Sponsored by:

***NEW DATE*** Famoso Raceway Private Track Rental - NOW 01/30/2010***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG & CLK350
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Negative Lady AMG I will be the slowest car out there! Don't steal my thunder here I have something going for me at least!
Haha...ok, let's race and see who's the slowest!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:51 PM

06 Chrysler SRT8
Payment Sent! Here we go again. Thank you Mo.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:09 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by LADY_AMG
Haha...ok, let's race and see who's the slowest!
You could just kick me in the junk instead of embarrassing me on the track!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:33 PM

E63 AMG & CLK350
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
You could just kick me in the junk instead of embarrassing me on the track!
Lol ummm...Ive never kicked a guy in the junk before (intentionally anyway) and I'd like to reserve that first time for someone who really deserves it. :p
Old 12-18-2009, 09:35 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by LADY_AMG
Lol ummm...Ive never kicked a guy in the junk before (intentionally anyway) and I'd like to reserve that first time for someone who really deserves it. :p

Haha well aren't you a true lady like your name says. I'm still slower so just deal with it! Bring the car to the track you will be ok.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
List Update.....

[.......] 01) rarfinancial - CLS63 - Stage 3 - The Quickest/Fastest CLS in the country
[.......] 02) juicee63 - CLS63 - VR530 - The Fastest CLS63 (off NOS) in the country
[.......] 03) URnext - SL55 - The Quickest/Fastest SL55 in the country
[.......] 04) bassn_07 - E55 - Stage 5+ - The Quickest/Fastest E55 in the country
[.......] 05) sticky - E92 BMW M3 - Supercharged - The Fastest E92 M3 in the country
[PAID] 06) Terry335 - BMW 135 - bolt-ons - The Quickest/Fastest & BEST BMW N54 Engine Tuner in the world
[.......] 07) BenzoBoi - E55 - Stage 4+ Custom
[PAID] 08) madmatt9471 - 98 C5 - LS1 347 ProCharged A4 w/3200 stall
[PAID] 09) Yellow03Z06 - Z06 -
[PAID] 10) BRUTE SRT - 06 Chrysler SRT8
[.......] 11) Mr. 5 - BMW E90 335 - The Quickest/Fastest 335 MT in the country
[.......] 12) jblownc5 - C6 - bolt-ons

Last edited by MB_Forever; 12-19-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:06 AM

2004 K4 E55
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
[.......] 01) rarfinancial - CLS63 - Stage 3 - The Quickest/Fastest CLS in the country
[.......] 02) juicee63 - CLS63 - VR530 - The Fastest CLS63 (off NOS) in the country
[.......] 03) URnext - SL55 - The Quickest/Fastest SL55 in the country
[.......] 04) bassn_07 - E55 - Stage 5+ - The Quickest/Fastest E55 in the country
[.......] 05) sticky - E92 BMW M3 - Supercharged - The Fastest E92 M3 in the country
[PAID] 06) Terry335 - BMW 135 - bolt-ons - The Quickest/Fastest & BEST BMW N54 Engine Tuner in the world
[.......] 07) BenzoBoi - E55 - Stage 4+ Custom
[PAID] 08) madmatt9471 - C6 Z06 - bolt-ons
[PAID] 09) Yellow03Z06 - Z06 -
[PAID] 10) BRUTE SRT - 06 Chrysler SRT8
[.......] 11) Mr. 5 - BMW E90 335 - The Quickest/Fastest 335 MT in the country
Mo, so is this for the 9th or the 16th?? I can go if it is on the 16th, but not the 9th...please advise
Old 12-19-2009, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by TectiteK4E55
Mo, so is this for the 9th or the 16th?? I can go if it is on the 16th, but not the 9th...please advise
Hi Alex.... how's it going? Long time no see.....

The event, unfortunately, is scheduled for the 9th..... but if it rains or gets too fogy or anything happens, then our back-up date maybe the 16th.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Please add me to the list Mo! I WILL be there 100%!!!

REDEMPTION IS RIGHT!~!

I got some redeeming to do!

***EDIT*** You will see payment from me soon Mo! I guess then you can add my name... ***EDIT***
Awesome Sun! I can't wait to see your beast run.

Originally Posted by Banme
YES! This is coming way quicker than I would have thought

I can't wait to get out there... so Mo can add quickest next to fastest

Thanks Mo, but why is your car not going to be ready?
Your car is a monster Joseph and once everything comes together you'll be the fastest and quickest by far. You just need a little luck on your side for once .

Well, I don't think I will have that custom drag wheel we talked about in time but I will check.

I think I will have my new custom trans cooler though

Keep me updated, would like to know what your plans are and if you are going to run.
What wheels did you go with....CCW?

Originally Posted by juicee63
This also should be a Northern Invasion of the South...
A return of the flag

A battle for the Worlds fastest /quickest Benz.

Sal you ready?
Alan?
Sun?

Mikey?
Angela?
Rick?
Mike?
Jack?
Barry?
Joey?
Bobby?
Chucky?
Anyone else besides me and Sun?

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
I'm don't expect/plan on being anywhere near the fastest or quickest, but I'm gonna give my damn best to hit the lowest ET I possibly can.

In the end, as excited as I am to get down the track again without blowing head gaskets , I'm excited to see all the homies again in one place!
I'm sure you'll hit your goals and if not no big deal. Just keep in mind for every 1000 feet of DA change your car will see about .15 difference. This is what I see with my car and your car is very similar to mine.

I also look forward to seeing everyone again and having a blast. I'll prolly trailer my car up just in case something goes wrong .

Hey Sun, how hard is it taking the seats in and out? I'm thinking of going with a race seat setup with a 100 octane tune this time around. I know you had to have some special things made in order to have your seats installed and any advice you could give would be appreciated. Shoot me a text or pm budddy. Thanks!

Mo - You have money coming your way.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:53 AM

'07 Charger SRT8
Al, I know a guy in Sacramento that can fabricate an aluminum seat bracket for any lightweight seat you decide to buy. I went with a $30 Jeg's polyethylene seat. Bracket cost me $350 though

Are you taking the mobile home? If so, if I decide to go, can I stay with you there Friday night? I'm thinking of driving down on the Friday night and prepping the car early Saturday.

I want to try 1/2/10 at Sac but am worried about weather. I want a backup date and am curious how Famoso compares. Plus I'd love to go to a private rental and check out all the badass cars there.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by budoboy
Al, I know a guy in Sacramento that can fabricate an aluminum seat bracket for any lightweight seat you decide to buy. I went with a $30 Jeg's polyethylene seat. Bracket cost me $350 though

Are you taking the mobile home? If so, if I decide to go, can I stay with you there Friday night? I'm thinking of driving down on the Friday night and prepping the car early Saturday.

I want to try 1/2/10 at Sac but am worried about weather. I want a backup date and am curious how Famoso compares. Plus I'd love to go to a private rental and check out all the badass cars there.
Thanks Jeff on the info and I'm pretty sure this is the route I'll be going. Where is your guy located and what type of lead time will he need. I'm also planning on having my drag wheels painted satin black just give that extra aggressive look .

No doubt about the motorhome and I'm 90% positive I'll be taking it. I need to make sure a trailer will be available to rent during that time. The place I rent from cost only $40 but they only have 2 for rent.

I've only been to one private rental and it's so much better than TnT's. Mo really stays on top of things and he's always making sure participants are happy. This will be great comparison between Famoso and Sacramento...ET's, Trap, and Traction. The great thing is that we'll have a few Sac cars coming and not just mine.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:56 PM

'07 Charger SRT8
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Thanks Jeff on the info and I'm pretty sure this is the route I'll be going. Where is your guy located and what type of lead time will he need. I'm also planning on having my drag wheels painted satin black just give that extra aggressive look .

No doubt about the motorhome and I'm 90% positive I'll be taking it. I need to make sure a trailer will be available to rent during that time. The place I rent from cost only $40 but they only have 2 for rent.

I've only been to one private rental and it's so much better than TnT's. Mo really stays on top of things and he's always making sure participants are happy. This will be great comparison between Famoso and Sacramento...ET's, Trap, and Traction. The great thing is that we'll have a few Sac cars coming and not just mine.
The place is called Jay's Hotrods in Sacramento at 2550 Tower Ave. He's going to build me a rollbar this spring. I think you'd only need to give him a week lead time at most. Kirkey has some nice aluminum drag racing seats.

The wheels will look nice black. Black tends to show more scuffs, etc. though
Old 12-19-2009, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

Famoso is said to trap 5-7mph slower than normal
Old 12-19-2009, 03:19 PM

Famoso is said to trap 5-7mph slower than normal
Yeah, its called "prep" hence the slower traps...
Old 12-19-2009, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Juggarnaut
Yeah, its called "prep" hence the slower traps...
The trap speed tends to drop as well when the car is pointed toward the wall..LOL
Old 12-19-2009, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Anybody have any prediction or estimates on what their cars would run in....let's say +1000 DA? This would all be in good fun to see who really knows their car. Of course traction will play a major role in our ET's so lets assume excellent prep as always.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Banned

BMW
Awesome Sun! I can't wait to see your beast run.

Your car is a monster Joseph and once everything comes together you'll be the fastest and quickest by far. You just need a little luck on your side for once .

What wheels did you go with....CCW?

Anyone else besides me and Sun?

I'm sure you'll hit your goals and if not no big deal. Just keep in mind for every 1000 feet of DA change your car will see about .15 difference. This is what I see with my car and your car is very similar to mine.

I also look forward to seeing everyone again and having a blast. I'll prolly trailer my car up just in case something goes wrong .

Hey Sun, how hard is it taking the seats in and out? I'm thinking of going with a race seat setup with a 100 octane tune this time around. I know you had to have some special things made in order to have your seats installed and any advice you could give would be appreciated. Shoot me a text or pm budddy. Thanks!

Mo - You have money coming your way.
You are going to have a new tune specifically for 100 octane? Awesome stuff, who is your tuner?

Glad to hear you are coming down, or up.

Every 1000 feet is .15, excellent, was wondering about this.

CCW is who I contacted, after seeing your wheels I'm quite confident in them.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
ima run 11.99 with the aid of a 5mm spacer and some help from TEAM AMG SACRAMENTO
Old 12-19-2009, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
You are going to have a new tune specifically for 100 octane? Awesome stuff, who is your tuner?

Glad to hear you are coming down, or up.

Every 1000 feet is .15, excellent, was wondering about this.

CCW is who I contacted, after seeing your wheels I'm quite confident in them.
Powerchips custom tuned my car and did a fabulous job.

My car ran a 11.045 at positive 1500 feet and at close to zero I ran a 10.871 with identical setups. This last time I ran a bit quicker but my setup changed a bit so I can't use that as a reference. When Josh calculated my runs they were within .008 of each other using his DA calculator. Actually all my times calculated very closely to each other with the identical setup and weather being the only change....same track, car, and driver. It's really amazing how accurate these corrections are and I would never claim a run using a DA calculator because you run what you run but it is fun doing so. Take it that all runs need to be clean and you have to be very consistent with your car, which I am.

Actually my math was a little off. I see about a .12 difference with every 1000 feet in change. Whether or not this is linear as DA goes lower I'm not sure but a low 11 to high 10's this is my cars correction.

Glad to see you went with CCW, John and Chip are some great guys and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase fromt them again.

ima run 11.99 with the aid of a 5mm spacer and some help from TEAM AMG SACRAMENTO
Are you sure that's going to be enough or maybe not enough. As cheap as they are I would purchase a few and return the ones that don't work. Your time is running short grasshopper and times limited....in other words don't f'k around.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:28 PM

'07 Charger SRT8
Anybody have any prediction or estimates on what their cars would run in....let's say +1000 DA? This would all be in good fun to see who really knows their car. Of course traction will play a major role in our ET's so lets assume excellent prep as always.
I ran the numbers at the dragtimes website and the DA for yesterday afternoon was -160 to -7. Not too shabby. Not much worse than Sac.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Banned

BMW
I ran the numbers at the dragtimes website and the DA for yesterday afternoon was -160 to -7. Not too shabby. Not much worse than Sac.
Not bad.. but at what times?

I don't think it has been announced what the timeframe for racing will be, but I assume we will be doing early morning this time around?
Old 12-19-2009, 09:54 PM

'07 Charger SRT8

I don't think it has been announced what the timeframe for racing will be, but I assume we will be doing early morning this time around?
Late morning/early afternoon when we'd be racing. Go to dragtimes.com and look under "tools" and "da calculator" and look up DA on any day at any track (historically)
Old 12-19-2009, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

Start time is undetermined at this point and will depend mostly on weather conditions and how "foggy" or "watery" it gets around these days at the track. Will likely confirm around the first week of January. Rest asured, however, that we will (as always) try to choose the best and most optimum time for racing and for low DA
Old 12-19-2009, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Late morning/early afternoon when we'd be racing. Go to dragtimes.com and look under "tools" and "da calculator" and look up DA on any day at any track (historically)
Jeff, will you be making it to Famoso? You need to try different tracks and compare
Old 12-19-2009, 10:22 PM

SLK55 AMG
another great event

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***NEW DATE*** Famoso Raceway Private Track Rental - NOW 01/30/2010***