Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
It's like I have a shadow everywhere I go
i have so much time on my hands and nothing better to do then to follow you around and comment on your every post
Old 12-09-2009, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
i have so much time on my hands and nothing better to do then to follow you around and comment on your every post
Funny thing is I believe you man.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Funny thing is I believe you man.
self flattery is all you got now man? Its not that bad is it?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
self flattery is all you got now man? Its not that bad is it?
I won't take down a respected members thread with your childish acts, if you have a problem commenting on my every post so be it, but I suggest you take it to PM homie. Peace.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
I won't take down a respected members thread with your childish acts, if you have a problem commenting on my every post so be it, but I suggest you take it to PM homie. Peace.
LOL are you serious Jody? Im childish? Do you really want to go that route with me? Im not sure where this is coming from but Im just playing with you as ususal. I know your skin is thin, cellophane like, but If I have any problem with you whatsoever, rest assured I have your phone number and home address, I dont need to resort to a message forum, I will pick up the phone and discuss it with you face to face.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
LOL are you serious Jody? Im childish? Do you really want to go that route with me? Im not sure where this is coming from but Im just playing with you as ususal. I know your skin is thin, cellophane like, but If I have any problem with you whatsoever, rest assured I have your phone number and home address, I dont need to resort to a message forum, I will pick up the phone and discuss it with you face to face.
Glad you got that out of your chest, u have the same skin as me. I am getting a chuckle as well. Remember internet messages have no tones.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by juicee63
Alan my advice to you is to go with a bias ply rear.

I am certain you would run 10.50's and claim the record for Worlds quickest to add to the fastest title.

You want four tires with similar rolling diameters and resistance. The bia ply will launch you harder , imo. Althogh it is hard to improve from here as you have squeezed so much out of her.

The tires could be hooking better, we need you down to 1.47 :-) 1.50, 1.51. Although I think you likely hit 1.55-1.58 on your 10.77.

When you sixty in the 1.4x you will run 10.5 , trap likely comes down to 131-133.

a high 1.4 gets yo a 10.57
Bias ply tires will be on hold for now. I only ran a total of 3 times with my hoosiers and I need to get a better feel for them. I could almost guarantee quicker times will come once I figure these tires out. They feel so much more different than my MT street radial.

Sounds great man. I wish I could see you guys run but SAC is a bit far for me. In terms of my car, I am working on something, hopefully will be here for spring time. But just enyoing her as a stocker for now.
Just a little far . Good luck with your build and if you ever have any question shoot me a pm. I'm no expert but I played around with different mods and have a pretty good idea what works for my car.

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Friggin MONSTER!!!! I'm glad you posted Alan, thanks. You're a true enthusiast and I hope you get that record!
Thanks Ahmad! I'm also glad I posted and so far it's been a easy ride . RECORD....that would mean coming after you and that's something I won't even attempt .

Originally Posted by Luke_M
Awesome times Alan! I'm glad you decide to post this. We all benefit from it. LOL I have an 1/8th mile right behind my house and you would break some hearts of these good ole boys here with a 6.9!

I have to ask the board. Is it best to get the ET Drag Radials vs the Street Radials? Seems like it would be the way to go. Why not just go with bias ply from the start if it's the better tire? I don't quite understand as I'm new to all this tire business
Thanks Luke! As well all know our cars get a lot of respect after the run, even from the old timers .

I was told never to mix bias ply and radials together but I did. I spoke with Hoosier, MT, and M and H and they approved the idea of mixing bias ply fronts with radial rears, of course this is something they would never admit to on record .

feb right? Sick times alan, congrats!!!
Thanks Jay that means a lot coming from you!!!

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
after I go to the Alan & Mike school of launching I want a rematch before you add the other mods. I know that you will win anyway but for those of you who missed our race you can definitely tell at what point that Mike's stage 2 hp kicked in and drove right by me.
Just do the what I told ya and I'm sure you'll get into the high 1.6's. I did the same exact launch dragging Mike's car for the first time and pulled a healthy ET.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Alan, I'm glad you finally posted your results..... you deserve to enjoy this victory and let the haters hate and be miserable trying to figure out how you were able to hide the NOS bottles from everyone else

Also, I have just a small correction about what you said..... you actually did run a personal best in my car
Old 12-10-2009, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Alan, I'm glad you finally posted your results..... you deserve to enjoy this victory and let the haters hate and be miserable trying to figure out how you were able to hide the NOS bottles from everyone else

Also, I have just a small correction about what you said..... you actually did run a personal best in my car
Thanks Mo but you weren't supposed to say anything about the hidden nitrous bottle. I thought we discussed that already and the $5 I gave you should have covered it. Damnn....$5 down the drain, that would have been good for 2/3 of a gallon of race fuel .

Haha...yeah, I ran my own personal best in your car. I would have a hard time believing that I ran your cars PB given Sacramento's track condition. Have you been practicing my launch technique I showed you? I know it sounds funny but I promise you it works. It's the same method I used in my car when I used to run street tires. This method really works and as long as you can keep that same tempo...just like a golf swing. Many can do it practicing but when it comes time to hit the ball everything speeds up.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Are we ever going to see a East vs. West Showdown?

Don't know if that SL55 will ever run you Alan but since you and Ahmad have to two best runs short of that S600. I would love to see which one of you will break that record first.

Alan, time to yank out the seats. Ahmad, time to put that smaller pulley on.

Best trap vs. Best ET.

Last edited by AMGSC; 12-10-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Don't know if that SL55 will ever run you Alan but since you and Ahmad have to two best runs short of that S600. I would love to see which one of you will break that record first.

Alan, time to yank out the seats. Ahmad, time to put that smaller pulley on.

Best trap vs. Best ET.
There's no doubt Ahmad and I would love to run each other but that's a race I can't win in a 1/4 mile. His car is a fricken beast and his driving skills are on a level well beyond mine.

Oh, that SL55 will run me I promise you that. Sal's car is very quick as everyone witness at the last event. I'll say this now, when we race it will be very close and the better driver will determine the race that day. I look forward to racing Sal....win or lose.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Guys....Sacramento's DA yesterday from 12-4 averaged -1300 !!!! I could only imagine what are cars would be doing if traction was an issue. Crazy....
Old 12-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Guys....Sacramento's DA yesterday from 12-4 averaged -1300 !!!! I could only imagine what are cars would be doing if traction was an issue. Crazy....
That settles it.... I'm heading back up for a test N tune.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:09 PM

'07 Charger SRT8
I know on the east coast at ATCO they had -1500 DA at their test-n-tune. Glad we can get some similar DA.

I'm planning on going back on Saturday Jan 2nd (weather permitting) for a test-n-tune after their New Years Day event. I'm hoping track prep will be good because of the event the day before.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Are we ever going to see a East vs. West Showdown?
yes, stay tuned
Old 12-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Awesome job once again Alan!

I think I am starting to sound like a broken record!!!

Congrats,congrats,congrats,congrats,congrats...... .
Old 12-10-2009, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Banme
That settles it.... I'm heading back up for a test N tune.
Do it Joseph! I'm done for the remaining portion of the year and will most likely run next at Famoso....depending on the date.

Originally Posted by budoboy
I know on the east coast at ATCO they had -1500 DA at their test-n-tune. Glad we can get some similar DA.

I'm planning on going back on Saturday Jan 2nd (weather permitting) for a test-n-tune after their New Years Day event. I'm hoping track prep will be good because of the event the day before.
Jeff, do you plan on making Famoso's track event? I was thinking that we could get a few guys and head up the night before. I would most likely pull my car behind my diesel motorhome and stay at Bakersfield RV resort. You would be more than welcomed to stay with us, it's plenty big enough. You and Mike chould share the small bed.... Just kidding, my motorhome has 4 sets of beds and will sleep 8 comfortably.

yes, stay tuned
Battle between East and West??? Hasn't this been going on for a while now...! You guys are just too fast and us West coast guys just limp along.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:46 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Do it Joseph! I'm done for the remaining portion of the year and will most likely run next at Famoso....depending on the date.

Jeff, do you plan on making Famoso's track event? I was thinking that we could get a few guys and head up the night before. I would most likely pull my car behind my diesel motorhome and stay at Bakersfield RV resort. You would be more than welcomed to stay with us, it's plenty big enough. You and Mike chould share the small bed.... Just kidding, my motorhome has 4 sets of beds and will sleep 8 comfortably.

Battle between East and West??? Hasn't this been going on for a while now...! You guys are just too fast and us West coast guys just limp along.
I'll be going as a spectator until I buy a new replacement car that can run.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:18 PM

'07 Charger SRT8
Thanks for the offer. Sounds pretty cool. I think if I leave my stock driver's seat in for the drive there and back it would be bearable. What are the particulars of the Famoso event? What date and hours?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Thanks for the offer. Sounds pretty cool. I think if I leave my stock driver's seat in for the drive there and back it would be bearable. What are the particulars of the Famoso event? What date and hours?
I've been trying to get hold of the owner for the last couple of days, but I think he's out of town for some kind of event. It will most likely be either Saturday 01/09/2010 or Saturday 01/23/2010. We will run like last time: from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm. As soon as I get a confirmation, I will post a thread here, and 8 other forums
Old 12-11-2009, 12:45 AM

'07 Charger SRT8
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I've been trying to get hold of the owner for the last couple of days, but I think he's out of town for some kind of event. It will most likely be either Saturday 01/09/2010 or Saturday 01/23/2010. We will run like last time: from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm. As soon as I get a confirmation, I will post a thread here, and 8 other forums
Awesome! I'd like to make it. In your guys experience how is Famoso in the winter. Does it hook better than Sac? How is the private rental track prep?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Awesome! I'd like to make it. In your guys experience how is Famoso in the winter. Does it hook better than Sac? How is the private rental track prep?
Honestly, I think Famoso is a bit more traction friendly, but it does have its days. In a private rental, things are overall better across the board. I think we'll see better ETs but we'll lose a little on trap speeds due to the 600 ft difference in elevation.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
As far as Sac goes for any hater I ran with the vbox, sadly it didn't record, Mo and I even looked into it but we were going off wrong assumptions and information. The box was never more then 2mph off from what the track said and .2 off the et. It actually was saying Sac's ET are slower and the MPH were faster, go figure. Either way it's NHRA controlled equipment and it's not off like people think. (not 5-8mph) Alans car climbs up top, it's a beast with the right combination of parts and one awesome tune done by Jeremy at PC.
Let me preface this by saying that I am not trying to stir things up about the track. I have a decent amount of experience with using the vbox at the track. I am more than curious about the data recorded by the vbox. Was there another thread that has the specific information...or ideally could someone send me the DBN file?

Tom
Old 12-16-2009, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Let me preface this by saying that I am not trying to stir things up about the track. I have a decent amount of experience with using the vbox at the track. I am more than curious about the data recorded by the vbox. Was there another thread that has the specific information...or ideally could someone send me the DBN file?

Tom
I believe Drew DLSJ5 has plenty of passes recorded with his Performance box. Drew also has plenty of experience with his performance box and he consistently had the mph .5-1 mph over the recorded Vbox. Out of curiosity, what kind of information are you looking for?

I didn't get any recording because when I race with a lighter weight battery I lose all my accessory outlets.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by TMC M5

Tom
Unfortunately, the vbox did NOT record the runs we wanted so we were unable to see or compare the results to what we got at the track. However, my car (stock E63) trapped very close to what Rob's car (stock E63) trapped on the east coast on a good cool day. Both our cars were stock and the numbers were very similar. I just don't buy the whole "it's 5 to 6 mph off" thing.... especially when it's an NHRA sanctioned track

Also, other members tried the vbox in their cars and saw almost identical traps to what the vbox stated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sacramento 12-5-2009 track results!