Stage 2 & 3 Tune Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by vinnyz
what are your mods ? talking to alan the other night and forgot sorry lol. if u have headers then ur stage 3 but still fast as he** . i told alan with same mods as u i think headers,tune,pulley i ran 11.4 so can i see urs running the same yes u have a great tuner out there and bigger pulley than me . but congrats and shhh i wont tell lol u make it run the 11.3 alan really cant drive his car is slow
Haha, what's up Vinny! His mods are PC custom tune, ASP 180, and VRP headers which I believe makes it a stage 2. He still has the stock TB and this was done on a 91 octane tune. He does have the bigger pulley than you but he also doesn't have that 100+ octane tune yours has. Both of your cars are slow and shouldn't even be allowed at the track..... JK, you guys both have a beast that's worth envying.

Edit:

BTW, my car is slow when compared to your mid 500 rwhp car so quit picking on my 447 rwhp car, it's not fair.

Last edited by bassn_07; 02-07-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Haha, what's up Vinny! His mods are PC custom tune, ASP 180, and VRP headers which I believe makes it a stage 2. He still has the stock TB and this was done on a 91 octane tune. He does have the bigger pulley than you but he also doesn't have that 100+ octane tune yours has. Both of your cars are slow and shouldn't even be allowed at the track..... JK, you guys both have a beast that's worth envying.

Edit:

BTW, my car is slow when compared to your mid 500 rwhp car so quit picking on my 447 rwhp car, it's not fair.
lol stage 3 car is what he has crazy man .. headers 1 , tune 2 , pulley 3 so its a stage 33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 33333333333333333333333333333333 lol and with that slow car ur driving i would be embarrassed being seen anywhere ..
Old 02-07-2010, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
First off I am not interested in getting into a tuner vs tuner war I am simply sharing my experience and opinion. You asked about stage 2 and 3 and although plenty of people have told you who they prefer but no one has really shared why. Maybe I am wrong to assume but personal preferences generally seem to be bias as many are easily influenced by others. This is my experience with my car and I hope you use it accordingly to help form your own decision for your car.

When I first decided to mod the car I was quickly drawn to LET’s stage 1 package as everyone was talking about it and the price was pretty low for a lot of power in comparison to other tuners I looked up. Luckily I meet a couple local owners who already modded their car, one had PC and the other had an LET tune. All three of use went to Sacramento to run and to my amazement I wasn’t the slowest car. I in fact beat the stage 1 let tune car every time I went against it. I didn’t barely win either I clearly pulled harder on his car every time even when he jumped out in front of me. This brought up a lot of questions and there is a thread on here with videos to show it if you care to look into it. As far as the PC tuned car it ran great and because I already heard of some issues with LET I started looking into PC more.

(Here is the link to the thread)
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...stock-e55.html

I decided to go with PC as my tuner but when I went to get the mods installed there was a fire and PC couldn’t tune the car. I ended up going with Renntech which performed excellent for the most part. As a stage 1 in warm weather I consistently put mid to high 11s and averaged 11.5-11.7. I also have videos of the car running these times and you can find it under Sacramento results.

(here is the link in 105 degree weather on street tires after James from ACG did an awesome job in installing my stage 1 package and renntech tunes)
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...18-2009-a.html

Shortly after I installed headers and modded my exhaust to become a stage 2. I intitially was going to stick with Renntech because the car did well for just a box tune. The plan was to drive down to Arizona to get a custom tune but that fell through. The speedshift was having hiccups here and there and when I wanted to call Renntech to address it I was questioned why. I then fished for information and found two different stories which lead me to believe they are only interested in money. Shocking I know since you hear great things about Renntech but when I called Renntech in Florida I did find the truth. Truth is Renntech is great and even told me the information I was giving by their distributors was false and that they would never say that and that the prices were wrong. Because of that I dropped Renntech and went PC who has helped my friends out with their various AMG’s with no issues.
Jeremy dyno tuned my car as a stage 2 and it runs great. The car ran consistent 11.4s and recently 11.3s at Famoso. My 60 foot times were suffering from a differential problem causing just one tire to burn out. I would end up spinning off the line. My 60 foot times normally run 1.60s to 1.7 flat which would have given me an 11.2 or 11.3 flat ET. I don’t have videos of my 11.3 runs but plenty of witnesses to include time slips but here is an 11.5 run where you can see we are trying to work out the burnout issue.

(one run at famoso where you can see the right tire not spinning, causing the left to smoke up pretty good, both E55s are PC tuned)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2UyqAgRuaE

I know I was long winded in writing this but it concerns me when Nick55 writes a thread up about a recent 55’s engine being blown up by a tuner. He wouldn’t mention the tuner that did it but shortly after people started to accuse one tuner the thread was deleted. This bothers me as tuners are accountable for their actions and to not own up to it and instead hide behind the forum moderators while they advertise their tunes is just pitiful. You don’t see Congress telling me I can’t exercise free speech because I don’t like Obama? A tuner needs to own up to it’s mistakes and that is why I’m not telling you who I think you need to pick as a tuner. I’m sharing my experience with you so you can be cautious and aware while shopping around. Don’t let dyno graphs fool you, that LET car had high torque numbers and decent HP numbers but it fell off in the back end. Clearly in my inexperienced opinion they added a lot of fuel and timing to give you a feeling of more power. True some of their cars have put down great numbers but everyone I have seen has had an issue.

If Jeremy starts to tune again as he recently left PC, I’d suggest you highly consider him tuning your car. There have been no issues and he will address any concerns or desire for more power immediately.

If anyone in the area would like to run their stage 2 car against me that isn’t PC tuned I welcome it. Please compare another tuners file against mine, but bring drag radials so you can get an accurate ET for comparisons. In fact didn’t Eurocharged just have a big tune day in the bay area, where are you guys at lets go have some fun and compare?

I will be forwarding you a copy of this posting because I fear it will be deleted in response to the facts and opinions I stated will not be shared or appreciated by others. I’m here to help as a fell car enthusiast in answering your question honestly and to the best of my ability.
let me preface this by saying my car isnt the same as yours. so the numbers will be a bit skewed.

your runs against the tuned car can have many variables. and the most prevalent is leaning issues at top end. i have been to the tuning sessions firsthand and what i see is crank pulleys getting bigger and bigger but noone addresses the fueling issues. at wot the 180+ pullies are pulling timimg and theres nothing a tuner can do if the car hardware cant supply more fuel.
heres my dyno chart with the eurocharged tune. not massive numbers but a decent inc in power and a great torque curve. cars that tuned with me having the same mods as me have dropped a full .5 sec off their times. i am simply waiting for the weather to break to try mine on the track. my buddy in s. ga just pulled a 12.22 in 45* weather with poor track prep. his previous p/b was a 12.7 at the same track in great conditions. remember these are s/c v6 engines and the magic 11.99 is very diff. to acheive without many mods. our mods are simply c3 s/c pulley intakes and a custom tune w/ dr's
im a huge fan of the eurocharged tuners BECAUSE they come to you. im still waiting for renntech kleeman pc or anybody else to do what they do. if you add mods datalogg and they tune. if you want dyno tunes get the remote kit and tune from the other side of the world it doesnt matter.
your accusation that they add fuel and timing just to show big numbers tells me you have another agenda here. go to a tuning session. have you been to a tuning session with them?
Old 02-07-2010, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
lol stage 3 car is what he has crazy man .. headers 1 , tune 2 , pulley 3 so its a stage 33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 33333333333333333333333333333333 lol and with that slow car ur driving i would be embarrassed being seen anywhere ..
lol...we'll just agree to disagree because not everyone follows the book of stages Renntech provides. Both VRP and let offer a stage 1 which includes tune and pulley. So it's safe to say each company has a different view on what different stages provide.

Yeah, I'm totally embarrassed with my car and I wish it was more like yours. You're my hero!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
lol...we'll just agree to disagree because not everyone follows the book of stages Renntech provides. Both VRP and let offer a stage 1 which includes tune and pulley. So it's safe to say each company has a different view on what different stages provide.

Yeah, I'm totally embarrassed with my car and I wish it was more like yours. You're my hero!!!!
LOL...agree with Bassn on this one.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:19 PM

e55
Originally Posted by emoving
LOL...agree with Bassn on this one.
lol u can not agree with alan what does he know about these cars he only has 447 rwhp ... and besides he's a Sacramento guy who knows nothing about the real world dont they call it cow town there lol
Old 02-07-2010, 01:20 PM

e55
AND AGAIN STAGE 33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 3333333 LOL
Old 02-07-2010, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol u can not agree with alan what does he know about these cars he only has 447 rwhp ... and besides he's a Sacramento guy who knows nothing about the real world dont they call it cow town there lol
Oh man I would hate to see what you call Columbus Ohio then!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:24 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Hey don't be telling people the secret to why Sac runs so fast, and remember the Govenator lives there so I'd watch your mouth! Haha

Stage 2
Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM

e55
Originally Posted by emoving
Oh man I would hate to see what you call Columbus Ohio then!
hmmmm i just call u a buckeye ur ok ur east coast and family doesnt marry family like in cow town lol
Old 02-07-2010, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hmmmm i just call u a buckeye ur ok ur east coast and family doesnt marry family like in cow town lol
Your stupid man! That's funny shiat!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:30 PM

e55
Hey don't be telling people the secret to why Sac runs so fast, and remember the Govenator lives there so I'd watch your mouth! Haha

Stage 2
oh heck ur govenator can barley speak english lol i'll be backkkkkkkkkk or its not a tumaaaaaaaa AND PS STAGE 3

Last edited by vinnyz; 02-07-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:40 PM

oh heck ur govenator can barley speak english lol i'll be backkkkkkkkkk or its not a tumaaaaaaaa AND PS STAGE 3
You are correct it's a Renntech stage 3 but an LET stage 2, VRP stage 2 and majority of the votes go to stage 2.

The govenator can kick your governs butt! Run to the chopper! My biceps they are so huge! Everyone come look at my biceps ya! Oh and he has been to my work a few times, he shrunk haha but hey that's what happens when you get off the juice.

Stage 2
Old 02-07-2010, 01:44 PM

e55
You are correct it's a Renntech stage 3 but an LET stage 2, VRP stage 2 and majority of the votes go to stage 2.

The govenator can kick your governs butt! Run to the chopper! My biceps they are so huge! Everyone come look at my biceps ya! Oh and he has been to my work a few times, he shrunk haha but hey that's what happens when you get off the juice.

Stage 2
juice what is that hmmmm never see or touched the stuff lol ... but ya ur stage 3 car is fast i was shocked with ur times on a stage 3 its amazing what stage 3 can do now lol .. wait what i/c pump do u have we might make it stage 4 here soon lol
Old 02-07-2010, 01:49 PM

juice what is that hmmmm never see or touched the stuff lol ... but ya ur stage 3 car is fast i was shocked with ur times on a stage 3 its amazing what stage 3 can do now lol .. wait what i/c pump do u have we might make it stage 4 here soon lol
It's the stock pump and it still has the original floor mats, plus it's heavier with the pano roof so I'd actually say it's a stage 1.75

I wish it got traction because it should have ran an 11.2 and I contribute it to the tuners opening up the car more efficiently then what they were able to before. A lot more will be doing the same with their newer tunes, nothing like seeing a four door sedan run taht fast with the massaging seats on and talking on my cell phone so they can hear it run haha.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:00 PM

e55
It's the stock pump and it still has the original floor mats, plus it's heavier with the pano roof so I'd actually say it's a stage 1.75

I wish it got traction because it should have ran an 11.2 and I contribute it to the tuners opening up the car more efficiently then what they were able to before. A lot more will be doing the same with their newer tunes, nothing like seeing a four door sedan run taht fast with the massaging seats on and talking on my cell phone so they can hear it run haha.
i still have stock floor mats too and pano roof with 265/35/18 on front and 285/30/18 on back .. i never got into the making car lighter thing i was trying to hit 10's with the way i drive car everyday but just can't got close but no cigar for me . i told alan when i ran the 11.0 @ 127 the run before that felt like my best run ever and could tell by my launch going thru trap it was the 10 then when to pick up my ticket and the computers went down so i ran to the tower and down there too i was pissed .. the car i ran against was 08 z06 with tune and exhaust beat him by 4 cars so maybe i did or didnt but oh well shi* happens did ur govanator say that one too oh wait forest did samething lol and ps STAGE 3
Old 02-07-2010, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
LOL, Damn man why are so hard on poor little Sacramento . Sac is definitely not my first choice residency and that's why we drive 2 hours to get there. Only problem is all the BS traffic we hit while traveling to Sac from the Silicon Valley.

i still have stock floor mats too and pano roof with 265/35/18 on front and 285/30/18 on back .. i never got into the making car lighter thing i was trying to hit 10's with the way i drive car everyday but just can't got close but no cigar for me . i told alan when i ran the 11.0 @ 127 the run before that felt like my best run ever and could tell by my launch going thru trap it was the 10 then when to pick up my ticket and the computers went down so i ran to the tower and down there too i was pissed .. the car i ran against was 08 z06 with tune and exhaust beat him by 4 cars so maybe i did or didnt but oh well shi* happens did ur govanator say that one too oh wait forest did samething lol and ps STAGE 3
Yeah, I remeber you telling me that and it sucks. On my quickest pass to date I didn't get my 60' time which really pissed me off, but oh well life goes on.

I admire you trying to hit 10's with full weight and that's why I waited on the skinny's before doing so. My goal was to hit 10's with full weight and only DR's. All though my quickest pass at full weight was done with ice in the reservoir I did hot lap 3 10's in row without ice, all in the 10.9's. Now that I'm in the 10's I'm pretty much done with modding (except for one more little thing....) and all I will do now is lighten up my car to go faster and quicker at the track. My ultimate goad is 10.5's without nitrous and if I ever get there I might spray it with a 100 shot and see what she could really do..... After that I'll be purchasing a P-car TT and start doing the twistie thing.

Don't you run with DR's all year around, or something similar? I wish we could do that here but with all the fricken rain we get it would be impossible. Plus I'm done with the whole street racing thing, just too much risk for very little reward.

BTW....stage 2 .

Anyways back on topic......

Last edited by bassn_07; 02-07-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS

I was tuning my E55 back about 6 years ago. And I agree Alan, an ECU tune is not a stage. Stage I is an ecu tune and pulley IMO. But a pulley without an ECU tune is still stage I but not vice-a-versa.

Back on topic
Old 02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
let me preface this by saying my car isnt the same as yours. so the numbers will be a bit skewed.

your runs against the tuned car can have many variables. and the most prevalent is leaning issues at top end. i have been to the tuning sessions firsthand and what i see is crank pulleys getting bigger and bigger but noone addresses the fueling issues. at wot the 180+ pullies are pulling timimg and theres nothing a tuner can do if the car hardware cant supply more fuel.
heres my dyno chart with the eurocharged tune. not massive numbers but a decent inc in power and a great torque curve. cars that tuned with me having the same mods as me have dropped a full .5 sec off their times. i am simply waiting for the weather to break to try mine on the track. my buddy in s. ga just pulled a 12.22 in 45* weather with poor track prep. his previous p/b was a 12.7 at the same track in great conditions. remember these are s/c v6 engines and the magic 11.99 is very diff. to acheive without many mods. our mods are simply c3 s/c pulley intakes and a custom tune w/ dr's
im a huge fan of the eurocharged tuners BECAUSE they come to you. im still waiting for renntech kleeman pc or anybody else to do what they do. if you add mods datalogg and they tune. if you want dyno tunes get the remote kit and tune from the other side of the world it doesnt matter.
your accusation that they add fuel and timing just to show big numbers tells me you have another agenda here. go to a tuning session. have you been to a tuning session with them?
There's no doubt that LET has done some wonderful things with these cars but the most we could do is post up our own personal experience with the tuners of our choice. I have tried both tuners and I definitely had better results with one over the other, does this mean it will be the same with everyone? Of course not.

While my car was custom tuned by PC I witnessed my car gain more and more power as timing was pulled from the LET tune. I'm not sure if this was due to the conditions LET had that day but never the less this was the case. I never gave LET a chance to re tune my car because I was more then happy with PC's/Jeremy's results.

Just to note....In the past PC has been pounded continuously over the accusations members made about blowing up Bengal's car, actually Evosport/PC. Is it true or not, I don't know but all we could do is gather the facts people provide and come to our own conclusion. Everyone has skeletons in their closets and if you look hard enough I'm sure you'll find something.

Everyone should just post up their experiences with any of the tuners, good or bad. I'm sure each company will have much more positive results over negative but either way this would be ideal. Like many people mention this whole underground pm'ing stuff is out of control and truth should come out. Maybe a blown engine here or there would've been saved if people were more willing to come out. Just my thoughts.

Last edited by bassn_07; 02-07-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:52 PM

e55
LOL, Damn man why are so hard on poor little Sacramento . Sac is definitely not my first choice residency and that's why we drive 2 hours to get there. Only problem is all the BS traffic we hit while traveling to Sac from the Silicon Valley.

Yeah, I remeber you telling me that and it sucks. On my quickest pass to date I didn't get my 60' time which really pissed me off, but oh well life goes on.

I admire you trying to hit 10's with full weight and that's why I waited on the skinny's before doing so. My goal was to hit 10's with full weight and only DR's. All though my quickest pass at full weight was done with ice in the reservoir I did hot lap 3 10's in row without ice, all in the 10.9's. Now that I'm in the 10's I'm pretty much done with modding (except for one more little thing....) and all I will do now is lighten up my car to go faster and quicker at the track. My ultimate goad is 10.5's without nitrous and if I ever get there I might spray it with a 100 shot and see what she could really do..... After that I'll be purchasing a P-car TT and start doing the twistie thing.

Don't you run with DR's all year around, or something similar? I wish we could do that here but with all the fricken rain we get it would be impossible. Plus I'm done with the whole street racing thing, just too much risk for very little reward.

BTW....stage 2 .

Anyways back on topic......
STAGE 3 so back to topic now lol .. i do admire what u have done u totally set the bar .. i do believe u will hit that 10.5 just make it lighter and you'll be there and omg pls do 100 shot that would be sickkkkkkk .. but damn mike's STAGE 3 is fast lol .. i run toyo proxies r888 and they handle perfect in the rain never had an issues with them at all and it does rain here alot .. VIC u can't agree with them lol get on my side STAGE 3
Old 02-07-2010, 03:54 PM

e55
Most recent dyno numbers: 447rwhp and 470 rwtq....beat that!!!! beats that in reverse lol
Old 02-07-2010, 04:16 PM

e55
LOL, I think most could. I was actually in shock when I initially saw the numbers . I'm like damn, I know mustang dyno's read low but WTF . The guy said to me "sorry man but most leaver here very disappointed"....I guess so . None the less these are actual numbers my car pulled on this dyno.

BTW...you're the only one still stuck on stage 3 lol. back on topic . Damn, you Florida guys need to stop drinking your bath water....JK!!! Have a good one I'm out!
ok 1st of all its not just any bath water it's jessica alba's bath water and sorry but i just can't help it .. 2nd STAGE 3 get that car on dyno jet and see what it really has . 3rd i know ur leaving cause ur sis i mean wife is calling lol and by the way stage3
Old 02-07-2010, 04:35 PM

e55
LOL....You better get off the internet before your wife gets home and catches you talking about cars . Have a good one Vinny and stop chatting on the internet, drinking your wife's bath water, and go run some 10's. Off to the Monterey Bay Aquarium I go....again .

BTW...you really didn't mean your 2nd statement did you? Don't tell me you've become a dyno racer....
2nd statement no but ur sis i mean wife yes lol .. stage 3 why r u not watching the superbowl at least mine lets me lol and she's shopping ok let me have fun opps i hear the door gotta go .................................................. ........................................... nope false alert lol have fun chat later STAGE3
Old 02-08-2010, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Maybe someday I'll be as fast as all of you, just reading what you guys are saying is taking me awhile cause I can't keep up. What stage would you call Headers & full exhaust? or would it even qualify as a stage
Old 02-08-2010, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
There's no doubt that LET has done some wonderful things with these cars but the most we could do is post up our own personal experience with the tuners of our choice. I have tried both tuners and I definitely had better results with one over the other, does this mean it will be the same with everyone? Of course not.

While my car was custom tuned by PC I witnessed my car gain more and more power as timing was pulled from the LET tune. I'm not sure if this was due to the conditions LET had that day but never the less this was the case. I never gave LET a chance to re tune my car because I was more then happy with PC's/Jeremy's results.

Just to note....In the past PC has been pounded continuously over the accusations members made about blowing up Bengal's car, actually Evosport/PC. Is it true or not, I don't know but all we could do is gather the facts people provide and come to our own conclusion. Everyone has skeletons in their closets and if you look hard enough I'm sure you'll find something.

Everyone should just post up their experiences with any of the tuners, good or bad. I'm sure each company will have much more positive results over negative but either way this would be ideal. Like many people mention this whole underground pm'ing stuff is out of control and truth should come out. Maybe a blown engine here or there would've been saved if people were more willing to come out. Just my thoughts.
let me say im not saying anything bad about pc renntech or kleeman.
what sets me off is someone posting false accusations about a tuner without anything to back it up.
i have had great success with the guys at eurocharged. not only tuning the car but on a personal level i have met some great car guys who truley love what they do.
i think all pertinent info should be posted but it needs to be truthful accurate info not wild speculation which can be taken way out of context

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stage 2 & 3 Tune Questions