Sponsored by:

Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Get a custom made kit. My guy is running me about $400 to do it custom fit to match the natural curve of the din and finish it to match the birds eye maple. I could never live with a gap but that's just me...

BTW How do you like the head unit so far?

I passed that one up for a Kenwood 9140 so I'm curious to see how everyone likes the pioneer.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:02 AM

E63
Actually the gap is not really a big deal to me. I can live with that. The pioneer just amazing. I LOVE IT.

Originally Posted by tgoss
Get a custom made kit. My guy is running me about $400 to do it custom fit to match the natural curve of the din and finish it to match the birds eye maple. I could never live with a gap but that's just me...

BTW How do you like the head unit so far?

I passed that one up for a Kenwood 9140 so I'm curious to see how everyone likes the pioneer.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Nice That's good to hear! I really did like the interface of the Pioneer, and god it's just a beautiful radio. Truly boss. I just got a ridicules deal for a 9140 that I couldn't pass up, but this was my first love.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
The gap does not appear to be too bad.

Couple of questions.
Was he able to connect the speed sensor wire for the nav?

Any final word on the dimming portion?

Would also like to see the steering wheel phone buttons working.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:30 AM

E63
Does anyone know will our 2008 stock command unit will perfect fit a 2003 E320 ? My friend has the 2003 model. It looks like the same size but not exactly sure that will work on that model. Any feedback will be great.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:40 PM

E63
Here is a short video. Using the iphone to capture the shot, so quality is not great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYY3f...=youtube_gdata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x_vJ...=youtube_gdata

So far I am very happy with the features. I didn't have them to wire it directly to my steering wheel. I hardly use those buttons.
The map on the GPS is amazing. It shows the whole freeway sign and which lane you will need to turn into. Very accurate.

I highly recommend this flag ship model.

Last edited by benzso; 01-16-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:36 PM

Audi s6
Originally Posted by pearlpower
The gap does not appear to be too bad.

Couple of questions.
Was he able to connect the speed sensor wire for the nav?

Any final word on the dimming portion?

Would also like to see the steering wheel phone buttons working.

Hey,

I did not have them connect the speed sensor bc I thought that it might be too complicated for them after the whole deal with the dimming function.>>They were able to get it connected so that it dimmed correctly and I am over the moon about that. They re-did the fitment of the unit into the double din kit but I am still not happy about the gap. I was thinking about getting something custom done.
The steering wheel works with just volume right now but I am sure it can work the phone function too.
I also have to have them re-locate the sirius sat antenna from behind the instrument cluster to on the dash by the window...It looses signal from time to time.
The rear-view camera is going to be switched to a license plate camera in a couple months and that should look much better than what I have currently.
I also need to implement a sub or something bc my package needs bass but I dont want it in the trunk bc it rattles too much and the car is so insulated that I feel the sound does not travel as well. Got to remember that I had 3 12's in the trunk but was overboard. The speakers inside are all focal component speakers but the rear stock sub-8" open - was removed from the car when it had the custom speakers put in.
Its much to flat and pitchy without full range...I almost wish it had all the stock speakers in but realize with some tweaking this will sound much better..
Old 01-19-2010, 01:03 PM

E63
Did you guys try the text to speech from the Navigation? Mine only say "in 500 feet turn right" instead of "in 500 feet, turn right on State Street". According to the menu, it should say the street name also. Mine doesn't. Is that defective?
Old 01-19-2010, 04:19 PM

Audi s6
I have not tried my navigation to be honest with you but I will check..
Old 01-20-2010, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by wizos6
Hey,

I did not have them connect the speed sensor bc I thought that it might be too complicated for them after the whole deal with the dimming function.>>They were able to get it connected so that it dimmed correctly and I am over the moon about that. They re-did the fitment of the unit into the double din kit but I am still not happy about the gap. I was thinking about getting something custom done.
The steering wheel works with just volume right now but I am sure it can work the phone function too.
I also have to have them re-locate the sirius sat antenna from behind the instrument cluster to on the dash by the window...It looses signal from time to time.
The rear-view camera is going to be switched to a license plate camera in a couple months and that should look much better than what I have currently.
I also need to implement a sub or something bc my package needs bass but I dont want it in the trunk bc it rattles too much and the car is so insulated that I feel the sound does not travel as well. Got to remember that I had 3 12's in the trunk but was overboard. The speakers inside are all focal component speakers but the rear stock sub-8" open - was removed from the car when it had the custom speakers put in.
Its much to flat and pitchy without full range...I almost wish it had all the stock speakers in but realize with some tweaking this will sound much better..
Mind sharing here they connected the dimming feature? Just to give me an idea before my install.
thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 12:08 AM

Audi s6
They did not let me in the back bc of liability but when I asked he said that he had to use a volt meter to find which wire on the light switch turned on lights- power will run when they turn on. Then he bridged an illumination wire to rear radio in harness.
That's all I know but when I go back to relocate Sirius I will ask again.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:58 PM

E63
Smile Boot up screen from the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMqIJwt1Ln0
Old 01-21-2010, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Pretty clean install in this BMW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gbzbvjuq4w

Nice clear video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnSBsAcgSpY

So much nicer than the archaic Benz setup.

Last edited by pearlpower; 01-21-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:45 PM

Audi s6
Originally Posted by benzso
Hey how the heck you get the amg logo on there?
Old 01-21-2010, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The way I read it, you can use a custom splash screen and background.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:34 AM

E63
Exactly. The Splash Screen. It has the details instructions in the manual.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:11 PM

so has anybody installed a nice head unit similar to the pioneer or any eclipse without any gaps or issues..!! If yes, can you post pics plz. May be something that goes along with the wood trim in the car....

Are there companies that make the stuff to replace all that factory stuff.

Last edited by MrKool; 01-22-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:48 PM

E63
Originally Posted by MrKool
so has anybody installed a nice head unit similar to the pioneer or any eclipse without any gaps or issues..!! If yes, can you post pics plz. May be something that goes along with the wood trim in the car....

Are there companies that make the stuff to replace all that factory stuff.
Actually it doesn't look bad with that small gap. Unless you are looking for 100% perfection. Here is a closer look on mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x_vJRb1gMc
(we were watching the 1981 class movie "Evil Dead" LOL)

Doesn't matter if you are using eclipse or kenwood. It will still show the gap with the installation kits which is available outside. Unless you spend money on someone to customize one for you.

Last edited by benzso; 01-22-2010 at 03:53 PM.