Sponsored by:

let me clear something up...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I consider Mikey to be a very knowledgeable car guy and a good friend as well. I sincerely hope this situation is resolved to his satisfaction. His car has been down way too long instead of out there running 10's! I don't know anyone at dyno comp besides Mike and he seems like a good guy although our interactions have been very limited. I hope this whole situation is resolved soon.

Originally Posted by jrcart
Ya, that guy is a dick!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by Esh
what a pal lol thanks
Old 01-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG & BMW F10
Yeah...I miss threads like "jrcart vs jangy", "jrcart vs bus" etc :p
Old 01-05-2010, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by Zax63
It sounds like you guys are trying to be mature and work this out... damn, where is that rich guy with the clk black series when you need him? Did he get banned? We'd be having cage fights by now, or at least offering to autotransport cars to vegas for some form of "racing shootout", or maybe at least some good old fashioned threatening interspersed with moderator probations.

Good luck, gentlemen...
Na, he's an amateur comedian...
Old 01-05-2010, 08:30 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Ya, that guy is a dick!
That's it, you and me, in the cage...
Old 01-05-2010, 08:36 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Ya, that guy is a dick!
CLASSIC !!!!

Jim...seems your "pay to play" line is transcending threads Some people will never get it...
Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by Vic55
Wow that really was jr

Last edited by Yacht Master; 01-05-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Gosh this is just fugly. Hate when stuff like this happens.

I can only comment on what I know and one thing out of this entire ordeal has me puzzled.

All the other issues aside....I have no idea why Speedshift was installed on a 2003. It's not as well known as our supercharger heat issues or our I/C pumps, but it has been known for years that the CAN BUS on the 2003 was changed for the 2004's on up. Just no way that Speedshift would have worked correctly if at all on a 2003.

Here is post back from 2007 on it.

Here is another one from VRUS who concluded afterwards that it was impossible

I really respect Renn and all their work on the RAT etc, how could they have missed this?

Hope you guys get things ironed out. Mikey is like a brother to me and big props to Hooley for the offer on the tranny.

Gotta good feeling this can be hashed out.

Just wondering who would be Mikey below and who is gonna be Hooley?

Old 01-07-2010, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
thanks for the info jim. i remember victor discussing the problems with speedshift/egs programming and '03 e55's but assumed renntech had worked it out since they're speedshift is just quickens shifts and doesn't offer the added shift programs. after this entire situation, i'm not so sure anymore.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Present and accounted for

Hope it all works out for both Mikes.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jangy
...Hope it all works out for both Mikes.
fortunately mike (hooley) doesn't have any stake in the situation for anything to work out. it's dynocomp that i'm dealing with and they have been ignoring me for almost a month and are now finally saying that it's up to renntech for approval. ironically, the only payments i've ever made were to dynocomp so i'm not sure why they say i would now need to beg renntech for a partial refund of my bill.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by chiromikey
fortunately mike (hooley) doesn't have any stake in the situation for anything to work out. it's dynocomp that i'm dealing with and they have been ignoring me for almost a month and are now finally saying that it's up to renntech for approval. ironically, the only payments i've ever made were to dynocomp so i'm not sure why they say i would now need to beg renntech for a partial refund of my bill.
I hope everything works out Mikey..... both you and hooley are stand up guys
Old 01-12-2010, 07:50 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
I can vouch for Chris too!

Originally Posted by chiromikey
because i have been quiet about my car recently, apparently others seem to think that it's an opportunity to spread some dishonest information about the problems it's having. after famoso and a few other events and discussions, i was (and continue to be) contacted by several people that have believed the lies they had been told. i'm not going to get into the details yet and i'm not going to say who has done what but i feel the need to clear the air cannot wait any longer. those of you that have heard the lies will know exactly what/who i'm talking about. for the others, i will not name names at this point so please don't ask.

most of chris' parts (floored fab) have been on my car for 3yrs now and never once have i EVER had a problem with his work or fabrication. everything he has custom fabbed and/or installed has always worked flawlessly. there's a reason many of the fastest 55's in the world have his parts on their car...they work! for another shop to continuously and incorrectly point their finger at his work for the past several months and then publicly blame his work for their own shortcomings is downright disgusting to me and i've sat quiet long enough.

so bottom line, for those of you that were told at famoso or through other conversations to stay away from chris or that he caused my car's issues...please think twice about who and why you were told that! chris/floored fab or his work are NOT the blame for my car's current issues...PERIOD. rest assured, things are getting taken care of and i will be taking my aggression out on that bassn_07's car very soon!
Mikey:

To corroborate your statement here I can also attest to the great quality of Chris's work. My 2006 E55 never ever once had a problem with his mods in the 3 years that I had that car.

Regards

Phil
Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I hope everything works out Mikey..... both you and hooley are stand up guys
+1!!!

I feel really bad for Mike and the BS he has gone through with Dyno Comp. It's a shame that they need Renntech's approval to refund the money that was given to them and not Renntech.

Hooleyboy is a standup guys and his offer to help Mike with his transmission is awesome ! t's a shame his employer doesn't share the same ethics.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG 030
Originally Posted by deaguero
Mikey:

To corroborate your statement here I can also attest to the great quality of Chris's work. My 2006 E55 never ever once had a problem with his mods in the 3 years that I had that car.

Regards

Phil
+1 He installed a whole engine by him self and did it for pry a 1/3rd of a Indy shop and 4th the cost Mb. I have like 4k miles on it and hasnt leaked a drop of any thing and running good.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:44 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Mikey on the left and Hooley on the right

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Gosh this is just fugly. Hate when stuff like this happens.

I can only comment on what I know and one thing out of this entire ordeal has me puzzled.

All the other issues aside....I have no idea why Speedshift was installed on a 2003. It's not as well known as our supercharger heat issues or our I/C pumps, but it has been known for years that the CAN BUS on the 2003 was changed for the 2004's on up. Just no way that Speedshift would have worked correctly if at all on a 2003.

Here is post back from 2007 on it.

Here is another one from VRUS who concluded afterwards that it was impossible

I really respect Renn and all their work on the RAT etc, how could they have missed this?

Hope you guys get things ironed out. Mikey is like a brother to me and big props to Hooley for the offer on the tranny.

Gotta good feeling this can be hashed out.

Just wondering who would be Mikey below and who is gonna be Hooley?

Oops, I didnt't say which guy on the left and which one on the right
Old 01-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by bassn_07
+1!!!

I feel really bad for Mike and the BS he has gone through with Dyno Comp. It's a shame that they need Renntech's approval to refund the money that was given to them and not Renntech.

Hooleyboy is a standup guys and his offer to help Mike with his transmission is awesome ! t's a shame his employer doesn't share the same ethics.

In new news Dyno-Comp is now the sole distributor on RENNtech Mercedes here in AZ. If you are in AZ look for the new RENNtech sign along side Dyno-Comp's sign (to be unveiled Friday). With that said.. Yes, they need approval from RENNtech FLA.

As far as I know, There has only been emails requesting a refund. There has been nothing sent to DC or RENNtech showing that the RENNtech tuning or the process of, caused or is causing any damage. Nor has Dyno-Comp's request to speak with the technician diagnosing the problem happened.

If I was Mikey... I would show something that can physically point the finger at the problem. Send a picture or something.. But make more than just words, thoughts, and ideas.

These guys at Renntech and Dyno-Comp are good guys. In fact they are great guys. Masters at their trade even. They are simply asking for something to substantiate the RENNtech tune or process of has caused the issue.

If that is done. Mikey has to come in, have his ECU flashed back to his past file, return the RAT. Then he will receive a full refund. Its that simple. At this point it needs to become more of a war of words. I would even say... if it could be shown that something happened in the process of tuning or fixing caused an issue. I bet they would make it right.

These guys are world class at what they do. However sometimes mistakes happen. If its deemed that a mistake happened on DC's end. They will take care of it.

I personally have a pan full of fish I'm frying up. So I'm trying to stay out of it and focus on cool new things. I know text offers no emotion. SO I'm hoping what I've said in a way can help fix the issue. In turn putting all parties on a better path to a resolution. I'm confident there will be one.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
In new news Dyno-Comp is now the sole distributor on RENNtech Mercedes here in AZ. If you are in AZ look for the new RENNtech sign along side Dyno-Comp's sign (to be unveiled Friday). With that said.. Yes, they need approval from RENNtech FLA.

i didn't make any payments to renntech, only dynocomp.

As far as I know, There has only been emails requesting a refund. There has been nothing sent to DC or RENNtech showing that the RENNtech tuning or the process of, caused or is causing any damage. Nor has Dyno-Comp's request to speak with the technician diagnosing the problem happened.

mike, i've been phoning and emailing dynocomp for over a month asking for a refund. rich has yet to ruturn any of those calls and only just recently responded to any of my several emails by saying i need to send a request to renntech to justify my request.

i never claimed there was any damage caused by the renntech's tune...although the extent of the speedshift problem has yet to be investigated. dynocomp's request to speak with the mb tech is silly. they had the car in and out of their shop for 4 months so it's obvious that they don't know what's causing the problem or are too blinded to look at their own work.

If I was Mikey... I would show something that can physically point the finger at the problem. Send a picture or something.. But make more than just words, thoughts, and ideas.

i can send a picture of my broken ecu connector pin but since i'm not asking for dynocomp to replace my ecu (yet) that's beside the point. the fact that EVERYONE at dynocomp (including you) knows my car hasn't run properly since the first tune should be proof enough!!!

These guys at Renntech and Dyno-Comp are good guys. In fact they are great guys. Masters at their trade even. They are simply asking for something to substantiate the RENNtech tune or process of has caused the issue.

substantiate what? my car doesn't run properly and i'm not satisfied...isn't that enough??? don't most, if not all, respectable tuners offer a money back guarantee?

If that is done. Mikey has to come in, have his ECU flashed back to his past file, return the RAT. Then he will receive a full refund. Its that simple. At this point it needs to become more of a war of words. I would even say... if it could be shown that something happened in the process of tuning or fixing caused an issue. I bet they would make it right.

there is no need to have a past file flashed back to my ecu as it will have a stock mb file on it and i am more than anxious to ruturn the rat. i no longer have any confidence whatsoever to allow dynocomp to "make it right". i just want a small portion of the thousands i've spent with them refunded and i'll wash my hands of the rest.

These guys are world class at what they do. However sometimes mistakes happen. If its deemed that a mistake happened on DC's end. They will take care of it.

I personally have a pan full of fish I'm frying up. So I'm trying to stay out of it and focus on cool new things. I know text offers no emotion. SO I'm hoping what I've said in a way can help fix the issue. In turn putting all parties on a better path to a resolution. I'm confident there will be one.
bottom line, if renntech needs justification to authorize dynocomp to give a refund then rich should be the one to provide the justification. he should have done the right thing and went to bat for me instead of passing the buck and telling me to beg renntech for the refund. it should have been as simple as rich saying, "our valued customer who has spent more than $10k in my shop over the past couple of years isn't satisfied and wants a partial refund. let's make him happy and do that!" unfortunatley that never happened and it makes me wonder what kind of person i'm really dealing with. regardless, i did send rich and renntech my reason for the refund request. i'm sure you'll get to see it when you get to the shop.

Last edited by chiromikey; 01-13-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Literally eating popcorn as I read this. Good luck gentlemen.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I'm going to request that you are refunded. If its a bent ECU pin I will ask that they make that right too. Trust me, I want nothing more than to see you up and running again. Not only that, but to make sure you are satisfied with a resolution.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Mikey, I spoke with the guys. All You have to do is send them your ECU and RAT. They will pull the Renntech file off your ECU and put back the file of your chose. Once they receive your RAT and ECU they will refund you.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Mikey, I spoke with the guys. All You have to do is send them your ECU and RAT. They will pull the Renntech file off your ECU and put back the file of your chose. Once they receive your RAT and ECU they will refund you.
Great news..... looks like the issue is coming to an end... hopefully both parties can benefit from this
Old 01-13-2010, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Awesome Hooleyboy!!! Great job on helping Chiro through this unfortunate ordeal.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
It's good to hear it when things work out and not just the negative stuff all the time.

Makes me want to go out and get a tune from Hooleyboy and get my back cracked by Mikey.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:18 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Great news..... looks like the issue is coming to an end... hopefully both parties can benefit from this
Seems to me there's only one party benefiting from all this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: let me clear something up...