Eurocharged, my personal experience with them

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Eurocharged, my personal experience with them

Like many people, I have been reading the blown engine threads. I don’t want to get into any of the details regarding them. I only want to share my experience dealing with the guys at Eurocharged.

Awhile back, I talked to Jerry about a dyno tune and an upgrade to the 82mm TB. I sent Eurocharged a deposit. I have not gone up to Chicago because of the snowy winter (I live in Indy). About the time I was going to take my car up to Greg and the Eruocharged folks, I read the blown engine threads. The threads caused me to take pause. Not because I did not feel confident in Eurocharged, not at all. I have great confidence in Eurocharged and know they do great work. I took pause because my car already has mods on it and over 60k miles on the engine. Even the best engine is going to wear out and wear out faster when it is modified. So I called to talk to Greg. He said that if I don’t feel perfectly comfortable then he will refund my money. Obviously, Greg did not need to do this, but I truly believe he wants what is best for his customers. Right now, it is probably best for me not to do more mods and Greg agreed.

I had not been off of the phone ten minutes and I get a call from Jerry trying to chase down the Paypal transaction so he can get started on the refund. These guys are really serious about customer service. They made getting a refund to a customer that changed his mind a top priority. What does that tell you about being committed to their customers? It tells me they truly care.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
Originally Posted by cal1
Like many people, I have been reading the blown engine threads. I don’t want to get into any of the details regarding them. I only want to share my experience dealing with the guys at Eurocharged.

Awhile back, I talked to Jerry about a dyno tune and an upgrade to the 82mm TB. I sent Eurocharged a deposit. I have not gone up to Chicago because of the snowy winter (I live in Indy). About the time I was going to take my car up to Greg and the Eruocharged folks, I read the blown engine threads. The threads caused me to take pause. Not because I did not feel confident in Eurocharged, not at all. I have great confidence in Eurocharged and know they do great work. I took pause because my car already has mods on it and over 60k miles on the engine. Even the best engine is going to wear out and wear out faster when it is modified. So I called to talk to Greg. He said that if I don’t feel perfectly comfortable then he will refund my money. Obviously, Greg did not need to do this, but I truly believe he wants what is best for his customers. Right now, it is probably best for me not to do more mods and Greg agreed.

I had not been off of the phone ten minutes and I get a call from Jerry trying to chase down the Paypal transaction so he can get started on the refund. These guys are really serious about customer service. They made getting a refund to a customer that changed his mind a top priority. What does that tell you about being committed to their customers? It tells me they truly care.

Curt,
Sorry I have mot Pm'd you back. Here is my opinions on your situation. I agree with you and everyone else on how they feel about tunes, and EC in general. I too was worried for a minute until I relized that I have had their parts and tune for almost a year now and have had no problems what so ever except possibly one of the faster stage one e55's in the midwest. If you have any daubts about EC now would probably be the best time to get a tune. They have been in the spot light lately and I know they dont want another blown motor "story" on their hands. On another note, your car runs fantastic, it has for a while, and it almost like you don't want to mess up a good thing. The only reason to get a new TB and tune would be to beat me , Just kidding! I think it was great that they are trying to refund your money. Is that not the point of a deposit? In case you back out, they still get some money for their time and efforts? I think that is great. All in all when you mod a car things will break, parts need upgrading, and things ALWAYS go wrong as you are well aware of. I understand why you would back out due to all of the horror stories going on, BUT what are you going to do now? You have all the right mods on the SL! We just need to unleash all of your hidden power!

Chad
Old 03-18-2010, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
I would have thought you would want EC to at least check your A/F now that you have a larger TB. To lean or not to lean that is the question.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
I would have thought you would want EC to at least check your A/F now that you have a larger TB. To lean or not to lean that is the question.
I dynoed after the TB and headers. I forget the A/Fs right now, but talked to Renntech and they said they were right in line.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by E55Bullet
Curt,
Sorry I have mot Pm'd you back. Here is my opinions on your situation. I agree with you and everyone else on how they feel about tunes, and EC in general. I too was worried for a minute until I relized that I have had their parts and tune for almost a year now and have had no problems what so ever except possibly one of the faster stage one e55's in the midwest. If you have any daubts about EC now would probably be the best time to get a tune. They have been in the spot light lately and I know they dont want another blown motor "story" on their hands. On another note, your car runs fantastic, it has for a while, and it almost like you don't want to mess up a good thing. The only reason to get a new TB and tune would be to beat me , Just kidding! I think it was great that they are trying to refund your money. Is that not the point of a deposit? In case you back out, they still get some money for their time and efforts? I think that is great. All in all when you mod a car things will break, parts need upgrading, and things ALWAYS go wrong as you are well aware of. I understand why you would back out due to all of the horror stories going on, BUT what are you going to do now? You have all the right mods on the SL! We just need to unleash all of your hidden power!

Chad
Not sure what I am going to do right now, probably nothing for awhile at least. I'm still quick, just maybe not as quick as you.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornfed gtr and m3
I dynoed after the TB and headers. I forget the A/Fs right now, but talked to Renntech and they said they were right in line.
You installed headers and TB and no retune?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
Not sure what I am going to do right now, probably nothing for awhile at least. I'm still quick, just maybe not as quick as you.
Ha! Your car runs great! Thats why is a tough situation. I just believe that it can be a lot quicker! I think our times are neck n neck right now. When does Munice open up? ORP's test and tune starts the last tuesday of the month. I need knew drag radials. I think I'm going to try the new nitto NT 05's. $525 for two!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by 930chas
You installed headers and TB and no retune?
Yes, I am still running the Renntech shelf tune and told A/Fs are fine. Not a good idea?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Yes, I am still running the Renntech shelf tune and told A/Fs are fine. Not a good idea?
Me personally, I would be somewhat concerned, especially if you have added long tube headers. Signifcant improvements of flow in the exhaust can cause a lean condition, and this is what long tubes would give you.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Me personally, I would be somewhat concerned, especially if you have added long tube headers. Signifcant improvements of flow in the exhaust can cause a lean condition, and this is what long tubes would give you.
I have EvoSport shorty headers. After they were installed, I talked to Simon at EvoSport regarding the A/Fs and also Renntech. They both said they were fine. I will dig up the dyno and post them.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2010, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Just wondering, what should A/Fs be for this motor?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:04 PM

Audi s6
My car gets tuned Saturday by eurocharged and I have no reservations about their integrity or character... Call Jerry or Tony at eurocharged and you will see what I mean...I will post my personal experience and dyno numbers.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
if you ever go to long tubes Ill buy your shorties from you
Old 03-18-2010, 11:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTS-V 2013 Wagon
Are you going to them, if so where?
Thanks,
Warren
Originally Posted by wizos6
My car gets tuned Saturday by eurocharged and I have no reservations about their integrity or character... Call Jerry or Tony at eurocharged and you will see what I mean...I will post my personal experience and dyno numbers.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
S600 Bi-Turbo/E39 M5
I have built over 20 cars with EC tunes and parts. Never a single hiccup. Just my .02.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:03 AM

Audi s6
Originally Posted by Hotrod-Realtor
Are you going to them, if so where?
Thanks,
Warren
Tampa on Saturday you r welcome to caravan with us over there...3 of us are driving from Orlando in the morning
Old 03-19-2010, 12:06 AM

CTS-V 2013 Wagon
Too far for me brother but I appreciate the offer. I live north of Charlotte NC so Tampa is 8 hours.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:18 AM

e55
Originally Posted by wizos6
Tampa on Saturday you r welcome to caravan with us over there...3 of us are driving from Orlando in the morning
what kinda cars are going from orlando to tampa ? didn't know there was alot of other e55's around
Old 03-19-2010, 09:59 AM

'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5
Originally Posted by ricky bobbie
what kinda cars are going from orlando to tampa ? didn't know there was alot of other e55's around
I know there are also a couple SRT-6s' heading down from Orlando. At least two I know of, maybe more. Tony is pretty excited for the weekend. I'm sure he much prefers the FL weather to that of the IL weather. Although I'm guessing it is just about getting nice.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:19 AM

2005 E55 / 2001 e39 M5
FWIW- I have run an LET Pulley and Tune on my 05 for the past 20k+ miles without a single issue.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
I have EvoSport shorty headers. After they were installed, I talked to Simon at EvoSport regarding the A/Fs and also Renntech. They both said they were fine. I will dig up the dyno and post them.

Thanks
If your A/F's were in the 11's, then yes you should be fine. If they were above 12.0-12.5 at the tailpipe sniffer, then you are boderline (IMO). If there is a dyno close to you, I would at least throw it back on there to check them. A tune would of course unlock some extra power, but it could also help your car run better. Even though it may not make as much power, running without a tune could be just as detrimental to the engine
Old 03-19-2010, 11:16 AM

2012 JDM

Hey man, good to hear your story. It has been a while, hope you are doing well! I must ask though, wouldn't a prudent way to read this story be that if you have a small issue, EC will take care of you. However, if you have a BIG issue, their response will be much less satisfactory, some might say down right dreadful. Every positive experience I've heard regarding EC Customer Service has to do with minor refunds or fixes such as specific part refunds in your case or re-tunes. The bad experiences I have heard of have to do with major problems such as blown motors. With that in mind, I ask you, isn't the true test of customer service how the major issues are handled? If EC would have said "no" to refunding you, you would have been out probably less than $1,000. In your case they took care of your issue to your satisfaction, and rightfully so. When EC doesn't take care of a blown motor, we are talking months of heartache, headaches and tens of thousands of dollars. Put yourself in that person's shoes for a minute. Imagine being in the situation of having a blown motor but fearing discussing it with the community because if you do you are 1) threatened with legal action and 2) assured that they will not stand behind their work on your re-built motor. (Putting aside the obvious question- Why is it OK for a tuner to blow a motor in the first place?) Is the moral of the story that EC is great right up until you really really need them?
Old 03-19-2010, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
While I applaud any company that stands behind their product and customer service, Wal-Mart for instance, does this all the time as do many of the other stores we all frequent.

Is the tuner world that far gone from our everyday experiences from normal vendors they get a pat on the back for a job well done such as returning money for services not even rendered? I guess so, which is pretty sad.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
Originally Posted by J 2OOI
Hey man, good to hear your story. It has been a while, hope you are doing well! I must ask though, wouldn't a prudent way to read this story be that if you have a small issue, EC will take care of you. However, if you have a BIG issue, their response will be much less satisfactory, some might say down right dreadful. Every positive experience I've heard regarding EC Customer Service has to do with minor refunds or fixes such as specific part refunds in your case or re-tunes. The bad experiences I have heard of have to do with major problems such as blown motors. With that in mind, I ask you, isn't the true test of customer service how the major issues are handled? If EC would have said "no" to refunding you, you would have been out probably less than $1,000. In your case they took care of your issue to your satisfaction, and rightfully so. When EC doesn't take care of a blown motor, we are talking months of heartache, headaches and tens of thousands of dollars. Put yourself in that person's shoes for a minute. Imagine being in the situation of having a blown motor but fearing discussing it with the community because if you do you are 1) threatened with legal action and 2) assured that they will not stand behind their work on your re-built motor. (Putting aside the obvious question- Why is it OK for a tuner to blow a motor in the first place?) Is the moral of the story that EC is great right up until you really really need them?
Hmmm maybe for the same reason Mercedes will laugh at you if you bring in a blown modded motor while under warranty. Then they will stamp a big VOID on that. If my motor blows, from tuning, modding, etc. (and I have blown more than a couple race motors in my day) I pretty much realized the risks when I started doing that.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by E55Bullet
Ha! Your car runs great! Thats why is a tough situation. I just believe that it can be a lot quicker! I think our times are neck n neck right now. When does Munice open up? ORP's test and tune starts the last tuesday of the month. I need knew drag radials. I think I'm going to try the new nitto NT 05's. $525 for two!
Let me know when you guys decide to bring your slow hooptie's out to the track. I'm anxious to see what my car can do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged, my personal experience with them