W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sacramento Raceway TNT & Bracket racing???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Are you talking about Mercedes records or Dragster records

I just told you that Famoso TNTs only start when weather warms up so that they can use some sun to account for dragsters. They usually start TNT by April and end it in September, which aside from this year, the temps are usually always between 90 and 110 F with a very high DA (higher than Fontana sometimes). Records won't be broken in such conditions. This year, they attempted to start TNT in February and both dates rained out.

But seriously..... you need to come run at least once at Famoso TNT to see the difference for yourself. I've ran my car at many TNT as well as private rentals at Famoso and have seen the difference. TNT usually offers slightly better traction unless we plan our rental in warmer weather. This is not the case, by the way, for other tracks such as Sacramento.

I do agree with you regarding oil spills and other disasters that happen on the track. But remember, these incidents can happen during a private rental as well as during TNT days. Such events do compromise traction, but the track officials usually do a great job of re-prepping and re-conditioning the track again. And although the track prep never becomes as good as it was before the spill, it gets back to a comfortable level.

Agree to disagree.... now bring your car over and join Sean and Shawn in this event
My car is resting and won't run again until fall. This will give me plenty of time to get her ready for my record breaking pass...maybe .

I'm glad we could agree to disagree because I'm right...lol. JK!

I think we are most likely agreeing anyways. From what I'm reading you are saying that Famoso's TNT will have better traction when temps are between 90-110 degrees and cars are down on HP. They won't run any quicker or faster but they'll have traction...correct . I'll agree with you on this 100% but would still rather take the cooler, lower DA, 250 less cars, and good (not 90-100 degree excellent TNT track prep) traction over TNT days! I think the whole debate started with private rentals having an advantage over typical TNT days and from the facts I think that still stands. Hopefully other will chime in and give their perspective on this subject.

It's great that we could have a healthy debate without all the drama. I can't wait to hear your rebuttal Mo, I'm sure it will be a good one .
Old 05-26-2010, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by bassn_07
My car is resting and won't run again until fall. This will give me plenty of time to get her ready for my record breaking pass...maybe .
I'm with you on that one! I cleaned her up today and she is all covered up and in hibornation until later this year with a few possible cameo's this summer

Next time out she will be quicker & faster than before
Old 05-26-2010, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I'm with you on that one! I cleaned her up today and she is all covered up and in hibornation until later this year with a few possible cameo's this summer

Next time out she will be quicker & faster than before
My plan is to possibly do a E63 bumper conversion kit sometime soon. My rock chips are starting to add up and my stupid clear bra is starting to cloud...damn I hate that. It's time to get the girl in tip top shape...both looks and performance.

Is your car going under the knife sometime soon?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Is your car going under the knife sometime soon?
A very small knife my goal is to run 11.4@125 so I plan to do what I think it will take for my car to get there!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
Anyone willing to go not this coming friday, but the friday after? June 4th?
Old 05-26-2010, 05:18 AM

A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by infantry
Anyone willing to go not this coming friday, but the friday after? June 4th?

Addicted now? I know there's a couple of us that are often willing to go and help others out or watch. I'm done running her back to back but I might be down to roll up. Alan, Jack, lets go!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:20 AM

07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Addicted now? I know there's a couple of us that are often willing to go and help others out or watch. I'm done running her back to back but I might be down to roll up. Alan, Jack, lets go!
lol, I'm itching at my neck right now!

All I can say is, Let's Go!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by infantry
lol, I'm itching at my neck right now!

All I can say is, Let's Go!
Are you talking about the 11th? If so I'm down to go watch and if you want to buy my my rims and drag radials let me know and I will bring them.