Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by TheVazha
Direct Buy Warranty:
Easy Care: Less expensive when purchased through the dealership. The rates at the ds are negotiable where as if you call easy care directly they are not.

So far, Easy Care through Lisa is the best deal yet. Still shopping, will report my findings....
Yeah, when I got my car second hand (at Luxury Motors no less) I got Easy Care for 4 yrs/48K miles for $2500. I just got a letter in the mail saying my coverage would end at 60K miles or in November of this year and to call for new coverage. I am curious to know what the price will be...
Old 06-09-2010, 05:19 PM

07 E63
Originally Posted by KA8
MB of Anaheim Finance Manager recommended AUL Reserve coverage. Good for 4 yrs 48K additional miles. It has 'disappearing deductible'($0) when I take it to this dealership and $100 elsewhere. He said it's 'as good as MB extended warranty. They sold it so I trust it. My ML is in for some repairs yesterday, so far so good no bs from AUL, also dealer provided complimentary loaner as well. Since you got warranty already this reply is pointless. Anyhow just providing my 2 cents. Since you're in LA area I recommend MB of Anaheim if you're price conscious with service costs. Customer service is top notch. Downtown LA and House of Import are blah~
Can I ask what you paid for the AUL coverage?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Hi,

Just got a quote for warranty through "Direct Buy Warranty".

05 E55 AMG with 55K miles
5 years with additional 130K miles no cap/no limit/0 Deductible on the "Platinum +" plan. Apparently covers everything...

COST: $2900

I smell bull. HAAS ANYONE HERE had experience with Direct Buy???? Loads of negative press on the net, but I want to know if someone here has actually dealt with these people. LET ME KNOW PLEASE!!!!!!
Yeah, that's impossible. A good warranty that WILL pay out on everything will cost over 5K. Anything less than that and there will be lots of limitations that you will find out the hard way. Every warranty company has limitations in the policy, what kind of limitations each one has is what makes a big difference. Mercedes will be a premium, supercharger is another premium and AMG adds another premium on top of that. If you plan on changing the factory tire size make sure the warranty company knows because that is another premium. EXPENSIVE is what your warranty will be but you get what you pay for.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:30 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
Yeah, that's impossible. A good warranty that WILL pay out on everything will cost over 5K. Anything less than that and there will be lots of limitations that you will find out the hard way. Every warranty company has limitations in the policy, what kind of limitations each one has is what makes a big difference. Mercedes will be a premium, supercharger is another premium and AMG adds another premium on top of that. If you plan on changing the factory tire size make sure the warranty company knows because that is another premium. EXPENSIVE is what your warranty will be but you get what you pay for.
Direct buy paid out for me.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Originally Posted by BenJ
Direct buy paid out for me.

Ben you have Direct Buy? Tell me about your experiance. How much did you pay and for what coverage???? Tell please!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
I have Fidelity on my SL600 and they've been great. Never any problems paying out.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
I have Fidelity on my SL600 and they've been great. Never any problems paying out.

Ya I gt a quote for Fidelity and its $5200 for 3/36. Ouch!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63
Here is what you can expect:
05 E55 with 56K miles

All the warranties are basically the same and deductibles range from $50-$100

Direct Buy Auto Warranty
-5yrs/additional 130K miles
-$0 deductible
-Any service shop
-Cost: $2900

Easy Care
-3/36
-$250 deductible
-Any shop
-No caps
-Cost: $3690

Fidelity
-3/36
-No caps
-any shop
-$100 deductible
-Cost: $4600-$5500 (depending how greedy the broker selling it is)

Mercury
-3/36
-
-
-
-Cost: $5200 (still negotiating)

So, after doing a bunch of research, it seems direct buy is the best price. I got them to break the payment up so we'll see if they pan out to be any good...
Old 06-09-2010, 10:10 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Ben you have Direct Buy? Tell me about your experiance. How much did you pay and for what coverage???? Tell please!
I purchased their maximum coverage, elite I believe it's called, for $2600. I waited for the 30 day period to pass and the day after filed a claim for new front passenger bushings totaling $700. They paid for the repair so as of now I have no complaints. All of that being said, I would go with chrysler except for the fact that it doesn't exist anymore and 5k for a 2-3 year warranty is a bit much.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:36 PM

E55, C32, ML320
So, after doing a bunch of research, it seems direct buy is the best price. I got them to break the payment up so we'll see if they pan out to be any good...
Am I losing my mind or did you just report the following about Direct Buy? I crossed them off my list forever after reading that.

--------

"I told them NOT to run my card and the agent said they would wait 24 Hrs for me to approve the contract. I did some research and found out that they DO NOT pay out on repairs. When the repair is more then the cost of the policy they simply cancel the policy without the holders approval. Anyways I thought I was good because I told them not to run my card. Last night I get an email CONFIRMING my purchase of a Direct Buy Warranty with a policy number and all the terms! I quickly called my bank and they were great, just canceled my card at no charge to me and they're overnighting me a new one.

Here's the best part. On the email confirmation I received, there are two email addresses for customer service. I sent an email to both saying how I never approved anything and NEVER gave permission for them to run my card. About 2 minutes later I got a bounced email back saying "UNKNOWN ADDRESS"!!! "
Old 06-10-2010, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63
Originally Posted by blando
Am I losing my mind or did you just report the following about Direct Buy? I crossed them off my list forever after reading that.

--------

I know what you mean. Believe me I'm beating my head against the wall truing to decide.

Consider this:

On the BBB site, Direct buy has 3 complaints in the last 36 months. Fidelity has 117!!!! Easy Care has around 68 complaints!!! What gives? Both Fidelity and Easy Care are A+ rated while Direct Buy has an F rating. WTF?

The way the Direct Buy sales guy explained it was that they are not part of the BBB circle of rated companies. Apparently, and someone who knows should confirm this, you have to pay $$$ to become BBB recognized. So what do you do? Do you go with the A rated company that's had over 100 complaints in the last 3 years or do you go with the F rated (for unclear reasons) that has ONLY 3 complaints?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:45 AM

2007 SL55 AMG
Direct Buy Warranty covers my 07 SL55

I have been with direct buy warranty for almost a year now, my plan cost me around $3250.00 for 5 years. I have only had to file 1 claim so far for my turbo charger that went out on me back in march and direct buy warranty covered the entire claim for me. They have show to be warranty company that is willing to work with the customers and assist them. I too was extremely skeptical about the plan and there rating with the BBB but they only had 3 complaints in 36 months. I later found out when i tried to get BBB accreditation that you must pay over $800 a month for it to have at least a B+ rating which in my mind is bull****. if a company does good by their customers then they should automatically have that but then again nothing is free in this world. I hope this helps you in any way.

Enjoy the feel of driving an AMG vehicle!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63
Originally Posted by 07SL55MAN
I have been with direct buy warranty for almost a year now, my plan cost me around $3250.00 for 5 years. I have only had to file 1 claim so far for my turbo charger that went out on me back in march and direct buy warranty covered the entire claim for me. They have show to be warranty company that is willing to work with the customers and assist them. I too was extremely skeptical about the plan and there rating with the BBB but they only had 3 complaints in 36 months. I later found out when i tried to get BBB accreditation that you must pay over $800 a month for it to have at least a B+ rating which in my mind is bull****. if a company does good by their customers then they should automatically have that but then again nothing is free in this world. I hope this helps you in any way.

I didn't know an SL55 was turbo charged. You obviously work for Direct Buy.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:48 PM

E55, C32, ML320
I think a potential reason the other warranty providers may have more complaints is that they probably have far more customers. I'm going to talk to my dealer and see about buying a policy through them. If the price is close to what I can get direct, then at least I'll have some leverage with them and I should have recourse through the local small claims court if things go south. I'll let you all know what I find out.

Last edited by blando; 06-10-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His wife crazy
LOL! Bet his post count stays in the single digits.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:59 PM

E55, C32, ML320
They're already crossed off my list but I just crossed them off again.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab

Nice post dousche! LOL Friggin idiot! Turbo Sl55! What a complete dope!

The last line is the best! Like you know driving your Kia and peddeling warranties!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:17 AM

2003 E55 AMG

I find this story hard to chew unless you are referring to a different car then the one listed in both your screen name and profile. Further, why would you purchase an aftermarket warranty from Direct Buy for a car that is only 3 years old? Surely it is either still under factory warranty or it can qualify for an extended factory warranty.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:06 AM

E55, 911 Carrera, CLK350 Cab, Expedition - kid mover & huntin' truck
I got a quote from Easycare today for 4 years 50K miles and $250 deductible at $7.900.....at that I'll take my chances.

Direct Buy Warranty had a smoking price but their contract terms have a hole in them big enough to drive a truck through. Read the contract before you consider DBW.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63
Originally Posted by X2Board
LOL! Bet his post count stays in the single digits.
L

Originally Posted by blando
They're already crossed off my list but I just crossed them off again.
O

Originally Posted by emoving
Nice post dousche! LOL Friggin idiot! Turbo Sl55! What a complete dope!

The last line is the best! Like you know driving your Kia and peddeling warranties!
L

Originally Posted by Scott Lenger
I got a quote from Easycare today for 4 years 50K miles and $250 deductible at $7.900.....at that I'll take my chances.

Direct Buy Warranty had a smoking price but their contract terms have a hole in them big enough to drive a truck through. Read the contract before you consider DBW.
I can get you the same EC quote for about 3G's less. With that said, I'm working on something now that is comparable to CSC and ELW, and less $. Dont make a move yet. I will share details as soon as I confirm and purchase.... Stay tuned
Old 06-11-2010, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63

Oh and BTW, LITERALLY because of this post I will now never do business with Direct Buy or recommend it to anyone.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:14 AM

2003 E55 AMG
let me know what company you end up going with V. Although I'm currently with DBW and havn't had any problems, I'm uneasy with their rep and still looking for an alternative company.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:18 AM

a 7-seater
For those of you researching various warranties, I will again suggest giving Lisa at Courtesy Motors a call. She is very well-versed with many of the warranty companies out there and at the very least can give you honest advice as to the pros and cons of each. Her direct line is (530) 230-3154.

As for the Chrysler service contracts...I can only say I called them direct about a week ago at (800) 442-2666 and spoke with Todd. He quoted me the following costs on a 2006 E55 with 59xxx miles:

$100 Deductible:
4yr/unlimited - $5285

$200 Deductible:
2yr/unlimited - $3720
3yr/unlimited - $4255
4yr/unlimited - $4635
5yr/70k - $4635

I believe there are price tier breaks based on mileage broken down every 10k miles or so (i.e.- 50k, 60k, 70k, etc.). I do not know availability or if there are other restrictions based on model year or anything else, but hopefully this helps.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:21 AM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jay spec
For those of you researching various warranties, I will again suggest giving Lisa at Courtesy Motors a call. She is very well-versed with many of the warranty companies out there and at the very least can give you honest advice as to the pros and cons of each. Her direct line is (530) 230-3154.

As for the Chrysler service contracts...I can only say I called them direct about a week ago at (800) 442-2666 and spoke with Todd. He quoted me the following costs on a 2006 E55 with 59xxx miles:

$100 Deductible:
4yr/unlimited - $5285

$200 Deductible:
2yr/unlimited - $3720
3yr/unlimited - $4255
4yr/unlimited - $4635
5yr/70k - $4635

I believe there are price tier breaks based on mileage broken down every 10k miles or so (i.e.- 50k, 60k, 70k, etc.). I do not know availability or if there are other restrictions based on model year or anything else, but hopefully this helps.
It may also vary geographically. I called CSC last week as well and got the big N O from them so I'm going to look elsewhere for now.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:48 AM

2007 SL55 AMG
excuse me im sorry im not a mechanic it was covered under my super turbocharger coverage i had a loss over power and they said it was covered under that section of my policy whoopy i have supercharger and not a turbocharger btw trust me i wouldnt be working with a warranty company after graduating yale with honors in computer science

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: NEED ADVICE FAST FOR WARRANTY!!!!