Sponsored by:

Stage 2 & 3 Tune Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Stage 2 & 3 Tune Questions

Okay guys, looks like the wife is loosening the purse strings pending/ upon our move to Atlanta, so I've got a couple of questions for the tuning/ HP gurus;

1. Of the companies offering stage 2 & 3 tunes, who's the most reputable , reliable and provides most HP for my $$$'s.

2. Is there a reputable Atlanta area tuner out there. I'll be moving to Fairburn (Fulton County). Looks like I'll have about $8,500 to spend initially and there are a few more goodies I need to pick up before I'm done:

a. Eisenmann Sport Exhaust
b. CF front lip and rear diffuser ( the one w/ the almost flush fins)
c. Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT and Focal speakers, amps & subs
d. Rims& tires (undecided)

Thanks in advance guys, I could really use your help on this one.
P.S. shardul, thanks for the invite to call my man. I figured I'd remedy the whole cooling issue in one fell swoop (stage 2/3). I haven't forgotten your kindness and willingness to answer my dumb a$$ questions.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:39 PM

e55
Originally Posted by GedaBlaq
Okay guys, looks like the wife is loosening the purse strings pending/ upon our move to Atlanta, so I've got a couple of questions for the tuning/ HP gurus;

1. Of the companies offering stage 2 & 3 tunes, who's the most reputable , reliable and provides most HP for my $$$'s.

2. Is there a reputable Atlanta area tuner out there. I'll be moving to Fairburn (Fulton County). Looks like I'll have about $8,500 to spend initially and there are a few more goodies I need to pick up before I'm done:

a. Eisenmann Sport Exhaust
b. CF front lip and rear diffuser ( the one w/ the almost flush fins)
c. Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT and Focal speakers, amps & subs
d. Rims& tires (undecided)

Thanks in advance guys, I could really use your help on this one.
P.S. shardul, thanks for the invite to call my man. I figured I'd remedy the whole cooling issue in one fell swoop (stage 2/3). I haven't forgotten your kindness and willingness to answer my dumb a$$ questions.
the eisenmann is a waste ... get pulley , tune , headers , exhaust delete all cats and resonator and put xpipe in and will sounds sick and h/e upgrade... eisenmann does not add anything to car
Old 02-05-2010, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Have you left Chicago yet? If not, Eurocharged is right in your back yard sort of. I would definitely recommend a chat with Jerry or Greg @ Eurocharged.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:05 PM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Originally Posted by vinnyz
the eisenmann is a waste ... get pulley , tune , headers , exhaust delete all cats and resonator and put xpipe in and will sounds sick and h/e upgrade... eisenmann does not add anything to car
You definitely got my attention w/ your advice. Especially w/ all that HP & TQ in your sig. Thanks for the heads up, that'll save me 2-3k.

Originally Posted by cal1
Have you left Chicago yet? If not, Eurocharged is right in your back yard sort of. I would definitely recommend a chat with Jerry or Greg @ Eurocharged.
Haven't left yet but the funds don't float till we land.
Eurocharged can send the parts right?
Old 02-05-2010, 04:21 PM

'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5

They definitely can send the parts. I know their dealer in ATL is Buckhead Imports. Check with greg@eurocharged.com and see what he can do for you and specifically shipping parts to Buckhead Imports or whatever shop you choose. He is a great guy to work with.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Thanks man always willing to help a fellow member.
Eisenmann rear section is kinda a waste of money.
Pulley/tune/tb/headers and you will be set. You many still have some money left over for ICE after that.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Pm me regarding tuning, I may be able to guide you

Trending Topics

Old 02-05-2010, 04:34 PM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
They definitely can send the parts. I know their dealer in ATL is Buckhead Imports. Check with greg@eurocharged.com and see what he can do for you and specifically shipping parts to Buckhead Imports or whatever shop you choose. He is a great guy to work with.
Thanks for the shipping confirmation and ATL Buckhead Imports info, gonna look them up now. Just got off the phone w/ Jeremy @ Eurocharged. Greg will be in about an hour. Gonna call back and have a nice chat. Keep u guys in the loop.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Thanks for the shipping confirmation and ATL Buckhead Imports info, gonna look them up now. Just got off the phone w/ Jeremy @ Eurocharged. Greg will be in about an hour. Gonna call back and have a nice chat. Keep u guys in the loop.
Greg is a good guy. I ordered an 82mm TB from him yesterday. I want to have that installed for our DC Eurocharged tune day next Saturday. Another company that is kind of out of the loop but seems to be pretty impressive is Fluid Motor Union.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:48 PM

e55
You definitely got my attention w/ your advice. Especially w/ all that HP & TQ in your sig. Thanks for the heads up, that'll save me 2-3k.

no problem .. it will save u alot of money for sure .. i have heard nothing but good things about jerry and his work, he can do wonders for ur car . there are little things like k@n filters that help and ur exhaust work .. try to get cm 30 pump as well even the new pump from mercedes works well they upgraded there pumps and flow good now
Old 02-05-2010, 06:22 PM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Originally Posted by 930chas
Greg is a good guy. I ordered an 82mm TB from him yesterday. I want to have that installed for our DC Eurocharged tune day next Saturday. Another company that is kind of out of the loop but seems to be pretty impressive is Fluid Motor Union.
Greg's definitely the goto guy. Just got off the phone with him. Looks like Stage 2 package with MBH headers and 3" piping all the way back with vinnyz's exhaust mods(TB 2 b continued). All told, out the door local = $7,500 (ballpark). Done at Buckhead Imports in Atlanta, + $1,000 (ballpark labor difference).
Looks like I'll be waitin a little while longer on the rims/ tires. BEAST FOOD 1st!!!!!

Originally Posted by vinnyz
no problem .. it will save u alot of money for sure .. i have heard nothing but good things about jerry and his work, he can do wonders for ur car . there are little things like k@n filters that help and ur exhaust work .. try to get cm 30 pump as well even the new pump from mercedes works well they upgraded there pumps and flow good now
Can't forget those K&N's! They include the CM30 and H/E in the package. Greg says Jerry's pretty much the next best thing to Jesus, so this is pretty much a done deal. Now just waitin on the move. Thanks gents! Keep you guys posted!
Old 02-05-2010, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Greg's definitely the goto guy. Just got off the phone with him. Looks like Stage 2 package with MBH headers and 3" piping all the way back with vinnyz's exhaust mods(TB 2 b continued). All told, out the door local = $7,500 (ballpark). Done at Buckhead Imports in Atlanta, + $1,000 (ballpark labor difference).

:
MBH Headers Your car will be a beast!!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:41 PM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Originally Posted by 930chas
MBH Headers Your car will be a beast!!
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm after! Greg told me that he usually offers a choice of either Eurocharged or Kleeman headers with the stage 2/3 but that I was GUARANTEED AT LEAST 40rwhp with the MBH's. Only issue is that they're an extra $1,700 on top of whichever tune you choose. Oh well, boss costs.
Thanks again guys! Keep you posted.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
jason at buckhead imports is a total stand up guy!! he is the dealer in atl for eurocharged and they work closely together. he will take care of all your needs.
tell him 32krazy! sent you
Old 02-06-2010, 12:57 PM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
jason at buckhead imports is a total stand up guy!! he is the dealer in atl for eurocharged and they work closely together. he will take care of all your needs.
tell him 32krazy! sent you
Thanks 320 dreamer,
Greg @ Eurocharged says the same about Jason @ Buckhead. I CANNOT WAIT to get ATL and get this done! BTW, my favorite cousin lives in Murfreesboro and rides w/ The Sons of Solomon M/C. His name's Jeff if you ever run into them. Tell him his cuz Gene says what up!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
Thanks 320 dreamer,
Greg @ Eurocharged says the same about Jason @ Buckhead. I CANNOT WAIT to get ATL and get this done! BTW, my favorite cousin lives in Murfreesboro and rides w/ The Sons of Solomon M/C. His name's Jeff if you ever run into them. Tell him his cuz Gene says what up!
cant say i have seen that club. i rode for decades but now im benzn!
ask the guys a t eurocharged about a tuning day. tony and jerry wanted to come back to atl and do another session then hit the track on sun for some races. ill definatly be there for that!

heres some eye candy for you to drool over till you get to atl!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...s/211144740016

Last edited by 320 dreamer; 02-06-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:03 PM

A Prius because I'm green
What exactly are you looking for? Butt dyno or proven results?

First off I am not interested in getting into a tuner vs tuner war I am simply sharing my experience and opinion. You asked about stage 2 and 3 and although plenty of people have told you who they prefer but no one has really shared why. Maybe I am wrong to assume but personal preferences generally seem to be bias as many are easily influenced by others. This is my experience with my car and I hope you use it accordingly to help form your own decision for your car.

When I first decided to mod the car I was quickly drawn to LET’s stage 1 package as everyone was talking about it and the price was pretty low for a lot of power in comparison to other tuners I looked up. Luckily I meet a couple local owners who already modded their car, one had PC and the other had an LET tune. All three of use went to Sacramento to run and to my amazement I wasn’t the slowest car. I in fact beat the stage 1 let tune car every time I went against it. I didn’t barely win either I clearly pulled harder on his car every time even when he jumped out in front of me. This brought up a lot of questions and there is a thread on here with videos to show it if you care to look into it. As far as the PC tuned car it ran great and because I already heard of some issues with LET I started looking into PC more.

(Here is the link to the thread)
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...stock-e55.html

I decided to go with PC as my tuner but when I went to get the mods installed there was a fire and PC couldn’t tune the car. I ended up going with Renntech which performed excellent for the most part. As a stage 1 in warm weather I consistently put mid to high 11s and averaged 11.5-11.7. I also have videos of the car running these times and you can find it under Sacramento results.

(here is the link in 105 degree weather on street tires after James from ACG did an awesome job in installing my stage 1 package and renntech tunes)
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...18-2009-a.html

Shortly after I installed headers and modded my exhaust to become a stage 2. I intitially was going to stick with Renntech because the car did well for just a box tune. The plan was to drive down to Arizona to get a custom tune but that fell through. The speedshift was having hiccups here and there and when I wanted to call Renntech to address it I was questioned why. I then fished for information and found two different stories which lead me to believe they are only interested in money. Shocking I know since you hear great things about Renntech but when I called Renntech in Florida I did find the truth. Truth is Renntech is great and even told me the information I was giving by their distributors was false and that they would never say that and that the prices were wrong. Because of that I dropped Renntech and went PC who has helped my friends out with their various AMG’s with no issues.
Jeremy dyno tuned my car as a stage 2 and it runs great. The car ran consistent 11.4s and recently 11.3s at Famoso. My 60 foot times were suffering from a differential problem causing just one tire to burn out. I would end up spinning off the line. My 60 foot times normally run 1.60s to 1.7 flat which would have given me an 11.2 or 11.3 flat ET. I don’t have videos of my 11.3 runs but plenty of witnesses to include time slips but here is an 11.5 run where you can see we are trying to work out the burnout issue.

(one run at famoso where you can see the right tire not spinning, causing the left to smoke up pretty good, both E55s are PC tuned)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2UyqAgRuaE

I know I was long winded in writing this but it concerns me when Nick55 writes a thread up about a recent 55’s engine being blown up by a tuner. He wouldn’t mention the tuner that did it but shortly after people started to accuse one tuner the thread was deleted. This bothers me as tuners are accountable for their actions and to not own up to it and instead hide behind the forum moderators while they advertise their tunes is just pitiful. You don’t see Congress telling me I can’t exercise free speech because I don’t like Obama? A tuner needs to own up to it’s mistakes and that is why I’m not telling you who I think you need to pick as a tuner. I’m sharing my experience with you so you can be cautious and aware while shopping around. Don’t let dyno graphs fool you, that LET car had high torque numbers and decent HP numbers but it fell off in the back end. Clearly in my inexperienced opinion they added a lot of fuel and timing to give you a feeling of more power. True some of their cars have put down great numbers but everyone I have seen has had an issue.

If Jeremy starts to tune again as he recently left PC, I’d suggest you highly consider him tuning your car. There have been no issues and he will address any concerns or desire for more power immediately.

If anyone in the area would like to run their stage 2 car against me that isn’t PC tuned I welcome it. Please compare another tuners file against mine, but bring drag radials so you can get an accurate ET for comparisons. In fact didn’t Eurocharged just have a big tune day in the bay area, where are you guys at lets go have some fun and compare?

I will be forwarding you a copy of this posting because I fear it will be deleted in response to the facts and opinions I stated will not be shared or appreciated by others. I’m here to help as a fell car enthusiast in answering your question honestly and to the best of my ability.

Last edited by Mikesamg; 02-06-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:52 PM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
cant say i have seen that club. i rode for decades but now im benzn!
ask the guys a t eurocharged about a tuning day. tony and jerry wanted to come back to atl and do another session then hit the track on sun for some races. ill definatly be there for that!

heres some eye candy for you to drool over till you get to atl!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...s/211144740016
Dammit! Now I gotta get a facebook account!

Originally Posted by Mikesamg
First off I am not interested in getting into a tuner vs tuner war I am simply sharing my experience and opinion. You asked about stage 2 and 3 and although plenty of people have told you who they prefer but no one has really shared why. Maybe I am wrong to assume but personal preferences generally seem to be bias as many are easily influenced by others. This is my experience with my car and I hope you use it accordingly to help form your own decision for your car.

When I first decided to mod the car I was quickly drawn to LET’s stage 1 package as everyone was talking about it and the price was pretty low for a lot of power in comparison to other tuners I looked up. Luckily I meet a couple local owners who already modded their car, one had PC and the other had an LET tune. All three of use went to Sacramento to run and to my amazement I wasn’t the slowest car. I in fact beat the stage 1 let tune car every time I went against it. I didn’t barely win either I clearly pulled harder on his car every time even when he jumped out in front of me. This brought up a lot of questions and there is a thread on here with videos to show it if you care to look into it. As far as the PC tuned car it ran great and because I already heard of some issues with LET I started looking into PC more.

I decided to go with PC as my tuner but when I went to get the mods installed there was a fire and PC couldn’t tune the car. I ended up going with Renntech which performed excellent for the most part. As a stage 1 in warm weather I consistently put mid to high 11s and averaged 11.5-11.7. I also have videos of the car running these times and you can find it under Sacramento results.

(here is the link in 105 degree weather on street tires after James from ACG did an awesome job in installing my stage 1 package and renntech tunes)

Shortly after I installed headers and modded my exhaust to become a stage 2. I intitially was going to stick with Renntech because the car did well for just a box tune. The plan was to drive down to Arizona to get a custom tune but that fell through. The speedshift was having hiccups here and there and when I wanted to call Renntech to address it I was questioned why. I then fished for information and found two different stories which lead me to believe they are only interested in money. Shocking I know since you hear great things about Renntech but when I called Renntech in Florida I did find the truth. Truth is Renntech is great and even told me the information I was giving by their distributors was false and that they would never say that and that the prices were wrong. Because of that I dropped Renntech and went PC who has helped my friends out with their various AMG’s with no issues.
Jeremy dyno tuned my car as a stage 2 and it runs great. The car ran consistent 11.4s and recently 11.3s at Famoso. My 60 foot times were suffering from a differential problem causing just one tire to burn out. I would end up spinning off the line. My 60 foot times normally run 1.60s to 1.7 flat which would have given me an 11.2 or 11.3 flat ET. I don’t have videos of my 11.3 runs but plenty of witnesses to include time slips but here is an 11.5 run where you can see we are trying to work out the burnout issue.

(one run at famoso where you can see the right tire not spinning, causing the left to smoke up pretty good, both E55s are PC tuned)

I know I was long winded in writing this but it concerns me when Nick55 writes a thread up about a recent 55’s engine being blown up by a tuner. He wouldn’t mention the tuner that did it but shortly after people started to accuse one tuner the thread was deleted. This bothers me as tuners are accountable for their actions and to not own up to it and instead hide behind the forum moderators while they advertise their tunes is just pitiful. You don’t see Congress telling me I can’t exercise free speech because I don’t like Obama? A tuner needs to own up to it’s mistakes and that is why I’m not telling you who I think you need to pick as a tuner. I’m sharing my experience with you so you can be cautious and aware while shopping around. Don’t let dyno graphs fool you, that LET car had high torque numbers and decent HP numbers but it fell off in the back end. Clearly in my inexperienced opinion they added a lot of fuel and timing to give you a feeling of more power. True some of their cars have put down great numbers but everyone I have seen has had an issue.

If Jeremy starts to tune again as he recently left PC, I’d suggest you highly consider him tuning your car. There have been no issues and he will address any concerns or desire for more power immediately.

If anyone in the area would like to run their stage 2 car against me that isn’t PC tuned I welcome it. Please compare another tuners file against mine, but bring drag radials so you can get an accurate ET for comparisons. In fact didn’t Eurocharged just have a big tune day in the bay area, where are you guys at lets go have some fun and compare?

I will be forwarding you a copy of this posting because I fear it will be deleted in response to the facts and opinions I stated will not be shared or appreciated by others. I’m here to help as a fell car enthusiast in answering your question honestly and to the best of my ability.
Thanks for sharing your opinions and experiences w/me Mikesamg. I really appreciate it. I'm definitely after real world, verifiable power gains. Feedback like this is why I posted the questions. I need unbiased opinions, advice and experiences. I'm not a rich guy, therefore, even though in the end, it'll be my decision on who tunes my car, I'd still like to make the most informed decision possible. You guys are just chock full of awesomeness!
BTW, PM sent.

Last edited by GedaBlaq; 02-06-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60

Very informative post. Anybody remember C&C music factory? "things that make u go hmmmmm" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo
Old 02-07-2010, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
Your stage two is running "11.3s" lol cool
Old 02-07-2010, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by E55Bullet
It's not as cool as the video above, what does yours run?
Old 02-07-2010, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55Bullet
Yeah, 11.3's is pretty cool but not as cool as all your mods listed in your signature . Mikesamg was just giving his opinion along with some track numbers to give reasons why he thinks PC would be a good choice. Maybe you could give a little more input other than what you posted. To be honest your post is rather useless.

Here's a thread I started last year about my experience with 2 different tuners. Like a few of my posts mention in this thread please take it for what it is, a opinion from my eyes. I'm hoping after gathering information from what other members provide you'll still do your own due diligence and come to your own conclusion. We all have our own opinions which should make for a great discussion.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...nt-tuners.html
Old 02-07-2010, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by bassn_07
Yeah, 11.3's is pretty cool but not as cool as all your mods listed in your signature . Mikesamg was just giving his opinion along with some track numbers to give reasons why he thinks PC would be a good choice. Maybe you could give a little more input other than what you posted. To be honest your post is rather useless.

Here's a thread I started last year about my experience with 2 different tuners. Like a few of my posts mention in this thread please take it for what it is, a opinion from my eyes. I'm hoping after gathering information from what other members provide you'll still do your own due diligence and come to your own conclusion. We all have our own opinions which should make for a great discussion.

Exactly, I posted information to use as a tool. If it pushes tuners for this platform to tighten up and do better then that is great. I don't want to stir anything up I just want tuners to make faster, better running vehicles. It only helps me, but if you want to scam then no one can tolerate it nor be afraid of repercussions for sharing that information. Mistakes happen and everyone learns from it, well I hope everyone will learn from it. Not everyone grows up and stops being a Toys R Us kid.

So how about we save the smart comments and share information, a board member is asking for experience to help tune his car so it can run great. That isn't too hard is it?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:13 AM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Originally Posted by bassn_07

Here's a thread I started last year about my experience with 2 different tuners. Like a few of my posts mention in this thread please take it for what it is, a opinion from my eyes. I'm hoping after gathering information from what other members provide you'll still do your own due diligence and come to your own conclusion. We all have our own opinions which should make for a great discussion

Thanks bassn_07!

Exactly, I posted information to use as a tool. If it pushes tuners for this platform to tighten up and do better then that is great. I don't want to stir anything up I just want tuners to make faster, better running vehicles. It only helps me, but if you want to scam then no one can tolerate it nor be afraid of repercussions for sharing that information. Mistakes happen and everyone learns from it, well I hope everyone will learn from it. Not everyone grows up and stops being a Toys R Us kid.

So how about we save the smart comments and share information, a board member is asking for experience to help tune his car so it can run great. That isn't too hard is it?
Thanks Mikesamg!

Last edited by GedaBlaq; 02-07-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:25 AM

e55

what are your mods ? talking to alan the other night and forgot sorry lol. if u have headers then ur stage 3 but still fast as he** . i told alan with same mods as u i think headers,tune,pulley i ran 11.4 so can i see urs running the same yes u have a great tuner out there and bigger pulley than me . but congrats and shhh i wont tell lol u make it run the 11.3 alan really cant drive his car is slow

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stage 2 & 3 Tune Questions