W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do people generally know what these things have in them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Do people generally know what these things have in them?

Im my M3, everyone wanted to race.. In the E55, the field is smaller, however there are still PLENTY of opportunities. I get the feeleing people do not know what the beast has lurking under the hood.

The faces of the people as you stroll by them is priceless.

I had a woman in a C6 Vette gome up beside me on a two lane on ramp that was about a quarter mile long. I was just puttin' along. As soon as she is next to me, she nails it.. Black smoke and all. I waited a good second, then nailed it. I passed her before the ramp merged with the freeway. I slowed, and as she came by once on the freeway, she looked like this _>

Then, on Friday, a guy was leaving work in a Jag S-Type R. He was ahead of me, and seemed like he had somewhere to go pretty fast. I think he didn't want to line up with me, in the off chance that we were getting on the freeway together. As I am getting on 5 North, here he is.. sittin duck - I am behind him, and as it is evening, the freeway light is going. I count the cars WOOT, we will be in same cycle. He is in front, and I behind. Light turns green, and I just slowly leave, giving him room. Again with the richness, black smoke pours from his exhaust as he attempts to leave me in the errr.... dust

I give him about a second, and nail it. Again, passed before the lanes merge... I slowed down to smile at the guy (he is a co-oworker I guess), and he just stared straight ahead.. I shugged, and cruised on.

I love this car, and although I have only put about 200 miles on it, they have been fun, luxurious miles. Ill post up some picks today.

Last edited by Bramage; 05-04-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Fat guy is not me.. (Please bag on him)
Old 05-02-2010, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Not sure about in the cities, but in the small town that i live in, few know what it is let alone what it has. There is only one other 211 in town. Not an AMG though. I havent been challenged once yet. Do get a lot of looks, good or bad looks IDK.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
very few people know what a kompressor stands for... let alone how much power it can produce on a v6 or V8 car.

Probably only other fellow car enthusiast can acknowledge the car's potential...
Thats probably 5% of the driving population.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG, CLK550
Originally Posted by Bramage
Im my M3, everyone wanted to race.. In the E55, the field is smaller, however there are still PLENTY of opportunities. I get the feeleing people do not know what the beast has lurking under the hood.

I had a woman in a C6 Vette gome up beside me on a two lane on ramp that was about a quarter mile long. I was just puttin' along. As soon as she is next to me, she nails it.. Black smoke and all. I waited a good second, then nailed it. I passed her before the ramp merged with the freeway. I slowed, and as she came by once on the freeway, she looked like this _>

Then, on Friday, a guy was leaving work in a Jag S-Type R. He was ahead of me, and seemed like he had somewhere to go pretty fast. I think he didn't want to line up with me, in the off chance that we were getting on the freeway together. As I am getting on 5 North, here he is.. sittin duck - I am behind him, and as it is evening, the freeway light is going. I count the cars WOOT, we will be in same cycle. He is in front, and I behind. Light turns green, and I just slowly leave, giving him room. Again with the richness, black smoke pours from his exhaust as he attempts to leave me in the errr.... dust

I give him about a second, and nail it. Again, passed before the lanes merge... I slowed down to smile at the guy (he is a co-oworker I guess), and he just stared straight ahead.. I shugged, and cruised on.

I love this car, and although I have only put about 200 miles on it, they have been fun, luxurious miles. Ill post up some picks today.

Very cool!
Let's see some pics of the Beast!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
That's why I love the E55. I have Neon driver rev at my Honda Odyssey, but nobody give a hoot about the E55.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Nobody knows and nobody cares. And that's a good thing. These cars are nice and stealthy, esp the wagon. Plus in SoCal there are so many higher end (and faster) cars, that nobody looks twice.

And nobody cares with the freeway scenarios you just described. Unless it's a real three-honk, then you have no clue if they're really nailing it or what. They're just going to pass it off as you pushing hard and they weren't, esp if they weren't really trying. So in their mind, they're still faster. Those little freeway games won't prove anything to them.

Of course I have the waaaay slower E63 so what do I know....
Old 05-02-2010, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo

I give him about a second, and nail it. Again, passed before the lanes merge...
I slowed down to smile at the guy (he is a co-oworker I guess), and he just stared straight ahead.. I shugged, and cruised on.

Love the enthusiasm etc but the described 1 second lead you gave both the C6 Vette/Jag S-Type R, then you finally nailed it & caught/passed them in STOCK E55 is just plain Giving the full second jump to either car you ran @ those SHORT distances you describe will = certain LOSS for even a modded E55...

You E55 guys never cease to make me laugh

Last edited by Thericker; 05-02-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
I have an S55, and people don't even notice it as a "fast" type car - but if someone pulls up in an 1.8 Audi TT or something they think it's the bee's knees of speed! haha..

I guess you can surprise some people, and the select few who know what it is enjoy see them. I love seeing other AMG's on the road, I always try to acknowledge the other driver.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
Originally Posted by Thericker
Love the enthusiasm etc but the described 1 second lead you gave both the C6 Vette/Jag S-Type R, then you finally nailed it & caught/passed them in STOCK E55 is just plain Giving the full second jump to either car you ran @ those SHORT distances you describe will = certain LOSS for even a modded E55...

You E55 guys never cease to make me laugh
Lets call it 1/2 a second then

Long enough to provide some room..

Also beat a minivan.. he was trying though

Last edited by Bramage; 05-02-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Lets call it 1/2 a second then

Long enough to provide some room..
Dream on bud! Even 1/2 second jump given to autos you quoted would leave you in dust @ those short distances....E55 newbs
Old 05-02-2010, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
Jaguar S-Type R 13.5 @ 103MPH
Our distance was over a 1/4 mile, the first 1/8th uphill...

Old 05-02-2010, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Jaguar S-Type R 13.5 @ 103MPH
Our distance was over a 1/4 mile, the first 1/8th uphill...

Guy you've changed your story twice now, 1st you gave them a FULL SECOND lead then when questioned you quickly drop it to 1/2 second jump.

2nd you 1st post it was
on a two lane on ramp that was about a quarter mile long.
Now you state it was OVER 1/4 mile long & 1st 1/8 mile uphill You're a joke just drop it, your story is Except to the E55'ers who imagine they have the SLR engine swap
Old 05-02-2010, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
Why are you so hostile, jeez.. get some tissues.. Story hasn't changed from first post. No one over the in "Red Caliper" board?
Old 05-02-2010, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Why are you so hostile, jeez.. get some tissues.. Story hasn't changed from first post. No one over the in "Red Caliper" board?
Not hating guy just speaking the truth, a FULL second lead (since you're now back peddling yet again stating your story hasn't changed) equates to any where up to 10 car lengths IE 1 FULL second lead = roughly 1 car length every tenth of second.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...rs-online.html
Old 05-02-2010, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by Thericker
Not hating guy just speaking the truth, a FULL second lead (since you're now back peddling yet again stating your story hasn't changed) equates to any where up to 10 car lengths IE 1 FULL second lead = roughly 1 car length every tenth of second.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...rs-online.html

Not sure where you get your information from, perhaps your referring to the END of a 1/4 mile run. I absolutely shredded a C6 that had OVER a 1 second head start on me from a rolling start. I easily caught and passed him.
Granted my car is not stock either. This would be about the 6th or 7th C6 that got it's *** kicked along with a few C5 Vettes as well.

But without getting panties all bunched up, to the OP, it is not the 55 that gets peoples attention. It is when they see the E55Kompressor badge that they understand what is next to them. I have had many so called muscle cars not even try even though they drove aggressively up to that point. E55Kompressor badge=forget about it.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by pearlpower
It is when they see the E55Kompressor badge that they understand what is next to them. I have had many so called muscle cars not even try even though they drove aggressively up to that point. E55Kompressor badge=forget about it.
Who's actually looking?

Anyway, take off the badges. Less wind resistance will make you go faster.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Not sure where you get your information from, perhaps your referring to the END of a 1/4 mile run. I absolutely shredded a C6 that had OVER a 1 second head start on me from a rolling start. I easily caught and passed him.
Granted my car is not stock either. This would be about the 6th or 7th C6 that got it's *** kicked along with a few C5 Vettes as well.

But without getting panties all bunched up, to the OP, it is not the 55 that gets peoples attention. It is when they see the E55Kompressor badge that they understand what is next to them. I have had many so called muscle cars not even try even though they drove aggressively up to that point. E55Kompressor badge=forget about it.
You guys ALL assume too much, your races are obviously vs poorly driven C6/C5 model Vettes (even the C6 Z06 can be **** poor slow when short shifted) a FULL second lead when properly driven = multi length lead period even w/slower competition...

FYI there are multi reg bone STOCK C6 Vettes w/A6 trans (automatic 6 speed) running 12.1x-12.2x @ 117+ mph straight from factory, the elitist attitude around here is laughable...

Just because you ran into a gagle of fumbling old clowns leaving there shuffle board games in manual 6 speed who can't shift for ***** means nada about the C6/C5 platforms overall perf when in capable hands.

Last edited by Thericker; 05-02-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Looks like someone touched a nerve on The Ricker.

He's an ex-Vette dude and his Vette wars with us were legendary!

Obviously he has come to the dark side though.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by Jakpro1

Yeah, his insecurity shows.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Jakpro1

hehehe not angry bro, just tired of reading
Old 05-02-2010, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Yeah, his insecurity shows.
Right once again proving my points E55 newbs need to go back to there M3's being raped daily by 335is
Old 05-02-2010, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
simple answer to the OPs question... NOPE
Old 05-02-2010, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Here is an idea of what The Ricker is trying to say, in the video I get a .3 jump from reaction time on Alan in the right lane, or left side of the screen. I was about three car lengths ahead and still ahead by more then a car length come half track. At the end he passes me for the win and ran an 11.2 and I ran an 11.5 (take note of the win light in his lane). He had at the time 50-80 hp more then what I did, it took him the whole 1/4 to catch up and he was pulling hard on me. His car is much faster then mine but with just .3 of a jump it wasn't easy for him to catch up.

I'm no slouch but I never give someone a head start, little lone a full second. Just admit you're like a nerd in a calculator store right now with a new car and got caught exaggerating. Just don't be silly and argue with someone who has been around the block on this forum longer and man up when you are called out.

http://vimeo.com/6013733
Old 05-02-2010, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Here is an idea of what The Ricker is trying to say, in the video I get a .3 jump from reaction time on Alan in the right lane, or left side of the screen. I was about three car lengths ahead and still ahead by more then a car length come half track. At the end he passes me for the win and ran an 11.2 and I ran an 11.5 (take note of the win light in his lane). He had at the time 50-80 hp more then what I did, it took him the whole 1/4 to catch up and he was pulling hard on me. His car is much faster then mine but with just .3 of a jump it wasn't easy for him to catch up.

I'm no slouch but I never give someone a head start, little lone a full second. Just admit you're like a nerd in a calculator store right now with a new car and got caught exaggerating. Just don't be silly and argue with someone who has been around the block on this forum longer and man up when you are called out.

http://vimeo.com/6013733
Ahh the voice of reason, thnx for explaining it thoroughly bro
Old 05-02-2010, 10:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Silver E55
dudes your to serious. he was just giving us his version of the story, so he mentioned 1 sec. I dont ever take any of these numbers to be perfect unless your giving me 1/4 mile slips. you dont know how fast he was going on some maybe they eased into didnt down shift ,who knows its just a story. He made a kill, I think he know he will be killed as well , he didnt come on here stating , " I will Kill every C6 on the planet, ( C5 is better anyway), no car is as fast as mine!!! So lighten up alittle you see he is a newb. good story , have fun and be safe that is what matters and enjoy the car.

Last edited by mikeevo; 05-02-2010 at 10:43 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do people generally know what these things have in them?