cannot get a good et out of it! Traps like a beast mid to upper 130s on 24psi
Old 12-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by MPRESIV
Damnn, great numbers!
Thanks
yeah its not slow but i cannot get a good et out of it! Traps like a beast mid to upper 130s on 24psi
Yea I have a bunch of friends with S4's and actually owned one myself before. I think the quickest GT S4 is Guruman with a 10.4 or 10.5 and he has a tonnnnn of money in it. I like the B5 S4's, I just hate working on them lol. I like the VR6T swaps more than the 2.7TT. Alot cheaper to make power and they can make a ton!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:28 AM

3L B5 S4 turbo
yeah true but my car is the first single turbo on the road i have a prescion 6765 and i can make just as much power as a vr6 but its a ***** to work on