WTB, rent or borrow pulley tool Charlotte NC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 07:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTS-V 2013 Wagon
WTB, rent or borrow pulley tool Charlotte NC

Hey guys,
I am in the middle of changing out my super charger pulley and need the pulley holder. I figure I will only use it this one time and hate to have it laying in the tool box for years. Is there anyone in the Charlotte NC area that would let me rent or borrow it? If not, does anyone want to sell theirs?
Thanks in advance,
Warren
Old 01-23-2010, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
theres a tool rental section on this forum

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/index.php
Old 01-24-2010, 12:31 AM

I KNOW SOMEONE WHO WILL INSTALL IT FOR YOU IN THE CHARLOTT AREA .HE IS NOT EXPENSIVE.HE WORKS ON BMW M CARS,AND MB AMG CARS.I AM NOT SURE HE LEND OR RENT HIS TOOLS.PM ME IF YOU ARE INTRESTED.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His wife crazy
Dude, kill the caps lock.
Sounds like he is already at the point of removing the pulley, so paying someone to pick it up at that point, is pointless. Might as well buy the tool.

Warren: There are some cheap knockoffs on flea bay, if you can wait a couple days to get it.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Warren, did you call Eurocharged? Tell them that was my car I am sure they will send one for you to use! Call me if you want me to call Jerry or Jake.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:42 AM

CTS-V 2013 Wagon
Originally Posted by emoving
Warren, did you call Eurocharged? Tell them that was my car I am sure they will send one for you to use! Call me if you want me to call Jerry or Jake.
Marcus, I called Jerry last week but he has not returned my call, PMed him last night so maybe he will get back soon. As we spoke a few weeks ago, it would be cool if he could ship the electronics to hook to the car for the tune and the tool. I would prefer to get it tuned on a dyno and plan to ask him if he will be in the Charlotte area soon.
If I don't hear back I'll get one of Ebay as they're only $60 and then off load it on here when I'm done with it. I don't plan on hopping up other's cars for a side gig and can't fathom needing this tool again. Of course if I end up with another 55 I may wish I had held on to it.
Jamusa, I met you at a dyno day in Charlotte last year at Pro-Dyno I believe. HOW ARE YOU?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His wife crazy
Warren: You can try to get in on the MD,VA,D.C. tuning day. https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-2-6-10-a.html
Old 01-24-2010, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by Hotrod-Realtor
Marcus, I called Jerry last week but he has not returned my call, PMed him last night so maybe he will get back soon. As we spoke a few weeks ago, it would be cool if he could ship the electronics to hook to the car for the tune and the tool. I would prefer to get it tuned on a dyno and plan to ask him if he will be in the Charlotte area soon.
If I don't hear back I'll get one of Ebay as they're only $60 and then off load it on here when I'm done with it. I don't plan on hopping up other's cars for a side gig and can't fathom needing this tool again. Of course if I end up with another 55 I may wish I had held on to it.
Jamusa, I met you at a dyno day in Charlotte last year at Pro-Dyno I believe. HOW ARE YOU?
He was in Houston doing several tunes all week last week and was a pain to get a hold of. Try him this week. If not PM me and I will try to get him. Come to our dyno day in May! The drive was not that bad was it?
Old 01-24-2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hotrod-Realtor
Doing fine.I have done a few changes to the car since i last saw you;torque converter,180 pully and rear tank cooler.Car is still running strong.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:31 PM

CTS-V 2013 Wagon
Originally Posted by jamusa
Doing fine.I have done a few changes to the car since i last saw you;torque converter,180 pully and rear tank cooler.Car is still running strong.
Nice mods Are you going to get it re-tuned or has it already been done?
If you need a tune, I wonder if we could get a couple others and set up a dyno day. Let me know.
Warren
Old 01-24-2010, 03:39 PM

CTS-V 2013 Wagon
Originally Posted by emoving
He was in Houston doing several tunes all week last week and was a pain to get a hold of. Try him this week. If not PM me and I will try to get him. Come to our dyno day in May! The drive was not that bad was it?
I can't wait until May to finish this thing up, I enjoy driving it too much. I have it tore down in my garage right now. The good thing is I'm not putting any miles on the car.
The drive back wasn't that bad but the rain was freezing and I was a bit paranoid on wadding the thing up, although there was so much salt on the roads it never slipped. I let my friend Bryan drive it most of the way back, he was impressed with the car.
If I don't hear back from Jerry I'll get you to set it up for me. Thanks by the way.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
What about using the tranny lock method? What is the brand of the pulley you are changing (eg. stock for Eurocharged)?
Old 01-24-2010, 03:43 PM

CTS-V 2013 Wagon
Originally Posted by X2Board
Warren: You can try to get in on the MD,VA,D.C. tuning day. https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-2-6-10-a.html
Timing is right but that's 825 miles round trip. Too far for me but thanks for the invite. It would be a lot of fun, I went to a dyno day in Charlotte last year and it was nice meeting several guys on the forum.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:23 AM

Honda Civic
FIY Garage

We have tools and lifts for rent here in Charlotte. You probably got the tool by now, but in the future, come by and see us.

www.fiygarage.com

Will
FIY Garage
704-677-8163