W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

How many E55 wagons in 2005 and 2006?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
How many E55 wagons in 2005 and 2006?

I know there aren't many...100? 200 cars?

I'd sure like to find one....its either another wagon like an E55 or a G-wagen when the allroad is done (its got 165K on it)

Any owners care to chime in on ownership of one of the beasts?

The one on Autotrader is nice and the right colors but too much $$ and too little miles for me...looking to get one with 60-75K on it and like in the low to mid-30s.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Jim's500E

I'd sure like to find one....its either another wagon like an E55 or a G-wagen when the allroad is done (its got 165K on it)

The one on Autotrader is nice and the right colors but too much $$ and too little miles for me...looking to get one with 60-75K on it and like in the low to mid-30s.
something like 136 for the 2005 and 32 for 2006
Old 09-09-2010, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
2005:

2006:

(sold in the US)
Old 09-09-2010, 08:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
You can never, ever have mine
Old 09-10-2010, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dang..them are some low numbers ! This is going to be a hard car to find.

Got pics tscales? Any problems? other than buying rear tires for it.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550

slightly OT:

Other than durable, how was your allroad? There used to be one where I work, and I always wondered what it was like.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:30 PM

e55 estate
Dang..them are some low numbers ! This is going to be a hard car to find.

Got pics tscales? Any problems? other than buying rear tires for it.
Please politely excluse yourself from the search of one as it's already congested enough as it is in potential buyers.

I had one here relatively local to me(LA to SB) with 65k miles asking $29k. We agreed to a price after I left the car on Saturday. He asked if I could be up there on Tuesday but I couldn't find a ride at the time and had a bit of an issue taking an extra day off work and said I would be up there early Thursday. I sent him a message on Monday night telling him that, I asked him the next day if he got it and he returned my call telling me he had a potential buyer coming up to buy it that day.

It was a really weird scenario though where the guy selling it wasn't the actual owner. It's in a pretty wealthy area of town (montecito) and he tried to convince me that this was actually very normal. It sounded a bit sketchy to me but I was sure everything would even out in the end, unfortunately I never got there.

Last edited by autibahn; 09-10-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by i_am_amused
slightly OT:

Other than durable, how was your allroad? There used to be one where I work, and I always wondered what it was like.
allroad? To be completely honest, this one I have has been great the 6 years I've had it since it had 60K on it, it has the original turbos and clutch... itsa 6-speed with a stage 1 chip (320hp)...the air suspension front bags went at like 130K and the air compressor died twice but both are available cheap(er) aftermarket and easy enough to DIY R&R. I lowered it about 20mms thru the computer which prolly accelerated the air bags demise but so what. Some folks have had bad experiences with them and the timing belt changes every 75K are expensive (2 grand) but its a German car and a damn fine one so again...so what. They wear very well too, not unlike a Benz, this one with miles looks like it still has 60K on it. I heartily recommend them if you need the AWD and wagon...itsa perfect family car, un-stoppable in the winters...

I know the deal on folks wanting to buy E55 wagons, it was like that 10 years ago with folks wanting to buy 500Es...many 'say' they want one. Me? I can actually write a check for the right one now (finally). (recently sold me 2000 Carrera Cabriolet).
Old 09-10-2010, 03:52 PM

e55 estate
allroad? To be completely honest, this one I have has been great the 6 years I've had it since it had 60K on it, it has the original turbos and clutch... itsa 6-speed with a stage 1 chip (320hp)...the air suspension front bags went at like 130K and the air compressor died twice but both are available cheap(er) aftermarket and easy enough to DIY R&R. I lowered it about 20mms thru the computer which prolly accelerated the air bags demise but so what. Some folks have had bad experiences with them and the timing belt changes every 75K are expensive (2 grand) but its a German car and a damn fine one so again...so what. They wear very well too, not unlike a Benz, this one with miles looks like it still has 60K on it. I heartily recommend them if you need the AWD and wagon...itsa perfect family car, un-stoppable in the winters...

I know the deal on folks wanting to buy E55 wagons, it was like that 10 years ago with folks wanting to buy 500Es...many 'say' they want one. Me? I can actually write a check for the right one now (finally). (recently sold me 2000 Carrera Cabriolet).
Just got buy that one in Fredericksburg(sp) then
Old 09-12-2010, 01:41 AM

1965 MB 230SL 2005 MB E55 Wagon 1959 Austin Mini Cooper 2012 Honda Odyssey 2006 Honda Ridgeline
Originally Posted by autibahn
Please politely excluse yourself from the search of one as it's already congested enough as it is in potential buyers.

I had one here relatively local to me(LA to SB) with 65k miles asking $29k. We agreed to a price after I left the car on Saturday. He asked if I could be up there on Tuesday but I couldn't find a ride at the time and had a bit of an issue taking an extra day off work and said I would be up there early Thursday. I sent him a message on Monday night telling him that, I asked him the next day if he got it and he returned my call telling me he had a potential buyer coming up to buy it that day.

It was a really weird scenario though where the guy selling it wasn't the actual owner. It's in a pretty wealthy area of town (montecito) and he tried to convince me that this was actually very normal. It sounded a bit sketchy to me but I was sure everything would even out in the end, unfortunately I never got there.
Well, as it turned out, I was the "potential buyer" on this car. The man brokering the car (Marc) for the cars owner told me initially the car was sold so I told him to put me on the "if the deal falls through" list. Was I ever shocked Monday evening when he calls me to tell me the car had become available. So Tuesday I had my bank cut a cashiers check, hoped a 6am Wednesday Amtrak train from San Diego to Santa Barbara (My son's 11th birthday!) and was signing papers at noon on Wednesday. Turned out everything was completely legitimate and the cars actual owner couldn't have been nicer. Prior to signing papers I contacted the local MBZ dealer and spoke to service manager regarding this particular car and he told me that he not only recommended it's purchase but that he himself had made the cars owner PROMISE to give him first right of refusal on this car. He himself had to pass on the car due to finanacial reasons but said to me "You are a FOOL if you do not buy that particular car." He then went on to say, "This is the finest kept and maintained E55 we service at this dealership and the car has an impeccable service history!" and sure enough, pouring over the cars history, they were, without a doubt, meticulous in it's upkeep. I am grateful I was able to get to this car and feel badly that it happened the way it did, especially to a fellow MBWorld member. I do hope you are able to find one and, from my brief ownership, I can tell you, I am staggared by how much car I just purchased for under $30,000 (INCLUDING tax!) Oh, and when I commented to my son how sorry I was being absent most of his birthday buying a car he responded: "Dad, who cares? This car is so AWESOME!"

Best of luck in your search...

(Sorry for crappy cell pic... only pic I took of car so far in all the chaotic race to get it.)
Old 09-12-2010, 07:46 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
That's exactly why I'll never sell mine. I absolutely love it and it isn't worth so much that it is compelling to sell.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:06 AM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
That car is gorgeous and you got a GREAT deal.

You can see the smile on your face as you were typing.

Enjoy it!

And yup- that is why I will never sell mine either. It does so many things well and makes you smile every time you drive it.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:34 AM

e55 estate
Originally Posted by DuckNcover
Well, as it turned out, I was the "potential buyer" on this car. The man brokering the car (Marc) for the cars owner told me initially the car was sold so I told him to put me on the "if the deal falls through" list. Was I ever shocked Monday evening when he calls me to tell me the car had become available. So Tuesday I had my bank cut a cashiers check, hoped a 6am Wednesday Amtrak train from San Diego to Santa Barbara (My son's 11th birthday!) and was signing papers at noon on Wednesday. Turned out everything was completely legitimate and the cars actual owner couldn't have been nicer. Prior to signing papers I contacted the local MBZ dealer and spoke to service manager regarding this particular car and he told me that he not only recommended it's purchase but that he himself had made the cars owner PROMISE to give him first right of refusal on this car. He himself had to pass on the car due to finanacial reasons but said to me "You are a FOOL if you do not buy that particular car." He then went on to say, "This is the finest kept and maintained E55 we service at this dealership and the car has an impeccable service history!" and sure enough, pouring over the cars history, they were, without a doubt, meticulous in it's upkeep. I am grateful I was able to get to this car and feel badly that it happened the way it did, especially to a fellow MBWorld member. I do hope you are able to find one and, from my brief ownership, I can tell you, I am staggared by how much car I just purchased for under $30,000 (INCLUDING tax!) Oh, and when I commented to my son how sorry I was being absent most of his birthday buying a car he responded: "Dad, who cares? This car is so AWESOME!"

Best of luck in your search...

[IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e153/abikepeddler/CIMG4082.jpg[/IMG

(Sorry for crappy cell pic... only pic I took of car so far in all the chaotic race to get it.)
wow, i didn't think the pain could get any worse. i seriously feel like i'm going to die right now. what a ****ing joke.

enjoy though.

Last edited by autibahn; 09-13-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55t, 07 R63, 04 Mini R53 (SOLD):01 s4 avant st3, 06 q7
I try to sell once.... But I withdraw that idea with in 12 hours, and delete my classify... Just can not let it go...

ENJOY it.... MOD it..... It's my keeper..
Old 09-13-2010, 11:44 AM

1965 MB 230SL 2005 MB E55 Wagon 1959 Austin Mini Cooper 2012 Honda Odyssey 2006 Honda Ridgeline
wow, i didn't think the pain could get any worse. i seriously feel like i'm going to die right now. what a ****ing joke.

enjoy though.
Well, hopefully you are [more] upset with the sellers broker then you are with me as I just was following his inquiry if I was interested in the car. And I had to seriously put my *** in gear to even get to it before other hungry parties. I had missed out 3 prior times on E55 wagons over the past year and each time I thought I was going to be sick. But I remembered that old adage: "There is a reason for everything" and just figured if it was meant to be, it would happen. So even though this car found a owner, there will be another, with less miles, for less money in an even better color. You'll see. And if it's any cosolation, my car has a bad 5th gear, the A/C doesn't work and there is a weird clunking sound coming from the engine. (Nah, just kidding. The car is perfect. Just trying to make you feel better.)

I do wish you best of luck in your hunt however. Habitually, I am still purusing the E55 wagon ads and if I find one, I'll shoot you a heads-up. In relation to this threads topic, I know there are 2 registered in SB, 3 in San Diego (not incl mine) and probably 4 or 5 in Los Angeles county. That is about 8% of the total 05' production and they DO come up for sale from time to time so you'll get yours.

Regards,

Eric
Del Mar, CA
www.TradeUpBike.com
Old 09-13-2010, 11:58 AM

e55 estate
Well, hopefully you are [more] upset with the sellers broker then you are with me as I just was following his inquiry if I was interested in the car. And I had to seriously put my *** in gear to even get to it before other hungry parties. I had missed out 3 prior times on E55 wagons over the past year and each time I thought I was going to be sick. But I remembered that old adage: "There is a reason for everything" and just figured if it was meant to be, it would happen. So even though this car found a owner, there will be another, with less miles, for less money in an even better color. You'll see. And if it's any cosolation, my car has a bad 5th gear, the A/C doesn't work and there is a weird clunking sound coming from the engine. (Nah, just kidding. The car is perfect. Just trying to make you feel better.)

I do wish you best of luck in your hunt however. Habitually, I am still purusing the E55 wagon ads and if I find one, I'll shoot you a heads-up. In relation to this threads topic, I know there are 2 registered in SB, 3 in San Diego (not incl mine) and probably 4 or 5 in Los Angeles county. That is about 8% of the total 05' production and they DO come up for sale from time to time so you'll get yours.

Regards,

Eric
Del Mar, CA
www.TradeUpBike.com
Thanks Eric, indeed the anger is not directed towards you by any means. If I had the info that you had re: mbz service manager there would have been less hesitation. I just didn't like how Marc was conducting himself and basically told him I'd be up there on Thursday morning. His uncalled for pestering was a bit over the top and off putting, I especially didn't like the fact that he had never told me there was another potential buyer coming up that Wednesday, otherwise I would have done as you did and gotten on the train.

It's still fresh, I'm sure I'll get over it but for now I'll keep hunting. I'm not opposed to one that's not available locally, I'd be more than willing to fly out and get one if the price is right. All things do happen for a reason, any plans to mod or will you be purchasing an extended warranty?

Last edited by autibahn; 09-13-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:32 PM

Thanks Eric, indeed the anger is not directed towards you by any means. If I had the info that you had re: mbz service manager there would have been less hesitation. I just didn't like how Marc was conducting himself and basically told him I'd be up there on Thursday morning. His uncalled for pestering was a bit over the top and off putting, I especially didn't like the fact that he had never told me there was another potential buyer coming up that Wednesday, otherwise I would have done as you did and gotten on the train.

It's still fresh, I'm sure I'll get over it but for now I'll keep hunting. I'm not opposed to one that's not available locally, I'd be more than willing to fly out and get one if the price is right. All things do happen for a reason, any plans to mod or will you be purchasing an extended warranty.

Yea, I agree, Marc was a wEiRd dude. He gave me the creeps as well and I did hesitate when speaking with him as there was a subtle hint of... what's that I smell?... scam? Sniff Sniff. So I do know what you mean and once I met him in person he was a nice enough fellow but he had that whole "East Coast, NY" vibe going on that, let's face it, can be kind of a barrier to those of us that are left coasters. But I asked the right questions, got the info for the service manager when I arrived in SB and made some calls and, believe it or not, bought that car without even test driving it! (In all the excitment I actually FORGOT! Can you imagine?)

As for the cars future, I am still not clear if I can or cannot add a warranty. I read so much conflicting info on these forums and I certainly would want to have the car covered if possible although it will not be a daily driver by any means. I have a 09' Mazdaspeed3 and have a deposit on a 11' Subaru WRX hatch so one of those will end up being my daily transport in the end. Plus, I work from home so the mileage put on my cars is very limited. (Just 18,000 on the Mazda in 2.5 years) Modding or covering the E55 with a warranty while putting only 3-5,000 miles on it may not be a wise decision in the end. I will keep the mileage on the E55 low but steady.

If anyone has any input on the warranty situation with these cars, PM me.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Uber Wagon
That car is gorgeous and you got a GREAT deal.

You can see the smile on your face as you were typing.

Enjoy it!

And yup- that is why I will never sell mine either. It does so many things well and makes you smile every time you drive it.
Yes, the car is stunning and I think I did alright on price as well. Still, it is a depreciating asset and as such I am not focused on it's future resale performance as I seriously think I may own this car longer then any car in my lifetime. Being that these cars are rarer then a Ferrari F40 or even an Enzo in the United States, the exclucivity is just the cherry on top of the thunderous power. I just don't see myself selling it... ever. Plus, the color (Flint Grey Metallic I think it is called) nicely compliments my daily driven Mazdaspeed3.

I'd like to find some wheels for the E55 as well as add a carbon front lip and rear diffuser as the E55 is screaming for it. I wonder, does anyone know if there is a production statistic for how many of each color MB produced of the E55 Wagon?
Old 09-13-2010, 05:57 PM

e55 estate
Yes, the car is stunning and I think I did alright on price as well. Still, it is a depreciating asset and as such I am not focused on it's future resale performance as I seriously think I may own this car longer then any car in my lifetime. Being that these cars are rarer then a Ferrari F40 or even an Enzo in the United States, the exclucivity is just the cherry on top of the thunderous power. I just don't see myself selling it... ever. Plus, the color (Flint Grey Metallic I think it is called) nicely compliments my daily driven Mazdaspeed3.

I'd like to find some wheels for the E55 as well as add a carbon front lip and rear diffuser as the E55 is screaming for it. I wonder, does anyone know if there is a production statistic for how many of each color MB produced of the E55 Wagon?
well, if you ever do find yourself in a bind in the coming months and need to sell it, feel free to contact me.

hopefully if you do end up modding it that you have a little bit different taste in wheels for the e55 than you do for the mazada. but to each his own i suppose.

you should have plenty of fun with the STi as well.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:54 PM

well, if you ever do find yourself in a bind in the coming months and need to sell it, feel free to contact me.

hopefully if you do end up modding it that you have a little bit different taste in wheels for the e55 than you do for the mazada. but to each his own i suppose.

you should have plenty of fun with the STi as well.
LOL. Hating on BBS RSII's? That's a first.

Yea, I'm not a fan of chrome wheels but in this case I couldn't pass them up as the fitament for MS3's is so odd (+52 offsets) that your choices are very limited. Plus, they were the last set in the U.S. and came straight from BBS in Atlanta via a friend of mine that was able to secure their purchase for me. I didn't want any cheap, failure prone Chinesse made wheel especially on a front driver putting out 300hp. I plan on having them powdercoated a color at some point to tone them down because, well, you're right. Shiny.

Doubt I'll mod the E55 just because that was a big attraction to this particular car... it was virgin. It has never been modded and, after meeting the owners, certainly not raced. And just two weeks ago I was out at a shop that is completeing a build of a 59' Mini Cooper for me and they had a
2005 E55 sedan in there all torn apart because the owner did a pully and some ECU mods and blew it up. $15,000 bill... so far.

The current economic environment has been very good to my company so I don't forsee me selling this E55 anytime soon. I know I would post it on the MB forums before I'd offer it up anywhere else. Looking forward to being part of the club and I am hopeful you find the perfect car. Silver was always my preference.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:10 AM

e55 estate
LOL. Hating on BBS RSII's? That's a first.

Yea, I'm not a fan of chrome wheels but in this case I couldn't pass them up as the fitament for MS3's is so odd (+52 offsets) that your choices are very limited. Plus, they were the last set in the U.S. and came straight from BBS in Atlanta via a friend of mine that was able to secure their purchase for me. I didn't want any cheap, failure prone Chinesse made wheel especially on a front driver putting out 300hp. I plan on having them powdercoated a color at some point to tone them down because, well, you're right. Shiny.

Doubt I'll mod the E55 just because that was a big attraction to this particular car... it was virgin. It has never been modded and, after meeting the owners, certainly not raced. And just two weeks ago I was out at a shop that is completeing a build of a 59' Mini Cooper for me and they had a
2005 E55 sedan in there all torn apart because the owner did a pully and some ECU mods and blew it up. $15,000 bill... so far.

The current economic environment has been very good to my company so I don't forsee me selling this E55 anytime soon. I know I would post it on the MB forums before I'd offer it up anywhere else. Looking forward to being part of the club and I am hopeful you find the perfect car. Silver was always my preference.
I don't mind them, but yeah, just not in that finish. The only bit of modding I plan to do is with the wheels. I'm not too picky when it comes to color, though I was a bit partial to flint.