W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Would You Do If The Dealer Admitted To Raping Your Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
What Would You Do If The Dealer Admitted To Raping Your Car?

I know this is a strange post, but has been bothering me all day. I work really hard and I mean bust my ***** to afford my 55 and could only afford a used car with a bit higher miles.

I am very meticulous with my 55 and infact with all my cars and taught myself Mechanics as at an early age I did not trust mechanics working on my car due to their inflated prices, their lack of trust and the fact that they will never treat your car like you would!

So today, I saw on another forum that I frequent an MB Tech \ employee openly admit on the forum that at the MB dealership he works at and I quote:
"work on those damn cars and seen them get stumpped by a 240 what a shame but there nice *** cars specially when they come in for service and we drive the **** out of the customers cars lol since its not ours!!"

where this Tech \ employee is replying to a thread on an E55.

The dealership is extremely well known and it makes me want to escalate this. What I did was to exchange PMs with this MB Tech that likes to drive the **** of our cars. I emailed him, and pretended that I had a problematic S500 and he gave me his details he even offered to work on my fictitious S500 "on the side" after I paid for a 1 hour diagnosis at the dealer!

I hate the fact that we take our cars to the dealership that is supposed to be trusting and focused on the highest quality of service, only to have our cars beaten up on by some negligent and non caring A-hole tech. In fact a few people saw his post and were disgusted, as was I.

I know this happens all the time with high performance cars in the hands of delinquent non caring mechanics, but it makes me cringe..should I let I let go?

What would you do?

Yasin
Old 02-28-2010, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
1. Let it slide! he is probally talking out is azz!
2. Find another dealer.
3. Remain a customer and request that he not work on your car.
4. Wait till your car is serviced as opposed to leaving it.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55 K2
Originally Posted by emoving
1. Let it slide! he is probally talking out is azz!
2. Find another dealer.
3. Remain a customer and request that he not work on your car.
4. Wait till your car is serviced as opposed to leaving it.
What happens if you do not have the luxury of waiting? So you think I am over reacting and should look the other way?
Old 02-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
+1 let it slide. They have not done anything to your car. Who knows the mb tech must be just bull****ting on the forums.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
They all suck , if it isnt abusive driving its blatant disregard for the vehicle . I had BMW of Bayside NY respray my 745LI doors 4 times ! Everytime the car went in for service it came back with new dents .

What u need to do is grab your service advisor and go a lil "Brooklyn" on him . LOL
Old 02-28-2010, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by slownrusty
What happens if you do not have the luxury of waiting? So you think I am over reacting and should look the other way?
Probally. I mean, I am sure they get on them but that is what they are meant to do. Guys drag race them and they do fine. I doubt he is drag racing and he is probally on a 5 minute test drive. I always clean the hell out of mine before I take it in and I tell them not to wash it. I dont want them to even wipe it down. Then I look around for rubber in the wheel wells, heavy brake dust ect. He is probally some low life tool that wishes he could afford one but instead he is reduced to working on them.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:30 PM

CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
LOL, I've got his name and number !! what's the dealership ?? PM me
Old 02-28-2010, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I would definitely mark your mileage for sure. Most service visits will NOT require a test drive by the tech but some unfortunately do.

That's a really hard call.

I equate it to complaining about a waiter or chef at a restaurant and then going in for a meal. You know what is gonna be in that food.

Sounds strange but sometimes in life, you just gotta play the game. Perhaps try to make friends with the "beater" even if it's a fake relationship. Makes it a LOT harder to torch a car of a guy you know and "like" (meaning him)
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55 K2
Well thanks for the feedback gang. I just see it morally wrong and a hard pill for me to swallow and accept or "look the other way". I don't care if it is a S65 or a Hyundai Accent, you buy what you can afford and people should respect your ****...regardless.
Yasin
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AUS-E55
LOL, I've got his name and number !! what's the dealership ?? PM me
Hey AUS, are you lowered, on what? You car sits nice. Sorry OP
Old 02-28-2010, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55 K2
e - you are ruining my thread mate!! LOL

Aus - PM sent!

Sorry Jak I cannot be friends or even fake being friends with pond scum.

Yasin
Old 02-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I say take him up on the side work. Having a friend in the dealership is good.

BTW, I work at my uncle's pontiac / GMC / Caddy lot for a few years and was known to punch / spinout some client cars being test driven. Not saying it isn't a big deal. Just saying it doesn't mean the cat is anything but a little immature. Use the connection.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Slow-

I'll share my newest dilemma with you since you brought it up. Especially since I am trying to "get over it" myself...

Dealership visit on Tuesday, Feb. 23rd at exactly 8:00 a.m. for a Service A and to check a belt to see if they could get the squeaking to stop on cold starts. Call me at 5:45 p.m. telling me that can't duplicate the problem and they want to keep it for the next morning when it's chilly.

Day two: They call me next to inform me they cracked my front lip later that afternoon. No big deal considering they tell me they will pay for it and were upstanding about the fact they damaged something. I tell him to go ahead and replace the belt seeing as how I literally am slammed at work and I need to pick the car up later that day. I get a call around 5:30 telling me they can't get to the car until the morning... I say whatever and let it be...

Day three (for a service a and a belt...) I get a call around 4 in the afternoon saying the car is done and I can pick it up. Go pick the car up, pay my tab enter the vehicle to find that it has been driven a total of 6 miles (3 more than recorded on the service invoice) and the playlist on my iPod has been changed... Seems someone went for a little joy ride. I don't think much of it until I'm taking another member here to pick his car up and only to get back on the highway and hit the throttle and WTF... NO POWER.

I brought this dealer a very healthy beautiful car and it was returned 2.5 days later with excess milage for a job that literally required them to do absolutely no driving at all. Let alone a joy ride, a busted front lip and now a failed IC pump it seems. I'm *** livid. I'll see tomorrow how much of my complaints will be heard, I'm not guessing much at all but if this is a serious problem consistently with dealers then I agree with you, something must be said or done.

Here's to "getting over it"
Old 03-01-2010, 01:04 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
1990 300ce supercharged and intercooled
tgoss,
do not worry about the mileage on the RO. I have been a dealer tech for a long time and we just through a few miles on the RO out mileage to show change. Hardly anyone ever writes it down and enters that after a test drive do to the fact it normally does not come back in your bay afterwards. Also it went to the body shop and back. For the intercooler pump, there is no way to cause that to fail. They really are junk. Its embarrassing to have these simple things go wrong so often. Also they would have noticed it if they had been driving the car very hard.
Also what dealer do you go to? I use to work and live in Denver and could maybe help out with getting to know the right people.

Last edited by whipplem104; 03-01-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:13 AM
acb

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 e55 amg
Coincidentally, or should I say tragically, I drove past this wreck about 2 minutes after it happened this morning. P car being "test driven". Stopped to see if I could help but gee, nothing anyone could do for the guys. Never want to see what I saw again. Dont know how the Ambos and Coppers do it tbh.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...0301-pcgp.html
Old 03-01-2010, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by whipplem104
tgoss,
do not worry about the mileage on the RO. I have been a dealer tech for a long time and we just through a few miles on the RO out mileage to show change. Hardly anyone ever writes it down and enters that after a test drive do to the fact it normally does not come back in your bay afterwards. Also it went to the body shop and back. For the intercooler pump, there is no way to cause that to fail. They really are junk. Its embarrassing to have these simple things go wrong so often. Also they would have noticed it if they had been driving the car very hard.
Also what dealer do you go to? I use to work and live in Denver and could maybe help out with getting to know the right people.
PM Sent that would be much appreciated

Yes sooner or later things are bound to break. I'm cool with that. It's more of the my music being changed and someone "test driving" the car for a job that required none whatsoever.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55 K2
tgoss - I am sorry to hear about the damage to your car and the terrible service...this infuriates me. Was this MB of Westminster or Murray Motors?

Yasin
Old 03-01-2010, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by slownrusty
tgoss - I am sorry to hear about the damage to your car and the terrible service...this infuriates me. Was this MB of Westminster or Murray Motors?

Yasin
Neither, Littleton actually.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:45 PM

E55, 911 Carrera, CLK350 Cab, Expedition - kid mover & huntin' truck
If I found that comment and could track it to the dealership I would print the page and write a polite letter to the dealership's GM asking if they condone this practice, how can they assure you to trust your car will be treated in their hands as it would be in yours....or do they prefer you take the issue to MB USA?

MB has done a much better job than other manufacturers at tying financial incentives to the dealers with customer satisfaction.

I have to say that I have had great experience with my dealer (MB Boerne, TX) with the only challenge being calibrating my SA that I do know a thing or two and I also understand the value of a $...otherwise their pricing can get just plain silly (but I'm sure they have many customers that don't ask a question and just pay).
Old 03-01-2010, 10:01 PM

04 e55
Unfortunetly these things happen. Think about it, most techs dont drive amg cars so everychance they get to take one for a "road test" they do. Today I heard a crazy story from a friend with a very nice M5. He took it in to the dealer for a oil change and when he went back to pick up his car there were 65 miles added to the odo. He was very upset and complained to them, the answer he got was "it was a required test drive to make sure everything is ok" BULL SHI*. He called up the maneger and told him how he felt but theres nothing he can do except give the dealer a ZERO on the customer sheet. This is a very low mileage m5 with tastefull mods. Just sux that someone took his hardwork and beat the **** out of it. Some people have no respect thats life.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
Originally Posted by whipplem104
tgoss,
Even if most techs do what you say and only add a few miles to the car, it's unacceptable to add SIX when the car doesn't need to be driven at all to fix/test the issue.

The last time my wife took our ML63 in and when she got it back there was an extra 10 miles on the odometer, the wife threw a fit at the dealer. I personally don't blame her as I'm sure most techs do like test driving customer cars.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55 K2
So what are we saying guys...? Seems like most of you are agreeing that our cars (and similar performance autos) are just being mal-treated, mis-treated and driven inconsiderately.

Does this have to happen before we say enough is enough? Please read it:
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...0301-pcgp.html

I am waiting to hear back from Aus, but inclined to NOT lay down or bent over by some delinquent.

Yasin
Old 03-02-2010, 12:23 AM

CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
Here is what I wrote on the other forum. I would hate for the idiot to loose his job if he was just full of crap. But I do think the manager needs to be told. I think he will owe you guys that use that dealer one though.

I am going to call tomorrow and talk to his Service Manager but im not going to name names, I will say that there is a few people on this forum and another forum that drive a benz that are more than worried about it, they really pissed about it seeing as they get their cars worked on at MB of Sugarland and some of these people I wouldnt want to **** with,
Personally I'm not a snitch but what I would like to do it get a hold of his ****ing car keys put him in the passenger seat and teach him how to rag on a car I think he will earn a greater respect for other peoples ****.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
guys thats nothing,i just heard today that a friends M5 went in for an oil change,now this car is modded to hell,blacked out wheels,blacked out everything.

full headers,tune,basically everything you can do to it staying NA

car has like 6,000 miles on it and the freaking dealer put 60 MILES on it,my friend is furious and has threatened them(like not suit)but like im gona kill the tech.the car has like a 10k dollar header exh setup

he is dealing with bmw NA,the car was molested for about an hour lol

Last edited by skratch77; 03-02-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 CLS63 AMG
At MB of Westminster, they have a live shot of the garage in the waiting room so you can see whats exactly going on. Places here in denver such as murray and littleton are crap. Bunch of thugs off the streets work there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What Would You Do If The Dealer Admitted To Raping Your Car?