W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burn out issues/ car losing power!

Old 05-14-2011, 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGPilot
You can only Left foot brake the car for 3 seconds before the ECU will close the throttle plate.

I think this may be the key...

When I've tried to do a big smoky burnout I've been holding the brake the entire time. It does seem like the computer takes over at 3 - 4 seconds to shut down the fun.

I wonder if I were to feather-off the brakes as soon as the tires start spinning if it would allow the burnout to keep on going?

The talk about "rolling burnouts" may be further evidence that you can do a big burnout on any year E55 (03- 06) as long as you get completely off the brakes inside the 3 second window.

-G
Old 05-14-2011, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
guys just because the esp is off does not mean it is off on these cars. If not in dyno mode the rear brakes will still try to slow the rear tires down and with drag radials being so sticky the effect is that much more pronounced, even cold drag radials are much stickier than street tires.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by GarageShinyKyle
guys just because the esp is off does not mean it is off on these cars. If not in dyno mode the rear brakes will still try to slow the rear tires down and with drag radials being so sticky the effect is that much more pronounced, even cold drag radials are much stickier than street tires.
This man hit the nail on it's head