Kids=ha,ha!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
GF, whenever she wants.
Friends- sure why not
Family- Yep.
Valet- Why not? There are much nicer cars here than my e55 or range rover.

It's a $26k 5 year old car- not an exotic ferrari.

Last edited by itsmeek; 12-16-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I used to have the same view as "itsmeek" though after modding my SL it has changed to only me or someone w/similar powered MB... I let (2) different good friends drive her post mods, 1st was terrifying as I road shotgun he kept trying to hit the gas going into turns on surface streets (thank god I left ESP on) that drive ended abruptly.

2nd was a good friend who came from driving a few modded decently fast cars, but once behind the wheel of SL he thought he was Captain America, seriously almost wrecked the damned thing twice! once on fwy in slow lane while stabbing accelerator, next on surface streets trying to emulate my sideways counter steering drifts around a corner (I drove him 1st then let him have a go) he literally did a near 360 into a sidewalk, I had to grab the steering wheel, while yelling let off the farging gas!)

99% of people don't understand/respect the near black hole escaping power lurking under the hood, the average joe isn't remotely prepared for the battlefield carnage w/ESP off. Seriously NO valet/NO Girlfriends/dealership I hold my breath & cringe when watching the reg monkeys shuttle it to/from garage areas.

Just wish there was a power reducing limp mode you could secretly engage temporarily to disable the car so I could let Valet/Girlfriend/etc drive it w/NO worries. Because beyond the power I innately feel the same way, it's just a friggin car sh_t happens & Insurance is there for that very reason.

Last edited by Thericker; 12-16-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
I have let a lot of friends and family drive my car..mostly to run errands or to get food. Most normal people have no idea how fast the car. I mean we know its fast because we put our foot in it. But as long as you drive it normal, which i forget how to do that, It is a very easy, fun, safe car to drive. Just don't let anyone drive it who knows how damn fast it is!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Wife - RARELY. (thank god)
Valet - yes, never a problem. Where I park, there are FAR more desireable cars. Fact is unless you know what a 55 is, you can't tell it from a 320, that's what I like about it..almost total sleeper.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/off...et.parking.cnn

food for thought... lol
Old 12-17-2009, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Holy crap...shrooms an valet parking...not to mention what he said about other drugs n alcohol..SCARY stuff@!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by E55Bullet
I have let a lot of friends and family drive my car..mostly to run errands or to get food. Most normal people have no idea how fast the car. I mean we know its fast because we put our foot in it. But as long as you drive it normal, which i forget how to do that, It is a very easy, fun, safe car to drive. Just don't let anyone drive it who knows how damn fast it is!
add 100 rwhp & 200 rwtq to your E55 & then tell me how long that list is
Old 12-17-2009, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
Originally Posted by Thericker
I used to have the same view as "itsmeek" though after modding my SL it has changed to only me or someone w/similar powered MB... I let (2) different good friends drive her post mods, 1st was terrifying as I road shotgun he kept trying to hit the gas going into turns on surface streets (thank god I left ESP on) that drive ended abruptly.

2nd was a good friend who came from driving a few modded decently fast cars, but once behind the wheel of SL he thought he was Captain America, seriously almost wrecked the damned thing twice! once on fwy in slow lane while stabbing accelerator, next on surface streets trying to emulate my sideways counter steering drifts around a corner (I drove him 1st then let him have a go) he literally did a near 360 into a sidewalk, I had to grab the steering wheel, while yelling let off the farging gas!)

99% of people don't understand/respect the near black hole escaping power lurking under the hood, the average joe isn't remotely prepared for the battlefield carnage w/ESP off. Seriously NO valet/NO Girlfriends/dealership I hold my breath & cringe when watching the reg monkeys shuttle it to/from garage areas.

Just wish there was a power reducing limp mode you could secretly engage temporarily to disable the car so I could let Valet/Girlfriend/etc drive it w/NO worries. Because beyond the power I innately feel the same way, it's just a friggin car sh_t happens & Insurance is there for that very reason.

Thats the exact same reason I dont let people drive it ,its not a expensive car just to powerful for the average person. I have let two of my friends drive it ( both have large trucks) to and from lunch on the same day they took turns and they both thought they were race car drivers. I rode shotgun both times and was extremely scared.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by RenntechE55
Thats the exact same reason I dont let people drive it ,its not a expensive car just to powerful for the average person. I have let two of my friends drive it ( both have large trucks) to and from lunch on the same day they took turns and they both thought they were race car drivers. I rode shotgun both times and was extremely scared.
Exactly, & the (1) I let hit frwy was even more spastic! phukur nails it @ 55 in slow lane (even w/brand new rubber out back it breaks loose) then he continues to push past 100! (slow lane was the only empty lane & anyone @ anytime could've merged signaling or not would've = fatal accident) we actually got into a fight after this excursion & aren't friends anymore.

It blows my mind how someone who doesn't know your car & never driven anything remotely this powerful would try to drive it @ 10/10ths + think they're invulnerable.

The only person I was at ease w/is my buddy who's a cop, dude can flat out drive he took my C6 vette & rode that whip like Zorro! crossed up counter steering like a pro-rally car racer @ 90+ (night time in an abandoned industrial area LA) I've learned all my skills from him...

Last edited by Thericker; 12-17-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
Ya lucky for me it was only about 4 or 5 miles round trip and neither of them knew about the traction control. I guess I would allow my Dad , Brother , and brother in-law drive my car if they asked since they have cars ranging from 460hp to 750hp so they know a little bit about power and how to control it.

Exactly, & the (1) I let hit frwy was even more spastic! phukur nails it @ 55 in slow lane (even w/brand new rubber out back it breaks loose) then he continues to push past 100! (slow lane was the only empty lane & anyone @ anytime could've merged signaling or not would've = fatal accident) we actually got into a fight after this excursion & aren't friends anymore.

It blows my mind how someone who doesn't know your car & never driven anything remotely this powerful would try to drive it @ 10/10ths + think they're invulnerable.

The only person I was at ease w/is my buddy who's a cop, dude can flat out drive he took my C6 vette & rode that whip like Zorro! crossed up counter steering like a pro-rally car racer @ 90+ (night time in an abandoned industrial area LA) I've learned all my skills from him...
Old 12-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by Zax63
Wife - yes
Valet - no
+1.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

add 100 rwhp & 200 rwtq to your E55 & then tell me how long that list is

My grandma drove my car with no problems?
Old 12-17-2009, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by E55Bullet
My grandma drove my car with no problems?
My neighbors grandma mistakenly put her K-car into drive while parked directly in front of Santa Barbara Bank & Trust, floored it thinking the gas pedal was brake freaked out went up over the curb then thru both glass double doors, finally stopping halfway thru the inside of the bank. Miracle no one was injured except the building.

If she was in your stump pullin' E55 she would've gone into the friggin vault or out the other side
(100% true story, I saw the actual car directly after accident then later found out it was my neighbors grandparent)

Last edited by Thericker; 12-17-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:47 PM

2008 E63, White/Black, P030
My wife, droved it over a parking curb and the front bottom bumper pushed the grill or "bird safety net out", then she's afraid to drive much now.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[quote=Thericker;3858345] My neighbors grandma mistakenly put her K-car into drive while parked directly in front of Santa Barbara Bank & Trust, floored it thinking the gas pedal was brake freaked out went up over the curb then thru both glass double doors, finally stopping halfway thru the inside of the bank. Miracle no one was injured except the building.

If she was in your stump pullin' E55 she would've gone into the friggin vault or out the other side
(100% true story, I saw the actual car directly after accident then later found out it was my neighbors grandparent)[/

:r olf:
Old 12-19-2009, 10:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E55K AMG

I did disconnect the electrical plug to the supercharger clutch last month when I took the car in to a local garage for a few days.

I trusted them to do the work, but their of a younger age and when its not your own car ...... lets say tyre smoke can be part of the test drive.

I might fit an inline switch inside the car that allows it to be turned off!
then I wont mind anyone driving it.

Last edited by £ C43 £ AMG £; 12-19-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:16 AM

2007 E63, 2003 Porsche Boxster, 2006 Lexus 460L
Wife - I let her driver whenever she wants to...thank god she prefers her own car over mine
Valet - NEVER!
Friends - I let one friend drive as he's really into cars. I was a bit hesitant at first because: 1) I had just broken in my baby at 3K km, and 2) last time he drove my Cayenne I had to change my tires...
Old 12-20-2009, 10:03 PM

2004 SL55 AMG EUROCHARGED. 2002 X5. 1999 SUBURBAN WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGER+MODs,04 M3 EUROCHARED
Wife. !7 year old son. family members. yes yes and yes
Old 12-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Banned

09 CLK550
Originally Posted by Objectionable
My 16 year old son - once.
was it last for the car ?
Old 12-20-2009, 10:19 PM

e55
whoever wants to all good to me lol
Old 12-20-2009, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Why have nice cars like ours and allow NO ONE to enjoy them other than us? That's what traction control is for.

Especially wives. Who drives you guys home after a few cocktails? Wifey. Here are the keys. Enjoy the E63, don't step on her too hard.

Some of you guys need a reality check. It's a car. Yes it's our "baby" but the arrogance of not allowing even your WIFE to drive the car...doh. The stuff some people must say about some of you behind your backs...?
Old 12-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by mugatu22
Why have nice cars like ours and allow NO ONE to enjoy them other than us? That's what traction control is for.

Especially wives. Who drives you guys home after a few cocktails? Wifey. Here are the keys. Enjoy the E63, don't step on her too hard.

Some of you guys need a reality check. It's a car. Yes it's our "baby" but the arrogance of not allowing even your WIFE to drive the car...doh. The stuff some people must say about some of you behind your backs...?
This.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by mugatu22

Try to buy wheels for $5k+ range and watch your wife scratch the shizl out your wheels while doing parallel parking, if it is alright with you, then I rest my case. Same thing in parking too closely to the parking curb and scratch the hell of the bumper lip, and you ask nicely not to park closely to the curb. If you want your wifes/kids drive cars, buy them a toyota, that cars are hard to break and easy to fix.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Karlson
Try to buy wheels for $5k+ range and watch your wife scratch the shizl out your wheels while doing parallel parking, if it is alright with you, then I rest my case. Same thing in parking too closely to the parking curb and scratch the hell of the bumper lip, and you ask nicely not to park closely to the curb. If you want your wifes/kids drive cars, buy them a toyota, that cars are hard to break and easy to fix.
All women are not stupid. All you have to do is ask her to be careful and don't park so close. My wife drives my CLS all the time and she is just as careful as i am so whats your point? Maybe you should reevaluate the company you keep.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who drives your car?