Sponsored by:

E55 AMG vs MODDED 09 CTS-V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
I dunno I still would love to try out a Stock V. Hopefully I can find one.

Heres a little extra. A clip of my E55 racing a modded Evo. No idea about these cars what version, year, or mods. Italianstal you might kno what version n year. We kno u dont talk about mods .

https://mbworld.org/forums/kill-stor...ml#post3905652
Old 01-22-2010, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63, S550
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
My problem is that I need good tires.
So your lack of traction at the start of the race was the reason for being neck-and-neck up until your second gear change where your car hooked up you were able to rocket away and put a few bus-lengths on him?

With your mods I was expecting you to start pulling away from the start instead of having that sudden burst of speed after your second upshift.

I'm not doubting the prowess of the CTS-V, I would have expected you to win even if you were stock. I'm just wondering what caused that sudden burst of speed after the second upshift.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cts-v2009
Actually it stock cts-v ... and this is normal ... any challenge from AMG guys from Dubai or around ....

By the way look here Stock cts-v vs havely modded CLS55 AMG ... enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMQpjaTvhaY

how were you so sure it was "stock" ??

turns out it ws not.

Nobody is bashing the V around here... great car for the money.

But modded vs stock a beat down was expected.

Stock vs Stock.. it will win but not with those margin.

Personally, I don't like to post things before knowing all the facts.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:21 PM

e55
i raced a cts-v and pulled hard on him everytime we raced ... no stock cts-v can keep up with modded e55 ... we did low rolls , 60 to high speeds and never did it have a chance .. and dont get me wrong i like cts-v looking for 1 now to buy .. but with pulley,tune, headers , cooling mods its a beast and not near what it cost to mod ours
Old 01-22-2010, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by LB63
So your lack of traction at the start of the race was the reason for being neck-and-neck up until your second gear change where your car hooked up you were able to rocket away and put a few bus-lengths on him?

With your mods I was expecting you to start pulling away from the start instead of having that sudden burst of speed after your second upshift.

I'm not doubting the prowess of the CTS-V, I would have expected you to win even if you were stock. I'm just wondering what caused that sudden burst of speed after the second upshift.
Ive been racing too many cars. I definetly see where your coming from because I feel the same way.

In the end I really dont care but I dont see how something like that can happen with out a little help from the bottle. I didnt hook that great either but I mean 1 full gear for me is pretty long to be neck and neck and then POOOOOOOOOF hes gone.

I showed every1 I know this video without me saying anything and every person said hes spraying. Its opinions and experience and in the end none of my business. Like I said fun times, FAST AS HELL regardless .
Old 01-22-2010, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Responding to YouTube vid, not any comments here. (guys were so shocked in the vid)

Is anyone really THAT surprised that a car with 556hp stock and so much more modded did that to a stock 55 which run 500 stock.

Weird seeing their reaction. As if the stock 55 is a Turbo Supra or somethin.

Just found that weird. Carry on.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Responding to YouTube vid, not any comments here. (guys were so shocked in the vid)

Is anyone really THAT surprised that a car with 556hp stock and so much more modded did that to a stock 55 which run 500 stock.

Weird seeing their reaction. As if the stock 55 is a Turbo Supra or somethin.

Just found that weird. Carry on.
Yeah actually I am THAT surprised. The whole time I thought he was stock. I never asked cauz I assumed we were all stock. So when we were side by side for a full gear and he shoots out BUS lengths on me which NEVER happened to me in 55 before I was SURPRISED. Is that hard for you to understand ?
Old 01-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Looks like Bobby claimed another victim
Old 01-22-2010, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
Yeah actually I am THAT surprised. The whole time I thought he was stock. I never asked cauz I assumed we were all stock. So when we were side by side for a full gear and he shoots out BUS lengths on me which NEVER happened to me in 55 before I was SURPRISED. Is that hard for you to understand ?
We all know Italian S/Bobby here, he's 110% NOT using Nitrous He clearly stated he didn't floor it until 80 mph. I have run my share of stock 55/63 vs my 600 & the story never changes you guys think stock 55/63's are the end all/be all Reality says different
Old 01-22-2010, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-car-modd.html

p.s., Gotham CTS-V = Bobby aka Italian Stallion

Last edited by 220S; 01-22-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Thericker
We all know Italian S/Bobby here, he's 110% NOT using Nitrous He clearly stated he didn't floor it until 80 mph. I have run my share of stock 55/63 vs my 600 & the story never changes you guys think stock 55/63's are the end all/be all Reality says different
I dont know who you race but my stories dont change. I dont think nothing more then it was going to be a good run stock vs stock. Now when he pulled bus lengths in a short amount of distance I was assuming hes spraying. So dont confuse this story with your other stories.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I dont know who you race but my stories dont change. I dont think nothing more then it was going to be a good run stock vs stock. Now when he pulled bus lengths in a short amount of distance I was assuming hes spraying. So dont confuse this story with your other stories.
I like your vidz/stories, but read the enlarged part again...

From what I remember, when I went against you I think it was that I went about 2/3rd throttle and it was only around 80 that I floored it. My problem is that I need good tires. E55's and CTS-V's are very similiar as far as mods and straightline speed goes.
His CTS-V has a good 100+ HP more than your E55, the outcome would've been far more humbling if Bobby hit it & had traction from 45mph-up...

Yo Bobby! tell Rob/olegixxer what up!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Thericker
I like your vidz/stories, but read the enlarged part again...

His CTS-V has a good 100+ HP more than your E55, the outcome would've been far more humbling if Bobby hit it & had traction from 45mph-up...

Yo Bobby! tell Rob/olegixxer what up!
For comparison:

I ran against a E55 with tune/180mm pulley/headers and he actually gave me the head start and instantly caught up and starting walking me hard.

I know he gave 2/3 throttle and his tires werent catching but I actually didnt launch that good either that video but once I caught grip my car was going and he was still at my side where the E55 instantly took off. Now I dont see the E55 doing what the CTSV did to me up top like that which gave me the assumption that hes spraying.

If he woulda took off from 45mph I prob would have never assumed he was spraying. I do believe the dued I'm just trying to say its not not that krazy to have believed he had nos.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:23 PM

E63, S550
After reading through all the responses let me clear some things up here:

1. No one is under the assumption that a stock E55 cannot lose.

2. The race was supposed to have been against a stock CTS-V.

I hope another race can be arranged with confirmation (instead of assuming) that it is a stock CTS-V. What I mean by "confirmation" is just asking. There should be no reason to lie.

3. The assumption was that E55AMGGG04's healthy E55 would have most likely lost but not by much (see posted vids of the CTS-V vs the M5 and 212 E63 showing that the CTS-V won but not by much, let alone winning by bus lengths).

4. The modded CTS-V had traction problems due to bad tires/road temperature necessitating the driver to not go full throttle thereby resulting in them being neck-and-neck until the second upshift.

5. Once hooked up the modded CTS-V displayed its power which resulted in the surprising surge of speed. I say surprising because the assumption was that the CTS-V was stock, they were neck-and-neck for a while, and then it just took off on the second upshift.

This sudden burst of speed shouldn't have happened with a stock CTS-V but after finding out it was modded and had traction issues it makes sense.

6. A modded CTS-V without traction problems would have resulted in an even bigger lead.

7. The E55 is a great car.

8. The CTS-V is a great car too.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:26 PM

E63, S550
I do believe the dued I'm just trying to say its not not that krazy to have believed he had nos.
At first I thought he sprayed too but the explanation that his modded CTS-V didn't hook up for a while makes some sense.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
LMFAO! Nitrous...
All I can say is NO. And I do NOT have 700hp or run 10's LOL. I do not have NAWZZZZ. Not even close.
Ok so who's lying? What other lies are being hidden? And then to top it off some tools at the Caddy forum think it's a stock CTS-V.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/150167-caddy-dealer-gave-me-2010-cts-v-drive-night-3.html#post1726835
(from M5board.com)
Also, the SMG was very cool but it could get tiresome with all the clunking and the random jerky starts. Plus my girl couldn't drive the SMG smooth and with this car, anyone can get behind the wheel and never know it has 700hp (modded).
Old 01-22-2010, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Let's not forget that a stock E55 is going on 7 years old and a stock E63 is 4 years old.

The V was introduced by GM specifically to be an E60 M5 and E63 eater.

When the E63 TT and F10 M5 come on board, things will change again. And again, and again.

Any stock E55 and E63 is getting long in the tooth.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
After reading through all the responses let me clear some things up here:

1. No one is under the assumption that a stock E55 cannot lose.

2. The race was supposed to have been against a stock CTS-V.

I hope another race can be arranged with confirmation (instead of assuming) that it is a stock CTS-V. What I mean by "confirmation" is just asking. There should be no reason to lie.

3. The assumption was that E55AMGGG04's healthy E55 would have most likely lost but not by much (see posted vids of the CTS-V vs the M5 and 212 E63 showing that the CTS-V won but not by much, let alone winning by bus lengths).

4. The modded CTS-V had traction problems due to bad tires/road temperature necessitating the driver to not go full throttle thereby resulting in them being neck-and-neck until the second upshift.

5. Once hooked up the modded CTS-V displayed its power which resulted in the surprising surge of speed. I say surprising because the assumption was that the CTS-V was stock, they were neck-and-neck for a while, and then it just took off on the second upshift.

This sudden burst of speed shouldn't have happened with a stock CTS-V but after finding out it was modded and had traction issues it makes sense.

6. A modded CTS-V without traction problems would have resulted in an even bigger lead.

7. The E55 is a great car.

8. The CTS-V is a great car too.
At first I thought he sprayed too but the explanation that his modded CTS-V didn't hook up for a while makes some sense.
Dued couldnt have said it any better .
Old 01-22-2010, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by 220S
Let's not forget that a stock E55 is going on 7 years old and a stock E63 is 4 years old.

The V was introduced by GM specifically to be an E60 M5 and E63 eater.

When the E63 TT and F10 M5 come on board, things will change again. And again, and again.

Any stock E55 and E63 is getting long in the tooth.
Yeah of course we all know that its just for me its always fun just to see what happens and what the difference is. For me its seriously so much fun to see these top sedans running at their best and seeing the outcome.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
ITALIANSTALLION IS A BIG LIAR

For anyone who thinks the lying foo wasn't juiced up..AKA cheating..AKA using nitrous oxide, let me quote someone and then follow the link.

Re: Nitrous on the V?
Originally Posted by GothamCTS-V
Originally Posted by RossL
Nitrous hit=, When others hear you have nitrous=
Seriously, I can't even imagine...I bet it would be incredible! I used it on my 94 GT to get it into the low 13's
sorry, no help here
Ross
A nice shot of spray feels incredible. That torque surge is just undeniable. I never let others know I'm running N2O though. I would purge the lines before showing up to a race.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2098208-post4.html
Old 01-22-2010, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 424 Likes on 350 Posts
MB’s
CLOSE YOUR EYES GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If there is a modded E55 out here please get him back for me . LOL j/k all fun but car is sick fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUTtIPlycIo

Dont feel bad at all. It wasnt a fair race anyways. A stock AMG Vs a Modded CTS-V? Come on man. Why not just have a 1,000 Supra vs. a E350......................... .......Well its not that drastic.

Lets mod that AMG and then run it against the modded CTS-V

Last edited by C280 Sport; 01-22-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:08 PM

E63, S550
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
For anyone who thinks the lying foo wasn't juiced up..AKA cheating..AKA using nitrous oxide, let me quote someone and then follow the link.

Interesting. Maybe I'll get out of here for a while so the MBWorld CSI crew can solve this mystery.

I was a somewhat convinced that a 600hp car can pull once it gets traction but this new tidbit of information my require me to rethink that.

I do find it conceivable that he has a sneaky pete especially since he is so hush-hush with his mods because he races for money.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:13 PM

///M5 Beast
That is interesting.

Im not sure, i didnt hear any traction lost from the CTS-V my window was open slightly and i was starting right at it, he did end of second and most of third and by the end of third its like he got hit by a ****ing truck, and his exhaust sound even changed hahaa..

Thing is fast, w.e. mods he got, the tune/pulley/worked E55 AMG we raced about 2 months ago didnt pull that hard!

Was fun anyways.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55

ahahah whatever man. In the end really doesnt matter. The dued runs for money so for his best interest he shouldnt say what hes running under the hood.

My first impression was that he was spraying. Is it possible if hes modded that he can do that to me without spray.....possible yeah. I thought about it and I dont see why he would spray vs a stock E55 just for fun . Not that I'm saying he did or even has nos but no point to it.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not saying he was or wasn't, but I suppose that does make somebody suspect if they say they aren't modded or won't say what the mods are, etc.. Esp if they think it's funny to hide the fact that they're using NOS.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get this. Why hide anything, mods or NOS? I thought the whole point was to see what these cars can do and share that info? It's not like this is F1 racing or something, or with big money involved

I just don't get not being forthcoming about your car. It's like a little kid hiding stuff to cheat at a game just so he can win.

edit: I guess he does run for money. He's a hustler. Makes more sense now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 AMG vs MODDED 09 CTS-V