E55 AMG vs MODDED 09 CTS-V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
CTS-V mods...

9.5" crank pulley, cold air intake, idler pulley, and 160 thermostat,SCT tuner with pre-loaded Max performane tune.

car should be capabale of 11.3-11.5
Old 01-22-2010, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
I don't want to even start any type of bull***** that the V is stock. I'm prob 1 of the most unbiased guys on this forum but if ne1 has the ***** to tell me its stock then your class A loser and not worth spending a breathe on. No god dam way 1 gear we stay side by side and it turns into 3 bus lengths before I can get out of 4th gear.

I don't know what mods he has but that car is spraying no if and or buts about it. Maybe he just has nos and no other mods and that's not stock in my books.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by cts-v2009
this is replay from cts-v owner in caddlic forum

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-a...-ctsv-e63.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-a...-09-cts-v.html

Hahaha love it! I just hope they post up the video of their highly modded C63 against this bone stock CTS-V. It's funny how they think the car has nitrous, headers, etc etc. If it did, it would have walked them by 30 buslengths lol.
Dued are you out dam mind or are u just bustn chops. That car is without a doubt spraying. I don't care what anyone says. He told us he ran dead even with a stock c63 last night.

Cut the crap dued. Find me a srock ctsv in the new york area ill go to him ??? I even made a username and asked those guys on the ctsv forum if ne1 wants to run. Do a search.

Find me a V , I'm confident I will beat 1 that's not spraying. No hold on, I will beat a stock ctsv....
Old 01-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
CLOSE YOUR EYES GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If there is a modded E55 out here please get him back for me . LOL j/k all fun but car is sick fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUTtIPlycIo
Its time to mod your car to Stage 5

everyone knows ItalianStallion doesn't have any stock cars and everyone of his vehicles have been modded. Hes was probably just messing around with you when he said its stock.

That car must be trapping at least 10mph over you in 1/4 mile
Old 01-22-2010, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
LMFAO! Nitrous...

Ok ok I can't resist anymore LOL! It was fun seeing everyone speculate and wonder what I have. Do I have the Vin Diesel nitrous bottles under the pass. seat? Do I have camshaft, headers, heads, meth, etc etc?

All I can say is NO. And I do NOT have 700hp or run 10's LOL. I do not have NAWZZZZ. Not even close.

Nobody asked me if I was modded lol. And yes, I did run even with a C63 once. I lost traction and it was a short race and the guy left, so I didn't lie. When Mthis told me "you know you're gonna lose, right?" I was actually expecting a good possibility that I would get pulled. In other threads, he spoke about beating highly modded E55's. I know MB World and the guys on it and their cars. Highly modded E55's are FAST and if that C63 is running with them or beating them, then I figured it would be a good race or I would lose.

On the 1st run against the C63, we did it from a 45 roll. My tires spun bad and my car bogged. It regained traction but it was too late. The C63 had Mickey Thompsons on and it was no problem for him. I was not so lucky.

On the 2nd run, we did a 65 pull and I edged him out by a bit.

3rd run we tried going from a roll but as I slowed down and was downshifting, Mthis just took off. Then he pulled onto the shoulder and we didn't know what was going on. We wanted the Evo to run him because I think it would have been a good race, with the C probably pulling it as speeds climb.

As far as this E55 run...it's all fun man! We just wanted the Evo to run you because he wanted to gauge how fast his car is. Also, I never "just left" you guys lol. I had no idea where I was either and I needed to get home since it was late. Then the cop came out and you guys were way behind.

The reason I don't disclose my mods is because I race and sometimes for money. Nobody tells eachother what they got especially on the internet where everyone researches who's got what. Also...you guys seemed SO confident that I figured I was in for quite the race. You can basically figure it out but I do not have nitrous, any inner engine work, headers, exhaust.

I ran at the track once and got a high 11 and didn't trap above 120mph. I know Mthis trapped at 120 so I figured it would be good.

There was no lying. No sneaky pete manuevers haha. You guys just should have come knowing that there was a chance you would lose. I once ran my 650rwhp C6 Z06 against a stock-looking Mistubishi Evo for a couple hundred dollars on a 1/4 mile run. He swore he just had a tune and exhaust. He pulled on me and kept pulling, even past the 1/4 mile. I found out he had 800whp+. You guys learned a valuable lesson tonight. One that might save you some dough and embarassment in the future.

Runs were a lot of fun though and I had a good time. Thank God no cops busted us and nobody got hurt (although the Evo almost wiped out!).

Mthis, your car is very fast and sounds fierce! I couldn't get over the V8 roar coming out of those tailpipes. It sounded great on the highway when you were ahead of us. And the blacked out look....death on wheels bro. My girl thought your car was gangstaaaa and so did I. Now get that front lip bolted up, get a few more goodies together, and we'll have a rematch

E55AMGGG04, I'm glad you had the clean runs with Rob. After all, that is what you guys came for, right? It shows the 63 has no superiority to the 55k. In fact, just a few grand and your car shouldn't have a problem handling the MHP C63 too bad you couldn't run the Evo. I think it would have been a really good race. He tried running you guys and wanted to go at it so bad. They went back to our territory and did some races over there so at least they didn't go home with no action.

I'm sure we'll see eachother again at meets and probably at the track. If you really want some races and some $$$ then hit me up and we'll get things set up for you guys.

Drive safe and keep modding.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Find me a V , I'm confident I will beat 1 that's not spraying. No hold on, I will beat a stock ctsv....
Nah, you'll lose dude. I ran a car that trapped 119 in the 1/4 mile and has really good top end. I was bone stock and he had his a-game on. He only pulled a half length on me from 40-160.

I owned an M5 and have plenty of experience with AMG's. The CTS-V in stock form is slightly faster than both. It won't be rape, but he'll beat you.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
LMFAO! Nitrous...

Ok ok I can't resist anymore LOL! It was fun seeing everyone speculate and wonder what I have. Do I have the Vin Diesel nitrous bottles under the pass. seat? Do I have camshaft, headers, heads, meth, etc etc?

All I can say is NO. And I do NOT have 700hp or run 10's LOL. I do not have NAWZZZZ. Not even close.

Nobody asked me if I was modded lol. And yes, I did run even with a C63 once. I lost traction and it was a short race and the guy left, so I didn't lie. When Mthis told me "you know you're gonna lose, right?" I was actually expecting a good possibility that I would get pulled. In other threads, he spoke about beating highly modded E55's. I know MB World and the guys on it and their cars. Highly modded E55's are FAST and if that C63 is running with them or beating them, then I figured it would be a good race or I would lose.

On the 1st run against the C63, we did it from a 45 roll. My tires spun bad and my car bogged. It regained traction but it was too late. The C63 had Mickey Thompsons on and it was no problem for him. I was not so lucky.

On the 2nd run, we did a 65 pull and I edged him out by a bit.

3rd run we tried going from a roll but as I slowed down and was downshifting, Mthis just took off. Then he pulled onto the shoulder and we didn't know what was going on. We wanted the Evo to run him because I think it would have been a good race, with the C probably pulling it as speeds climb.

As far as this E55 run...it's all fun man! We just wanted the Evo to run you because he wanted to gauge how fast his car is. Also, I never "just left" you guys lol. I had no idea where I was either and I needed to get home since it was late. Then the cop came out and you guys were way behind.

The reason I don't disclose my mods is because I race and sometimes for money. Nobody tells eachother what they got especially on the internet where everyone researches who's got what. Also...you guys seemed SO confident that I figured I was in for quite the race. You can basically figure it out but I do not have nitrous, any inner engine work, headers, exhaust.

I ran at the track once and got a high 11 and didn't trap above 120mph. I know Mthis trapped at 120 so I figured it would be good.

There was no lying. No sneaky pete manuevers haha. You guys just should have come knowing that there was a chance you would lose. I once ran my 650rwhp C6 Z06 against a stock-looking Mistubishi Evo for a couple hundred dollars on a 1/4 mile run. He swore he just had a tune and exhaust. He pulled on me and kept pulling, even past the 1/4 mile. I found out he had 800whp+. You guys learned a valuable lesson tonight. One that might save you some dough and embarassment in the future.

Runs were a lot of fun though and I had a good time. Thank God no cops busted us and nobody got hurt (although the Evo almost wiped out!).

Mthis, your car is very fast and sounds fierce! I couldn't get over the V8 roar coming out of those tailpipes. It sounded great on the highway when you were ahead of us. And the blacked out look....death on wheels bro. My girl thought your car was gangstaaaa and so did I. Now get that front lip bolted up, get a few more goodies together, and we'll have a rematch

E55AMGGG04, I'm glad you had the clean runs with Rob. After all, that is what you guys came for, right? It shows the 63 has no superiority to the 55k. In fact, just a few grand and your car shouldn't have a problem handling the MHP C63 too bad you couldn't run the Evo. I think it would have been a really good race. He tried running you guys and wanted to go at it so bad. They went back to our territory and did some races over there so at least they didn't go home with no action.

I'm sure we'll see eachother again at meets and probably at the track. If you really want some races and some $$$ then hit me up and we'll get things set up for you guys.

Drive safe and keep modding.
Yo bro I never said that u going to lose to Me. That was e55amg that said it to u. Now I know why u car was so pissed at my car lol.

Thnks for the pros but u car is just str8 sleeper.
P:s I need the vet doc ctsv to push me from behind to beat u lol u top end is no joke.

Last edited by mthis; 01-22-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:04 PM

///M5 Beast
I dont think anyone came there to race for money, it was just friendly runs so i dont think we could have learned anything... It was for all in good fun, in these situations doesnt everyone disclose mods, what does anyone have to lose?

BTW we ran the evo, we spun 1st gear and than started pulling, and pulled really good after 100mph, i recorded it, got a nice shot of it, E55AMGGG04 will put it up.

Anyways, it was fun we have to do it again.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:09 PM

If you're racing for money its time to pop hoods and rev. As a current 09 v owner i'd have to say that itln stln is probally running 9.5" crank pulley, cold air intake, idler pulley, and 160 thermostat,SCT tuner with pre-loaded Max performane tune, just like prodigy mb stated. If thats the case than Itln stln needs to get his V on a dyno and tune it accordingly. He's losing ALOT off the table by using a generic "pre-loaded" tune.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Itallianstallion: a few things got cleared up. I did race the evo I spun bad in 1st evo jumped out in front and I reeled him in and started pulling. I will show u the video.

I came for the e63 yeah but I really wanted a stock ctsv but its all good. It was all fun and games. Your car is fast.

I thought your V was stock and I was the one who said your going to lose cauz his car I know is fast. Neway good some things got cleared up. It was fun.

Ill post the race with the evo later.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by cts-v2009
Motor trend video : cts-v manual ... ( auto is faster )

car and driver video : as they mentioned they ve used mannual pre-production car and also they mentioned in the magazine auto cts-v is faster as they couldnt find any auto cts-v during the day of this test

This video for my stock cts-v sunning from 0-130 mph in 14.7 sec ... E55 i think is doing that in more than 17 sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHK1KmRzaUc
Not all Stock E55's I get to 120+mph in under 12sec
Old 01-22-2010, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Please post up the Evo video because I want to show it to them haha. No C63 vs CTS-V vid though? Damn...oh well

And it's just a rule, everybody who races in my area keeps their mouths shut about what they got because everybody else is lying about what they have.

I thought you guys run for money and do real races. I thought I saw a thread on here where a Stage __ E55 was going to race the MHP C63 for dough or something. I don't follow these forums too much anymore anyway, but just from seeing all the race videos and posts I thought you guys were straight up Johnny Tran and Dom Terreto lol

But yeah, some people on this thread are pretty spot on about my mods lol. It doesn't take much at all to make the CTS-V go fast. A nicely modded one, like BLACKMAX's Vette Doctor's V is in the 10's easy for maybe 7 grand. Daily driver too. I got my Z06 done at Vette Doctors, it's just a drive for me...but when I get the time, maybe I'll stop out there and speak to Carmen

But for now I'm fine. No traction under 50 in this cold weather so it's all good.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Razorecko
If you're racing for money its time to pop hoods and rev. As a current 09 v owner i'd have to say that itln stln is probally running 9.5" crank pulley, cold air intake, idler pulley, and 160 thermostat,SCT tuner with pre-loaded Max performane tune, just like prodigy mb stated. If thats the case than Itln stln needs to get his V on a dyno and tune it accordingly. He's losing ALOT off the table by using a generic "pre-loaded" tune.
I'm losing a lot of power like you said man. And the other thing is, my car has serious heatsoak when I start doing back to back runs. I have no cooling mods done at all, besides the 160 T-stat.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

But yeah, some people on this thread are pretty spot on about my mods lol.
Heh - I had to spend about 5 mins on the Cadillac forums to find them

I knew that there is no way in hell it was stock. I personally saw a white automatic cts-v at Atco go 11.4@122.8 with pulley/tune and drag radials....which is basically what I run.

I'd love to run your car in drag race though - no rolls.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 PM

I'm losing a lot of power like you said man. And the other thing is, my car has serious heatsoak when I start doing back to back runs. I have no cooling mods done at all, besides the 160 T-stat.
Yea i'd say those would be your next mods. A real tune with maybe w4me's heat exchanger....though i dont like how it doesn't hook to anything and just "sits" there
Old 01-22-2010, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Its that top end where your car is a monsterrr. From my experience racing with cars a modded e55 should get u low speeds but iand its a matter of if u can catch at the end. Just my opinion.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Its that top end where your car is a monsterrr. From my experience racing with cars a modded e55 should get u low speeds but iand its a matter of if u can catch at the end. Just my opinion.
From what I remember, when I went against you I think it was that I went about 2/3rd throttle and it was only around 80 that I floored it. My problem is that I need good tires. E55's and CTS-V's are very similiar as far as mods and straightline speed goes.

I guess you can call my mods a "Stage 1" ? lol I don't know but I'd love to race an AMG on the track. I haven't been to E-town in forever and it's usually not worth the hassle. I went to Island this summer which is a $h*t kicker track with no prep. I mustered up an 11.8x@120. I think Oldgixxer was running 12.4's and trapping 114 or so on that day.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by prodigymb
Heh - I had to spend about 5 mins on the Cadillac forums to find them

I knew that there is no way in hell it was stock. I personally saw a white automatic cts-v at Atco go 11.4@122.8 with pulley/tune and drag radials....which is basically what I run.

I'd love to run your car in drag race though - no rolls.
What setup do you have on your car, Prodigy? Those are some nice #'s there bro.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:33 PM

03 R230 SL55 / 94 W124 E500
Old 01-22-2010, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I mustered up an 11.8x@120. I think Oldgixxer was running 12.4's and trapping 114 or so on that day.
like i said - on a cool day with some drag radials. your cts-s will def go 11.3 if not faster.

What setup do you have on your car, Prodigy? Those are some nice #'s there bro.
tire, pulley, headers, tune, cooling.

makes 500/540 on a Dynojet.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:41 PM

CTS-V & 2010 E63 AMG
I raced many AMG cars ( mostly E63 and E55 ) and never lost to any one of them .. only heavly mooded ones !!! ... so any stock AMG want to challenge me !!!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:51 PM

CTS-V & 2010 E63 AMG
Smile

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Not all Stock E55's I get to 120+mph in under 12sec
yah well ... with little help of DR's ... ...and yes i ve heard your car is fastest stock E55 so if i were in usa it will be good run to race you ...

Last edited by cts-v2009; 01-22-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:53 PM

Stock CTS-V vs stock M5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71oVtYI6kDA
Old 01-22-2010, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Old 01-22-2010, 03:07 PM

2004 SVT Cobra
Sorry. Saw somebody with the same screen name and a CTS-V allude to that on the M5 board (except for the N20, which I knew was not required for the speed shown in the vid). If it was you on the M5 board and you were being sarcastic or busting their *****, I guess I just didn't pick up on it.

Sounds like we both have similar mods on our "V"'s and like you, cooling mods will be next for me.

Ironically, going to lunch a short while ago (about 30 minutes after first seeing this thread) a black E55 came rolling up on me pretty aggressively (I-355 N in Chicagoland). Like you, my tires don't have much success on salt covered roads and 35 degree temps, even from 60 mph, so I decided to err on the side of safety and let it go.

Last edited by gnxs; 01-22-2010 at 03:19 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 AMG vs MODDED 09 CTS-V