W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Am I the only one that didnt get my forgestars yet?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-18-2010 | 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by Godfather@ONE Autosport
AWOL was offered a refund pursuant to the terms and conditions of the signed order contract. He didn't want it. So he waits for the wheels, simple as that. I'm hoping for an update today.
A very misleading post. We all know he was not offered a FULL REFUND.
Old 06-19-2010 | 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Originally Posted by allied107
You obviously have more muscles then brain!!! There lead time to the build that is stated on the contracts. Regardless if you want a refund he will give you one but keep 50 percent of your money that is upfront and clear. If you didn't agree to that then don't sign and don't order. If I got in an accident and ruined my car and had no use for the wheels anymore and wanted to cancel my order thats fine if kept 50 percent because I signed to that. Your basically not being a man of your word you signed for it so stick to it. Also the he has the best prices on the wheels from what I have seen I think only one other company matches his pricing and that is whatever. Regardless who your ordering them from they all come from the same place so it is the same wait time. Not everyone wants the same wheels you ordering so there for why does he have to shop your wheels for you. Oh and as for being cheap your basically acting like a C class owner. Entry level AMG with the S class attitude. As for if he spent your money so he can't give you a refund once you pay him I am sure at least 50 percent of your money goes straight to forgestar to start your oder if not maybe 100 percent and in that case no one once to lose money so that is why he sticks with his contracts in regards to refunds which makes things 100 percent easier all the way around. So regardless basically I think it's best you chill and be patient more then you have been with thegodfather/forgestar or next time go on ebay and order some knock of bleem wheels that will look descent you or E55. I know that once you get your wheels you will go back and read this thread and realize how silly and childish your making things that really are not a big deal.
Originally Posted by vegas55amg
whatever u say bro.

and BTW, I do believe that anybody who has waited for 22 weeks deserves a refund if requested, UNLESS they agreed to or signed a waiver. when I ordered my wheels from Modbargains last year, I had to sign a fax a form stating I knew the wheels were semi-custom special order, and I would not be eligible for a refund, as production times were out of the control of the seller.
Looks as though you two were not the sharpest tools in the shed, aye...

Agreeing to a waiver does not mean much and as tempted as I were to stay away from this thread I just had to let you two know you were wrong.
Old 06-19-2010 | 01:28 PM

2002 CLK55 AMG Cabrio 2007 E63 AMG
Whatever you say meat-head.

Those wheels you were so smart to order from Discount Tire should be in next week anyways.....

When THAT happens, feel free to post photos of the wheels on your car and crow about how smart you are.....

Until then, maybe you should sit back and enjoy a nice cup of stfu!

btw - you still sound really bitter and angry, I guess you haven't adjusted the dose on your bodybuilding "supplements".

Originally Posted by vegas55amg
Actually, Bro, you told us on May 10th (that's 4 and 1/2 weeks ago, or 31 days, NOT "14 days ago") that you had just ordered them from Discount Tire, and it would be "six weeks" until you got them......

this is from your post of May 10th:

Bought New 19" Forgestars and New Nitto Invo Tires Hey everyone. Since most people seem to be making threads regarding their wheels I will continue to the tradition. Today I bought the piano black forgestar wheels with the sizes 19x8.5 and 19x10. I also bought brand new Nitto Invo Tires in the sizes 245/30/19 and 285/30/19; I heard the Nitto Invo's were really good from doing research and checking reviews. I still have to wait six weeks to get the rims and everything but I am excited to have my order in! Anybody want to congratulate me, jk lol.

So according to you, those rims should be in at the beginning of the week after next, hence my observation that you should be "getting them any day now...."

Damn ain't facts a bee-otch?

looking forward to you posting those photos of you and your car with the wheels in a couple of weeks.......
Old 06-19-2010 | 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AWOL
I believe I was offered $800 back for my $1200 purchase price

edit: And I was lead to believe Id have them several weeks ago
WOW! I still can't believe this isn't resolved. You are a very patient man my friend and it's really a shame that our vendor can't do anything more for you than give back less than 70%. Just from this post alone I wouldn't ever do business with either Forgestar or the vendor, total bs IMO.

Once again good luck and thank you for posting your experience with the board. It's people like yourself that gives us the info needed before deciding to use companies/vendors on this board. To tell the truth I haven't even read the full thread but just on the fact alone that this issue still hasn't been resolved is enough.
Old 06-19-2010 | 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
I think the main reason I haven't filed with the credit card/debit card or take other courses of action is because I dont want to complicate things further. i dont want to have to jump through hoops and whatnot.

Im trying to be patient and just get the wheels and sell them, but everyday it gets harder and harder knowing its been paid in full for 5-6 months now and not even a hint at delivery date.

straight bullspit
Old 06-19-2010 | 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I think the main reason I haven't filed with the credit card/debit card or take other courses of action is because I dont want to complicate things further. i dont want to have to jump through hoops and whatnot.

Im trying to be patient and just get the wheels and sell them, but everyday it gets harder and harder knowing its been paid in full for 5-6 months now and not even a hint at delivery date.

straight bullspit
I agree with you a 100%. It's up to the vendor to make things right, he excepted your money and placed the order. Therefore he should be the one refunding your money back with the BS you've been dealing with. I don't care how many happy customers he's had but more so care about the ones that have issues and how they're taking care of....big time fail IMO.

It must seem like you're never going to receive your rims, I truly feel bad for you and it's really a shame it's a vendor here on the boards .
Old 06-19-2010 | 04:13 PM

S63 / CLS63

straight bullspit
American Express is the only CC that allows a consumer up to 1 yr to file a dispute/chargeback.. all other companies are much less, some as little as 3 months. You might want to go ahead and put the charge in dispute, as they will hold the funds until either A. you get your product, or B. they just give you your money back! NOT calling is going to hurt you in the end and you will not have a leg to stand on. Stop burying your head in the sand
Old 06-19-2010 | 04:14 PM

S63 / CLS63
Not to beat a dead horse, but after you get the product, who is to say that they will fit. Go ahead and do a search on google for forgestar problems.. the m5 guys, the g8 guys everyone has had fitment issues!
Old 06-19-2010 | 04:46 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER

straight bullspit

Just do it. You'll never get back what you layed out for these. Its obvious you no longer want them since you are wanting to sell them.

Originally Posted by WhitePano
Not to beat a dead horse, but after you get the product, who is to say that they will fit. Go ahead and do a search on google for forgestar problems.. the m5 guys, the g8 guys everyone has had fitment issues!
And they aren't the only ones.

These wheels were rushed to market, vendors signed up to peddle them, and in the end you are seeing delivery, fitment, quality, etc issues. Something has to be fishy if a company requires 50% down as well as only a 50% refund. Tells me they themselves don't believe in their product.
Old 06-19-2010 | 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
These wheels were rushed to market, vendors signed up to peddle them, and in the end you are seeing delivery, fitment, quality, etc issues. Something has to be fishy if a company requires 50% down as well as only a 50% refund. Tells me they themselves don't believe in their product.
+1,000,000

Agreed, start the dispute and put this nasty ordeal to rest and move on.
Old 06-19-2010 | 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Even though they do take forever to get I do think the quality is still good on them. They are probably just a small company which cannot keep up with orders, but I am just guessing.
Old 06-20-2010 | 01:15 AM

S63 / CLS63
Originally Posted by mikey33
They are probably just a small company which cannot keep up with orders, but I am just guessing.
iForged makes/owns Forgestar.. not exactly a "small" company
Old 06-20-2010 | 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by WhitePano
iForged makes/owns Forgestar.. not exactly a "small" company
Not exactly a reliable company either...

I'm personally not a fan of IForgery...
Old 06-20-2010 | 03:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
Quit shooting the messenger already... I'm relaying you the exact info I'm getting. The wheels were done but a defect in the finish was found. So, you could've gotten them a couple weeks ago and been stuck with it, but instead, Forgestar is up front and addressed the issue.

It's cool, make me look like the bad guy, I get it. The parties not vested in the situation and adding fire to it, namely those with authority on the board, really do not do anything to help the situation.

As for those stating that Forgestar is small and couldn't handle the large orders, I agree. While Forgestar isn't exactly small as pointed out, they did under estimate their popularity. I did not know that going into business with them, and found out the same exact way those with delayed orders did.

A couple new Forgestar models are coming out in a month or two, which will make jaws drop.

To prevent the same issue with orders coming in and parts not being readily available for build, Forgestar is stockpiling wheel parts of their new model (AS WELL AS THEIR CURRENT MODELS), and will even pre build sets to specs of more popular fitments (ie E55 AMG/C63 AMG), so that when orders are placed they are IMMEDIATELY shipped.

That's obviously Forgestar being proactive right there and responding to the critics in the best possible way.

As for AWOL, I feel terrible about this. Perhaps in retrospect I should have refunded him his money a long time ago, but I kept getting information from Forgestar that prevented me from doing so, ie. wheels are in productions. Were they in productions or not? I have no reason to doubt that they were in production at all, but as with everything, the delays lead me to take things with a grain of salt.
Old 06-20-2010 | 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
You should actually refund his money now. If you want to play middle man you must be prepared to pay the piper. In this case it is time to pay the piper and do with the wheels whatever you want. At this point I say the wheels are yours. Give the man his money back.
Old 06-20-2010 | 06:29 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Godfather@ONE Autosport
Quit shooting the messenger already.... The parties not vested in the situation and adding fire to it, namely those with authority on the board, really do not do anything to help the situation.....

As a sponsor you are accorded privileges on MBWorld. But that doesn't mean you are above reproach. Expecting and demanding (as evident by your repeated postings) is in line with a character of the individual as displayed by communications through the MBWorld system (i.e. posts in this and/or other thread(s)). There are other vendors, on different forums, that do not have your "friendship" ties, as you have posted on the MBWorld system, that are valuing their customer base, as posted by others on MBWorld (customer base). Maybe its a full time business for them (compared to your admission of part time). But nevertheless, you can't maintain a viable, profitable business if you constantly shift blame to someone else. This also is in line with your posting of quitting your sponsorship of MBWorld but yet maintaining it. This actually is tantamount to members buying these and expecting value. In the end where is the difference between your demands and theirs? Both paid!
Old 06-21-2010 | 08:53 AM

2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
In a quick search of Forgestar issues - there was at least one VERY similar occurrence on the 370Z forum of someone "almost" getting their wheels and then having a "defect found in the finish", so it is delayed again - with no real new delivery date.

A nice tactic - a delay that makes you look like a fool if you question it. "What, would you have wanted us to ship them with a DEFECT??? We're way too good a company to do that!!!!"

As an FYI - when the wheels for said customer finally arrived, there was one wheel that the finish didn't match - 3 piano black and then one matte black.....

I really don't care WHO is at fault here - but the customer is being treated shabbily. It's also possible that Godfather is being treated shabbily from Forgestar (his messenger comment) and not getting good info, being misled about lead times, etc - but honestly - that's his problem.

He ought to be refunding AWOL's money and then demanding the same from Forgestar. Period.
Old 06-29-2010 | 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Question

Any update on this debacle??

-Rob
Old 06-29-2010 | 03:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
I got word from Forgestar yesterday that the wheels will ship out this week.
Old 06-29-2010 | 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
OP def dispute w/your cc company. Get your $$ back and move on.

I had to do the same with another vendor (D2autosport) on here when i bought my rims. Same ol story. You'll get them in a week. Need cc # and so ready to charge my cc!!! ... Call a week later. Oh they are being custom made since we didnt have in stock. Kept on getting run around from them. Close to 8 wks later i get them. So i had to contact the maker of the rims (found them on myspace who contacted D2 to ask why a buyer is contacting them and to straighten things out with me).

Rims sent but were missing hub rings and they tried to blame me (sears) for taking them or tossing them out. So i filed a dispute w/cc and 2 days later the rims arrive. They couldn't even tell me the offset, size lug bolts to use. Just wanted my $$ and move on to the next Joe. Made sure the fitment and everything was good before i called cc to cancel the dispute.

Last edited by novae500; 06-29-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2010 | 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by novae500
OP def dispute w/your cc company. Get your $$ back and move on.

I had to do the same with another vendor (D2autosport) on here when i bought my rims. Same ol story. You'll get them in a week. Need cc # and so ready to charge my cc!!! ... Call a week later. Oh they are being custom made since we didnt have in stock. Kept on getting run around from them. Close to 8 wks later i get them. So i had to contact the maker of the rims (found them on myspace who contacted D2 to ask why a buyer is contacting them and to straighten things out with me).

Rims sent but were missing hub rings and they tried to blame me (sears) for taking them or tossing them out. So i filed a dispute w/cc and 2 days later the rims arrive. They couldn't even tell me the offset, size lug bolts to use. Just wanted my $$ and move on to the next Joe. Made sure the fitment and everything was good before i called cc to cancel the dispute.
Wow. The rim game is off the chain, customer service on a larger scale is certainly not on point as of late. It would seem with so many cautionary tales, more businesses would get it together. I am surprised to here about this from D2. Who was the rim maker exactly?
Old 06-29-2010 | 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by mikey33
Even though they do take forever to get I do think the quality is still good on them. They are probably just a small company which cannot keep up with orders, but I am just guessing.
Well, you guessed wrong. Forgestar is a spin-off from iForged, which is where the forge part of their name came from. Their wheels are not even forged. They are flow formed cast wheels. They claim that they can make custom offset cast wheels by milling the back pad of the wheels, which I really don't buy. Also the 18" wheels that they advertise for the E92 M3 did not even meet the load requirement of the E92 M3!

With iForged's track records of "exemplary" customer service, I would never touch their wheels, even with a yard stick.
Old 06-29-2010 | 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
well dispute will be charged in exactly one week, if rims do not show up before that
Old 06-29-2010 | 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Kev04C320
Well, you guessed wrong. Forgestar is a spin-off from iForged, which is where the forge part of their name came from. Their wheels are not even forged. They are flow formed cast wheels. They claim that they can make custom offset cast wheels by milling the back pad of the wheels, which I really don't buy. Also the 18" wheels that they advertise for the E92 M3 did not even meet the load requirement of the E92 M3!

With iForged's track records of "exemplary" customer service, I would never touch their wheels, even with a yard stick.
Thanks for the clarification.

Hopefully when I get my wheels they are okay and fit well (fingers crossed).
Old 06-29-2010 | 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by Kev04C320
No offense to people with Iforged wheels but this statement above is EXACTLY how I feel about them. Kudos to those of you who haven't had problems with them, but I have heard too many horror stories and know a few people who had a debacle with their customer service that I wouldn't touch them if they were given to me for free.

As stated...I really do hope you get your wheels this week. Good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one that didnt get my forgestars yet?