F*** Cali Freeways!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz E220D/GONE!JUNK!Current GLC Coupe 350d 4 Matic
F*** Cali Freeways!!!

I can't believe the sh** that would be lying around the Cali roads!
I just entered the 405 yesterday,trying to move to the left,the car in front of me cuts out to the left before me,because he saw a piece of the Huge Truck Tire in front of him.Too late for me.
BAAM!I drive over it,and think there goes my CF Front.I pull over and to my surprise,it's there,not a scratch on it!
I come home later that day,just to find out that my driver side rear CF Diffuser is hanging lose
So do i remove the entire thing?and re attach it again?or should i just re-apply some e-poxy again and put it back in place?
What have you guys done?If you used screws,where exactly did you use them and what was the size?Pics?
I really ask my self what we pay all the tax money for,THE CHP is not doing s***.I have seen them drive by accidents so many times with stuff lying all over the place.Aren't they supposed to provide a service and a safer driving environment?The have pulled me over numerous times to ask me about my paper plates or,for tinted windows.But they can not make sure that the roads are actually safe to drive on.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I am pretty sure the CHP have better things to do then pull truck treads off the freeway! Do you thnk they should be filling post holes with pavement as well? You might want to ***** about the fat *** truck driver that blew his crappy re-tread and didnt bother picking it up. You may want to also follow at a further distance so you have time to see the tread next time!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///

Originally Posted by emoving
I am pretty sure the CHP have better things to do then pull truck treads off the freeway! Do you thnk they should be filling post holes with pavement as well? You might want to ***** about the fat *** truck driver that blew his crappy re-tread and didnt bother picking it up. You may want to also follow at a further distance so you have time to see the tread next time!
First of all,you try keeping distance in LA Traffic.
Second,you tell me what more important things they have to do?Stand on the side of the freeway and pull you over for Tinted Windows?
The Fact is,if i did not stay in my lane that second when i saw the tire on the ground i would have crahsed into someone.The thing is that on Cali freeways no one follows the rules of driving.I.e. Left lane for passing,everyone drives the same freakin speed in all lanes.
Now you tell me if it is not important to pick up s*** that is lying in the middle of the freeway when cars are driving at high speed and have no way of going around them?
They were very efficient at closing down all the major freeways for the Michael Jackson memorial,and charge it to us,but when it comes down to providing safe and clean freeways guess who suffers.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
I can't believe that you guys are complaining about roads in California. A month ago I drove from Las Vegas to Santa Monica, not bad at all. Your roads are so much better in North Eastern part of the country, huge track tire could be anywhere.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///

Originally Posted by Karlson
I can't believe that you guys are complaining about roads in California. A month ago I drove from Las Vegas to Santa Monica, not bad at all. Your roads are so much better in North Eastern part of the country, huge track tire could be anywhere.
Were you driving in a Buick?
The worst roads can be found right here.
I know of so many people that have sewed the city for broken wheels and other parts of the vehicle while driving in the streets of BEVERLY HILLS!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was just watching the News! lol

http://www.news10.net/news/local/sto...?storyid=79539
Old 04-18-2010, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Btw.
Check this out!
http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/traffic/l...roads-20091217
Old 04-18-2010, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a g
Originally Posted by BelaMeca
Were you driving in a Buick?
The worst roads can be found right here.
I know of so many people that have sewed the city for broken wheels and other parts of the vehicle while driving in the streets of BEVERLY HILLS!!!
California is amateur when talking about poor road conditions...seriously.

I've seen potholes (if they can still be called that) as big as park benches in the road. I'm not joking either. At least your weather is consistently above freezing in SoCal.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///

Originally Posted by RedG

I've seen potholes (if they can still be called that) as big as park benches in the road. I'm not joking either. At least your weather is consistently above freezing in SoCal.
Where do you live?
Old 04-18-2010, 05:48 PM

a g
Where do you live?
Upper Midwest. Illinois and Michigan.

I've seen Semi Trucks bust wheels and tires.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:54 PM

a g
You will like this:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-worth-noting/

The annual post-winter war on potholes — a herculean effort, by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg’s telling — had descended on Slater Boulevard to mark a milestone. Since 2002, when the mayor took office, the city has tracked pothole data, from initial complaint to final resolution.
According to their count, city officials said, this pothole on Staten Island — a Grade C pothole, the most severe of such designations — was the two millionth on its log to be filled.
Michigan also received almost $1,000,000,000 to repair roads and infrastructure.

Last edited by RedG; 04-18-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:38 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Actually CHP is too busy meeting their quotas so they can justify their existence to a broke *** state looking to make cuts. CHP will just do a report saying you were at fault because no one else was involved and the tire was clearly in the road, but you failed to see it by following to closely and avoiding the hazard. That's a way to threaten you so they don't have to do a report but yes in fact they are suppose to do a report saying it was in the road and it doesn't have to be an at fault accident report. Your best bet is to go into the station and write a statement and take pictures when at the scene so you can document the incident. You can do a Caltrans claim for the damage on their website but it will not fix anything anytime soon.

If you get too angry over it just join the Teabagger movement haha!
Old 04-18-2010, 07:29 PM

E55
Yep, the CHP is very busy handing out fix-it tickets. I got one for not displaying a current license plate sticker. I mailed the check to the DMV, they posted the payment but the sticker did arrive before the end of the month. The officer even checked his computer and it showed paid. I tried to explain the sticker is in the mail but he did not care. Anyways a few months before the ticket, I got two flat tires for running over some large metal object in the middle of 405. When I pulled over, several other cars were also getting flats from running over the same object. I have seen all sorts of crazy items on the freeways. (tires, mattress, wheelchair, other gardening items, bumpers.....)
Old 04-18-2010, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Originally Posted by emoving
I am pretty sure the CHP have better things to do then pull truck treads off the freeway!
Yep, like filling out the accident paperwork for an accident resulting from said tire. I've actually seen two accidents firsthand caused by car parts and tires in the middle of a roadway.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:49 PM

---
Originally Posted by RedG

+1 Here is Boston it's so bad. I lived in Cali and those roads are so much better than around here. The pavement doesn't really expand due to that nice weather.

Anything here riding over 18's is risking warp bigtime. You don't know how good you have it Meca. I know that 405 freeway jams but, nothing is like driving ya ride in that hot valley weather every day.

Last edited by shockra; 04-18-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Saw a substantial piece of sheet metal blowing about in my lane during an all-too-infrequent 65 mph stretch on the 405 yesterday.

Flicked off the cruise and tapped the brakes twice in rapid succession. Instinctively waved to alert motorists behind. Situational awareness? Deftly slithered into the HOV lane to avoid it. The bloke behind took no notice and speared it straight on, solidly collecting the debris on his undercarriage. The rearview mirror served witness to an impressive spark display as he limped toward the shoulder.

Were you expecting the CHP to provide smooth sailing on our clusterfuchs akin to Belgrade Kingdom Serbia? Every man for himself around these parts. Dow, 3M and other manufacturers blend stout adhesives.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///

Originally Posted by splinter
Saw a substantial piece of sheet metal blowing about in my lane during an all-too-infrequent 65 mph stretch on the 405 yesterday.

Flicked off the cruise and tapped the brakes twice in rapid succession. Instinctively waved to alert motorists behind. Situational awareness? Deftly slithered into the HOV lane to avoid it. The bloke behind took no notice and speared it straight on, solidly collecting the debris on his undercarriage. The rearview mirror served witness to an impressive spark display as he limped toward the shoulder.

Were you expecting the CHP to provide smooth sailing on our clusterfuchs akin to Belgrade Kingdom Serbia? Every man for himself around these parts. Dow, 3M and other manufacturers blend stout adhesives.

Belgrade Kingdom Serbia or not,that is besides the point.
I'am talking about safety on the roads and the quality of it.If you defend any of the craftsmanship of the freeways and regular streets built here,then you must either be a Chipper or work for Caltrans,or worst be in Politics.

They build the roads cheap,so that soon they will have more contractors competing for the Job of re-surfacing the roads,and paying huge kickbacks.

If you have ever driven in Germany,Switzerland,Holland,Italy just to name a few,you will notice what quality is!You won't find an Entire Bumper off of a FORD F150 in the middle of the road,and for sure you will not find a Hole in the Fastlane(keep in mind FASTLANE)the size of a basketball!

Their roads needs to meet a strict requirements when it comes to the thickness of the pavement.So it does not crack or disappear with the first rain fall.

Here some Vids for your Enjoyment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTlhUhZB3jg

And my Favorite one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpdOt...eature=related
Old 04-19-2010, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
wow that sucks to hear.....ya cali roads are horrible...i always see tires lying on the side of the 405 and don't get me started with potholes
Old 04-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Lighten up.

The “Huge Truck Tire” or “an Entire Bumper off of a FORD F150” has nothing at all to do with “strict requirements when it comes to the thickness of the pavement.”

I have, in fact, driven in Europe. Some of their roads (and drivers) are indeed excellent – others not so much.
Italy was a handful. :y
Old 04-19-2010, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///

Don't talk to me like you know me.
Keep it at a respectful level,you understand.
You wanna talk cars,roads etc that's fine,don't take this conversation to another level.

Lighten up.

The “Huge Truck Tire” or “an Entire Bumper off of a FORD F150” has nothing at all to do with “strict requirements when it comes to the thickness of the pavement.”

I have, in fact, driven in Europe. Some of their roads (and drivers) are indeed excellent – others not so much.
Italy was a handful.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

you must either be a Chipper or work for Caltrans,or worst be in Politics.
Nope.

Don't talk to me like you know me.
Respectfully request the same from you.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///

Lighten up.

Italy was a handful.
In case you got lost.
We are discussing the bad road conditions here in Cali.
That includes but is not limited to junk on the road,like tires,bumpers,work equipment falling off of open bed pick-up trucks,to bad road conditions in general.
Also the quality of the pavement and thickness will decide if it will stay in place or not after bad weather,accidents etc.

And don't ask me to be respectful towards you,after you start your replies with "LIGHTEN UP" guess what kind of a response you will receive.
Also telling me to Lighten up,after i had S*** like that happen to me is out of place.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

should i just re-apply some e-poxy again and put it back in place? What have you guys done? If you used screws,where exactly did you use them and what was the size?
Yes, where it adjoins the rocker along its length.
Some self-tapping 10-32 screws and “e-poxy” might work, barring any substantial damage to the diffuser itself.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:10 AM

---
Old 04-19-2010, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///

Yes, where it adjoins the rocker along its length.
Some self-tapping 10-32 screws and “e-poxy” might work, barring any substantial damage to the diffuser itself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F*** Cali Freeways!!!