Sponsored by:

Sacramento 12-5-2009 track results!

Old 12-09-2009, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Sacramento 12-5-2009 track results!

Hey everyone,

I know that I mentioned that I wouldn't share my results anymore but I decided to quit being a drama queen about it and post. It seems that I get as much bs for not posting..... From here on out I'll continue to post my results and quit caring what everyone else thinks. There are so many members here that I respect and learned from and I would like to share my accomplishments with them. I'm also hoping that everyone there that day will also post their results and give their opinion on Sac.

This was by far the best day to date I've raced in and towards the end it was phenomenal. Me personally, I only race my car a few times because I always try getting the best times possible and hot lapping doesn't get it done. As most know heat comes along with hot lapping which equals less than desirable times.

This was the first day I tried my new front skinny's and I loved them. I purchase this set thinking the weight difference would be quite substantial over my existing 19" HRE Comp 20's...not. Initially my skinny's weighed in at 39-40 pounds, a savings of 3-4 pounds when compared to my street setup. I ended up running bias ply front runners which save an additional 7 pounds per tire. I also added the Hoosiers dot drag radial to the rear, thanks Sal...I loved them. My first launch scared the crap out of me and I let off just for a brief second but I was still able to run a 10.975. On my 2nd run I totally went for it 100% and ran a 10.822 beating my old pb of 10.871. Now for the third run....I went 10.776 with my best launch to date . As most of my racing buddies know my car really starts to pickup as the day goes but I never got a fourth run in. I'm almost positive I would have had quicker times with a few more runs.

I usually run my car once a hour and with a 4 hour TnT...well you could do the math. After my 3rd run I decided to give up and start helping others. Juicee and I decided to take my front skinny's off and try to get him into the 11's....offset didn't work . I also tried to run Mo's car to a PB but fell a little short. Mo, if that thing was just a bit cooler we would have had it.

All in all it was a great day and I had a blast just hanging out with fellow MB enthusiast. Drew, Sal, Mo, Josh, Jason, Mike, Jack, Jeff, Andrew, Tre, Joseph, and everyone else who showed. This was the day to break records if traction was to be had. It seems like a few of the high hp cars had trouble off the line but that's Sacramento. Sal also made it down but after that long haul he had a few troubles so our race never happened.

Please everyone post your times and results. I have acted poorly about not wanting to share my times with others here on MBW and I apologize. Rick's post said it all..."who cares", what I have accomplished in such a short time is amazing. My car has continued to surprise me with each outing and as the DA drops it will only get faster. The DA on average for that day was probably around -200 or so. Sac will give us -1000 or higher and on that day I will go faster and quicker....I promise. My goal before the end of winter will be 10
.65 which I believe is doable. Hopefully my next time out I'll have my 100 octane tune and a few weight saving mods...this should put me in the 10.6's easily but time will tell.

In the end Sacramento is a NHRA Sanctioned track and all times slips are valid and real. Sac has great air quality, low DA during winter, tail wind, and sits at sea level. We had a few guys use the performance box and it read anywhere from .5-2.0 lower MPH traps and with higher ET's.

Here are the three slips from my runs with videos from the 2nd and 3rd. As you could see which each run my car gets stronger and stronger. I believe this is the 100 octane kicking in and getting rid of that CA crap 91.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uQTC4IVF-w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIVxhtV7ISQ

Last edited by bassn_07; 12-09-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
congrat on your time you just keep setting new records.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Alan I am happy you made this decision.

Nobody can say anything really , your car makes even purpose built dragsters just seem loud.

There were several "dragsters" fearful of the grocery getter. It is awe inspiring as it effortlesly goes down the track .

I have been at this a few years now. I have never seen a guy become so fast so fast, lol.

This is a further proof of your dedication and logical approach.

This is a special car and even more special driver. I thank you for being selfless, competitive yet kind.

Everytime you run Alan you do better than before, its simply ASTOUNDING
Old 12-09-2009, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Alan...your car never seizes to amaze me! I AM NOT WORTHY!~!

I'm glad you decided to post your findings as well. It would be an epic fail for you not to post such awesome numbers.

Like I've always said...don't mind the haters!

I'm truly happy for you my friend!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Charger SRT8
Alan, it was nice meeting you and your car obviously runs very well. If people want to pick apart your runs don't take it personally as you are obviously a stand-up guy and people shouldn't doubt your integrity. I've read some of your other threads and you've been hard at work with your car for sometime. Your efforts are paying off and I'm glad you posted your results.

As far as Sacramento is concerned, I run Infineon Raceway (also at sea level) about two hours away quite often. My car ETs the same there as it does at Sac. I often hear people at Infineon talk about how they will run a tenth or two better at at Sac and laugh to myself. Reminds me of people telling me their cold-air intake will give them a couple tenths :-)

Sacramento is a more challenging track than the well-prepared and state-of-the-art Infineon Raceway. If the sun is up at Infineon I can dead hook all day long and get 1.55 60' times. At Sac I never know what will happen and actually have to hot-lap my car to get a good launch (launching with less power from heat-soak or several repeated heat cycles on the drag radials allows me to finally hook)

The 1/4 MPH at Sac is a couple MPH high in my opinion and others have noticed this as well in the last six months or so. There is actually a thread about this at norcal1320.com where it was attribute it to one of the trap sensors being moved during a repair or something like that. I don't know if anyone else noticed this on 12/5?

If I could run lower than 11.50 without a rollbar at Infineon I would be there since it is a much better track. I do like the chilli cheese dogs though at Sac and like the fact the atmosphere is more casual. Plus I love that I can run 20 runs at a 4-hour test-n-tune vs. 3 at an all day Infineon event.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:33 AM

SL55 AMG
About *** time, I didnt know how much longer I was going to be able to keep this record breaking secret LOL.

AWESOME RUNS

BTW, now with the front runners you got going on I think your ready for the BIG DOG for rears ..............HOOSIER QUICK TIME PRO's (bias ply). I think I'm going to buy a set and mount them on my extra set of 16" drag wheels.

Damn! I was really not going to mod my car any further but now with all these new records going on I guess I will continue too. You see, we are the victims here with this mod disease we have

Again, awesome run bro.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Wow, Wow, WOW!!!!! Dude your car is a monster!!! Damn Alan, if you get any more quicker I might need to add a jet engine to my car.

I am in shock....

Way to represent the MB pack!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Congrats Alan, again as usual! I figured you beat your pb. If you want your car to adjust to race gas faster, just buy a few gallons of 100 octane at the Richards Automotive VP gas station in San Leandro and then drive like a mad man the rest of the way to Sac. They have 94 octane there too. The weather forecast is calling for rain this weekend but if by chance it doesn't, there's a possibility I'll be back in town in time to make my way up to Sac. Are you heading up this weekend? I'm still a bit wary of the track conditions with these cold temps especially after hearing about the Vette hitting the wall but I'm itchin to make a few runs in negative DA.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Banned

BMW
It was impressive to see you get faster as others got slower.

The car hustles, no doubt, and I want people to understand you could have kept going but decided to help others. I admire that.

You did not have to post Alan, you have nothing to prove, but I'm glad to see you do so anyway.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by juicee63
Alan I am happy you made this decision.

Nobody can say anything really , your car makes even purpose built dragsters just seem loud.

There were several "dragsters" fearful of the grocery getter. It is awe inspiring as it effortlesly goes down the track .

I have been at this a few years now. I have never seen a guy become so fast so fast, lol.

This is a further proof of your dedication and logical approach.

This is a special car and even more special driver. I thank you for being selfless, competitive yet kind.

Everytime you run Alan you do better than before, its simply ASTOUNDING
Thanks Josh! I figured what the hell and stop worrying what everyone else thinks and just avoid all the nay-sayers. As time goes on my car is getting faster and quicker with every pass.

Haha...I don't think I'm a special driver at all. I was just lucky enough to put a combination together that allowed my car to go fast. I'm sure almost every car out there would be doing the same with my mod list, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Alan...your car never seizes to amaze me! I AM NOT WORTHY!~!

I'm glad you decided to post your findings as well. It would be an epic fail for you not to post such awesome numbers.

Like I've always said...don't mind the haters!

I'm truly happy for you my friend!
Thanks Sun and I'm sure we'll be running side by side soon. I can't wait to see you car dip deep into the 10's along with us. Your preseveriance and efforts will pay off this January....100% positive.

Originally Posted by mthis
congrat on your time you just keep setting new records.
Thanks! Now put some DR's on your car and see what it could really do .

Originally Posted by budoboy
Alan, it was nice meeting you and your car obviously runs very well. If people want to pick apart your runs don't take it personally as you are obviously a stand-up guy and people shouldn't doubt your integrity. I've read some of your other threads and you've been hard at work with your car for sometime. Your efforts are paying off and I'm glad you posted your results.

As far as Sacramento is concerned, I run Infineon Raceway (also at sea level) about two hours away quite often. My car ETs the same there as it does at Sac. I often hear people at Infineon talk about how they will run a tenth or two better at at Sac and laugh to myself. Reminds me of people telling me their cold-air intake will give them a couple tenths :-)

Sacramento is a more challenging track than the well-prepared and state-of-the-art Infineon Raceway. If the sun is up at Infineon I can dead hook all day long and get 1.55 60' times. At Sac I never know what will happen and actually have to hot-lap my car to get a good launch (launching with less power from heat-soak or several repeated heat cycles on the drag radials allows me to finally hook)

The 1/4 MPH at Sac is a couple MPH high in my opinion and others have noticed this as well in the last six months or so. There is actually a thread about this at norcal1320.com where it was attribute it to one of the trap sensors being moved during a repair or something like that. I don't know if anyone else noticed this on 12/5?

If I could run lower than 11.50 without a rollbar at Infineon I would be there since it is a much better track. I do like the chilli cheese dogs though at Sac and like the fact the atmosphere is more casual. Plus I love that I can run 20 runs at a 4-hour test-n-tune vs. 3 at an all day Infineon event.
Thanks Jeff! Your car is a fricken beast and it's just a matter of time before you dip into the 10's.

I'm not even worrying about trtap speeds anymore and I'll concentrate on my ET's, the number that really counts. Trap speed don't win races.

Originally Posted by URnext
About *** time, I didnt know how much longer I was going to be able to keep this record breaking secret LOL.

AWESOME RUNS

BTW, now with the front runners you got going on I think your ready for the BIG DOG for rears ..............HOOSIER QUICK TIME PRO's (bias ply). I think I'm going to buy a set and mount them on my extra set of 16" drag wheels.

Damn! I was really not going to mod my car any further but now with all these new records going on I guess I will continue too. You see, we are the victims here with this mod disease we have

Again, awesome run bro.
Haha...thanks Sal. I look forward to our meeting in January....your home track this time.

I'm pretty sure that the Hoosiers will stay. As you know Sacramento is a very slippery track and going to a full slick just scares me. You never though, as you now I'm very competitive and if I see you out launching me by over a tenth with the slicks I may switch .

Disease isn't the word.....sickness. You don't need more mods to beat my car because I'm pretty sure you're still quicker. As soon as you get your issues resolved you'll be back faster and quicker...for sure.

Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Wow, Wow, WOW!!!!! Dude your car is a monster!!! Damn Alan, if you get any more quicker I might need to add a jet engine to my car.

I am in shock....

Way to represent the MB pack!
Thanks Jody! My car is running stronger then ever expected and I'm very excited about it.

I can't wait to see your E55 in action once the modding starts. Do you have any plans on getting a stock base line before the modding begins?

Originally Posted by cahiil55k
Congrats Alan, again as usual! I figured you beat your pb. If you want your car to adjust to race gas faster, just buy a few gallons of 100 octane at the Richards Automotive VP gas station in San Leandro and then drive like a mad man the rest of the way to Sac. They have 94 octane there too. The weather forecast is calling for rain this weekend but if by chance it doesn't, there's a possibility I'll be back in town in time to make my way up to Sac. Are you heading up this weekend? I'm still a bit wary of the track conditions with these cold temps especially after hearing about the Vette hitting the wall but I'm itchin to make a few runs in negative DA.
Thanks Kou! I don't mind letting my car adapt at the track because I decided to stop racing on the streets. My car is just getting too fast to run outside of a controlled inviroment. It's much safer done at the track
Old 12-09-2009, 11:32 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Alan, Very nice! I bet the dragsters are sick out there. Thanks for sharing the info.

When are they going to fix the 60 foot clock out there at Sac? Dying to know what your 60 ft times are.. It must be hard for you to tune/set up car and not know how hard your car is leaving..

Even in the 10`s SAC is cool about the roll cage? Very nice!

I went to a new track last week , that members said was roll cage friendly (wrong) .. First run near 11.50 and they were giving me the 3rd degree.. lol

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-09-2009, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Banme
It was impressive to see you get faster as others got slower.

The car hustles, no doubt, and I want people to understand you could have kept going but decided to help others. I admire that.

You did not have to post Alan, you have nothing to prove, but I'm glad to see you do so anyway.
Thanks Joseph. I'm not posting to prove anything any longer. I decided to post and share my results with everyone. I'm very proud of my accomplishments like everyone should be and not sharing and posting my times would be selfish. There are much more people here on this board that can appreciate such a run then hate and nay-say. The naysayer will come and post whatever they want but in the end it's just pure jealousy and envy.

I love helping people try and achieve their personal goals and if it means sacrificing a little of my time, no problem. Many of you came a long ways to attend and I planned on doing whatever was neccesary to help.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Banned

BMW
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Thanks Joseph. I'm not posting to prove anything any longer. I decided to post and share my results with everyone. I'm very proud of my accomplishments like everyone should be and not sharing and posting my times would be selfish. There are much more people here on this board that can appreciate such a run then hate and nay-say. The naysayer will come and post whatever they want but in the end it's just pure jealousy and envy.

I love helping people try and achieve their personal goals and if it means sacrificing a little of my time, no problem. Many of you came a long ways to attend and I planned on doing whatever was neccesary to help.
Respect.

I don't think I would be able to resist the urge to shove that slip down people's throats.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Alan my advice to you is to go with a bias ply rear.

I am certain you would run 10.50's and claim the record for Worlds quickest to add to the fastest title.

You want four tires with similar rolling diameters and resistance. The bia ply will launch you harder , imo. Althogh it is hard to improve from here as you have squeezed so much out of her.

The tires could be hooking better, we need you down to 1.47 :-) 1.50, 1.51. Although I think you likely hit 1.55-1.58 on your 10.77.

When you sixty in the 1.4x you will run 10.5 , trap likely comes down to 131-133.

a high 1.4 gets yo a 10.57
Old 12-09-2009, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Thanks Jody! My car is running stronger then ever expected and I'm very excited about it.

I can't wait to see your E55 in action once the modding starts. Do you have any plans on getting a stock base line before the modding begins?
Sounds great man. I wish I could see you guys run but SAC is a bit far for me. In terms of my car, I am working on something, hopefully will be here for spring time. But just enyoing her as a stocker for now.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Friggin MONSTER!!!! I'm glad you posted Alan, thanks. You're a true enthusiast and I hope you get that record!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:10 PM

E55, Supercharged Z4 (sold)
Awesome times Alan! I'm glad you decide to post this. We all benefit from it. LOL I have an 1/8th mile right behind my house and you would break some hearts of these good ole boys here with a 6.9!

I have to ask the board. Is it best to get the ET Drag Radials vs the Street Radials? Seems like it would be the way to go. Why not just go with bias ply from the start if it's the better tire? I don't quite understand as I'm new to all this tire business
Old 12-09-2009, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
In terms of my car, I am working on something, hopefully will be here for spring time. But just enyoing her as a stocker for now.
feb right? Sick times alan, congrats!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Banned

BMW
Originally Posted by Luke_M
Awesome times Alan! I'm glad you decide to post this. We all benefit from it. LOL I have an 1/8th mile right behind my house and you would break some hearts of these good ole boys here with a 6.9!

I have to ask the board. Is it best to get the ET Drag Radials vs the Street Radials? Seems like it would be the way to go. Why not just go with bias ply from the start if it's the better tire? I don't quite understand as I'm new to all this tire business
Bias ply tends to offer better traction and 60 foots but lower trap speeds. Drag radials also are DOT. Additionally, if you run bias ply in back, you should not mix and match with radials hence why with stock front tires already being radials it is a cheaper / easier route to simply stick drag radials on the back.

Also, drag radials come in larger diameters than bias ply slicks, making tire and wheels choices easier for cars with large brakes.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:41 PM

'07 Charger SRT8

I've run ET street drag radials and the ET street biasply's and although the biasplys did hook a little better they were a taller tire and a I got higher ET with same 60' time due to difference in gearing based on taller tire. The biasplys also feel unstable when you run front radials. Actually they were pretty scary.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
feb right? Sick times alan, congrats!!!
It's like I have a shadow everywhere I go...Keep laughing.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:46 PM

E55, Supercharged Z4 (sold)
Thanks guys! Wow I would have never thought that mixing bias ply with radials up front would be a problem let alone scary.

Makes sense now why you would stick with radials until you got real serious for an extra tenth or two
Old 12-09-2009, 03:06 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Awesome runs Alan, too bad you didn't make another run you douche! We may have to go back out and look into that lower 10.7 or 10.6.

As far as Sac goes for any hater I ran with the vbox, sadly it didn't record, Mo and I even looked into it but we were going off wrong assumptions and information. The box was never more then 2mph off from what the track said and .2 off the et. It actually was saying Sac's ET are slower and the MPH were faster, go figure. Either way it's NHRA controlled equipment and it's not off like people think. (not 5-8mph) Alans car climbs up top, it's a beast with the right combination of parts and one awesome tune done by Jeremy at PC.

As far as my runs go that day, I was working on my burn outs to see if I could limit the one tire spinning more then the other at first since my quaife is still sitting in the box next to the TB. The last run I didn't have that good of a burnout and launched like I would with street tires to avoid wheel spin. I was running against Hammer Down and was worried he might get me if I spin since he's running so damn close to me as is haha but I have been asked if I had wheel spin and the answer is no I didn't. The lower ET is because I launched slower, I average 1.70 60' and as you can read I clearly didn't do that. It was the only run they had the 60' recorder back up and running.

Reaction .488 .180 .337
I1 1.940
I2 4.764 4.930 5.025
I3 7.447 7.567
MPH 99.855 97.845
I4 9.552 9.606 9.738

ET 11.407 11.419 11.549
MPH 125.164 127.404 128.298

The first run 11.407 was done by Alan, thank you for giving her a run and giving me some feedback. You're the only one I let run my car and I appreciate it!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:20 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Thanks guys! Wow I would have never thought that mixing bias ply with radials up front would be a problem let alone scary.

Makes sense now why you would stick with radials until you got real serious for an extra tenth or two
It's scary in the fact that bias ply respond slower then radials do. Radials have more of a contact with the road and in turn will respond quicker. If you run radials up front and bias in the rear you will over correct your car and it can cause an accident. This is why cars run skinnies up front over their street tires like Alan did in this run. I hope that makes sense with out having to go to in-depth about it. Running with bias isn't for hardcore adrenaline junkies, it's mixing the two that causes the scare mostly. Or in Alan's case the extra grip that launched his car so hard he thought it was going to break haha but he's ok as you can tell just a few extra gray hairs!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Awesome runs Alan, too bad you didn't make another run you douche! We may have to go back out and look into that lower 10.7 or 10.6.

As far as Sac goes for any hater I ran with the vbox, sadly it didn't record, Mo and I even looked into it but we were going off wrong assumptions and information. The box was never more then 2mph off from what the track said and .2 off the et. It actually was saying Sac's ET are slower and the MPH were faster, go figure. Either way it's NHRA controlled equipment and it's not off like people think. (not 5-8mph) Alans car climbs up top, it's a beast with the right combination of parts and one awesome tune done by Jeremy at PC.

As far as my runs go that day, I was working on my burn outs to see if I could limit the one tire spinning more then the other at first since my quaife is still sitting in the box next to the TB. The last run I didn't have that good of a burnout and launched like I would with street tires to avoid wheel spin. I was running against Hammer Down and was worried he might get me if I spin since he's running so damn close to me as is haha but I have been asked if I had wheel spin and the answer is no I didn't. The lower ET is because I launched slower, I average 1.70 60' and as you can read I clearly didn't do that. It was the only run they had the 60' recorder back up and running.

Reaction .488 .180 .337
I1 1.940
I2 4.764 4.930 5.025
I3 7.447 7.567
MPH 99.855 97.845
I4 9.552 9.606 9.738

ET 11.407 11.419 11.549
MPH 125.164 127.404 128.298

The first run 11.407 was done by Alan, thank you for giving her a run and giving me some feedback. You're the only one I let run my car and I appreciate it!
after I go to the Alan & Mike school of launching I want a rematch before you add the other mods. I know that you will win anyway but for those of you who missed our race you can definitely tell at what point that Mike's stage 2 hp kicked in and drove right by me.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sacramento 12-5-2009 track results!