W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CTS-V

Old 06-26-2010, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Nissans are generally less reliable than Toyotas...

-Rob
Old 06-26-2010, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
Originally Posted by way2evil
If the escalade is rated the number one luxury SUV then every single person on this planet is doing something wrong.
I agree. Anything with a price tag north of $70k that still has fake plastic wood all over the dash is a joke. I hate all these "luxury" trucks. Like I said..Range Rover, GL, etc are the best. If I absolutely needed a huge suv I'd go with the Caddy though.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mikeevo
Thats because it is. I have been all over the US , and Texas is still the best, If its weather, can have snow or heat.You can have mountains or Oceans. Just pick a place and live awhile. Thats not to say other places are not nice just not home. TEXAS # 1
Texas has mountains and oceans but they're not worth going to. Who's gonna drive from Dallas to west Texas for mediocre mountains in the desert or the Gulf Coast for crappy beaches? Lol

Don't get me wrong I like it here..the mountains and beaches and beautiful scenery aren't why though.

Southern Califonia has real beaches and awesome mountains all within a couple hours drive..and perfect weather. Texas is too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.

Last edited by C300Kid; 06-26-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:18 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
Originally Posted by C300Kid
Texas has mountains and oceans but they're not worth going to. Who's gonna drive from Dallas to west Texas for mediocre mountains in the desert or the Gulf Coast for crappy beaches? Lol

Don't get me wrong I like it here..the mountains and beaches and beautiful scenery aren't why though.

Southern Califonia has real beaches and awesome mountains all within a couple hours drive..and perfect weather. Texas is too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.
Dont you dare compare California to Texas. All the worst politicans and fake people come from that state. I prefer my home state to have a real economy, not an economy based on show business.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There's a ton of fake people in the upscale portions of Dallas too, trust me..most of them being California transplants.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Dont you dare compare California to Texas. All the worst politicans and fake people come from that state. I prefer my home state to have a real economy, not an economy based on show business.
This conversation has been beaten to death. Once you've lived in both places, there's really no comparison. Personally, I'm happy when I hear others believe that So Cal isn't worth it...there's more room for the rest of us.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
I would have to give that crown to Chicago....
Old 06-26-2010, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
As usual most people are clueless and watch too much TV to get their "learnin' from" (as they say in Texas )

CA has the eighth largest economy in the world. It's leading industry is computers and electronics (hmmm, ever heard of Silicon Valley?) Second is transportation (yep, as in automotive parts.) Then comes agriculture (you know, where your food comes from; California is the world's fifth largest supplier of food and agricultural products.)

California is the number one dairy state in the USA. Milk is California's biggest farm commodity (and you thought citrus; another media myth.) Forget Wisconsin, that's just a marketing ploy.

The film and television industry is way down the list, and concentrated in Los Angeles. It only gets attention because people watch too much TV, movies, and media crap (the industry promotes itself via its own film and media outlets.) As a matter of fact, the Texas film industry is third largest (next to CA and NY.)

And as already pointed out, Illinois (and Florida and New York) hold the record for corrupt politics. Although Texas is notorious nationwide for its local redistricting to keep good old boy politicians in power. Oh, and then there was that drunken sailor named Bush, whose family escaped New England to cash in on sucking up the oil and not having to pay taxes anymore.

The Texas population boom is based on low taxes and undervalued real estate. Its major funding comes from taxpayer subsidized defense contracts and energy development.
Texas was the home of Enron.

Urban myths are fun, but simply myths.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agree with a lot of what you said but there's a lot more here than oil and defense. There's more fortune 500 companies headquartered here than anywhere else in the country. Plus Texas has a very stable economy which attracts people. California is a complete mess..economically. You can't really argue that. Also, US agriculture (California based as you said) is completely corrupt.

If we're looking at the economy, Texas is far better. That being said, I'm still moving to California.

Last edited by C300Kid; 06-26-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by 220S
As usual most people are clueless and watch too much TV to get their "learnin' from" (as they say in Texas )

CA has the eighth largest economy in the world. It's leading industry is computers and electronics (hmmm, ever heard of Silicon Valley?) Second is transportation (yep, as in automotive parts.) Then comes agriculture (you know, where your food comes from; California is the world's fifth largest supplier of food and agricultural products.)

California is the number one dairy state in the USA. Milk is California's biggest farm commodity (and you thought citrus; another media myth.) Forget Wisconsin, that's just a marketing ploy.

The film and television industry is way down the list, and concentrated in Los Angeles. It only gets attention because people watch too much TV, movies, and media crap (the industry promotes itself via its own film and media outlets.) As a matter of fact, the Texas film industry is third largest (next to CA and NY.)

And as already pointed out, Illinois (and Florida and New York) hold the record for corrupt politics. Although Texas is notorious nationwide for its local redistricting to keep good old boy politicians in power. Oh, and then there was that drunken sailor named Bush, whose family escaped New England to cash in on sucking up the oil and not having to pay taxes anymore.

The Texas population boom is based on low taxes and undervalued real estate. Its major funding comes from taxpayer subsidized defense contracts and energy development.
Texas was the home of Enron.

Urban myths are fun, but simply myths.

As far as contribution to State GSP it has been diificult to quantify "the film business". The estimates of revenue to the State of California resulting from film production ranges from #1 to #18 depending on who quantifies it.

#1 in Los Angeles was Aerospace, then Film, now neither seems to be mentioned. In high times California has been in the top 6 economies, now its likely nearing 10th. Unemployment 12.5 and likely much higher than that . Much of that is due to California under the Governator going from 90% of all filming to 55%...

Do not forget ****, lol

Last edited by juicee63; 06-26-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by C300Kid
I agree with a lot of what you said but there's a lot more here than oil and defense. There's more fortune 500 companies headquartered here than anywhere else in the country. Plus Texas has a very stable economy which attracts people. California is a complete mess..economically. You can't really argue that. Also, US agriculture (California based as you said) is completely corrupt.

If we're looking at the economy, Texas is far better. That being said, I'm still moving to California.

AMG #1 worldwide market is ?

LOL
SO CAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just trying to bring the thread back on point.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by juicee63
AMG #1 worldwide market is ?

LOL
SO CAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just trying to bring the thread back on point.
What was this thread even about..?? I will say this in Texas' defense, which I don't do often, there is an amazingly dense cluster of Fortune 500 HQ's in DFW and Austin like C300 said, I guess Houston too. That and the recession here was felt much much less than the rest of the country. Texas has the #2 GDP in the states. All that said I could care less about GDP, Politics, Taxes, and subsidizing. As long as my job pays what I need it to, OC is the place for me. I love the weather and scenery and outdoor activities..."Ya'll" can keep Texas...
Old 06-26-2010, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by citylightva
What was this thread even about..?? I will say this in Texas' defense, which I don't do often, there is an amazingly dense cluster of Fortune 500 HQ's in DFW and Austin like C300 said, I guess Houston too. That and the recession here was felt much much less than the rest of the country. Texas has the #2 GDP in the states. All that said I could care less about GDP, Politics, Taxes, and subsidizing. As long as my job pays what I need it to, OC is the place for me. I love the weather and scenery and outdoor activities..."Ya'll" can keep Texas...
Yeah, lots of HQs because of the tax incentives. And you can draw high paid management staff because of no income tax, too.

It's why tiny Delaware is the #1 place in the US for corporations. Something like 65% are incorporated in Delaware since it has the most lax corporation laws in the country. It's actually considered an international tax haven.

States have been fighting each other forever by offering incentives, subsidies, etc.. As Juicee knows, LA has been offering incentives to keep the "industry" filming locally. And yeah, Chatsworth is doing just fine as long as **** stays popular.

I worked on a historical photo project with the city on the history of LA industries. Some of the old pics are amazing, lots of industries here at one time. Steel was a major one, and even silk production in Chinatown (from silkworms!)
Old 06-26-2010, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
I love the fact that we mutated the thread.

It is all over the place
Old 06-26-2010, 10:35 PM

2002 CLK55 AMG Cabrio 2007 E63 AMG
California is a beautiful state, one of the reason's so many people still live there, but the states government, and economy, is in the toilet. Despite a huge tax base, it has been run into the ground by the most "progressive" government in the country.

Last edited by vegas55amg; 06-27-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
This thread is hilarious.

So Cal FTW
Old 06-27-2010, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vegas55amg
California is a beautiful state, one of the reason's so many people still live there, but the states government, and economy, is in the toilet. Despite a huge tax base, it has been run into the ground by the most "progressive" government in the country.
Without a doubt...It's ridiculous, but I guess there's a trade off no matter where you live...
Old 06-27-2010, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by juicee63
I love the fact that we mutated the thread.

It is all over the place
From GM to Toyota to Infiniti to TX to Cali and apparently on to politics FTW.!
Old 06-28-2010, 07:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
But which state has the better looking women?
Old 06-28-2010, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 930chas
Oooo that could get argued...I'd have to say Cali, even though here in DFW there is no shortage of model caliber women...Let's make the thread a poll now...
Old 07-06-2010, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
more views on the QX56

https://mbworld.org/forums/4148276-post26.html

btw....The new one looks like a nicer interior, new frame too

-Rob
Old 07-06-2010, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haha, way to bring it back..! On the Infiniti note, has anyone noticed the new Cayenne is starting to take the FX shape..??
Old 07-07-2010, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by 930chas
Having lived in both states, it's no comparison even though there are some stunners in Texas, there aren't as many...

"I Wish They All Could Be CALIFORNIA Girls..." -Beach Boys

"California Girls" -Katy Perry

And a billion others...

Umm, there are some country songs about Texas women...
Old 07-07-2010, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haha, way to bring it back..! On the Infiniti note, has anyone noticed the new Cayenne is starting to take the FX shape..??
Yeah totally...looks too bug-like to me but at least it sounds like P finally opened up the interior as the last one drove well but was literally a waste of space...
Old 07-07-2010, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mugatu22
Having lived in both states, it's no comparison even though there are some stunners in Texas, there aren't as many...

"I Wish They All Could Be CALIFORNIA Girls..." -Beach Boys

"California Girls" -Katy Perry

And a billion others...

Umm, there are some country songs about Texas women...
Are we talking about the whole states..? Or just DFW vs. SoCal..? There's some backwater sh*t in Texas, but then again the Valley is white trash heaven too...SoCal will always have the most hot women because everyone is so active there

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: CTS-V