W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Would You Do If The Dealer Admitted To Raping Your Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
I bought my E55 from MB Westminster and was happy overall with the experience.
Yasin
Old 03-02-2010, 07:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55 K2
Originally Posted by AUS-E55
Here is what I wrote on the other forum. I would hate for the idiot to loose his job if he was just full of crap. But I do think the manager needs to be told. I think he will owe you guys that use that dealer one though.
Sweet Aus! Saw your reply on H-I, let me know how the conversation with the Service Manager goes! Good luck. If the Service Mgr is a A-Hole I say MB USA should be notified?

Yasin
Old 03-02-2010, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Unfortunately some people don't respect your car, like you do. I would be very pissed if, I found out the a tech has been thrashing my car. We would have words trust me, and the management would get a ear full as well. And I trust that this individual would no longer be employed at this dealership. The dealership doesn't want this publicity getting out about their techs. If perspective clients found out that the technicians are thrashing their cars, when it is brought in for servicing. I'm sure that wouldn't buy from that particular dealership. I've not seen or heard anything negative from my two local dealerships, in NOVA. Keeping the fingers crossed........
Old 03-02-2010, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
You'd think its only the techs who trash your car.
When I asked my sales to show me an C63, he took me to their storage few blocks away from the show room. In front of the storage, he pointed me a building meters straight ahead and told me how he "accelerates to 150km before reaching that building with an SL63"

Then few days later he taught me how important breaking-in properly is

Last edited by RW C55; 03-02-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
+1 to getting over it

I was a technician for quite a few years, and am now a consumer knowing both ends of the spectrum. Although not a great feeling- entrusting your vehicle to someone/entity you don't know- let the emotion pass. You can't see your money in the bank, but know it's there. You can't see the teachers' at your kids school teaching, but trust them to do a good job. Ask your advisor for his opinion on who should work on the car. 9/10 times he'll give it to his most responsible tech, and you'll have nothing to worry about.

+++1 to STOP WORRYING.

--also- no one will respect your stuff in life. You give it value and meaning.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55 K2
Originally Posted by socali.luv
I was a technician for quite a few years, and am now a consumer knowing both ends of the spectrum. Although not a great feeling- entrusting your vehicle to someone/entity you don't know- let the emotion pass. You can't see your money in the bank, but know it's there. You can't see the teachers' at your kids school teaching, but trust them to do a good job. Ask your advisor for his opinion on who should work on the car. 9/10 times he'll give it to his most responsible tech, and you'll have nothing to worry about.

+++1 to STOP WORRYING.

--also- no one will respect your stuff in life. You give it value and meaning.
Good reply with well thought analogies.