W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do people generally know what these things have in them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
germans
Dayummmmmm..hahahha..thericker bust'n. Its ok...just turn your flashers on after you pass them to let 'em know your the one with a kompressor.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Esh

E55
In Portland I was challenged by an S4 and a WRX, but that's it. There are quite a few non-AMG's here. I think people just don't know because typically the cars aren't as common as others. They are stealthy and I like it that way.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Even here in SoCal very few people know what an AMG is, let alone a Kompressor. Gotta be a real enthusiast to be in the know, and they're pretty few and far between.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:31 AM

W211 E55 AMG, W211 E320, R170 350, E46 325ci, NSX, EF8 Crx, CF R6
Originally Posted by mikeevo
dudes your to serious. he was just giving us his version of the story, so he mentioned 1 sec. I dont ever take any of these numbers to be perfect unless your giving me 1/4 mile slips. you dont know how fast he was going on some maybe they eased into didnt down shift ,who knows its just a story. He made a kill, I think he know he will be killed as well , he didnt come on here stating , " I will Kill every C6 on the planet, ( C5 is better anyway), no car is as fast as mine!!! So lighten up alittle you see he is a newb. good story , have fun and be safe that is what matters and enjoy the car.
+1
Old 05-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
dudes your to serious. he was just giving us his version of the story, so he mentioned 1 sec. I dont ever take any of these numbers to be perfect unless your giving me 1/4 mile slips. you dont know how fast he was going on some maybe they eased into didnt down shift ,who knows its just a story. He made a kill, I think he know he will be killed as well , he didnt come on here stating , " I will Kill every C6 on the planet, ( C5 is better anyway), no car is as fast as mine!!! So lighten up alittle you see he is a newb. good story , have fun and be safe that is what matters and enjoy the car.
I agree...I also do not see the point into going into this much detail when it was a fun street race. Jeez next you will get what gear, what was the tire psi, what fuel. da, car not broken in arguments

This is not a 1/4 race... chill pill
Old 05-03-2010, 07:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Agreed.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:30 AM

2002 BMW M5, 1992 AWD DSM, 1988 Yamaha FZR1000
I don't doubt either of the stories. The "full second" timeframe is probably off by a few tenths but eh. WHEN YOU ARE STREET RACING YOU MUST HAVE EXACT 60' & 1/8 TIMES OR ELSE YOUR STORY IS INVALID.

I also don't doubt that the C6 driver was terrible. Also, the Jaguar S-Type R is slow as ****.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:31 AM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by Thericker
Right once again proving my points E55 newbs need to go back to there M3's being raped daily by 335is
Someone needs a break from the forum and some time off your MB horse.

Not many people know what a amg car has cause its just seen as a MB with some pipes. I used to have a m3 man and that thing got way more looks and for sure appeared to be faster, this car is low key and beastly. Try this, when dating a new girl let her sit in the car and say how the seats hug her. on second or third date around, roll 30in 1st or 55 in 2nd and get on the throttle LOL, let me know how that works out for you.

Last edited by Infiniti; 05-03-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:04 PM

germans
Originally Posted by Infiniti
Someone needs a break from the forum and some time off your MB horse.

Not many people know what a amg car has cause its just seen as a MB with some pipes. I used to have a m3 man and that thing got way more looks and for sure appeared to be faster, this car is low key and beastly. Try this, when dating a new girl let her sit in the car and say how the seats hug her. on second or third date around, roll 30in 1st or 55 in 2nd and get on the throttle LOL, let me know how that works out for you.
example of therickers point...alot of ex M3 owners, like yourself, are getting E55's now that the prices have fallen. You chose the E because you are tired of being beat'n by 335's. You give up all your handling for MB power and are coming on this forum to let us know you have a monster car.

It's time to grow up, because 1, we know it has power, and 2, you're street racing. Guys here set up track events on both coast. Tell us a story about how you spun first gear at the track. Take your antics to the track to avoid being headlines on a newspaper. If you need to bring a girl on a date and snap her neck by romping on it, you have weak sauce game and might consider learning how to dance or something.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Take it down a notch here guys--- enjoy the story and question it if need be but be respectful and educate not throw the internet beat down.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
I'll occasionally get a bimmer that wants to play on the freeway but that's about it. I'm pretty sure people just look at me as some ***** who put black rims on a E320 and just listens to techno way too loud This is the outright fastest car I've owned and I love that no one really knows or cares to try and have me prove it. People that do know what it is are usually pretty educated and respectful and ask about it at a red light or give me a thumbs up on the highway.

I guess it's just a more mature crowd that own and know about these cars, not your dime a dozen STI that needs the aforementioned quote to pick up chicks

Originally Posted by gonzjed
If you need to bring a girl on a date and snap her neck by romping on it, you have weak sauce game and might consider learning how to dance or something.
Honestly the best quote I've ever read
Old 05-03-2010, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by Vic55
Take it down a notch here guys--- enjoy the story and question it if need be but be respectful and educate not throw the internet beat down.
+1 WHY ALL THE HOSTILITY I joined this site to get insite on all that the E55 has to offer and i have gotten alot of great info that has helped me beyond belief. But lately there has been alot of peeps just bashing, Ive said it before and ill say it again if you don't like what you see don't read any further or don't reply thats what i do and it seems to work just great Some of you can give that a try. Instead of causing a internet war lol.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:13 PM

2010 C63
I wish I knew about the E55 when I picked up my C55!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:43 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by tgoss
I'm pretty sure people just look at me as some ***** who put black rims on a E320 and just listens to techno way too loud
No, this is the best quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
No, this is the best quote
I'm almost positive at this point I should get frosted tips and wear white sunglasses.... even at night
Old 05-03-2010, 01:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55, Supercharged Z4 (sold)
Back on point: I don't think anybody knows what the AMG's have in them. If I tell people they are surprised as hell. I suspect they think I'm full of it sometimes lol I saw an E60 M5 today and it looks more "racy". The E55 looks more handsome and subtle, kinda like the E39 M5 looked to me back in the day. About the only clue is the four tailpipes on the AMG.

In fact i saw an S65 (which is really rare around here) and I would have never known what was under the hood if I wasn't an MB fan. I can just see a mustang owner hitting the loud pedal and being shocked when the big benz blew by it. Nothing much gives it away if you are ignorant about benz's.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:59 PM

2006 e55, 2008 r350, 1998 lexus es300
Originally Posted by mikekuriger
I wish I knew about the E55 when I picked up my C55!
you're kidding right? you must have done some research on different amg models before buying your c55
Old 05-03-2010, 03:12 PM

a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by gonzjed
example of therickers point...alot of ex M3 owners, like yourself, are getting E55's now that the prices have fallen. You chose the E because you are tired of being beat'n by 335's. You give up all your handling for MB power and are coming on this forum to let us know you have a monster car.

It's time to grow up, because 1, we know it has power, and 2, you're street racing. Guys here set up track events on both coast. Tell us a story about how you spun first gear at the track. Take your antics to the track to avoid being headlines on a newspaper. If you need to bring a girl on a date and snap her neck by romping on it, you have weak sauce game and might consider learning how to dance or something.

Now that i know your therickers pitbull i can respond. I am an ex M3 owner but didn’t get a e55 now that prices have fallen, I got one cause i was in the market for a new car and the price range i was in, its the best buy. If I could have had a wider range I would have bought a M5 but im sure you'll have something pathetic to say about that as well. Unlike you who is PROBABLY well over 30 and are experiencing a midlife crisis I'm 24 and I pay for my car maintenance and all the above (and no I didn’t buy a 27k 55 that has been painted up and has a ton of miles). I have never come on here to let anyone know how much of a monster my car is I just simply read someone’s post that was hyped about having one so i jumped in on it. your probably also the same guy who thinks a e55 is a monster car, NEWS FLASH they are nice but a monster car would be more like a HPF M3 not OUR 55's that die at 127mph trap speeds.

So going forward 1. I know the car has power cause I have either had cars with more power than you, driven cars with more power, or have friends that own cars with REAL power not a 127/129 trap speed car. 2 your right I am street racing. 3 as far as the women.......wow man, the girls I date or am with or however you want to say it are the same ones you see a guy like me walk past by with and you think to yourself......damn he pimpin'. (Maybe I should rephrase that for you old-timer) damn, that was a mighty fine young lady.

The title of the thread is Do people generally know what these things have in them? So that’s why I used the example about the girls because more than the majority of people they have no idea. So go back to being old and miserable while im young and shinin'.

(no offense to others as this message is only directed at this bum)

tgoss, if thats the best quote you have ever read you need to get out brother.

Last edited by Infiniti; 05-03-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Now that i know your therickers pitbull i can respond. I am an ex M3 owner but didn’t get a e55 now that prices have fallen, I got one cause i was in the market for a new car and the price range i was in, its the best buy. If I could have had a wider range I would have bought a M5 but im sure you'll have something pathetic to say about that as well. Unlike you who is PROBABLY well over 30 and are experiencing a midlife crisis I'm 24 and I pay for my car maintenance and all the above (and no I didn’t buy a 27k 55 that has been painted up and has a ton of miles). I have never come on here to let anyone know how much of a monster my car is I just simply read someone’s post that was hyped about having one so i jumped in on it. your probably also the same guy who thinks a e55 is a monster car, NEWS FLASH they are nice but a monster car would be more like a HPF M3 not OUR 55's that die at 127mph trap speeds.

So going forward 1. I know the car has power cause I have either had cars with more power than you, driven cars with more power, or have friends that own cars with REAL power not a 127/129 trap speed car. 2 your right I am street racing. 3 as far as the women.......wow man, the girls I date or am with or however you want to say it are the same ones you see a guy like me walk past by with and you think to yourself......damn he pimpin'. (Maybe I should rephrase that for you old-timer) damn, that was a mighty fine young lady.

The title of the thread is Do people generally know what these things have in them? So that’s why I used the example about the girls because more than the majority of people they have no idea. So go back to being old and miserable while im young and shinin'.

Newbs like yourself are what brings this forum down, you're a JOKE You should trade in your high mileage/salvaged E55 & get your parents to Co-sign for a C63 deff your crowd waiting their

Last edited by Thericker; 05-03-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Wow, lots of action going on here today....

I'll try to stay on-topic.... most people don't what an E55 AMG is let alone what engine it has or how much horsepower it produces. Most people look at it and think it is a nice 4-door sedan that is "kinda sporty". Usually only car enthusiasts will know what it is.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
I almost **** myself every time rickers posts.. I am new to this board, however I am not new to idiots on forums. Based on the picture of his car: his di ck isn’t big enough for his ego AND he has roid rage. Thanks for those who have stayed on topic, and thank you ricker for giving me some humor on an otherwise non-eventful day.

Back On Topic- I too was simply looking for a new car- I have had VW’s, Audis, Multiple BMW’s, but never a Merc. I like the power, and the comfort. I did homework, and know the “Out of Box” capabilities, and am excited about the high yield mods.. I am bone stock right now, but I love the car. As promised, Ill post pics tonight of the High Mileage Wreck of a car.

ricker, please feel free to (continue to) make yourself look like an ***. Thanks!

Last edited by Bramage; 05-03-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:30 PM

germans

This is not a casting call for "Jersey Shores." Since you could only afford someone else's used underwear, don't wear it on your face around here like that....and pull your pants up!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Bramage
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I almost **** myself every time rickers posts.. I am new to this board, however I am not new to idiots on forums. Based on the picture of his car: his di ck isn’t big enough for his ego AND he has roid rage. Thanks for those who have stayed on topic, and thank you ricker for giving me some humor on an otherwise non-eventful day.

Back On Topic- I too was simply looking for a new car- I have had VW’s, Audis, Multiple BMW’s, but never a Merc. I like the power, and the comfort. I did homework, and know the “Out of Box” capabilities, and am excited about the high yield mods.. I am bone stock right now, but I love the car. As promised, Ill post pics tonight of the High Mileage Wreck of a car.
How truly sad, you have to stoop to such name calling etc due solely to being caught heavily exaggerating your 55's exploits Go back to M3 world boy

PS.. If you could read instead of just spaz-out you'd realize the high mileage/salvage title jab wasn't directed @ you, but @ your Nursery buddy Infiniti...

[Newbs like yourself are what brings this forum down, you're a JOKE You should trade in your high mileage/salvaged E55 & get your parents to Co-sign for a C63 deff your crowd waiting their

Last edited by Thericker; 05-03-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:52 PM

a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by Thericker
How truly sad, you have to stoop to such name calling etc due solely to being caught heavily exaggerating your 55's exploits Go back to M3 world boy

PS.. If you could read instead of just spaz-out you'd realize the high mileage/salvage title jab wasn't directed @ you, but @ your Nursery buddy Infiniti...
PSS.. If YOU could read you would of understood "no I didn’t buy a 27k 55 that has been painted up and has a ton of miles" so go back to layin up with your puppies or beating off to this forum while im out young and shinin on old farts like yourself. BTW your SL is hella ghey IMO
Old 05-03-2010, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
PSS.. If YOU could read you would of understood "no I didn’t buy a 27k 55 that has been painted up and has a ton of miles" so go back to layin up with your puppies or beating off to this forum while im out young and shinin on old farts like yourself. BTW your SL is hella ghey IMO
Ohh dear lord you are special PS... Sure you didn't, your parents bought it off Craigs list...

Last edited by Thericker; 05-03-2010 at 04:57 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do people generally know what these things have in them?