W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide - should I trade my GTR for a 996TT modded?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Vyper, guys like you give Porsche owners a bad name. Your arrogance oozes through your posts. I would love to experience your tough talk in person. My guess is that the rest of you is not as courageous as your fingers.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
[quote=Cylinder Head;3904058]I've been in a few scuffles here...[quote]

I'm SHOCKED

Your membership in the forum circuit is indeed impressive young grasshopper. I bow to your superior forum etiquette and look forward to learning from a true master of forum domains.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:51 PM

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Rock
Vyper, guys like you give Porsche owners a bad name. Your arrogance oozes through your posts. I would love to experience your tough talk in person. My guess is that the rest of you is not as courageous as your fingers.
I live in SE Virginia and would be happy 'talk' if you feel the need for proof of my talk. Don't offer unless you can back it up and really don't take these posts to ridiculous lows. Enjoy your car and try and stick to relevant points.

Arrogance is often mistaken for confidence and experience but be clear that 'head' is the one who demonstrated the immaturity he is apparently known for. Responding with 'wanna-be' was a simple retort to his derogatory comments about other car brand owners.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Unfortunately some of the "insight" of Wiedeking's ended up with a VAG takeover.

Mr. "No risk, no fun" wasn't God after all, just like the cars.

Anyway, that's a whole other convoluted and opinionated history that I think I'll stay out of now and save for another rainy day.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
I'm keeping GTR its just too fast and good for now. I can't think of a replacement even.
I can think of stable mates, but no replacement. I don't know what will be able to replace 640HP and can put it to the ground so well.

I'm looking for a DD. Its been a while since I've had a second or third car, and its weird -- i think what prompted me to look into getting rid of gtr is that i can't handle it every day and on long trips.
I have an FJ Cruiser that I bought in some dream that I would start offroading again, but I never use it and its parked in my garage, so Im gonna sell that and I'm looking for a Bentley CGT that I'm going to mod similar to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0HHlQb9hzw&fmt=37

Last edited by Fantasm; 01-21-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by vyper340
I live in SE Virginia and would be happy 'talk' if you feel the need for proof of my talk. Don't offer unless you can back it up and really don't take these posts to ridiculous lows. Enjoy your car and try and stick to relevant points.
You are starting to frighten me with your MMA keyboard skills. Please spare me tough guy.

Originally Posted by vyper340
Arrogance is often mistaken for confidence and experience but be clear that 'head' is the one who demonstrated the immaturity he is apparently known for. Responding with 'wanna-be' was a simple retort to his derogatory comments about other car brand owners.
No I'm pretty sure that I sense arrogance but if you want to call it "confidence and experience".... well okay. I hope you get over yourself someday.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I think the OP got the info he wanted or the discussion surrounding his post... so its closing time as we have wandered off the beaten path into the "Im smarter than you and can articulate better" syndrome. We dont need it- if you like the GTR- you are correct and if you like the 996TT you are correct too (not really )

CH- I loved the Swedish PP as the substitute- it worked and now Im hard as a/or like our member ROCK!!!