E63 warranty expires Thursday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
E63 warranty expires Thursday

My factory warranty expires on Thursday. Will MB extend the factory warranty, like many other manufacturers, as long as the original factory warranty is still in force? If so, would my local dealer be my best bet to start negotiations or is there a forum preferred dealer for such things?

Is there another warranty option that is better? I generally keep daily drivers for 18-24mos and put about 1k miles/month on them. For resale, I would like to have some warranty coverage available for the next buyer.

I searched on the forum, but didn't find a definitive answer regarding the service/likelihood of payment for the various warranty companies.

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:53 PM

2003 CL55
No, not typically. To get a CPO, you would have to sell the car to the dealer and buy it back again (yes, I have done it), but it's the only way for an MBCPO. IMO, well worth it... or, you could sell it outright, and flip it through the dealer and let them CPO the car, with the new owner picking up the needed dealer costs and profit to CPO the car. I have also done that too. Should be easy in this economy to make it happen...
Old 10-25-2010, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by Tom_Boy
No, not typically. To get a CPO, you would have to sell the car to the dealer and buy it back again (yes, I have done it), but it's the only way for an MBCPO. IMO, well worth it... or, you could sell it outright, and flip it through the dealer and let them CPO the car, with the new owner picking up the needed dealer costs and profit to CPO the car. I have also done that too. Should be easy in this economy to make it happen...
I don't think he's asking about CPO, just an extended warranty.

Chrysler isn't offering extended warranties any longer (you may already know this). Call your local MBZ dealer and see what they have to offer; the most recent numbers I remember seeing around here are ~2yrs for $4-$5k. With Chrysler out of the game, a true MBZ factory warranty extension would be my preference over the 3rd party guys. Good luck .
Old 10-25-2010, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Big thread here just very recently on the ELWs and CPOs. Factory ELWs are for the original owner. If you have a CPO, that's a different warranty and issue. Read that thread.

Call the dealers and start shopping your options. Do it now as your time is nearing....
Old 10-25-2010, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
If you are the original owner, you can extend the original factory warranty with no problem. If you bought the car used as CPO, then I think (but am not sure) that you can still extend the warranty. However, if both of these options are out, you may have to look for aftermarket warranty options. EasyCare and Fidelity seem to be the way to go with these cars.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
My warranty expires in August 2011, but I checked anyway to see how much it would be from the dealer. I was quoted $2856 for one year and 4788 for 2 years..........WOW makes me rethink about extending the warranty, since I have only about 33,000+ miles, and don't really race it ().

I don't know if I will opt for it or go with a new vehicle/different brand or what!
Old 10-27-2010, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban
I spoke to a dealer and they confirmed what was said already in this thread. I'm heading down there to review my options for aftermarket.

Funny thing, I got in the car this morning and was greeted with a CEL on cold start. Tomorrow is my warranty expiration Called my SA and he got me an appointment this afternoon so it will be covered.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:09 PM

E63
Originally Posted by WayneE
Funny thing, I got in the car this morning and was greeted with a CEL on cold start. Tomorrow is my warranty expiration Called my SA and he got me an appointment this afternoon so it will be covered.
I just went from a CTT to an E63... pretty sure I've seen your dog on 6speed!

I was greeted with a CEL the same day I bought my E as well. Turned out to be bad intake manifold gaskets.

Luckily my warranty doesn't expire until March, but subscribing to see which option you go with. Good luck!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:14 PM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: Warranty

I would get in touch with EasyCare. As long as you sign up before the warranty expires....tomorrow....their price is not too bad, and their top product covers pretty much everything. I was going to go with them for my SL last year, but Chrysler offered MB warranties then, and they were better price wise. Chrysler won't do your car anymore. Both my dealer and indy were fine with Easycare, said they paid without bs or drama.