Sponsored by:

Why so many power discrepancies?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 & CL CK60
Why so many power discrepancies?

I hope I dont get lynched for asking...But I just got done dumping a lot of money into my car being rebuilt and doing a considerable amount of mods and I am constantly reading about cars that have much less mods (stage 1 or stage 2) that are doing the same or better dyno numbers. I know dyno doesnt mean much but I cant help but wonder why such large variations - even when comparing using the same brand dyno (mustang, dyno jet, etc). I broke into mid 5's with my build but I read of others who have supposedly a fraction of th e mods doing much bigger numbers and I am wondering if there is something I am doing wrong...Ultimately I know track numbers trump all but I am curious if there are some hidden mods everyone with these crazy numbers is doing that I am not aware of.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by beauphus
I hope I dont get lynched for asking...But I just got done dumping a lot of money into my car being rebuilt and doing a considerable amount of mods and I am constantly reading about cars that have much less mods (stage 1 or stage 2) that are doing the same or better dyno numbers. I know dyno doesnt mean much but I cant help but wonder why such large variations - even when comparing using the same brand dyno (mustang, dyno jet, etc). I broke into mid 5's with my build but I read of others who have supposedly a fraction of th e mods doing much bigger numbers and I am wondering if there is something I am doing wrong...Ultimately I know track numbers trump all but I am curious if there are some hidden mods everyone with these crazy numbers is doing that I am not aware of.
You already said it, dyno #'s are just numbers for tuning the car. Get it to the track if you want the real gauge of how much power you are making. Alan's car dyno's at 447 or something like that but he traps over 130. get it to the track!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:20 PM

e55
get ur car down to moroso or whatever the new name is .. see what it does on track to get what it really can do .. but i'm like u dont get the #'s cars are putting down with alot less mods .. from talking to pat ur car should be a beast
Old 02-21-2010, 04:26 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
Originally Posted by vinnyz
get ur car down to moroso or whatever the new name is .. see what it does on track to get what it really can do .. but i'm like u dont get the #'s cars are putting down with alot less mods .. from talking to pat ur car should be a beast
She's a beast for sure. The power curve is perfect as is torque and afr. The power comes on early and never plateaus or dips. Makes constant strong power all through the band. I just don't understand some of these other cars claiming a lot less mods yet making 50rwhp more then mine. Strange...
Old 02-21-2010, 04:35 PM

e55
She's a beast for sure. The power curve is perfect as is torque and afr. The power comes on early and never plateaus or dips. Makes constant strong power all through the band. I just don't understand some of these other cars claiming a lot less mods yet making 50rwhp more then mine. Strange...
hey i'm right there with u on that .. think we have to take into effect that we live in fl and our weather sucks with the humidity is always high here .. these cars are beast in low humidity .. thats my theory on it .. but from what i know about ur car u should be one of the fastest cars here just have to get right tires for track and learn how to launch it . a few guys here have 55's now and showed them at track and they ran there best times .. i like to see urs run for sure
Old 02-21-2010, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
Yeah man, dyno numbers are really only good for same day tuning, effect, etc. I think a lot of people on here inflate their dyno numbers as much as their egos, then get dddrrrruuuuuugggggg....
Old 02-21-2010, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Your car will be one of the fastest on here. Don't worry about the dyno number. It's the track that where it'll count. Also dynos are tuning tool and some dynos can be manipulate so the number car be inflate. I'm glad your car is back and running, enjoy it and stay away from the puddles.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Dyno numbers don't mean anything. Get the car to the track and make people
Old 02-21-2010, 05:35 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
Originally Posted by vinnyz
hey i'm right there with u on that .. think we have to take into effect that we live in fl and our weather sucks with the humidity is always high here .. these cars are beast in low humidity .. thats my theory on it .. but from what i know about ur car u should be one of the fastest cars here just have to get right tires for track and learn how to launch it . a few guys here have 55's now and showed them at track and they ran there best times .. i like to see urs run for sure
Probably gonna run bad until i get drag radials...I run a 305/25/20 in the rear. Maybe ill hold the title "fastest on 20's & rubberbands". lol
Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
What mods do you have?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:18 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
What mods do you have?
82 tb
renntech v3 airbox
PTE/VRP cams
MBH headers
ported n polished heads
upgraded H/E
180 renntech pulley
titanium valve spring retainers
PTE thermostat
heat spacers
renntech ELM
Quaife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnbMsdWenhc
Old 02-21-2010, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Take it from the king of Dyno Queens. Dynos dont mean crap.

First E55 (or pretty close) in the US to push to 700hp and last time at Famoso..................

couldn't break into 11's.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:07 PM

06 E55 / 13 C63
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Take it from the king of Dyno Queens. Dynos dont mean crap.

First E55 (or pretty close) in the US to push to 700hp and last time at Famoso..................

couldn't break into 11's.

Yea, but what were your traps? Personally, I don't care much for the 1/4 ... so if you're trapping 125-130, you should be very happy (I know I would be) ...

What does it take in an E55 to trap 125-130mph? pulley/tune/HE/pump/headers/tb get you there or close to it?
Old 02-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Dyno numbers don't mean anything. Get the car to the track and make people
+1
Old 02-21-2010, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dynos dont mean anything.
Last year I dynoed 534RWHP on a dyno dynamics
2 days ago, i dynoed on a different dyno dynamics and got 427 RWHP
Every dyno is different.
I can tell you that my car certainly hasnt goten any slower since last year
Old 02-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
Dynos dont mean anything.
Last year I dynoed 534RWHP on a dyno dynamics
2 days ago, i dynoed on a different dyno dynamics and got 427 RWHP
Every dyno is different.
I can tell you that my car certainly hasnt goten any slower since last year
Blue Monster's ride is indeed QUICK!
Old 02-21-2010, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Blue Monster's ride is indeed QUICK!
Compared to yours it is SLOWWWWWWWW
Old 02-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
Compared to yours it is SLOWWWWWWWW
PPPPPSSSSSSTTTTTT....HARDLY my good friend...yer car IS an absolute beast!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 07:39 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
why are all the fast AMG's in cali? must be those fast tarcks u guys have. im gonna have to put the east coast on the map
Old 02-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

W221
why are all the fast AMG's in cali? must be those fast tarcks u guys have. im gonna have to put the east coast on the map
There are a good number of FAST AMG's on the east coast...
Old 02-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Most AMGs are sold in SOCal. East coast tracks are actually faster......
Old 02-21-2010, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by ELITE_KOV
Yea, but what were your traps? Personally, I don't care much for the 1/4 ... so if you're trapping 125-130, you should be very happy (I know I would be) ...

What does it take in an E55 to trap 125-130mph? pulley/tune/HE/pump/headers/tb get you there or close to it?
Hell with the right ecu tune, pulley and exhaust improvement can get you close to 125 and you'll need intake work along with a throttle body upgrade to be able to get you close to 130.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Haha....us West Coast guys were thinking of coming to MIR and race with you guys over there. I have to admit you guys do have it tough most of the year but if you look at places like Bradenton and Orlando during this time of the year you'll see that you also have some very fast tracks with very low humidity which sit at sea level. Bradenton was at -500 with 35% humidity the other day..... Vinny is trapping with the best of them with some excellent MPH. When you track your car Vinny's car will be a excellent comparison.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:07 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Haha....us West Coast guys were thinking of coming to MIR and race with you guys over there. I have to admit you guys do have it tough most of the year but if you look at places like Bradenton and Orlando during this time of the year you'll see that you also have some very fast tracks with very low humidity which sit at sea level. Bradenton was at -500 with 35% humidity the other day..... Vinny is trapping with the best of them with some excellent MPH. When you track your car Vinny's car will be a excellent comparison.
im predicting my car wont do too well in the 1/4 with these wagon wheels i got on it. alan - let me borrow ur rears and skinnies for a minute...
Old 02-21-2010, 08:44 PM

e55
hey u watch it now some of us east coast guys have fast cars .. when u wanna track it then let me know i'll be more than willing to let u use my 17's with mickey's .. besides i need something here to beat my times to make me wanna come out of retirement damn i sound like brett favre

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why so many power discrepancies?