W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 shot at on freeway (I5, Stockton, Norcal)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by 06E55
I am not even going to comment about your arrogance of your post. My point was that people in vehicles kill far more people than people with a CCW permit ever will! And besides, it isn't the people with a CCW permit that you have to worry about. It's all the young wannabe gangsters and other criminals that are carrying weapons ILLEGALLY that you have to worry about! I would guess that over 99% of the people with a CCW permit would pass these criterons anyway.
But you did, LOL.

Anyway what we have here is a failure to communicate. And I've heard this flawed analogy so many times my head spins. More people are killed falling down the stairs, too. So what? What do people driving recklessly and killing millions of innocents in their cars have to do with me wanting to be certain only rational people carry around guns? What did my statement have to do with criminals carrying guns? We all know they're out there. Of course I worry about them, too.

Look, don't worry, nobody's going to take your gun away. Relax. I just want to be certain that you're not somebody who's already on edge and carrying a gun at the same time. Go back and look at your early posts, you were yelling about shooting anybody who comes near you and screaming profanities. Why add you to the mix of wacko criminals already illegally carrying guns. I just don't want people with mental problems or drinking problems packing guns, too. Guns don't kill people, people do. Right?

And so, we shall let it pass with that.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
Originally Posted by 220S
But you did, LOL.

Anyway what we have here is a failure to communicate. And I've heard this flawed analogy so many times my head spins. More people are killed falling down the stairs, too. So what? What do people driving recklessly and killing millions of innocents in their cars have to do with me wanting to be certain only rational people carry around guns? What did my statement have to do with criminals carrying guns? We all know they're out there. Of course I worry about them, too.

Look, don't worry, nobody's going to take your gun away. Relax. I just want to be certain that you're not somebody who's already on edge and carrying a gun at the same time. Go back and look at your early posts, you were yelling about shooting anybody who comes near you and screaming profanities. Why add you to the mix of wacko criminals already illegally carrying guns. I just don't want people with mental problems or drinking problems packing guns, too. Guns don't kill people, people do. Right?

And so, we shall let it pass with that.
Actually, I didn't. Otherwise I would have commented on your arrogance about a "lazy rebuttal" as well as my comprehension. Any "failure to communicate" is yours. Maybe I need to step down my communication to a 5th grade level since I have heard that is the average comprehension level for a US citizen (and is what most newspapers are written at)...

I understand what you are stating about wanting to ensure that the people licensed to carry weapons are "sane" and aren't going to shoot people at random; however, you are missing my point that there are more people that are killed on a daily basis from MVAs and criminals with guns that don't have CCW permits than from law-abiding citizens that do have CCW permits. You state that you only want rational people carrying guns around. The fact is, most people with CCW permits are rational people. It's the ones that carry guns around illegally that we need to worry about! I woud bet that if you get the facts about the people behind shootings such as Colombine, Virginia Tech, etc. that NONE of these people had CCW permits, yet they killed many people. Had a person with a CCW permit been near the vicinity, I am willing to bet (as another member has stated) that these people would have killed far less people!

I NEVER once said I wanted to shoot anyone who came near me shooting profanities! I stated I drew my weapon on a person with road rage that for no appearant reason cut me off during bumper-to-bumper traffic, got out of his vehicle (which happened to be a H1), and ran over to my vehicle, and punched through my window. Now, I can defend myself in multiple ways; however, as soon as I drew my weapon, the other person immediately backed down. If I didn't have my weapon, I am sure a physical altercation would have ensued.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Originally Posted by acb
Or perhaps if firearms were not so accessable to every jilted kid with a grudge against society the problem wouldnt exist in the first place. Kinda works with the rest of the democratic world..

**apply e-burn cream**

Mate, it just happened in the UK, less than a month ago....
Not many firearms there, yet some cab driver managed to get a hold of one....

The only (brief) point I'm trying to make is that it CAN and WILL happen anywhere. Sure there may be less instances in countries that don't allow firearms as easily. But by the same token, when one of these people go on a rampage, it will likely be longer with more bloodshed - because no one was around to stop it !!

Truly don't want to argue about this, because I certainly see your side of argument as quite rational as well.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:45 AM
acb

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 e55 amg
Originally Posted by jpohl402
Mate, it just happened in the UK, less than a month ago....
Not many firearms there, yet some cab driver managed to get a hold of one....

The only (brief) point I'm trying to make is that it CAN and WILL happen anywhere. Sure there may be less instances in countries that don't allow firearms as easily. But by the same token, when one of these people go on a rampage, it will likely be longer with more bloodshed - because no one was around to stop it !!

Truly don't want to argue about this, because I certainly see your side of argument as quite rational as well.
Likewise I’m not seeking to argue about this and agree with the sentiment. I do note however that the firearms possessed by the Cab driver to kill all those people were legally owned and registered, as were Martin Bryant's (Australia's Port Arthur Massacre in 1996), although those guns would now be illegal. And I’m not sure I buy the argument that being able to carry around a concealable firearm may somehow be beneficial to stop mass shootings - can you give an example in America where this has happened? It seems like a circular argument to me.

From an Australian perspective factually speaking, in the 18 years prior to the Port Arthur Massacre in 1996 (during which 35 people were killed), there had been 13 mass shootings. Since the significant legislative amendments came in (as a result of the 96 massacre) outlawing automatic and semi automatic weapons (which were used during the shootings - again legally owned and registered at the time), there have been zero. Suicides by shooting have also dropped from 22% to 7%.

Wouldn’t Americans be happier living in a society where there was similar legislation if it had a similar impact on reducing mass shootings? Or is gun ownership one of those things which is considered such a God given 2nd amendment right that it overrides considerations of cause and effect? I dunno. In any event this is a car forum so that's the last I'll say about that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Maybe I need to step down my communication to a 5th grade level since I have heard that is the average comprehension level for a US citizen (and is what most newspapers are written at)...

That's cute. Of course you have no clue as to my education nor my citizenship. You may have the skill to shoot me at 8 meters but in respect to critical thinking and intellect that's one area you absolutely have no chance. Trust me.

Anyway, it's time to end this banter. It's not a level playing field and not fair to you. Game's over.

Cheers.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
This is exactly why I keep a Glock 22 and extra magazines (loaded and chambered) in my vehicles at all times! If you aim a gun in my direction, you better kill me or I guarantee I will put your *** down!

It's pretty sad though that this crap happens!
I'm guessing that either you're joking or you're a midget w/a crazy Napolean complex...a ".22"?? LMAO....oh wait, nm...you're from NC. That explains it..
Old 07-14-2010, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
Originally Posted by itsmeek
I'm guessing that either you're joking or you're a midget w/a crazy Napolean complex...a ".22"?? LMAO....oh wait, nm...you're from NC. That explains it..
Freaking A, another one that doesn't know what the hell a Glock 22 is.

And for the record, Glock does NOT make a 22 caliber weapon. Model numbers of Glocks have NOTHING to do with the caliber of ammunition they are chambered for!

Last edited by 06E55; 07-14-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slow
I dont understand why people cant research before they post. Go to the Glock website and do research before you talk S*** about the type of handgun the guy carries. I carry a S&W 1911 every where I go, concealed carry is the way I protect my family, myself and my property. I keep the Glock 32 next to the bed (just incase a G32 fires 357Sig round).
Old 07-14-2010, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by acb
And I’m not sure I buy the argument that being able to carry around a concealable firearm may somehow be beneficial to stop mass shootings - can you give an example in America where this has happened? It seems like a circular argument to me.
The Denver (?) mall shooting in 07 (iirc) by a Bosnian immigrant...

Yeah, the .22cal attacks are , I don't think 06E55 has a reading problem but others sure do...

-Rob
Old 07-14-2010, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gonzales25
I dont understand why people cant research before they post. Go to the Glock website and do research before you talk S*** about the type of handgun the guy carries. I carry a S&W 1911 every where I go, concealed carry is the way I protect my family, myself and my property. I keep the Glock 32 next to the bed (just incase a G32 fires 357Sig round).
Old 07-14-2010, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by transferred

Yeah, the .22cal attacks are , I don't think 06E55 has a reading problem but others sure do...

-Rob
Thanks for having my back on this!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:10 PM
acb

2005 e55 amg

-Rob
If you are referring to the Trolley Square shooting in Utah Feb 12 2007, conducted by Sulejmen Talovic - a Bosnian Immigrant, he was shot dead by a police officer not a heroic civilian who came to save the day with his concealable. The other point of note is that he acquiried the shotgun from a gun dealer not out of the back of some van in the alley.

Edit

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/792...-daughter-self

I bet her daughter didnt see that one coming

Last edited by acb; 07-14-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Originally Posted by acb
Likewise I’m not seeking to argue about this and agree with the sentiment. I do note however that the firearms possessed by the Cab driver to kill all those people were legally owned and registered, as were Martin Bryant's (Australia's Port Arthur Massacre in 1996), although those guns would now be illegal. And I’m not sure I buy the argument that being able to carry around a concealable firearm may somehow be beneficial to stop mass shootings - can you give an example in America where this has happened? It seems like a circular argument to me.

From an Australian perspective factually speaking, in the 18 years prior to the Port Arthur Massacre in 1996 (during which 35 people were killed), there had been 13 mass shootings. Since the significant legislative amendments came in (as a result of the 96 massacre) outlawing automatic and semi automatic weapons (which were used during the shootings - again legally owned and registered at the time), there have been zero. Suicides by shooting have also dropped from 22% to 7%.

Wouldn’t Americans be happier living in a society where there was similar legislation if it had a similar impact on reducing mass shootings? Or is gun ownership one of those things which is considered such a God given 2nd amendment right that it overrides considerations of cause and effect? I dunno. In any event this is a car forum so that's the last I'll say about that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Very good points mate, most of which I did not know... (like legally owned guns by that cab driver)
It's certainly good that suicides by gun dropped in AU. And I do 100% agree about cause and effect in every circumstance of life.

To be honest, I don't really think much about changing the rules formed by each country, as I don't have the power to do so - I just abide by them. I grew up in America around firearms, so they seem "normal" to me I suppose. However AU's leaders have decided against them - I would never deem that to be a "bad" decision or even say that I disagree with it - I typically then revert to my rationale of Constitutional second amendment rights, stating I have the right to possess/carry weapons - and go on about my life.

I suppose that is about the extent of my thought process on the subject (simply because everyone is entitled to an opinion and I am far too busy to look into it further.) The examples I pointed out are merely tidbits of news media that I recall. While I will certainly voice the fact that I carry, I would never force my views on the rest of the world or try to convince others to agree with me. ACB, it certainly seems like you have done a fair amount of research on the subject and I can see your opinion is based on fact and logic.

As stated above, I don't want to argue about this over a car board (which we are not doing) - but I have absolutely no problem discussing the topic....
Old 07-15-2010, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by acb
If you are referring to the Trolley Square shooting in Utah Feb 12 2007, conducted by Sulejmen Talovic - a Bosnian Immigrant, he was shot dead by a police officer not a heroic civilian who came to save the day with his concealable. The other point of note is that he acquiried the shotgun from a gun dealer not out of the back of some van in the alley.

Edit

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/792...-daughter-self

I bet her daughter didnt see that one coming
the power of google to the rescue the cop was off duty, comparable to a carrying civvy...
Old 07-15-2010, 05:49 PM
acb

2005 e55 amg
the power of google to the rescue the cop was off duty, comparable to a carrying civvy...
As a matter of fact I recalled the shooting as I wrote a thesis during my law degree about firearm laws both here and abroad. Having been a Public Prosecutor, Barrister, and now running my own criminal law firm for the best part of the last 15 years, it is a topic which holds my interest.

The irony in your point about drawing a parallel between an off duty copper and a civilian carrying a concealable is palpable, so well done in making yourself look stupid.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the cop was off duty, comparable to a carrying civvy...
Well, at least that was an admirable attempt at using some kind of skill in logic and reason. Keep practicing, you may get there eventually.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
who the hell pulls over after being shot at?