W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CTS-V

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Originally Posted by citylightva
Are we talking about the whole states..? Or just DFW vs. SoCal..? There's some backwater sh*t in Texas, but then again the Valley is white trash heaven too...SoCal will always have the most hot women because everyone is so active there
I like how this thread went from how crappy the newnCTS-V is to where the hot beaches live...
Old 04-18-2011, 01:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL65
Anyone know the URL for the best and biggest CTS-V forum?
Old 04-18-2011, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by FLSL55
Anyone know the URL for the best and biggest CTS-V forum?

Here you go:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...es-forum-2009/

Tom
Old 04-19-2011, 06:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL65
Thanks TMC. I saw that form but I was thinking there might be a bigger one...

Sad
Old 04-19-2011, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
Having lived in both states, it's no comparison even though there are some stunners in Texas, there aren't as many...

"I Wish They All Could Be CALIFORNIA Girls..." -Beach Boys

"California Girls" -Katy Perry

And a billion others...

Umm, there are some country songs about Texas women...
"Please no more California songs" - Local H
Old 04-19-2011, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55 AMG
Here are some E63's for good prices: http://www.carmax.com/enus/search-re...epage:homepage

Good luck!

Alex
Old 04-19-2011, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTS-V
Originally Posted by FLSL55
Thanks TMC. I saw that form but I was thinking there might be a bigger one...

Sad
It's pretty active and the biggest one out there for the Cadillacs as far as I know.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Love the Texas people, hate the weather. 70 percent humidity is 35 percent humidity's prison *****. Love that Cali weather!!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
cts-v

well I am glad it wasn't just me.

So my lease on my 08 E63 was up and was looking for something similar in power and doors. Couldn't find anything I liked at the time. The w212 E63 just didn't do it for me and I knew the new v8TT was coming out.

So I picked up a 2011 Cts-V sedan. I think the car looks great, great power and handles pretty well. It handle much better than my w211 E63. I have about 1500 miles and the car is really broken in yet

I knew it was a American Car and maybe I just expected too much coming from a E63.

I have too the same issues that everybody is complaining about.

My ultra view sunroof creaks like crazy.
Wheel clicking noise- Not sure how this is even happening ( maybe when I get my new wheels the noise will stop
panels creak
plastic interior scratches with you running your finger on it
Cheap, cheap GM paint. The clear coat scratches so easily. It feels like I have to polish it everytime I wash it
Bluetooth drops all the time
No rainsensors in the car

There are many issues with the car and I am a little worried to see whats going to happen when i actual put some miles on the car.

On the flip side the car is a blast to drive. It is so much faster than my e63 and handles 100% times better also.

Lets face it, the car is 30K cheaper than my E63 and my payment is 400 bucks less also. For the money for a new car I don't think there is anything really comparable. Thought about a c63, and M3 but both cars around where I live are driven by young teenagers with too much money from their parents.

I am going to see what happens in the next couple of months. This being my first American car I probably won't ever go back.

I am going to tune the crap out of the V and have some funny and give it back when I am done.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by drop997stop
well I am glad it wasn't just me.

So my lease on my 08 E63 was up and was looking for something similar in power and doors. Couldn't find anything I liked at the time. The w212 E63 just didn't do it for me and I knew the new v8TT was coming out.

So I picked up a 2011 Cts-V sedan. I think the car looks great, great power and handles pretty well. It handle much better than my w211 E63. I have about 1500 miles and the car is really broken in yet

I knew it was a American Car and maybe I just expected too much coming from a E63.

I have too the same issues that everybody is complaining about.

My ultra view sunroof creaks like crazy.
Wheel clicking noise- Not sure how this is even happening ( maybe when I get my new wheels the noise will stop
panels creak
plastic interior scratches with you running your finger on it
Cheap, cheap GM paint. The clear coat scratches so easily. It feels like I have to polish it everytime I wash it
Bluetooth drops all the time
No rainsensors in the car

There are many issues with the car and I am a little worried to see whats going to happen when i actual put some miles on the car.

On the flip side the car is a blast to drive. It is so much faster than my e63 and handles 100% times better also.

Lets face it, the car is 30K cheaper than my E63 and my payment is 400 bucks less also. For the money for a new car I don't think there is anything really comparable. Thought about a c63, and M3 but both cars around where I live are driven by young teenagers with too much money from their parents.

I am going to see what happens in the next couple of months. This being my first American car I probably won't ever go back.

I am going to tune the crap out of the V and have some funny and give it back when I am done.
I love the CTS-V for the performance, and I probably could live with the glitches. Owning a C32 and E55 is probably the worst duo one can ask for. Luckily my Toyota LC makes up for the heads aches.

But I rather have a F10 550 4.4TT w M package and chip the N63 engine or even 535 M Package and chip the N55 and call it a day.

I'm waiting for the darn W212 E550 to get the 4.6TT but I probably will wait for a pre-owned one.

So.. I'll keep waiting and passing up on great cars like C63, CTS-V, W211 E63, Jaguar XFR, and even S4 3L supercharged.

Its Turbos or nothing...
Old 04-20-2011, 11:12 AM

Slow
I guess I need to find a big ol piece of wood and knock on it........I've had my car since Jan and not one of the issues that everyone talks about???? Maybe I got a good one off the assembly line.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:33 PM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by 220S
As usual most people are clueless and watch too much TV to get their "learnin' from" (as they say in Texas )

CA has the eighth largest economy in the world. It's leading industry is computers and electronics (hmmm, ever heard of Silicon Valley?) Second is transportation (yep, as in automotive parts.) Then comes agriculture (you know, where your food comes from; California is the world's fifth largest supplier of food and agricultural products.)

California is the number one dairy state in the USA. Milk is California's biggest farm commodity (and you thought citrus; another media myth.) Forget Wisconsin, that's just a marketing ploy.

The film and television industry is way down the list, and concentrated in Los Angeles. It only gets attention because people watch too much TV, movies, and media crap (the industry promotes itself via its own film and media outlets.) As a matter of fact, the Texas film industry is third largest (next to CA and NY.)

And as already pointed out, Illinois (and Florida and New York) hold the record for corrupt politics. Although Texas is notorious nationwide for its local redistricting to keep good old boy politicians in power. Oh, and then there was that drunken sailor named Bush, whose family escaped New England to cash in on sucking up the oil and not having to pay taxes anymore.

The Texas population boom is based on low taxes and undervalued real estate. Its major funding comes from taxpayer subsidized defense contracts and energy development.
Texas was the home of Enron.

Urban myths are fun, but simply myths.
Oh yeah, and please don't forget CA is BROKE! BANKRUPT!

TX is not.

Liberal politicians will do that to you everytime...raise those taxes! More of the producers and succesful people will keep moving out.