Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Originally Posted by TopGun32
good info!

my opinion.. I would run 190mm with shorty headers or long tube headers..

but not with stock exhaust minifolds, cats and piping.
i was thinking along the same lines. i did loose boost after getting rid of my main cats and doing a full dual 3" system and EVO headers. i wanted to get a 190mm to get the boost back
Old 12-23-2009, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
Originally Posted by saam55
Ali, what is name of this German modifier? where your friend got this is size pulley from

This Cam shaft in the E55 , is it made locally also?

E55:stock

C32:

LET intake with ITG Filter
Eurocharged short Headers
LET 185mm Pulley
LET Tune
C3P HE
CM30 Pump
Resonator & Rear Cat Delete.
NGK IX Iridiums
Magnecor 8.5mm Wires

he didnt tell me the name of the german tuner, because he is the owner of the garage who tunes for the other guys through on-line.= and wont reveal his secret. lol

cam shafts are not done localy, they are SHRECK or something like that.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
205MM????

That is just unreal. Can you guys imagine how tiny that water pump pulley must be. Bet the water pump is spinning at like 25,000rpms

I dunno man, even AMG's chief said that the supercharger can only flow so much, then she just can't push anymore for the amount of heat returned.

I know the whole world isn't 1/4 mile happy like we are in the US, but any 1/4 mile times on the 190 or 205mms over there?

I thought I was bad a$$ running a 185mm custom made, but I run it up at 4500ft elevation with DA's in the 6-7K range in the summer.

Thanks for sharing this info Ali!!

no 1/4 miles here in UAE for these cars.

but the pulleys are done in germany.

and if you will get LT headers and change some mods. man your car will be crazy . but as the company who makes the pulleys.

if u unstall 190mm and other mods. u need bigger injectors.

but only the pulley, then u can remain the stock ones.

as the name of the company , he told me once. but dont expect me to remember a germen company name >< lol

and yah, he scratches the name and remove it from the pulley side. lol

but they look like stock ones. only the outer ring is large.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
How did they comapre before the SL got the pulley?

Remember the SL has 2.82 gearing vs the 2.65 in the E.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the E used to smoke him easily .

but now the SL.

and he removed the pulley yesterday because of high temps. and the car dies after reaching 220km
Old 02-15-2010, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
wats the Shop name in Dubai .. i live in Abu Dhabi !! we should meet up some day i have alot of questions and i am kinda confused .. i have the VATH edition of the E55 from germany .. i really dont know how much horse power its putting down .. but after beating the Aston Martin DB9 I really wanted to know !!!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Originally Posted by alikadus
wats the Shop name in Dubai .. i live in Abu Dhabi !! we should meet up some day i have alot of questions and i am kinda confused .. i have the VATH edition of the E55 from germany .. i really dont know how much horse power its putting down .. but after beating the Aston Martin DB9 I really wanted to know !!!
whats a VATh edition? pics?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Originally Posted by prodigymb
i was thinking along the same lines. i did loose boost after getting rid of my main cats and doing a full dual 3" system and EVO headers. i wanted to get a 190mm to get the boost back
I am going to hold my tongue on the larger pulley, but I see a lot of people talk about this. Guys too often look at boost like it's the final determination of horsepower. I just had this discussion with a friend of mine who does a lot of tuning for various forced induction platforms (but not MB). It's NOT about boost, it's about FLOW. To a certain extent, they are related, but they also can be independent. If your boost level drops because you have removed exhaust restriction, that does not mean you've lost power or somehow your supercharger is flowing less air, it just means that the same amount of air flow is now seeing less resistance (IE, it is no longer building boost, rather it is flowing) through the combustion process!

Boost, depending on how it's discussed, is not a good thing. People use boost so sort of describe flow, but then people forge a link between them and that's just not how it works. Focus on FLOW, not on boost, and you will make more power.

I am eager to see what people discover with these large pullies. Looking at the compressor map it does drop efficiency significantly past what would equate to 180mm pulley but that doesn't mean it won't generate more power in a certain setup... that's the difference between "theories" and "realities"

-m
Old 02-15-2010, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I think it's great that people are trying bigger pulleys because up to this point I've seen no proof of it slowing down a well breathing machine with sufficient cooling. I've data logged the crap out of my car and I'm pretty sure my car would do well with a bigger one...i think . Maybe I'll give it a shot sometime soon .

Our platform has made some huge leaps this past year with many contributing factors such as larger pulleys, custom tuning, and so on. IMO I think some of these cars will see some nice gains with a 185 pulley.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
I am going to hold my tongue on the larger pulley, but I see a lot of people talk about this. Guys too often look at boost like it's the final determination of horsepower. I just had this discussion with a friend of mine who does a lot of tuning for various forced induction platforms (but not MB). It's NOT about boost, it's about FLOW. To a certain extent, they are related, but they also can be independent. If your boost level drops because you have removed exhaust restriction, that does not mean you've lost power or somehow your supercharger is flowing less air, it just means that the same amount of air flow is now seeing less resistance (IE, it is no longer building boost, rather it is flowing) through the combustion process!

-m

Absolutely agree, motor is running more efficient... Well said Marcus.

Alan: As a drag junkie, You should think about skipping the 185mm and go for the gusto.. Especially since the boys from the UAE are doing it big with the 190mm? You should have the cooling mods to back it up. I advise you tune for race gas and crush it this year.

Ali_e55: Awesome post man. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Max.H
Absolutely agree, motor is running more efficient... Well said Marcus.

Alan: As a drag junkie, You should think about skipping the 185mm and go for the gusto.. Especially since the boys from the UAE are doing it big with the 190mm? You should have the cooling mods to back it up. I advise you tune for race gas and crush it this year.

Ali_e55: Awesome post man. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what my next thing will be but I'm thinking of keeping my car the way it is just to spank a few more people. I have a bone to pick with some Socal peeps because they think they are the *****. They'll soon see what a a$$ whoppin feels like.....

There's also a CLS in San Diego that I need to get it on with in street form. For some strange reason people think I'm slow and they think I need ice to run 10's...lol. I hot lapped 3 10's in a row back to back with no rest in between , but who's counting . Actually I'm going to invite the CLS to Sac and I'll use my street tires, no ice, and start off in 2nd gear against his DR's and nitrous....of course just for ***** and giggles. Winner will get the little black flag..."Team AMG".

Sorry but I'm still venting....back on topic .
Old 02-16-2010, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
Originally Posted by prodigymb
whats a VATh edition? pics?
What i read its about 620 HP and its flat out 10.83 on the 1/4 mil .. i dont know since in the UAE there is no Drag Strip !! i'll upload some pic in a couple of days since its in its majour service right now .. any ways ALI i still didnt get ur reply on the Tunner place in Dubai !! thanks ..
Old 02-16-2010, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Would love to see a 190mm before and after dyno.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
It's NOT about boost, it's about FLOW. To a certain extent, they are related, but they also can be independent. If your boost level drops because you have removed exhaust restriction, that does not mean you've lost power or somehow your supercharger is flowing less air, it just means that the same amount of air flow is now seeing less resistance (IE, it is no longer building boost, rather it is flowing) through the combustion process!

Boost, depending on how it's discussed, is not a good thing. People use boost so sort of describe flow, but then people forge a link between them and that's just not how it works. Focus on FLOW, not on boost, and you will make more power.

-m
Couldn't agree more my friend

Back about 10 years ago. I was running my stang with 10 pounds of boost with a KB supercharger. I changed to LARGE port volume, CNC ported aluminum heads and dropped almost 2 pounds of boost.

However I dynoed almost 150 RWHP more

On supercharged engines, ANY restriction, via exhaust, valves, TB, etc KILLS performance. It needs to breath in, just as easy as out to make peak power.

As you stated boost by itself, does NOT mean more power. Especially if you are past the compressors usable range/flow capacity.

GREAT POST M
Old 02-17-2010, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Yeah, I'm not quite sure what my next thing will be but I'm thinking of keeping my car the way it is just to spank a few more people. I have a bone to pick with some Socal peeps because they think they are the *****. They'll soon see what a a$$ whoppin feels like.....

There's also a CLS in San Diego that I need to get it on with in street form. For some strange reason people think I'm slow and they think I need ice to run 10's...lol. I hot lapped 3 10's in a row back to back with no rest in between , but who's counting . Actually I'm going to invite the CLS to Sac and I'll use my street tires, no ice, and start off in 2nd gear against his DR's and nitrous....of course just for ***** and giggles. Winner will get the little black flag..."Team AMG".

Sorry but I'm still venting....back on topic .
Wow..

You're killing me bro. What's got you all riled up? You just went off on a wild tangent. You're like orbiting the moon right now. But, I still like it. LoL