E63 P30, CL500 Sport
It'll definitely be a good one
Old 12-19-2009, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Banme
Not bad.. but at what times?

I don't think it has been announced what the timeframe for racing will be, but I assume we will be doing early morning this time around?
I think we'll want to have the afternoon session during this time of the year. If it's foggy in the morning, which will be likely then our whole morning session will be compromised. Running as fast as some of us do we don't want moisture on that track.

Joseph, Sac had -700 amd below today.....

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Start time is undetermined at this point and will depend mostly on weather conditions and how "foggy" or "watery" it gets around these days at the track. Will likely confirm around the first week of January. Rest asured, however, that we will (as always) try to choose the best and most optimum time for racing and for low DA
We all trust you Mo, you always make good decisions .

Jeff, will you be making it to Famoso? You need to try different tracks and compare
Jeff will make it, he's a die-hard like many of us. I'm hoping for some really good weather boys, I'm usually allowed one race weekend a month so this might be it for January.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Charger SRT8
[quote=MB_Forever;3861145]Jeff, will you be making it to Famoso? You need to try different tracks and compare [/quote

I may. Just depends on weather and if I can get some good runs in at Sac. If I get no satisfaction up there I may migrate south for the winter
Old 12-19-2009, 10:40 PM

'07 Charger SRT8
Originally Posted by bassn_07
I think we'll want to have the afternoon session during this time of the year. If it's foggy in the morning, which will be likely then our whole morning session will be compromised. Running as fast as some of us do we don't want moisture on that track.

Joseph, Sac had -700 amd below today.....
-670 was the max DA at Sac today!!! *******s! I had my son's b-day party to go to otherwise I would have been there. I just got a new
Snell 2010 helmet, a SFI fire jacket, a driveshaft loop and a new valve body to try out.

It did say 90-70% humidity though. I bet it was pretty wet out there and traction sucked. I don't think even the award-winning prep at Sac could have helped me. I need a VHT nozzle routed to my rear wheels out there.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by budoboy
-670 was the max DA at Sac today!!! *******s! I had my son's b-day party to go to otherwise I would have been there. I just got a new
Snell 2010 helmet, a SFI fire jacket, a driveshaft loop and a new valve body to try out.

It did say 90-70% humidity though. I bet it was pretty wet out there and traction sucked. I don't think even the award-winning prep at Sac could have helped me. I need a VHT nozzle routed to my rear wheels out there.
Did you go with builderbill's valve body mod? Damn Jeff, your car is hardcore right now but better safe then sorry. I'm thinking of adding a race seat for both the 5 point harness and weight reduction. I know it's a little hardcore out there but my competition in the west is doing the same....
Why do you think you had traction issues the last time at Sac? I didn't have any issues but then again I don't have a high stall like yourself.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:44 PM

'07 Charger SRT8
Did you go with builderbill's valve body mod? Damn Jeff, your car is hardcore right now but better safe then sorry. I'm thinking of adding a race seat for both the 5 point harness and weight reduction. I know it's a little hardcore out there but my competition in the west is doing the same....
Why do you think you had traction issues the last time at Sac? I didn't have any issues but then again I don't have a high stall like yourself.
Yes, the Builder Bill mod. I had a couple sloppy shifts last time out and want to avoid that in the future.

I'm getting ready for a rollbar in the spring so I can run at Infineon again (my favorite track).

My traction problem was related to insufficient burnout I think. I hook up too early in my burnout and tires don't get hot enough. I noticed I would hook after hotlapping because the tires retained heat. I almost need to do two burnouts or I need to be in the water to keep the tires spinning long enough to really heat them up.

The stall is also part of it as is the track conditions. You hooked really well and I can only assume you got a better burnout.

At the end of the day I was hooking better but still only while hotlapping. I need to try a burnout in the water. Usually there isn't enough water in the burnout box to cause a problem with water dripping off the wheel wells afterwards.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Yes, the Builder Bill mod. I had a couple sloppy shifts last time out and want to avoid that in the future.

I'm getting ready for a rollbar in the spring so I can run at Infineon again (my favorite track).

My traction problem was related to insufficient burnout I think. I hook up too early in my burnout and tires don't get hot enough. I noticed I would hook after hotlapping because the tires retained heat. I almost need to do two burnouts or I need to be in the water to keep the tires spinning long enough to really heat them up.

The stall is also part of it as is the track conditions. You hooked really well and I can only assume you got a better burnout.

At the end of the day I was hooking better but still only while hotlapping. I need to try a burnout in the water. Usually there isn't enough water in the burnout box to cause a problem with water dripping off the wheel wells afterwards.
How often have you attended Infineon? Infineon must be one of the nicest tracks in California, so I'm told. I'm also told that they have one of the hardest tracks to get a private rental and the cost are through the roof. I think Mo told me they have a one year waiting list.... Do you really hook that much better than Sacramento and are you 60' times much quicker?
Old 12-20-2009, 01:02 AM

'07 Charger SRT8
How often have you attended Infineon? Infineon must be one of the nicest tracks in California, so I'm told. I'm also told that they have one of the hardest tracks to get a private rental and the cost are through the roof. I think Mo told me they have a one year waiting list.... Do you really hook that much better than Sacramento and are you 60' times much quicker?
I like it there because 1) It is only 40 minutes from my house (Sac is 1 hour 20 minutes) 2) They have race gas at the pump at Infineon 3) Infineon draws nicer cars in general and less of the pitbull/Hell's Angel crowd 4) Infineon is a better track and doesn't have ripples, waves, dead squirrels and tumbleweed like Sac 5) Infineon's clocks work 100% of the time. Sac's 60' clock hasn't worked in a month! 6) They have a radio station you can listen to while you run which gives you your times immediately after you run and 6) I can hook 100% of the time while the sun is up at Infineon. On a cool night it is a little sketchy there too.

Drawbacks:

1) They are safety ***** at Infineon and 2) It cost a little more $25 vs. $15 to run there on Wednesday night drags. Also at a bracket racing event you get like 2 or 3 runs in an 8 hour period. No time to test-n-tune or try things out.

Last edited by budoboy; 12-20-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I like it there because 1) It is only 40 minutes from my house (Sac is 1 hour 20 minutes) 2) They have race gas at the pump at Infineon 3) Infineon draws nicer cars in general and less of the pitbull/Hell's Angel crowd 4) Infineon is a better track and doesn't have ripples, waves, dead squirrels and tumbleweed like Sac 5) Infineon's clocks work 100% of the time. Sac's 60' clock hasn't worked in a month! 6) They have a radio station you can listen to while you run which gives you your times immediately after you run and 6) I can hook 100% of the time while the sun is up at Infineon. On a cool night it is a little sketchy there too.

Drawbacks:

1) They are safety ***** at Infineon and 2) It cost a little more $25 vs. $15 to run there on Wednesday night drags. Also at a bracket racing event you get like 2 or 3 runs in an 8 hour period. No time to test-n-tune or try things out.
Right on. Does infineon have TnT days or only Wednesday night drags? I would really love to go there but making a pass and getting the boot would really suck.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:22 AM

06 Chrysler SRT8

You mind posting a pic of your helmet? I'm gonna need one soon.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:33 AM

2004 K4 E55
Smile

Hi Alex.... how's it going? Long time no see.....

The event, unfortunately, is scheduled for the 9th..... but if it rains or gets too fogy or anything happens, then our back-up date maybe the 16th.
Hi Mo,

Understandable. I will he at Shelby's 87th Birthday Bash from the 6th to 10th with my modded 08 Shelby GT500 and can't miss it as I am a sponser and racing for 2 of those days. I have the car running 10.1's to 10.2's on drag radials and driving to the track, with a best of 9.998 at 137 on drag radials...agian, driving to the track. It also gets over 20MPG on pump gas on the road. Just finished a 2500 mile trip averaging 21-23 the whole time!!!

I have been fine and driving the E55 daily almost. I did some more upgrades and want to see how they work on the track as I cant do so at any Shelby events. If it happens to be on the 16th I promise some Shelby guys to participate. Hope you are well too Mo, I look forward to seeing you again...

Alex
Old 12-20-2009, 03:50 AM
Banned

BMW
Originally Posted by TectiteK4E55
Hi Mo,

Understandable. I will he at Shelby's 87th Birthday Bash from the 6th to 10th with my modded 08 Shelby GT500 and can't miss it as I am a sponser and racing for 2 of those days. I have the car running 10.1's to 10.2's on drag radials and driving to the track, with a best of 9.998 at 137 on drag radials...agian, driving to the track. It also gets over 20MPG on pump gas on the road. Just finished a 2500 mile trip averaging 21-23 the whole time!!!

I have been fine and driving the E55 daily almost. I did some more upgrades and want to see how they work on the track as I cant do so at any Shelby events. If it happens to be on the 16th I promise some Shelby guys to participate. Hope you are well too Mo, I look forward to seeing you again...

Alex
9.9's... the GT500's are incredible vehicles. Heard of some single turbos going 8's...

I believe the block is stronger than the Ford GT block but with the same 4V heads, is that correct?
Old 12-20-2009, 10:28 AM

'07 Charger SRT8
Right on. Does infineon have TnT days or only Wednesday night drags? I would really love to go there but making a pass and getting the boot would really suck.
No test-n-tune. You can go on a Wednesday night (starting in March) and get one run in before getting the boot. Only cost you $25.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:31 AM

'07 Charger SRT8
Originally Posted by Brute SRT
You mind posting a pic of your helmet? I'm gonna need one soon.
Just a basic black full-face helmet. Go on e-bay and search under "Snell motorcycle helmet XL" or whatever size you wear and you'll get alot of responses. I got my Snell 2010 rated helmet for $100 plus shipping. Most tracks require Snell 2005 or newer I think.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:55 PM

08 E63 AMG
i may make it to this event just have to move my schedule around. sounds like a lot of fun
Old 12-21-2009, 03:23 AM

2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Mo, i'm in if I get my new headers and exhaust done in time...When is the deadline to pay?
Old 12-21-2009, 01:23 PM

2003 CL600
Is this event/track rental only open to MBZ cars?
Old 12-21-2009, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by mikracer
Is this event/track rental only open to MBZ cars?
Nope..... any car is welcomed except for purposefully built "drag" cars, as the track sometimes gets too cold for these types of runs.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:35 PM

2003 CL600
Nice. Im mildly interested, depending on what time the runs will start. I have a Trailblazer SS thats running 6psi of boost. Its not too fast, probably low to mid 12's.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by mikracer
Nice. Im mildly interested, depending on what time the runs will start. I have a Trailblazer SS thats running 6psi of boost. Its not too fast, probably low to mid 12's.
You should bring the CL ..... you'll be able to make 50 runs if you want to and will definitely be a great opportunity to practice launch and shifting on that car.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:54 PM

2004 K4 E55
Originally Posted by Banme
9.9's... the GT500's are incredible vehicles. Heard of some single turbos going 8's...

I believe the block is stronger than the Ford GT block but with the same 4V heads, is that correct?
Yes, there are actually guys going 7's with GT500's, but not driven to the track, obviously like mine. Everything is same engine wise on the GT500 with the Ford GT with the exception of the cams, cast iron block, and dry sump oiling system.

My GT500 is on ebay for sale right now...check it out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MESE:IT
Old 12-21-2009, 05:14 PM

2003 CL600
You should bring the CL ..... you'll be able to make 50 runs if you want to and will definitely be a great opportunity to practice launch and shifting on that car.
Ahh, I need to update my info. Got rid of the CL a while back when I bought my house. I miss it though, although they are getting more and more affordable...
Old 12-21-2009, 08:09 PM

1999 BMW M3
How is the track prep for these events? I've been to Irwindale (1/8th mile) and that track is super sticky! (pulled a 1.9000 60ft on street tires )

The reason I ask is that I'm on the fence about going because of how much it might cost me if i have to get drag radials...I just don't want to make the trek out there without them and find out the track is slick and I can't get traction. Does anyone have any comparisons of famoso to irwindale as far as launching capabilities/traction goes? do they prep the track better on these private days than say the typical test/tune?

also, is there somebody with a video camera who would be willing to grab some footage of the runs? I can manage the in-car footage for myself, but it would be awesome to have somebody record from outside too

Either way, I will most likely throw my deposit in within the next week or so and see where things go from there. I have been meaning to make this trip for a couple years now and it's really weighing me down...this seems like a perfect opportunity (even if I'm the slowest one there)!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
How many people total are allowed this time? I haven't received your Paypal money request yet...
Old 12-21-2009, 09:13 PM

none
Alright, put me on the list. Now I have to buy drag radials...

And get my trans reflashed... what a pain.

Josh

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***NEW DATE*** Famoso Raceway Private Track Rental - NOW 01/30/2010***