W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP and Eurocharged Team up to create the newest generation pulley! Now in stock!

Old 03-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
Talking ASP and Eurocharged Team up to create the newest generation pulley! Now in stock!

Eurocharged Performance has teamed up with ASP to co-design, co-engineer, and produce what we think is one of the best pulleys on the market.

It’s been 6 long months, and many hours of engineering work, but the end results speak for themselves.

The newest generation pulley has some design changes that will allow for an easier install, and more performance over the competition due to the lightweight material used. The 172mm pulley is 2.55 lbs lighter than the stock Mercedes pulley!

So how did this come about?

Well, last summer, Eurocharged was struggling with our current supplier to keep up with production. The pullies were leaving the shelves, and our lead time was growing exponentially. Something had to change. So, we thought who better then to talk to about pulley manufacturing then Auto Specialty Performance? A phone call was all it took, and a new relationship was formed. After countless drawing revisions, quality testing, and field testing, we feel we have really created the perfect product. ASP now fabricates and assembles all of our pullies directly at their headquarters in Stafford TX!

172mm V8
180mm V8

181mm V6
185mm V6

Give me a call at the shop for the best price 630-496-8660 or email me sales@eurocharged.com

Greg
Old 03-02-2010, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
What is the weight differential between the 180 and the stock pulley?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:06 PM

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 AMG GTR, '04 CL55, '04 E55, '03 CLK500, '01 E55,94 E500, '91 190E 2.5-16 EVOII, '86 560SL
PM sent
Old 03-02-2010, 09:00 PM

CLS55 AMG RENNtech 5+
I think I got the first one (180mm) on my CLS55. Jerry tuned it for me on Sunday morning.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
Originally Posted by Gator AMG
I think I got the first one (180mm) on my CLS55. Jerry tuned it for me on Sunday morning.
So...tell us what you think. I should hopefully be getting mine this week.

I'm assuming (based on your sig) that you swapped out a renntech pulley for this larger one. Do you feel any of the infamous lag that is derived from a larger pulley in daily driving scenarios?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:43 PM

CLS55 AMG RENNtech 5+
Originally Posted by Roseylv
So...tell us what you think. I should hopefully be getting mine this week.

I'm assuming (based on your sig) that you swapped out a renntech pulley for this larger one. Do you feel any of the infamous lag that is derived from a larger pulley in daily driving scenarios?

Yes, I swapped out the 168mm RENNtech pulley for the 180mm pulley. I just got it back on Sunday afternoon so I only have about 50 miles on it so far. I hadn't heard of any lag issues previously and I have not noticed any. The car picked up about 86 peak RWTQ (down low), but only about 7 peak RWHP (up top). However, there are good gains throughout the RPM band in HP and TQ. AFRs are fairly steady at 12.3. Driveability remains great. The car is beast for a 4-door luxury car. I'm currently talking to my local performance shop about mild cams, head work, and high flow catalytic converters.

I did note that the RENNtech pulley I had previously had some movement in it when the car was running (I ran it for about 12K miles). This new pulley appears to be without movement.

Enjoy yours when you get it!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:20 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by Gator AMG
Yes, I swapped out the 168mm RENNtech pulley for the 180mm pulley. I just got it back on Sunday afternoon so I only have about 50 miles on it so far. I hadn't heard of any lag issues previously and I have not noticed any. The car picked up about 86 peak RWTQ (down low), but only about 7 peak RWHP (up top). However, there are good gains throughout the RPM band in HP and TQ. AFRs are fairly steady at 12.3. Driveability remains great. The car is beast for a 4-door luxury car. I'm currently talking to my local performance shop about mild cams, head work, and high flow catalytic converters.

I did note that the RENNtech pulley I had previously had some movement in it when the car was running (I ran it for about 12K miles). This new pulley appears to be without movement.

Enjoy yours when you get it!

What throttle body and headers you have? Sounds like one or both are holding you back some up-top.. Very nice low and mid range gains!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 03-02-2010, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
. ASP now fabricates and assembles all of our pullies directly at their headquarters in Stafford TX!

Does this mean it will wobble like prior ASP pulleys? I am hoping for a trouble free and wobble free pulley. I honestly purchased from you not knowing the affiliation with ASP which is a negative in my book. Someone make me feel better quick as I am about to receive products I am now unsure of.

Last edited by pearlpower; 03-02-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
Obviously I'll let Greg answer that question although I can comment on my previous experience with ASP.

I had an old design ASP pulley on my E55 4 years ago. I noticed it wobbled and when I pulled it off, it visibly had cracked welds. Lee @ ASP took back the pulley and immediately replaced it. To be frank, their old design that encompassed the welded outer ring to a basically stock pulley was not the greatest design. What I do know is that ASP has been around and stands behind the products (at least from what I know).

This looks to be a whole new design. I take Gators feedback as positive feedback

I can't wait for my pulley!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
OK, a couple of reviews on this pulley now and both are positive, no wobble mentioned. Crossing my fingers.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Dont the pulleys need the weight to get the harmonic balance right?
Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 148 Likes on 108 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by pearlpower

Does this mean it will wobble like prior ASP pulleys? I am hoping for a trouble free and wobble free pulley. I honestly purchased from you not knowing the affiliation with ASP which is a negative in my book. Someone make me feel better quick as I am about to receive products I am now unsure of.

There is a video of the new pulley running on the car.

Video

The pulley is designed by Eurocharged with help from ASP. It is not the welded design.