Sponsored by:

EC has new injectors - thoughts???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
What is the general thought on the 6 port SLR injectors?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by AgSilver
What is the general thought on the 6 port SLR injectors?
One word... expensive. When I had them flow tested (since I couldn't find any published numbers and Bosch wouldn't tell me anything) they flowed ~516cc at 3bar
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I knew static was not good but was not 100% sure of what was going on. Here is the definition for some that were curious.

If an injector stays on all the time, it is said to be static (wide open, or 100% duty cycle). Injectors should not go static in a running engine. If an injector is static in a running engine (open 100% of the time), that injector is no longer able to control fuel delivery. This could be an indication that the injector is too small for the needs of the engine. Injector duty cycle should usually not exceed 80% in a running engine at any time.

Great thread by the way and great job EC for offering us these!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:52 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
The super Reds idle fine, plug and play but run rich out of the box..They ahve to be tuned! .. They are rated at 550CC at 43.5 PSI.. That is about 52 lbs or 30% larger than our stockers.. Most of us have also increased power by 30% plus.. My calculated duty cycle is 70% and that leaves me a little room to grow on..

Most of us do not see 80 PSI above 5K.. We see 65 PSI, so you can calcualte from there.. These injectors are 660@ 60 psi.. I have about 2K on mine already..Quick easy install and nice to feel real safe!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-08-2010, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
One word... expensive. When I had them flow tested (since I couldn't find any published numbers and Bosch wouldn't tell me anything) they flowed ~516cc at 3bar
The 6 port design intrigues me. Typically, a wider and more diffused spray pattern, without spraying against the manifold walls, provides better fuel atomization and a better flame propagation. I suspect the 6 port does just that. I'm in Germany until January and my friend owns a MB dealership (They just love to play with the 55). I can get the SLR injectors at cost by the afternoon if I order them before 10AM (although cost here could be substantially more than in the states).

One note - - - the SLR's have 2 pressure regulators located on the rail. I suspect this is to maintain absolute equal pressure on both banks and provide a dampening effect. Do you have any thoughts on this?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
The 6 port design intrigues me. Typically, a wider and more diffused spray pattern, without spraying against the manifold walls, provides better fuel atomization and a better flame propagation. I suspect the 6 port does just that. I'm in Germany until January and my friend owns a MB dealership (They just love to play with the 55). I can get the SLR injectors at cost by the afternoon if I order them before 10AM (although cost here could be substantially more than in the states).

One note - - - the SLR's have 2 pressure regulators located on the rail. I suspect this is to maintain absolute equal pressure on both banks and provide a dampening effect. Do you have any thoughts on this?
Agreed on the SLR injectors. Plus they are a purty light blue color and you can say you have SLR injectors

That is interesting. Are you trying to replicate a SLR fueling setup? I don't think it is necessary
Old 09-08-2010, 09:37 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55

I think you may want to look at the spray angle of the injector in the hole.. It is a direct shot to the valve. Wider pattern would just disperse fuel more in and around the valve on our 55 engine.. I like the larger , RED , cone direction cup of my new injectors! At 65-80 psi, the shoot right in the hole and hit two hot spark plugs to vaporize every molecule..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-08-2010, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 & CL CK60
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Thanks Jerry. I notice the stock one has a boss on the left hand side and the aftermarket one doesn't. Not knowing much about injectors what is that used for, clips? If this is the case what did you guys do to remedy this?

Can this same manufacturer work with you on possibly finding a 550cc injector? I don't plan on modding anymore and something more in that line would be great.

BTW....I sent you an email .
i too am curious about the clip situation. perhaps its overkill but you never can be too safe or secure when it comes to a fuel rail and an expensive engine pumping a lot of gas...
Old 09-09-2010, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Agreed on the SLR injectors. Plus they are a purty light blue color and you can say you have SLR injectors

That is interesting. Are you trying to replicate a SLR fueling setup? I don't think it is necessary
You are probably right. I suspect the SLR rail setup was done because it was easier. It would seem to me that as long as the filters are clean, the dual pump configuration in the 55's is adequate. I think I'll give them a try next week. If there is no improvement, my friend said he will take them back.

I'm going to start a new thread re a possible improvement to lower IAT.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:40 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo

As far as the clips are concerned, the new injectors are plug and play. They connect the same way that the stock ones do.

Also another thing to mention:

All injectors are flow tested before shipment

There will be 1 injector that will be slightly higher then the others (indicated with purchase). This is intentional, and is to be placed on cylinder #8!

Old 09-09-2010, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by loungn14

As far as the clips are concerned, the new injectors are plug and play. They connect the same way that the stock ones do.

Also another thing to mention:

All injectors are flow tested before shipment

There will be 1 injector that will be slightly higher then the others (indicated with purchase). This is intentional, and is to be placed on cylinder #8!

I wish someone would have told me about Ford's #4 10 years ago. As this was the leaner for 5.0's.

Nice touch Jake