W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrysler Warranty just cancelled my policy...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
i dont believe that ^^^ a contract is a contract and when u sign and pay for it the terms go into affect. im definitel down foe a class action lawsuit, but those who are also please make sure u were not cancelled for breaking the terms or modding.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:04 AM
c43amgedmonton1

Originally Posted by mikey33
i dont believe that ^^^ a contract is a contract and when u sign and pay for it the terms go into affect. im definitel down foe a class action lawsuit, but those who are also please make sure u were not cancelled for breaking the terms or modding.

think of it this way. They are running a business and they know that the repair bills are costing them more than the premiums that are coming in. If you ran a business would you want to continue? I know it doesn't sound like they are doing it legally because it is a "contract" but as long as you are not in the middle of a claim then they can cancel it legally.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
I never said I wanted to sue anyone. **** happens in the world. If that's what this comes down to count me out. I have no concern in wasting time and money in court over a car warranty. If they just stole my money and canceled me well, then, I would have a very big problem with the situation. My money will be refunded in whole and that's fair considering it's a service that I never used. I'll dig deeper into the reason/s "Why" it was cancelled on Monday. All I was wondering is if it had happened to anyone else and if so what were the reasons.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Because there insuring you, and and insurer can cancel a contract whenever they want, same as you can leave the contract. the only difference is they will give you pro-rata and if you cancel you get short rate.
They are running a business and they know that the repair bills are costing them more than the premiums that are coming in.
bad analogy: "insurance" companies don't make their money off of premiums, simply put- the revenue from the premiums is pooled and invested with the hope that the return will be greater than the payouts in claims...
Old 09-26-2010, 01:40 AM
c43amgedmonton1

Originally Posted by motorkas
bad analogy: "insurance" companies don't make their money off of premiums, simply put- the revenue from the premiums is pooled and invested with the hope that the return will be greater than the payouts in claims...

True. I was just giving a simple explanation in that they know a bad investment and want out.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, but based on what do you say they have an "out." They cannot just say, oh, your canceled. A lot of people also probably bought there car based on the fact that they had the 5-year warranty lined up which is exactly what I did, so if they cancel that will screw me over big time!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:39 AM
JR.

fast cars and faster motorcycles ..
Originally Posted by mikey33
Yeah, but based on what do you say they have an "out." They cannot just say, oh, your canceled. A lot of people also probably bought there car based on the fact that they had the 5-year warranty lined up which is exactly what I did, so if they cancel that will screw me over big time!!!

they CAN cancel your contract at any time and it says so in the contract.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:54 AM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
Correct - read your policy.

It can be crappy- i.e. if you had other options when you bought the CSC because you were in warrantyl and now you are not - then that would infuriate me.

However - with everyone saying how CSAC paid $15K in claims and that there was not even a questions, etc. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that their systems would have some sort of profitability review and when certain models have higher than average repairs / costs - well - then something had to give.

Another reason I did the warranty through MB - it was about $800 for the same coverage, I think - but having this piece of mind (car has no mods at this point) was worth it since I plan on keeping it for at least 7 years.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by JR.

they CAN cancel your contract at any time and it says so in the contract.
Maybe yours is different than the one I read, which says no such thing. Here's a sample plan (pdf) from chrysler.com, which reads essentially the same as the one I looked at, though is different in appearance:
http://www.chrysler.com/download/pdf...Provisions.pdf

What it says about cancellation is on page 1:
The issuance of Plan Provisions by us shall not be deemed as a waiver of our right, or considered a restriction of our right to refuse to pay for service and/or cancel the Plan should it subsequentially be discovered that the vehicle for which the Plan was purchased was not elligible for Plan coverage.
One difference between the sample plan above is that they state the following explicitly (both have it covered, though, by virtue of spelling out that they can cancel inelligible vehicles, and that mods make them inelligible):
We reserve the right to cancel the Plan after issuance should it be discovered that: (a) the vehicle is ineligible or has been modified/altered to make it ineligible after Plan coverage has been in effect; (b) failure of the customer to maintain the vehicle as prescribed by the manufacturer; (c) the odometer has been tampered with or has not been repaired by the customer; (d) non-payment of premium or (e) the vehicle is registered outside of the of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico. Your refund will be based on the full amount you paid for the Plan, less a prorata adjustment as set forth in the paragraph above.
That's it. No other mention of cancellation, or the word cancel, appears in the contract, except for the section describing how the person who purchased the contract goes about cancelling it, and they also state that they can cancel if the cost of the repairs exceeds the book value of the vehicle. So it seems to me that they can't cancel it unless they've discovered that the vehicle is not elligible for coverage.

So what makes a vehicle inelligible for coverage? Well, they address that on page 2, with one key point highlighted (note: the first section is quoted from the actual contract for an AMG car, which is different from the sample plan I linked to; the second section is identical in both contracts so it's a copy 'n' paste from the sample one linked to above):
Elligible vehicles: 1998 to current model year vehicles specified by us with no more than 125,000 miles of service are elligible for this plan.

IMPORTANT! The following vehicles are not eligible for a Chrysler Service Contract: Vehicles registered outside of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico; Vehicles equipped with right hand drive; Motor Homes; Vehicles placed in taxi or limousine service (except vehicles placed in van pool service); vehicle used for emergency service, ambulance, towing or police service; vehicles used for postal, dump truck or severe off-road use; vehicles converted from two to four-wheel drive; vehicles altered or converted from the original manufacturer’s specifications; vehicles not used in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications for payload and/or towing capacity; vehicles equipped with a diesel engine (except Chrysler); vehicles that operate on other than Gasoline Fuel Systems (i.e. diesel, natural gas, electric, hybrid gas / electric vehicles); vehicles with a gross weight (G.V.W.) of over 14,000 pounds; vehicles where the factory warranty has been voided, reduced or restricted by the manufacturer; vehicles that have been declared to be a total loss by any insurance company, is rebuilt after being declared a total loss, or is issued a title indicating that it is designated as ‘salvage’, ‘junk’, ‘rebuilt’ or words of similar impact.
They also stipulate on page 5 that the plan will not cover:
Repairs, Towing, Rental or Roadside Assistance necessary as a result of...(i) modifications not approved or recommended by the manufacturer
...but they do not state that they can suspend and/or cancel the contract as a result of this, though of course they do state it in the elligibility section...but at any rate, I see nothing that would allow them to arbitrarily cancel coverage at their fiat; it seems to me that the vehicle would have to be "inelligible" to be cancelled, and if somehow they get wind that a vehicle is modded, they can definitely pull the plug.

Last edited by Improviz; 09-26-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
Damn that sucks man. Well if you never had any real problematic issues, i wouldn't worry too much about it. Use that money for something else Or just set it aside for when/ if something goes wrong. Or if you decide to sell, sell me your wheels, they would look great on my silver one too :P

Aaron
Old 09-26-2010, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by WHTEVO
Damn that sucks man. Well if you never had any real problematic issues, i wouldn't worry too much about it. Use that money for something else Or just set it aside for when/ if something goes wrong. Or if you decide to sell, sell me your wheels, they would look great on my silver one too :P

Aaron
LOL you got it buddy!. Actually you got some stock wheels right now? I'm trying to get Charlie to part out his Monolites

Eh it is what it is. There's no way the would have cancelled me because of mods. Nobody has looked at my car so there's no way that's the reason it was cancelled. The refund is going straight into a Kleemann throttle body and to get my calipers painted finally. I have no problem finding a use for excess cash lol.

On another note I think I met a buddy of yours down here with a really clean white M3 on gold wheels... Lives in Highlands ranch I think.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
/\ yeah i still have the OEM wheels on. Actually trying to get another OEM set to powder coat black.

Yeah a good friend (Asim) of mine up there has a white M3 on some gold HRE's. ****s sick huh

Aaron
Old 09-26-2010, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm trying to get Charlie to part out his Monolites
Get in line big guy. . .unfortunately I live closer and he doesn't have to deal with the hassle of shipping ALL THE WAY OUT TO COLORADO

In all seriousness - They look SICK with the new gunmetal centers.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Get in line big guy. . .unfortunately I live closer and he doesn't have to deal with the hassle of shipping ALL THE WAY OUT TO COLORADO

In all seriousness - They look SICK with the new gunmetal centers.
Alright, alright they are yours my man! Those will look sick on your ride. And I know you'll actually share some pics of those sexies unlike the owner who currently sports them.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Improviz, your signature is hilarious
Old 09-27-2010, 08:53 PM

07 GL450
Is this for ALL MB's or just AMG's ???

I have an 07 GL450 with 49788 (yep, 212 miles til I'm out of warranty)
So I am looking into all options - even extending the MB warranty.

Any thoughts?

-ysgi
Old 09-27-2010, 09:42 PM

13 E63
Its a poor business decision to retro cancel these policies. The situation at Chrysler must be bad. These are last minute fire sale decisions to dump customers.

Maybe Chrysler needs the money for these guys pensions or brews for the plant?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWi6IlmSO_o
Old 09-27-2010, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tgoss
Alright, alright they are yours my man! Those will look sick on your ride. And I know you'll actually share some pics of those sexies unlike the owner who currently sports them.
We already know what they'd look like on a black car - time for a color change I really want them, have threatened Charlie about them but. . . getting tired of slaving for the man - time to make my loot work for me rather than entertain me. . . that and the wifey's constant "ahem . . . do you know what your AMEX is at?"
Old 09-30-2010, 10:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 CL600
Originally Posted by tgoss
I never said I wanted to sue anyone. **** happens in the world. If that's what this comes down to count me out. I have no concern in wasting time and money in court over a car warranty. If they just stole my money and canceled me well, then, I would have a very big problem with the situation. My money will be refunded in whole and that's fair considering it's a service that I never used. I'll dig deeper into the reason/s "Why" it was cancelled on Monday. All I was wondering is if it had happened to anyone else and if so what were the reasons.
Any update tgoss? Would love to know why they cancelled on you.
Regards
Old 10-01-2010, 11:28 AM

Mercedes E55
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
I got you covered. PM me your vin and the mileage and I will get you a quote. It's great coverage, pays top dollar for repairs, no hidden surprises either.
How long can you wait before you get an extended warranty? I have 92K and I was thinking that it is to late for me, but I wanted to make sure??
Old 10-01-2010, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We already know what they'd look like on a black car - time for a color change I really want them, have threatened Charlie about them but. . . getting tired of slaving for the man - time to make my loot work for me rather than entertain me. . . that and the wifey's constant "ahem . . . do you know what your AMEX is at?"
That my friend is classic lol! Just get the wifey a brand new pair of shoes too... It'll all blow over in no time!

Originally Posted by 400RWHP
Any update tgoss? Would love to know why they cancelled on you.
Regards
Actually No. I never did get a real clear cut reason on why. I call the dealership to ask why, they give me a number for some administrator. They in turn tell me to call the dealership back... and it's just a run around to find someone who will actually give you a reason as to why. I assume being so close to their cut of date of canceling coverage on all MB's that they just cut me off as well. I'm just glad to get my money back.

Originally Posted by lilg210
How long can you wait before you get an extended warranty? I have 92K and I was thinking that it is to late for me, but I wanted to make sure??
I'm pretty sure it's dependent on milage and if that's they case you may have some trouble finding a warranty.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
If you're worried about getting screwed because of the mods in your car, do what I do and go to Hyevon Motors in SoCal. They work with Chrysler warranty and there's a Budget nearby that normally picks me up with the rental.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by 03RSTT
Its a poor business decision to retro cancel these policies. The situation at Chrysler must be bad. These are last minute fire sale decisions to dump customers.
Considering all of the gremlins AMG cars have, and the expense of repairing them vs the policy cost, it seems like a very smart business move by Chrysler. They had to be losing money on these policies.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:55 PM

Flint Gray E63
Since Chrysler is no longer available for AMG cars, I just wanted to say that I have been very happy with my extended warranty from a company called EasyCare. I bought a 4-year/ 65K mile (I drive only 5K miles per year) warranty for my C32 and it cost me $2,900. EasyCare has been great and never gave me a hassle about any of the repairs I needed. I sold my C32 and requested a pro-rata refund and I just got a check from my Mercedes dealer that I bought the warranty from for over $600 and my warranty was going to expire in April 2011. It was a pleasant surprise since I did not think I would get that much back. Even my Service Advisor said that EasyCare is a great company to work with. Great, honest company.

I recently bought an E63 which is an amazing car, and I will definitely be buying an extended warranty from EasyCare. All my repairs had a deductible of $100, but it was still a great deal. I highly recommend EasyCare. If anyone is interested, I bought the EasyCare warranty from Mercedes-Benz of Walnut Creek. I love my E63 and plan to keep it for at least five more years, and having a reliable warranty from EasyCare just makes owning my AMG a worry-free pleasure. I know this sounds like an EasyCare commercial, but I am not associated with the company in any way; I'm just a satisfied customer.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:15 PM

F350
I have been seriously considering buying a used E55, but after reading this thread and seeing so many people making $10k plus in warrenty claims and people getting dropped, this just isn't the car for me. I can't imagine paying almost $30k for the car and possibly having to put out another 10-15k for repairs. I wish all current owners the best, I wish I could own one but it doesn't look good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Warranty just cancelled my policy...