W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I the only one that didnt get my forgestars yet?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63 / CLS63
Originally Posted by AWOL
I ordered 18" f14 in gunmetal.

any word on shipment date?
have yours shipped out yet?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
bump for AWOL
Old 06-07-2010, 01:24 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by vegas55amg
.......sounds like more people demanding Saks 5th Avenue service, while they only pay Wal-Mart prices.....

if you get a set of HRE wheels for 5-8 THOUSAND dollars, you have every right to expect top notch I-expect-the-vendor-to-kiss-my-butt-service.

if you get a set of Forgestars for 12-14 HUNDRED dollars, you are being unrealistic, and more than a little unfair, with your expectations.

Those offering business advice, probably don't own a business, and have never owed and ran a business. in this day and age, cash up front is necessary, especially when what you are selling requires an outlay of cash to produce.
I agree, although regardless of the amount spent, customer service should always be top notch, and you should always be placed on notice of the status of your purchase. ZGallerie is the WORSE! Every Item I've purchased from them has taken at a minimum 2months. So far almost 3 months for my latest purchase, Mirrored dresser! It's like i'm funding them to have it built!

Either way, realistic customer service is always appreciated. I was going to purchase the forgestars after seeing them on Aus-E55's car, but now I'm not too sure anymore.

Last edited by HadiLaw; 06-07-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
thanks for the bump

still no word
Old 06-07-2010, 06:39 PM

E55 AMG
what offset you running AWOL?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:21 PM

07 CLS550 & 05 E55
First off nothing in this matter has been hidden "Thegodfather" runs a clean operation and is not scamming/BS anyone. Back in January I ordered a set of Iforge Imola's custom finish and offsets. I was told that it may take 3 months to get my wheels. Either way if they came before or after the 3 months it would not matter to me. We ordered custom wheels that didn't come off the shelf so I completely understand. Now if at any minute I felt uncomfortable about the situation I would call or email about the status of my wheels at that point thegodfather would return my call or email in a timely fashion to address any concerns.

Remember people he is a dealer all he simply does it takes your order and places it with the manufacturer he doesn't make the wheels package the wheels assemble the wheels nothing. So now your complaining because something he has no control of like for example if you ship something overnight and for some crazy reason doesn't make it on time you blame the carrier UPS, FEDEX, etc. etc. not the cashier.

Either way I payed a good amount of money for my wheels and I am not demanding them by the given deadline. On a side note I have seen forgestar wheels and for the money there is nothing remotely close on the market to even come near the price your paying for these wheels. I am sure the guy is not making hundreds of dollars on the deal but remember before thegodfather was oneautosport he was a car nut just like most of us on the forums.

So rather then give him a hard time or bashing him for something he is helping us with be patient and know your not dealing with a 360 situation and getting smoked for your money. I would also think that he could invest 20k in some inventory on wheels and rather then charging you 1k for a set of wheels charge you 2k so there in stock which I would assume that being the cheap customers you are you wouldn't spend the extra 1k to have them over a matter of a few days.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by allied107
First off nothing in this matter has been hidden "Thegodfather" runs a clean operation and is not scamming/BS anyone. Back in January I ordered a set of Iforge Imola's custom finish and offsets. I was told that it may take 3 months to get my wheels. Either way if they came before or after the 3 months it would not matter to me. We ordered custom wheels that didn't come off the shelf so I completely understand. Now if at any minute I felt uncomfortable about the situation I would call or email about the status of my wheels at that point thegodfather would return my call or email in a timely fashion to address any concerns.

Remember people he is a dealer all he simply does it takes your order and places it with the manufacturer he doesn't make the wheels package the wheels assemble the wheels nothing. So now your complaining because something he has no control of like for example if you ship something overnight and for some crazy reason doesn't make it on time you blame the carrier UPS, FEDEX, etc. etc. not the cashier.

Either way I payed a good amount of money for my wheels and I am not demanding them by the given deadline. On a side note I have seen forgestar wheels and for the money there is nothing remotely close on the market to even come near the price your paying for these wheels. I am sure the guy is not making hundreds of dollars on the deal but remember before thegodfather was oneautosport he was a car nut just like most of us on the forums.

So rather then give him a hard time or bashing him for something he is helping us with be patient and know your not dealing with a 360 situation and getting smoked for your money. I would also think that he could invest 20k in some inventory on wheels and rather then charging you 1k for a set of wheels charge you 2k so there in stock which I would assume that being the cheap customers you are you wouldn't spend the extra 1k to have them over a matter of a few days.
First of all you should read the thread! When a seller makes a commitment that is on him to deliver, and when it becomes apparent the deadline will not be made then it should be communicated to the buyer. As I am sure most people would not mind waiting a few weeks later, but when it turns into months than that is an entirely different story. In addition, it should be the buyers right to ask and receive a refund if the the seller does not hold up his end of the contract. In regards to us being cheap . The wheels he are selling are the same price everywhere, so we are ultimately doing him a favor by supporting him as a vendor at mbworld. To conclude, if the wheels are so hot, why does he not refund the buyer and just resell them as soon as he receives them? I think the answer is that there is a lack of liquidity and no money is available to refund. Thank you again for letting me know where I got it wrong
Old 06-08-2010, 04:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Thanks Allied, you pretty much nailed it on the head.

Originally Posted by mikey33
First of all you should read the thread! When a seller makes a commitment that is on him to deliver, and when it becomes apparent the deadline will not be made then it should be communicated to the buyer. As I am sure most people would not mind waiting a few weeks later, but when it turns into months than that is an entirely different story. In addition, it should be the buyers right to ask and receive a refund if the the seller does not hold up his end of the contract. In regards to us being cheap . The wheels he are selling are the same price everywhere, so we are ultimately doing him a favor by supporting him as a vendor at mbworld. To conclude, if the wheels are so hot, why does he not refund the buyer and just resell them as soon as he receives them? I think the answer is that there is a lack of liquidity and no money is available to refund. Thank you again for letting me know where I got it wrong
The wheels are hot yes. But 18" in gunmetal, no. lol My "contract" clearly states that wheel build leadtime are estimated and not guaranteed. Nobody breached any contract. As for money, it's here, don't speculate about thing you don't know.

Anyway, since this has become a public affair, there was an imperfection in the finish one of the wheels. Because it needed to be re-powder coated, all 4 have been sent to the powder coater to ensure identical gunmetal hues on all of them. That's the word I got from Forgestar today, thus additional delay. SMH.

So when will they be done? They haven't told me. I'd guess next week given that they have to come back from powder coating. And the saga continues, in the meantime other customers are happy as they can be.... dun dun dun... sigh....
Old 06-08-2010, 05:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are correct godfather in that I have only seen people buying the 19" wheels and not the 18". As far as forgestar, I hope they do not send me some messed up wheels or I will be having discount tire stir up a huge ruckus for me. Hopefully they get done soon and they are shipped.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
F
Old 06-08-2010, 05:55 PM

2004 E55
F
U C K
Old 06-08-2010, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
F
Originally Posted by HadiLaw
U C K
Old 06-08-2010, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
I'm at 12 weeksish....patiently waiting, but I was prepared and knew it would take this long from other posts/forums. ACG have been great too keeping me up-to-date.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:41 PM

07 CLS550 & 05 E55
You obviously have more muscles then brain!!! There lead time to the build that is stated on the contracts. Regardless if you want a refund he will give you one but keep 50 percent of your money that is upfront and clear. If you didn't agree to that then don't sign and don't order. If I got in an accident and ruined my car and had no use for the wheels anymore and wanted to cancel my order thats fine if kept 50 percent because I signed to that. Your basically not being a man of your word you signed for it so stick to it. Also the he has the best prices on the wheels from what I have seen I think only one other company matches his pricing and that is whatever. Regardless who your ordering them from they all come from the same place so it is the same wait time. Not everyone wants the same wheels you ordering so there for why does he have to shop your wheels for you. Oh and as for being cheap your basically acting like a C class owner. Entry level AMG with the S class attitude. As for if he spent your money so he can't give you a refund once you pay him I am sure at least 50 percent of your money goes straight to forgestar to start your oder if not maybe 100 percent and in that case no one once to lose money so that is why he sticks with his contracts in regards to refunds which makes things 100 percent easier all the way around. So regardless basically I think it's best you chill and be patient more then you have been with thegodfather/forgestar or next time go on ebay and order some knock of bleem wheels that will look descent you or E55. I know that once you get your wheels you will go back and read this thread and realize how silly and childish your making things that really are not a big deal.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You obviously have more muscles then brain!!! There lead time to the build that is stated on the contracts. Regardless if you want a refund he will give you one but keep 50 percent of your money that is upfront and clear. If you didn't agree to that then don't sign and don't order. If I got in an accident and ruined my car and had no use for the wheels anymore and wanted to cancel my order thats fine if kept 50 percent because I signed to that. Your basically not being a man of your word you signed for it so stick to it. Also the he has the best prices on the wheels from what I have seen I think only one other company matches his pricing and that is whatever. Regardless who your ordering them from they all come from the same place so it is the same wait time. Not everyone wants the same wheels you ordering so there for why does he have to shop your wheels for you. Oh and as for being cheap your basically acting like a C class owner. Entry level AMG with the S class attitude. As for if he spent your money so he can't give you a refund once you pay him I am sure at least 50 percent of your money goes straight to forgestar to start your oder if not maybe 100 percent and in that case no one once to lose money so that is why he sticks with his contracts in regards to refunds which makes things 100 percent easier all the way around. So regardless basically I think it's best you chill and be patient more then you have been with thegodfather/forgestar or next time go on ebay and order some knock of bleem wheels that will look descent you or E55. I know that once you get your wheels you will go back and read this thread and realize how silly and childish your making things that really are not a big deal.
Okay there douche bag. Having a disclaimer as a seller does not mean much if he were to complain to his credit card company; the disclaimer basically is a fallback excuse for not being able to fulfill an order. Why not say the wheels will be done in 12-16 weeks and be upfront with the customer if that is the average build time instead of over promising and then under delivering. As far as being cheap, I could spend $5k on wheels, but I have no ambition when I think forgestar's are just as nice! Most people on the road do not know the difference between $500 wheels or $5000 HRE's. In all reality, (not saying this is true) godfather could actually make a ton more money if he has people cancel their orders because he would then keep the $700 deposit and then turn around and sell the wheels to someone else making an additional profit. So, is there motive? Yes, but Godfather is not that type of seller. In conclusion, your whole outlook on contracts is mute and you need to learn to spell.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:40 AM

C32
Oh and as for being cheap your basically acting like a C class owner. Entry level AMG with the S class attitude.
Wow, that's nice.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
lol settle down guys, this thread is about AWOL's wheels!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Okay there douche bag. Having a disclaimer as a seller does not mean much if he were to complain to his credit card company; the disclaimer basically is a fallback excuse for not being able to fulfill an order. Why not say the wheels will be done in 12-16 weeks and be upfront with the customer if that is the average build time instead of over promising and then under delivering. As far as being cheap, I could spend $5k on wheels, but I have no ambition when I think forgestar's are just as nice! Most people on the road do not know the difference between $500 wheels or $5000 HRE's. In all reality, (not saying this is true) godfather could actually make a ton more money if he has people cancel their orders because he would then keep the $700 deposit and then turn around and sell the wheels to someone else making an additional profit. So, is there motive? Yes, but Godfather is not that type of seller. In conclusion, your whole outlook on contracts is mute and you need to learn to spell.
Seriously? It's moot, not mute. Fail.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Not to add drama to this thread but I have some questions. Forgive me for not reading back, some of the info may already be posted.

1. What is the actual total lead time promised to customers on Forgestar delivery? I mean total time from production to your door shipped.

2. Exactly how long has AWOL been waiting on these rims at current day?

3. In the case of extreme lateness in delivery what contingencies if any are in place? SLA's?

On 3, to attest to my question in my business dealings if I am late or overtime in finished services I give a discount, just asking.

Anyone (who knows this) feel free to answer these.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AreL11
Seriously? It's moot, not mute. Fail.
Thanks for proofreading my response teacher
Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
Yikes, this is out of control.

I ordered the wheels January 29th I believe. So I think Im in week 22.

22 weeks ago, if I knew it was going to be this much of a hassle, I never would have even considered it.

Now that Im in this debacle, I am forced to wait for these wheels so I can turn around and sell them, and hopefully not lose as much money as if I were to get a partial refund.

Its just the worst buying experience Ive ever had, again, maybe not the product, but just the experience
Old 06-09-2010, 11:04 PM

07 CLS550 & 05 E55
Yikes, this is out of control.

I ordered the wheels January 29th I believe. So I think Im in week 22.

22 weeks ago, if I knew it was going to be this much of a hassle, I never would have even considered it.

Now that Im in this debacle, I am forced to wait for these wheels so I can turn around and sell them, and hopefully not lose as much money as if I were to get a partial refund.

Its just the worst buying experience Ive ever had, again, maybe not the product, but just the experience
I don't think you will loose any money at all, if anything mark them up and make money because some people prefer not to wait for the wheels. Everything has a price when you want it now. Good Luck but I am sure once you get them they will be mounted and on your car in no time. They are sick wheels.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Thanks for proofreading my response teacher
You're welcome. If you're going to call someone out yourself, you should at least proofread your own post.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:50 PM

2002 CLK55 AMG Cabrio 2007 E63 AMG

Mikey looks like your "snarky" comments have annoyed other members too.....

still don't get why you have attacked GF so vehemently when you didn't even order your wheels from him....

you sound like an angry man. with a lot of "rage".....

maybe you should cycle back on your bodybuilding "supplements"

those wheels u ordered from Discount Tire should be in any day now, eh?

or, maybe not.......
Old 06-10-2010, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
This thread has really turned direction into something this forum is all too well known for which is sad.

The OP has a legitimate concern if his wheels were ordered 22 weeks ago. Quoting 8-10 weeks and delivery within 12 weeks is one thing, 22 weeks is completely improper and a full refund should be in order. Simple as that. No need for name calling or demeaning posts. These wheels are easy to sell as they are in demand.
The correct course of action should have been for the vendor to refund the full amount and then sell the wheels when he received them. Had that occurred, all parties would be out ahead, there would not be all of this banter, and Godfather's reputation would not have been tarnished as it now has been whether all of you want to believe it or not. Fact is, even if one customer is put off from purchasing from the vendor, the damage is done.

Look at how many times this thread has been read. Over 3000 as of right now.

Being in business myself, I learned a very long time ago, that sometimes you do not always agree with your customers and the customers that initially tick you off early can turn out to be very committed to your business as they know you will take care of them should something arise. This is called building a customers base. There is no such thing as a perfect customer as we all have various levels of expectations, needs ,wants, etc. This easily could have been a simple wheel delay thread such as 'Godfather took care of me and I recommend him to anyone' thread vs. what it now is.

Spending money to make money is not an adage that only applies to banners, advertising, websites, etc. It also applies to customer service, reputation, etc. I'm sure this thread is linked from other forums, search engines,etc. Negative publicity is still negative publicity even if there are a few that side with the vendor and/or manufacturer.

To respond to those that feel that as the OP did not spend over $5k for wheels, he shouldn't be concerned, I fully disagree. $1400.00 is still $1400. I would not be happy had I ordered an item at the local game store and was given a specific delivery date and then having it delayed over and over even if it was only for $50.00. A customer can go shop anywhere they want these days, every market, every niche is competitive, and customer service is what differentiates one vendor from another.

I know if I do not take care of my customers there is nothing to bring them back. Getting a customer to shop at your business is one thing, retaining that customer is what builds successful relationships and business's. People buy from people.

Last edited by pearlpower; 06-10-2010 at 08:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one that didnt get my forgestars yet?