W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I the only one that didnt get my forgestars yet?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Originally Posted by AreL11
You're welcome. If you're going to call someone out yourself, you should at least proofread your own post.
The difference between one spelling mistake and a response filled with them is drastic, especially when a lot of them are out of context.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vegas55amg
Mikey looks like your "snarky" comments have annoyed other members too.....

still don't get why you have attacked GF so vehemently when you didn't even order your wheels from him....

you sound like an angry man. with a lot of "rage".....

maybe you should cycle back on your bodybuilding "supplements"

those wheels u ordered from Discount Tire should be in any day now, eh?

or, maybe not.......
Totally bro!!! Since I just ordered them 14 days ago. Thank you for caring though, I have to go back into rage mode now, bye.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by AWOL
Yikes, this is out of control.

I ordered the wheels January 29th I believe. So I think Im in week 22.

22 weeks ago, if I knew it was going to be this much of a hassle, I never would have even considered it.

Now that Im in this debacle, I am forced to wait for these wheels so I can turn around and sell them, and hopefully not lose as much money as if I were to get a partial refund.

Its just the worst buying experience Ive ever had, again, maybe not the product, but just the experience
Thanks for the answer...so to sum up:

The product was promised in 12 weeks.
You have been waiting for 22 weeks.

Correct?

Even if not or if so, Pearl Power's response is on point. No matter what the situation is, the product is way overdue. It does not matter how good someone has done in the past, or even if they fulfilled 1000 order on time. One order way overdue at present negates a perfect record, that is the way business goes. You know that old saying, "it takes months to find a customer, minutes to loose one." I am speaking from experience and not just words on that.

Sure Mikey may have made a snarky comment(s) or made a misspell, but he does have a point as well.

Last edited by bigben320e; 06-10-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
The funny thing is, I wasnt even told 10 weeks, or 12 weeks.

I was told 4 to 6 weeks, with anticipation of it being sooner.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:23 PM

2002 CLK55 AMG Cabrio 2007 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by mikey33
Totally bro!!! Since I just ordered them 14 days ago. Thank you for caring though, I have to go back into rage mode now, bye.

Actually, Bro, you told us on May 10th (that's 4 and 1/2 weeks ago, or 31 days, NOT "14 days ago") that you had just ordered them from Discount Tire, and it would be "six weeks" until you got them......

this is from your post of May 10th:

Bought New 19" Forgestars and New Nitto Invo Tires Hey everyone. Since most people seem to be making threads regarding their wheels I will continue to the tradition. Today I bought the piano black forgestar wheels with the sizes 19x8.5 and 19x10. I also bought brand new Nitto Invo Tires in the sizes 245/30/19 and 285/30/19; I heard the Nitto Invo's were really good from doing research and checking reviews. I still have to wait six weeks to get the rims and everything but I am excited to have my order in! Anybody want to congratulate me, jk lol.

So according to you, those rims should be in at the beginning of the week after next, hence my observation that you should be "getting them any day now...."

Damn ain't facts a bee-otch?

looking forward to you posting those photos of you and your car with the wheels in a couple of weeks.......
Old 06-10-2010, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
This place is pathetic anymore! Oh and Awol, your situation is even more pathetic and I would be livid!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vegas55amg
Actually, Bro, you told us on May 10th (that's 4 and 1/2 weeks ago, or 31 days, NOT "14 days ago") that you had just ordered them from Discount Tire, and it would be "six weeks" until you got them......

this is from your post of May 10th:

Bought New 19" Forgestars and New Nitto Invo Tires Hey everyone. Since most people seem to be making threads regarding their wheels I will continue to the tradition. Today I bought the piano black forgestar wheels with the sizes 19x8.5 and 19x10. I also bought brand new Nitto Invo Tires in the sizes 245/30/19 and 285/30/19; I heard the Nitto Invo's were really good from doing research and checking reviews. I still have to wait six weeks to get the rims and everything but I am excited to have my order in! Anybody want to congratulate me, jk lol.

So according to you, those rims should be in at the beginning of the week after next, hence my observation that you should be "getting them any day now...."

Damn ain't facts a bee-otch?

looking forward to you posting those photos of you and your car with the wheels in a couple of weeks.......

This is my last post in this thread because like emoving I agree it is becoming absurd. I bought the wheels from discount tire, but since they were not a distributor with forgestar they did not have a credit file with them. So, they had to receive a check from their corporate headquarters to pay forgestar in full before the build started which took about three weeks. Now that we have gone off topic and I have explained my situation why not go and be productive by helping others on this forum.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:01 PM

2002 CLK55 AMG Cabrio 2007 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by mikey33
This is my last post in this thread because like emoving I agree it is becoming absurd. I bought the wheels from discount tire, but since they were not a distributor with forgestar they did not have a credit file with them. So, they had to receive a check from their corporate headquarters to pay forgestar in full before the build started which took about three weeks. Now that we have gone off topic and I have explained my situation why not go and be productive by helping others on this forum.

whatever u say bro.

just do us a favor and quit pretending to occupy the high moral ground. you've personally attacked several members, distorted the facts, and made intentionally false statements to back your untenable position. so now u "modify" the facts again (as though it were believable, just like conveniently changing 4 1/2 weeks of lead time to 2 weeks to bolster your position that YOU alone were going to get your wheels in record time because YOU alone were so smart you ordered from Discount Tire). You will get your wheels in 3-5 months just like everybody else.

and bottom line: the wheels ARE worth the wait, if you are patient enough.

this is your last post in this thread because you've been outed, not because of your self proclaimed moral superiority over the rest of us. if u can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

and BTW, I do believe that anybody who has waited for 22 weeks deserves a refund if requested, UNLESS they agreed to or signed a waiver. when I ordered my wheels from Modbargains last year, I had to sign a fax a form stating I knew the wheels were semi-custom special order, and I would not be eligible for a refund, as production times were out of the control of the seller.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:18 AM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
Custom shmustom. This wait is obscene - and made more obscene by the fact that AWOL has been absent his FULL PAYMENT for the same period.

Trade laws govern all transactions of this type and whenever there are delays past 30 days, things must occur - they include informing the customer in writing the the delay and offering a full refund. In fact the customer must specifically CONCUR to continuing to wait after a certain time period.

I take it that AWOL doesn't really want a refund - because there should be no issue getting one unless he's continually signed off on the delays. The law here is clear.

emoving is right - the word that comes to mind is pathetic.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:39 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 GL550 2006 S55
Originally Posted by Uber Wagon
I take it that AWOL doesn't really want a refund - because there should be no issue getting one unless he's continually signed off on the delays.
I will take a wild guess and say yes he would like a refund considering he said hes not going to even open the boxes and sell the wheels.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:36 AM

The - AWOL needs to cite the Federal Trade Commission law on purchases over the phone, mail or internet and get his money refunded....

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...cts/pro28.shtm

There is simply no excuse for this if he wants his money back.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
Oh, i def want my money back
Old 06-11-2010, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Oh, i def want my money back
And without a doubt....you are entitled to it! There is no excuse for this and one call to any attorney in the USA would get you a full refund in a matter of minutes. There is absolutly no excuse for this! I have said it 5 times in this thread.....I feel horrible for you and this is completely pathetic. There is no way in hell I would except anything but a full refund!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:59 PM

ya'll have been warned......

blatant disregard for the Federal Trade Commission's laws that govern commerce over the web, telephone or mail.

Any court in the land will grant you your refund and likely your attorney's fees (check first)

You've been held hostage by poor service for LONG ENOUGH.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:25 PM

S63 / CLS63
i hope you get your refund.. i was bashed earlier in this thread and now look..
Old 06-17-2010, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
no word

no wheels
Old 06-18-2010, 09:26 AM

Send a letter with the facts / dates. Copy the Attorney General in the state in which the business is located. Usually they have folks that will help you. Might be worth a phone call to the AG's office - they often have a consumer line.

Alternatively, the supplier could do the right thing and send the money back, using the same process to get his money back from Forgestar if they are operating in this same manner.

I don't care if the "contract" said that leadtimes are estimated and not guaranteed - this is well outside the legally required delivery time and none of the requisite steps for delays have been followed.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:52 AM

2004 E55
no word

no wheels
In Texas, we have a very powerful tool, its called the TDTPA.

TEXAS DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES ACT

Most states should have a tool similar to the TDTPA. I'm not sure what state you are in or I would check. Trying googling it.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
AWOL was offered a refund pursuant to the terms and conditions of the signed order contract. He didn't want it. So he waits for the wheels, simple as that. I'm hoping for an update today.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:10 PM

2004 E55
I haven't read the contract, but if it states that the purchaser can receive a refund at any time of 50% of the purchase agreement, then i can understand why AWOL didn't accept it. Does the contract have a provision as to the deliver time? Was the delivery time stated via Email or any conversation after the contract was signed? If so, it will most likely be incorporated into the contract via the Parol of evidence rule. So, if a time frame was stated, was that time frame met? If not, then the contract has been breach, thus AWOL is entitled to a complete refund regardless of the contracts provisions stating only 50%. Just my 2cents.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:25 PM

The Federal Trade Commission trumps your "contract".

Shopping by Phone or Mail
Produced in cooperation with the Direct Marketing Association and AARP

Shopping by phone or mail is a convenient alternative to shopping at a store. The Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) Mail or Telephone Order Rule covers merchandise your order by mail, telephone, computer, and fax machine.

Mail or Telephone Order Rule

By law, a company should ship your order within the time stated in its ads. If no time is promised, the company should ship your order within 30 days after receiving it.

If the company is unable to ship within the promised time, they must give you an “option notice.” This notice gives you the choice of agreeing to the delay or canceling your order and receiving a prompt refund.

There is one exception to the 30-day Rule: if a company doesn’t promise a shipping time, and you are applying for credit to pay for your purchase, the company has 50 days to ship after receiving your order.

For More Information

The FTC works to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them. To file a complaint or get free information on consumer issues, visit ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. Watch a new video, How to File a Complaint, at ftc.gov/video to learn more. The FTC enters consumer complaints into the Consumer Sentinel Network, a secure online database and investigative tool used by hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:27 PM

S63 / CLS63
I thought you weren't going to sponsor this board after last month? If all you have to offer is forgestar wheels, than maybe you should go elsewhere.. there are plenty of forums with complaints and it would be in your companies best interest to drop them.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by HadiLaw
I haven't read the contract, but if it states that the purchaser can receive a refund at any time of 50% of the purchase agreement, then i can understand why AWOL didn't accept it. Does the contract have a provision as to the deliver time? Was the delivery time stated via Email or any conversation after the contract was signed? If so, it will most likely be incorporated into the contract via the Parol of evidence rule. So, if a time frame was stated, was that time frame met? If not, then the contract has been breach, thus AWOL is entitled to a complete refund regardless of the contracts provisions stating only 50%. Just my 2cents.
Exactly. Why would anyone except a refund for 50%, they never received what they paid for after 24 (AWOL correct me if I am wrong) weeks. That is way over the agreed time frame for delivery. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I would suggest to follow some of Uber's advice at this point. JMO.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
I believe I was offered $800 back for my $1200 purchase price

edit: And I was lead to believe Id have them several weeks ago
Old 06-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Looks like you have options. Whether or not you will exercise those is up to you. But being offered more (if you have proof of that) than the 50% quoted on here as "per the contract" is definitely considered somewhat of an admission that you can't be held to the "contract".

$0.02

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one that didnt get my forgestars yet?