let me clear something up...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
let me clear something up...

because i have been quiet about my car recently, apparently others seem to think that it's an opportunity to spread some dishonest information about the problems it's having. after famoso and a few other events and discussions, i was (and continue to be) contacted by several people that have believed the lies they had been told. i'm not going to get into the details yet and i'm not going to say who has done what but i feel the need to clear the air cannot wait any longer. those of you that have heard the lies will know exactly what/who i'm talking about. for the others, i will not name names at this point so please don't ask.

most of chris' parts (floored fab) have been on my car for 3yrs now and never once have i EVER had a problem with his work or fabrication. everything he has custom fabbed and/or installed has always worked flawlessly. there's a reason many of the fastest 55's in the world have his parts on their car...they work! for another shop to continuously and incorrectly point their finger at his work for the past several months and then publicly blame his work for their own shortcomings is downright disgusting to me and i've sat quiet long enough.

so bottom line, for those of you that were told at famoso or through other conversations to stay away from chris or that he caused my car's issues...please think twice about who and why you were told that! chris/floored fab or his work are NOT the blame for my car's current issues...PERIOD. rest assured, things are getting taken care of and i will be taking my aggression out on that bassn_07's car very soon!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
whats going on with your car man ?
Old 01-04-2010, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
I haven't heard about anything Mikey as I am a mature adult and do not wish to waste my time with drama. I will say that I have heard nothing but good things about FF. I also have the pleasure of watching some of his parts go down the track in under 11 sec.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Then let me clear the air too.

Lets call a spade, a spade here. This really hurts me on a personal level to have to say this...

Your car came to Dyno-Comp unable to stay running correctly. Rich and his team took the time to diagnose a major vacuum leak from the aftermarket throttle body you had installed by an outside source. Your old one they install worked fine. The new one was not installed correctly.

Dyno-Comp removed the supercharger and found the source of the leak, due to incorrect installation. And fixed it.

Tuning begins, but unknown to Dyno-Comp and RENNtech, they are tuning a car with cut and butt connected o2 sensors. It is well known when extending o2 wires you cannot cut them. You have to extend the wires on the harness side. You do not cut o2 wires themselves.

After a tune was done on the cut o2 wires, you complain that things are not right. Richard does a full compression test and changes the spark plugs, feeling this may help the issue. After this, the ECU was reset and put back on the dyno. It seemed to solve the problem. Yet Dyno-Comp and RENNtech still had no idea at the time that the o2 wires had been incorrectly cut and spliced.

Meanwhile during this, Richard went above and beyond letting you dyno test the Renntech airbox. After 2 times testing it on the dyno, on 2 separate occasions you agree to order the airbox from Dyno-Comp.

Then you go around Dyno-Comp and contact RENNtech’s owner Harmut Feyhl, telling him how you think so highly of RENNtech’s products. Telling him that you are a racer looking for an airbox. You tell him you have RENNtech products already on your car. When in fact you had nothing. You precede to tell Hartmut that you are good friends with Ken Rudy. When if fact Ken hardly knows you. Hartmut found out about you lying to him and no longer offered help with any sort of sponsorship.

Richard and Ken brushed that off. Then, after chasing their tails around wondering whats up with the Renntech tune, they realize you have cut and spliced the o2 sensors. So all along they have tried to tune on a car with o2 wires that have been cut. In turn giving false and wacky readings. Thus, causing you to have a check engine light and crazy adaptations.

Richard had told you before tuning ever happened: “If you extend the o2 wires, do not cut them.” You need to extend the o2 wires on the harness side. Rich confronts you about this, and it is only then do you tell him the o2 wires had been cut beforehand. So Dyno-Comp and Renntech chased their tail on that. When it simply could have been avoided by telling the truth.

Now new o2 wires are installed on the car. Dynoing is conducted and the car. Only after 100% new maps were made, from tuning on cut o2 wires.. After some fueling issues. You tell Dyno-Comp that you ran the car out of fuel and clogged up the injectors. All injectors are replaced. More tuning is done. All seems to be running good on the dyno.

Now there is a complaint about shifting at low rpms and normal cruising speeds. Data is logged on the transmission showing faults for trans slippage. It is the conclusion that the high stall torque converter is trying to shift when not under full lockup. Causing some slight slipping, As seen in the fault codes. It is concluded this is due to you having a high stall torque converter(HSTC).

Mean while Richard and Ken have know idea you have a HSTC. It was only when I randomly told them about it did they know. It is also concluded, in my opinion, that RENNtech’s Speedshift, (install at your request) mixed with a HSTC is not a winning combo. You are asking the trans to do too many things at once(Sift fast and not under full lock-up. At low speed and rpm) So Speedshift is removed at your request, yet the problem still remains along with some others.

It is common that HSTC can cause added heat to a transmission. To what extent, IDK. Now after putting speedshift in on your request. It may or may not wanted to work in conjunction with your HSTC. Keep in mind RENNtech never intended their speedshift program to work with a HSTC. Again, it is my opinion that this could have added excess heat to the trans when trying to shift and not under full lock up. It is know that HSTC can cause some slipping of the clutch packs when shifting and not under full lock up. Thus creating heat and excess wearing of the clutches. Not to mention this is a car with 130,000 miles on it with a bunch of hard racing under its belt.

Look at my trans Mikey, I got 50k on my car and my trans is on its last leg. When you start adding big power to a car with that kind of miles on it, something might give. Its assumption of the risk. Especially when this huge power demand is coming at your request. Via new 91, 100 and 109 octane tunes. On a car with over 130,000 miles on it.

As for the RENNtech Rat no longer working on your car. That’s because you had been locked out. The RENNtech RAT will only lock itself out if it see’s an incorrect VIN ID. Now strangely enough. At the time your RAT tuner locked you out. Another E55 was in the shop to have a custom tune done. Here is where the whole thing gets interesting..

That E55 was over at your friends shop, (Floored Fab). It then comes over to Dyno-Comp for a custom tune. The file was read on that car. NOTE: At one point this E55 was tuned by Dyno-Comp from the previous owner... With a RENNtech tune. When they read the file it came up as an incorrect VIN ID for that car. Guess who’s VIN ID showed up in that car? Yours. That explains why the RAT locked you out. Someone tried to load a RENNtech file on that E55 with your RAT. Now I must say this may not have been your doing. This could have been anyone who had access to your car and the other E55. In any event, your VIN ID showed up on another car and that lead to the RAT having to be sent back to RENNtech FLA to be recoded and unlocked

When I asked you if you knew this person with the E55, you said “No.” Only to find out you traded your old throttle body for the broken engine. Sounds like you may have known them after all.

One thing I cant stand is someone who tells me one thing only to find out another. You told me you were the original owner of your car. Well, unless the Gentleman I met at Famoso who told me he sold you his car is not telling the truth.

Really though back to your car.

It was also found out after DC chased their tails again. That your catch can was wide open! Causing yet another vacuum leak. Simple fix right? Nope. After inspection on the catch can system, it was found to be routed incorrectly. It was later found that your oil cap was sucking air in and the valve cover gasket on the passenger side was leaking. All of these problems were fixed.

Now to prove that the Renntech file was still not the reason for the problems. Your old file was installed back on your car. Yet still the trans shift issue was still happening. Dyno-Comp uses STAR DAS to try and pin point the issue, Via a trained MB tech, while under the supervision of RENNtech

Dyno-Comp and RENNtech has gone above and beyond on this one. Rich has eaten hours and hours of his time. Not charging labor and free 109 race fuel. All while chasing his tail to fix your car’s issues.

To even put any blame on Renntech or Dyno-Comp is out of line. You know and I know, for a fact, that your car was not running right from the moment it showed up to Dyno-Comp. I was their to witness this.. The car was having trouble staying running.

I have pleaded with Dyno-Comp many times to get your car ready…. However they can only fix what they know is wrong with your car, and they have done that. Other than pulling your trans out and seeing worn clutch packs.

Now you ask Dyno-Comp and Renntech to refund you for the tuning and what not?….When it’s not the tune’s fault at all. It’s your car’s. The shift issue is kinda straightforward. It’s a trans issue, on a trans that has 130,000 miles on it, only then you decide to install a HSTC. After you have given that car many years of hard racing. RENNtech will not refund the tuning when there is no evidence to substantiate you claim that it’s the tune’s fault.

I wish you the best Mikey, You had and have some of the best guy in AZ working on your car. Not to mention the team at RENNtech FLA. We find it very funny that we have the 578+ whp E55 in the shop with the same mods you have, other than your catch can, and cooling box in the trunk, and HSTC. That car runs perfect. Why? Because Dyno-Comp did all the work. Not multiple people. Dyno-Comp has built 100's of AMG and has never had any issues at all.

In fact Dyno-Comp just had a car in the shop that was involved in your dyno tune day you set up. That car was pulling 11 degrees of timing. 1 degree away from the max the ECU will pull. The car was down 55whp from that Dyno day and knocking like crazy. Dyno-Comp fixed that car. The customer is now very happy with his car again.

Now your patience is running thin? When you blow off an appointment to bring your car back in? How the heck can they help you if dont even bring in your car?

The truth is there is something wrong with your car. However its not RENNtech’s tune and sure as heck isn’t the people who tried to help fix your car from day one! Maybe you should look at another place to pass the buck. Maybe you should start with your fabricator doing engine and performance instal work on a Mercedes. It could never be a problem that your friend at Floored Fab did? I think Dyno-Comp exposed that a lot of it was. If I may quote you from a conversation we had at Dyno-Comp. “Only two people work on my car, Chris at Floored Fab, and Dyno-Comp.” Well Dyno-Comp never did any of the work that is causing your cars issues. They found issues your car was having from day one and fixed them.

Here is a list of mod you have that Dyno-Comp DID NOT do.

Headers
Exhaust
Catch can/ crank case ventilation
Heat exchanger
High Stall Torque Converter
Rear cooling tank
Pulley install
Throttle body install and fabrication
Cutting o2 sensor wires

Here is the list of mods Dyno-Comp installed:
SLR style Cams (working fine)
Renntech airbox (working fine)

So who is doing the majority of mod work on your car? Not Dyno-Comp.

I’m sure you have told your side of the story to people via PM’s and have them 100% convinced that you have been put though the ringer. None of this can be your fault right? The question is.. Did they know all of this?

One more thing. You tell all of us in the “AZ west coast shootout” thread, that your car is at the dealer. Post #128 . Only to find out that your car was not at the dealer when you made that post. Dyno-Comp asked to speak with the MB tech who was working on your car. To try and help solve your issue. You didn’t allow Dyno-Comp to speak to the tech for unknown reasons.

Also note: that you car does not even have speedshift on it. It was removed from your car at your request and never put back on. You talk about lies being said at Famoso.. That is so far from the truth.

It is so unfortunate that this has come to this level. In the end it will make all party’s look bad. Seeing this whole thing unfold first hand.. I stand behind my partner Dyno-Comp and their expertise. Although I had nothing to do with the dyno tuning and fixing of Mikey's car.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by chiromikey
because i have been quiet about my car recently, apparently others seem to think that it's an opportunity to spread some dishonest information about the problems it's having. after famoso and a few other events and discussions, i was (and continue to be) contacted by several people that have believed the lies they had been told. i'm not going to get into the details yet and i'm not going to say who has done what but i feel the need to clear the air cannot wait any longer. those of you that have heard the lies will know exactly what/who i'm talking about. for the others, i will not name names at this point so please don't ask.

most of chris' parts (floored fab) have been on my car for 3yrs now and never once have i EVER had a problem with his work or fabrication. everything he has custom fabbed and/or installed has always worked flawlessly. there's a reason many of the fastest 55's in the world have his parts on their car...they work! for another shop to continuously and incorrectly point their finger at his work for the past several months and then publicly blame his work for their own shortcomings is downright disgusting to me and i've sat quiet long enough.

so bottom line, for those of you that were told at famoso or through other conversations to stay away from chris or that he caused my car's issues...please think twice about who and why you were told that! chris/floored fab or his work are NOT the blame for my car's current issues...PERIOD. rest assured, things are getting taken care of and i will be taking my aggression out on that bassn_07's car very soon!

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
Lets call a spade, a spade here. This really hurts me on a personal level to have to say this...

Your car came to Dyno-Comp unable to stay running correctly. Rich and his team took the time to diagnose a major vacuum leak from the aftermarket throttle body you had installed by an outside source. Your old one they install worked fine. The new one was not installed correctly.

Dyno-Comp removed the supercharger and found the source of the leak, due to incorrect installation. And fixed it.

Tuning begins, but unknown to Dyno-Comp and RENNtech, they are tuning a car with cut and butt connected o2 sensors. It is well known when extending o2 wires you cannot cut them. You have to extend the wires on the harness side. You do not cut o2 wires themselves.

After a tune was done on the cut o2 wires, you complain that things are not right. Richard does a full compression test and changes the spark plugs, feeling this may help the issue. After this, the ECU was reset and put back on the dyno. It seemed to solve the problem. Yet Dyno-Comp and RENNtech still had no idea at the time that the o2 wires had been incorrectly cut and spliced.

Meanwhile during this, Richard went above and beyond letting you dyno test the Renntech airbox. After 2 times testing it on the dyno, on 2 separate occasions you agree to order the airbox from Dyno-Comp.

Then you go around Dyno-Comp and contact RENNtech’s owner Harmut Feyhl, telling him how you think so highly of RENNtech’s products. Telling him that you are a racer looking for an airbox. You tell him you have RENNtech products already on your car. When in fact you had nothing. You precede to tell Hartmut that you are good friends with Ken Rudy. When if fact Ken hardly knows you. Hartmut found out about you lying to him and no longer offered help with any sort of sponsorship.

Richard and Ken brushed that off. Then, after chasing their tails around wondering whats up with the Renntech tune, they realize you have cut and spliced the o2 sensors. So all along they have tried to tune on a car with o2 wires that have been cut. In turn giving false and wacky readings. Thus, causing you to have a check engine light and crazy adaptations.

Richard had told you before tuning ever happened: “If you extend the o2 wires, do not cut them.” You need to extend the o2 wires on the harness side. Rich confronts you about this, and it is only then do you tell him the o2 wires had been cut beforehand. So Dyno-Comp and Renntech chased their tail on that. When it simply could have been avoided by telling the truth.

Now new o2 wires are installed on the car. Dynoing is conducted and the car. Only after 100% new maps were made, from tuning on cut o2 wires.. After some fueling issues. You tell Dyno-Comp that you ran the car out of fuel and clogged up the injectors. All injectors are replaced. More tuning is done. All seems to be running good on the dyno.

Now there is a complaint about shifting at low rpms and normal cruising speeds. Data is logged on the transmission showing faults for trans slippage. It is the conclusion that the high stall torque converter is trying to shift when not under full lockup. Causing some slight slipping, As seen in the fault codes. It is concluded this is due to you having a high stall torque converter(HSTC).

Mean while Richard and Ken have know idea you have a HSTC. It was only when I randomly told them about it did they know. It is also concluded, in my opinion, that RENNtech’s Speedshift, (install at your request) mixed with a HSTC is not a winning combo. You are asking the trans to do too many things at once(Sift fast and not under full lock-up. At low speed and rpm) So Speedshift is removed at your request, yet the problem still remains along with some others.

It is common that HSTC can cause added heat to a transmission. To what extent, IDK. Now after putting speedshift in on your request. It may or may not wanted to work in conjunction with your HSTC. Keep in mind RENNtech never intended their speedshift program to work with a HSTC. Again, it is my opinion that this could have added excess heat to the trans when trying to shift and not under full lock up. It is know that HSTC can cause some slipping of the clutch packs when shifting and not under full lock up. Thus creating heat and excess wearing of the clutches. Not to mention this is a car with 130,000 miles on it with a bunch of hard racing under its belt.

Look at my trans Mikey, I got 50k on my car and my trans is on its last leg. When you start adding big power to a car with that kind of miles on it, something might give. Its assumption of the risk. Especially when this huge power demand is coming at your request. Via new 91, 100 and 109 octane tunes. On a car with over 130,000 miles on it.

As for the RENNtech Rat no longer working on your car. That’s because you had been locked out. The RENNtech RAT will only lock itself out if it see’s an incorrect VIN ID. Now strangely enough. At the time your RAT tuner locked you out. Another E55 was in the shop to have a custom tune done. Here is where the whole thing gets interesting..

That E55 was over at your friends shop, (Floored Fab). It then comes over to Dyno-Comp for a custom tune. The file was read on that car. NOTE: At one point this E55 was tuned by Dyno-Comp from the previous owner... With a RENNtech tune. When they read the file it came up as an incorrect VIN ID for that car. Guess who’s VIN ID showed up in that car? Yours. That explains why the RAT locked you out. Someone tried to load a RENNtech file on that E55 with your RAT. Now I must say this may not have been your doing. This could have been anyone who had access to your car and the other E55. In any event, your VIN ID showed up on another car and that lead to the RAT having to be sent back to RENNtech FLA to be recoded and unlocked

When I asked you if you knew this person with the E55, you said “No.” Only to find out you traded your old throttle body for the broken engine. Sounds like you may have known them after all.

One thing I cant stand is someone who tells me one thing only to find out another. You told me you were the original owner of your car. Well, unless the Gentleman I met at Famoso who told me he sold you his car is not telling the truth.

It was also found out after DC chased their tails again. That your catch can was wide open! Causing yet another vacuum leak. Simple fix right? Nope. After inspection on the catch can system, it was found to be routed incorrectly. It was later found that your oil cap was sucking air in and the valve cover gasket on the passenger side was leaking. All of these problems were fixed.

Now to prove that the Renntech file was still not the reason for the problems. Your old file was installed back on your car. Yet still the trans shift issue was still happening. Dyno-Comp uses STAR DAS to try and pin point the issue, Via a trained MB tech, while under the supervision of RENNtech

Dyno-Comp and RENNtech has gone above and beyond on this one. Rich has eaten hours and hours of his time. Not charging labor and free 109 race fuel. All while chasing his tail to fix your car’s issues.

To even put any blame on Renntech or Dyno-Comp is out of line. You know and I know, for a fact, that your car was not running right from the moment it showed up to Dyno-Comp. I was their to witness this.. The car was having trouble staying running.

I have pleaded with Dyno-Comp many times to get your car ready…. However they can only fix what they know is wrong with your car, and they have done that. Other than pulling your trans out and seeing worn clutch packs.

Now you ask Dyno-Comp and Renntech to refund you for the tuning and what not?….When it’s not the tune’s fault at all. It’s your car’s. The shift issue is kinda straightforward. It’s a trans issue, on a trans that has 130,000 miles on it, only then you decide to install a HSTC. After you have given that car many years of hard racing. RENNtech will not refund the tuning when there is no evidence to substantiate you claim that it’s the tune’s fault.

I wish you the best Mikey, You had and have some of the best guy in AZ working on your car. Not to mention the team at RENNtech FLA. We find it very funny that we have the 578+ whp E55 in the shop with the same mods you have, other than your catch can, and cooling box in the trunk, and HSTC. That car runs perfect. Why? Because Dyno-Comp did all the work. Not multiple people. Dyno-Comp has built 100's of AMG and has never had any issues at all.

In fact Dyno-Comp just had a car in the shop that was involved in your dyno tune day you set up. That car was pulling 11 degrees of timing. 1 degree away from the max the ECU will pull. The car was down 55whp from that Dyno day and knocking like crazy. Dyno-Comp fixed that car. The customer is now very happy with his car again.

Now your patience is running thin? When you blow off an appointment to bring your car back in? How the heck can they help you if dont even bring in your car?

The truth is there is something wrong with your car. However its not RENNtech’s tune and sure as heck isn’t the people who tried to help fix your car from day one! Maybe you should look at another place to pass the buck. Maybe you should start with your fabricator doing engine and performance instal work on a Mercedes. It could never be a problem that your friend at Floored Fab did? I think Dyno-Comp exposed that a lot of it was. If I may quote you from a conversation we had at Dyno-Comp. “Only two people work on my car, Chris at Floored Fab, and Dyno-Comp.” Well Dyno-Comp never did any of the work that is causing your cars issues. They found issues your car was having from day one and fixed them.

Headers
Exhaust
Heat exchanger
Rear cooling tank
Pulley install
Cutting o2 sensor wires

I’m sure you have told your side of the story to people via PM’s and have them 100% convinced that you have been put though the ringer. None of this can be your fault right? The question is.. Did they know all of this?

One more thing. You tell all of us in the “AZ west coast shootout” thread, that your car is at the dealer. Post #128 . Only to find out that your car was not at the dealer when you made that post. Dyno-Comp asked to speak with the MB tech who was working on your car. To try and help solve your issue. You didn’t allow Dyno-Comp to speak to the tech for unknown reasons.

Also note: that you car does not even have speedshift on it. It was removed from your car at your request and never put back on. You talk about lies being said at Famoso.. That is so far from the truth.

It is so unfortunate that this has come to this level. In the end it will make all party’s look bad. Seeing this whole thing unfold first hand.. I stand behind my partner Dyno-Comp and their expertise. Although I had nothing to do with the dyno tuning and fixing of Mikey's car.
Very elaborate post, but I would really suggest to not post anymore until some facts are straightened out specifically with proof and solid evidence. I will not say more at this point.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Very elaborate post, but I would really suggest to not post anymore until some facts are straightened out specifically with proof and solid evidence. I will not say more at this point.

I didn't even want to post it. I guess people will have know Idea how much it hurt me to have to say it.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Whoa! Didn't know it got this deep...
Old 01-05-2010, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
I didn't even want to post it. I guess people will have know Idea how much it hurt me to have to say it.
I'm sure it did hurt but you seemed to go into quite a bit detail for not wanting to post.....
Old 01-05-2010, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mike, i like you and i didn't want to get into this but you are so misinformed that it's not even funny. you need to quit drinking the dyncomp coolaid.

[QUOTE=MBH motorsports;3881549]Lets call a spade, a spade here. This really hurts me on a personal level to have to say this...

this is what they said...but their so called correction never fixed any of the problems.

the car has had extended o2 wires for over 2yrs without a single cel. as soon as dyncomp tuned the car, the cel came on. why all of a sudden would 4 perfectly running o2 sensors go bad when nothing else had changed???

i was told that hartmut wanted to talk with me about sponsorship and was asked to give him a call, so i did. he agreed to send me an airbox and connect me with a nitto tire sponsorship if i would agree to allow my car to be filmed at track events and discuss renntech. ken/rich/dyncomp found out that they were getting cut out of thier sales commission for the airbox and threw a fit. instead of stepping on any toes, i IMMEDIATELY told him i would pay full price for the airbox (which i did)!

this makes no sense as i would have no reason to lie when i want my car to run properly. i paid dynocomp more money to correct the situation and install new o2 sensors per their specs. funny...it only corrected the problem temporarly!

my car ran out of fuel because it went from running perfectly and getting over 20mpg freeway to only getting 12mpg after dynocomp. i ran out of gas because i was only getting 200 miles per tank instead of 300+ and completely underestimated my range after the tune!!!

sorry, this is absolutely false. ken NEVER data logged any trans fault codes, nor has the dealership where the car is now. the original speedshift program caused a horrendous 2-3 gear shift at wot. i told this to ken and he in turn told renntech florida to pay my complaints no mind because it was just due to a high mileage transmission. funny how he could come to that (or any) conclusion since he had never even test drove the car once that problem began!!!

again, COMPLETELY FALSE! i gave ken a verbal compilation and complete written list of mods on my car before tuning ever began.

if renntech never intended for speedshift to work with a tc, then ken should have informed me since was well aware of the tc before any work ever began. i have no doubt my trans is worn...but it never had problems before speedshift. btw, i'm not the only one to have problem with the exact same 2-3 gear shift after this mod!

the car was in dynocomp's possession when ken told me the rat wasn't working. i never even knew the rat had a problem until ken mentioned it. however, now that you brought it up, even the replacement rat device doesn't load programs properly

sorry buddy, we never discussed anyone using my rat. i sold my tb to a local e55 owner but i never traded anything to anyone. in fact, i never even came in contact with that owner as it was sold through a mutual friend.

i've never told anyone i was the original owner. I BOUGHT THE CAR FROM AN AD ON THIS FORUM! my good friend phil even lists me as the owner of his old e55 in his signature and it's been that way for years![/b]

sorry, again with the coolaid. the catch can was routed properly and has been for years. dynocomp first said they fixed it's vacuum leaks but after that didn't cure any of the new problems, they rerouted it as a breather system. unfortunately that didn't relieve any of the cel's and only caused the car to run worse!!!

what is funny is that i contracted dynocomp/renntech to "custom" tune my car. after all the problems rich and ken both have the nerve to say to me "it can't be the tune, we're running the same tune on several other cars". wow, some custom tune i got! sounds more like a canned tuned with a little bit of tweaking.

i've paid dynocomp over $7500 for what was supposed to be $1000 tune and i have always been charged for any fuel they've used and i've got the receipts to prove it. he may have eaten some hours but i can assure you that i've paid out plenty!!! the dealer has found a broken connector pin on my ecu which will cost me even more money. and before you tell me dynocomp tunes through obd2, i know for a fact that they've had my ecu disconnected on more than one occassion.

it was tuned for my old tb and just had the 82mm one istalled. it ran but ran very lean afterwards but it had no problems running. i know this for a fact because i drove it there!!!

and i've always thanked you for that. however after 4 months of them pointing their fingers at work that isn't theirs, me throwing money to them to correct it no matter what the problem they came up with, and it only causing MORE PROBLEMS and MORE CEL'S i've had enough. i have no problem spending money on clutch packs but that's not going to fix a car throwing cel's for performance codes, map sensor codes, tb codes, and o2 sensor codes.

so now you speak for renntech? they're not going to refund my money? after all the money i spent, i only asked for a refund on the tune! i didn't ask them to refund any the labor or parts that didn't correct the problems nor have i asked them to replace the ecu that now has a broken connector pin. if you are in fact speaking on behalf of dyncomp or renntech, should i include you in my lawsuit (which will be for the entire amount plus ecu and diagnostic money spent to find/fix the problems) if they don't refund a fraction of the money i spent with them?

no need to comment on stuff i don't have any part of.

blow off an appointment!?!? dynocomp had my car in and out of their shop for 4 friggin months. how much more time to they need??? btw, i didn't blow them off, i took the car to the dealership for das diagnosis! for a shop like dynocomp who does work on these cars not to have a das system is pathetic! they could have easily paid for one with my contributions alone![/b]

the car ran perfectly for years with floored fabs products and didn't have a single hicup until dyncomp. that fact speaks for itself!

Headers
Exhaust
Heat%

Last edited by chiromikey; 01-06-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mike, i like you and i didn't want to get into this but you are so misinformed that it's not even funny. you need to quit drinking the dyncomp coolaid.

for someone that has nothing to do with the tuning or (not)fixing of my car you sure have a lot to say on the subject. unfortuntley most of it misinformation and/or downright lies. i don't believe you to be a bad person but you are drinking the coolaid and really don't know what you're talking about! it would never have come to this if i didn't have to hear about the continuous badmouthing you guys were doing at famoso toward an honest fabricator that is responsible for some of the quickest/fastest 55's in the world.

No one was ever bad mouthing Chris at FF. I think Chris does exceptional fabrication. I say we sit down and have a beer. And lets see if I can help work out this mess. It is 100% unfortunate for all thats involved. Mikey I consider you a friend. I'm beside myself with all of this. I want more than anything to race with you, have drinks, shoot the sht, and most importantly get your car in the best possible shape it can be in.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No one was ever bad mouthing Chris at FF. I think Chris does exceptional fabrication. I say we sit down and have a beer. And lets see if I can help work out this mess. It is 100% unfortunate for all thats involved. Mikey I consider you a friend. I'm beside myself with all of this. I want more than anything to race with you, have drinks, shoot the sht, and most importantly get your car in the best possible shape it can be in.
unfortunately i've received several phone calls and emails saying the opposite was said about chris, all naming the dynocomp people as the initiators. i finally just had to try to put an end to it. regardless, i sincerely appreciate that response mike and sitting down for a beer sounds really damned good right now.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

unfortunately i've received several phone calls and emails saying the opposite was said about chris, all naming the dynocomp people as the initiators. i finally just had to try to put an end to it. regardless, i sincerely appreciate that response mike and sitting down for a beer sounds really damned good right now.

As I said in a PM to ya

Here is my offer:
If it turns out to be a clutch pack issue I will pay to have your trans shipped to and from the place you want to repair the clutch's. (I have a shipping faculty at my office)

If it is not I will pay for the uninstall of the transmission to check the clutch packs. I will be paying out of my pocket too.

I 100% stand by this offer, and hope you hold me to it.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
wow!!

Nice to see you guys sift through all that and see what is important.
(beer).

Kidding guys. I really hope this all works out and the drama can cease

Mikey, Hooley, good luck

Last edited by juicee63; 01-05-2010 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Crossfire SRT6
Now that it's safe to post in here. I can't wait till we all race again. Now how many times do I have to tell you both? InMotion USA is the best tuner and Needswings is the best fabricator out there. Wait till one day I hit the lotto and step up to an E with an IM tune. Watch out. Let me know when the Kumbaya is. Hope it's on my side of town, like a wed morn at IHOP, hint hint.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Thank god for BEER . Would disagreements ever get solved otherwise?!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I have always heard great things about DynoComp and have always respected (and appreciated) their efforts and great accomplishments over the past few years on many cars. In fact, I don't even recall reading or hearing about one negative feedback towards them at all. This incident has (unfortunately) changed that view/picture of this good solid reputation rather drastically - especially when it's drawn by a long-time and well-respected member as ChiroMikey Richard and Mike are very knowledgeable, very friendly individuals, and probably some of the most passionate car enthusiasts I've ever met, which sadly makes this thread an even more painful read But regardless of the finger-pointing, and without knowing more details, it seems that there was a serious break down of even a very basic fundamental communications took place For example,

1) DynoComp claimed they did not know the mods on ChiroMikey's car until they started digging deeper into it, yet ChiroMikey stated that he has given them a complete list of mods very early in the process, which would've been required for a "proper" custom tune anyways.... so which happened?

2) ChiroMikey's car seemed to have never had any shifting problems in the past even under two different tunes from two different companies let alone all the CEL codes he got.....

3) After the first problem/fix scenario did not work, I think there should've been a serious pause/hault of all work on ChiroMikey's car to try and analyze/diagnose why the suggested solution didn't work and what could be done to make it work

Again, this is a sad situation all around, and I hope it gets resolved in a mutual and friendly manner rather than in the court system where things tend to get very "messy".

Last edited by MB_Forever; 01-05-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:38 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG

Headers
Exhaust
Heat exchanger
Rear cooling tank
Pulley install
Cutting o2 sensor wires

Thank you thank you

The smoke a mirrors hide behind PM's mentality of this board is SO annoying. It looks like this is the real story. Thank you MBH for correcting the lies and misinformation.

Oh and
Old 01-05-2010, 05:42 AM

2019 s560 sedan
Let me bust out some popcorn for this !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Esh

E55
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
Let me bust out some popcorn for this !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:42 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
It sounds like you guys are trying to be mature and work this out... damn, where is that rich guy with the clk black series when you need him? Did he get banned? We'd be having cage fights by now, or at least offering to autotransport cars to vegas for some form of "racing shootout", or maybe at least some good old fashioned threatening interspersed with moderator probations.

Good luck, gentlemen...
Old 01-05-2010, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
Stick with it Mikey. We would all like to see you back up and running strong!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Mikey and I are friends. I'm confident we will get this worked out,
Old 01-05-2010, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Zax63
It sounds like you guys are trying to be mature and work this out... damn, where is that rich guy with the clk black series when you need him? Did he get banned? We'd be having cage fights by now, or at least offering to autotransport cars to vegas for some form of "racing shootout", or maybe at least some good old fashioned threatening interspersed with moderator probations.

Good luck, gentlemen...
Ya, that guy is a dick!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by jrcart
Ya, that guy is a dick!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by jrcart
Ya, that guy is a dick!

Man my eyes hurt after reading all of that

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: let me clear something up...