W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off to more reliable pastures! Bye E63

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203-4M W163
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
They certainly do.

The eye of Cylinder Head is upon this thread....
JABOL?

Jabol.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by coold8
I knew someone would say that, you gotta pay to play. This is not a pay to play issue, clearly I was paying to play, for inconvenience. Having a car in a shop every week for one stupid problem after another is a major issue, whether you are a billionaire or have $10 to your pocket. The reason why I was pointing out the financial is to prove a point, more expensive is not always better. If a $40,000 car doesn't have these problems, then why should a car double it's cost have problems? To bring you back to reality, you are spending $90,000 on a car, there is no excuse for it not to be reasonable when it comes to reliability. PERIOD.
Sorry, man. You are right - that is way too much to have to go through for a premium car. Other than tires and bent rims (which happens with most high performance cars on low profile tires), your other headaches should not have happened.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
They certainly do.

The eye of Cylinder Head is upon this thread....
There is some pretty funny crap in this thread including the OP's search for company in his misery; which he wont get. Emoving summed it up early and well about your driving and the car; and you are 21 with 4 pts? It sounds as if bad things just follow you. I do wish you well though.

As for this Cylinder Post- it just made me laugh cause CH is a bit of a warlock who can do very bad things to people.

"The eye of Cylinder Head is upon this thread" bahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 03-16-2010, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG & CLK350
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
well all i can say is low oil on a new motor is common
My car has pinged me for more oil twice now in less than 10k miles, lol.

I have to join the crowd and say that my E63 is the most reliable car I've owned so far, especiallly with the mileage I have on it. This car is a rock!!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by coold8
Yea to clarify,

Fender Bender: Was hit parked at a light for 45 seconds, in the rear, by someone not paying attention. Bumper replaced, but dealer did not realize the crack that had happened near the glass of the left taillight, and during repair they chipped off the piece that was cracked.
Rims: I have hit plenty of pot holes with the EX, never bent a rim. Also if you don't live in DC or NY you don't understand that if there is a car next to you, and a car in front of you, sometimes it is between you hitting another car or taking a hit from the pothole. What I am saying with the rims is that yes, it is on the driver to avoid, however if it happens a somewhat sturdy rim is reasonable. I see it as a quality issue, keep in mind tires were all-seasons, not sport tires. You should be able to take a hit once in a while.
Keys: I know it was only $5 (actually free), but it is all about hassle, not cost.
Headlamp: Nothing hit the headlamp, noticed flickering, assembly replaced, noticed flickering again after fixing, replaced again, finally fixed flickering, then they forgot to reprogram the light. It is a share of Mercedes and Dealer fault, but the dealer represents Mercedes, so I consider it more of a flaw with Mercedes.
Keyless Go: To say when it works its awesome is not a valid excuse. There are plenty of cars that have extremely similar technology (Lexus, Acura, BMW), and they work just fine. It isn't new technology get it right.
Air Intake: I did not play with it at all, I noticed it when a friend asked to pop the hood.

I know I am posting this on a fanboy forum, and wasn't expecting a well reception, however future buyers may actually hear something unbiased for once. Call my arguments irrational or crazy, call me poor, call me whatever you want, but what it all comes down to is hassle. Whether it is a broken key, or shabby repair, it is hassle. I don't blame the insurance on Mercedes, that is on me, but it all goes into cost of ownership versus hassle.

Why are you so willing to defend something that clearly doesn't show quality or well thought out planning? Example: Make a rim sturdy enough to eat a pot hole once in a while. It is a heavy car, a sedan, and not every road you take it on will be perfect, especially here in the US. Then if you get quality you move on to service. The dealer should fix the car perfectly every time, not leave a hose out or any other excuse. We pay a premium for the car, you should expect not only performance but true craftsmanship. Porsches tend to be extremely reliable from ratings, and when talking to owners. Meanwhile I have many friends that claim problems with their Mercedes, from a 2004 SL55 to a 2008 S550 (which has had 4 warranty repairs in 20,000 miles), to a 2008 GL450 (which they are now in a pending lemon law lawsuit against). Why do you find this acceptable? Even most of the people posting in this post, have referenced problems. There are very few people here that have said, my car has worked perfectly from day one.
So everyone, I dropped off the Mercedes an hour ago, which means, I am done with this whole mess. Good luck with it, and I hope you don't experience the same problems I had or in your future car purchases. If you ever want to "downgrade" to a brand new, GTR, IS-F, or trade to a reliable SUV, you will understand after you get past this car, just how important reliability is, even when tied to performance. Mercedes has started to notice it, and eventually you will follow. Either that or you are so loaded, you just keep buying new ones when the old one breaks. A friend of mine said it best, "the Europeans believe when it breaks, replace the car, the Japanese believe when it breaks, if and when it does, you fix it, and the Americans don't know if it is broken or if it was just designed that way."

Good night and good luck!

"45 seconds, in the rear" oh I could but I won't go there!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
My car is cursed, but it's not MB's fault (run over a blown out truck tire: new foglight, mount, and temp mount; bent two rims in pothole on on ramp; curb checked when some a**hole moved halfway into my lane) I think the only MB problems were my glovebox pulley and driver rear air shock w/ assorted fittings...