Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
No problem

Yea the slicks hurt mph and time but they give you better traction and less drivetrain stress. If I run on radials I'd probably break axles left and right. You will be in the tens in no time. That tune you have on the car is too rich and timing is all over the place.
How did Adam do? Did Charlie run the M5 with the TT?
Old 11-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
amg
Ahmad,thanks for the invite&was a pleasure to finally meet you in person after all these years

Clayton,pleasure meeting you as well and Im very sorry my tires had you limping the rest of the day. Your car sounds awesome going down the track

Nice meeting Jim(Raleigh63)&the rest of his entourage

I doubt my car would have run in the 11s today,the temps made there way in the upper 50's with negative D/A of -750 when the gates open,dropping to -350 a few hours later....so Im kinda glad I left it in the garage. Had fun on the bikes tho
Old 11-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
Was the only E55 out there today
No 10's for me yet but..

No meth!

60' 1.742
330' 4.744
1/8 7.206 @ 99.82
1000. 9.323

1/4 ET 11.09 @ 127.39

Tx to (class act) Ahmad's skinnies I think I managed a bit more in the MPH department. Also Used his slicks as well and helped the 60' but hurt MPH and couldn't run better than 11.13 with them

they suck ahmad JK

On a side note I officially found out Meth is hurting my afr's which are slightly rich already. I used it only for the burn out on this pass and went right back without meth after seeing the results to see if could get at least a 1.68 60' and kept spinning off the line..

Stay thirsty my friends......
You sir...are one of my hero's! Your car is F'in FAST!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
Was the only E55 out there today
No 10's for me yet but..

No meth!

60' 1.742
330' 4.744
1/8 7.206 @ 99.82
1000. 9.323

1/4 ET 11.09 @ 127.39

Tx to (class act) Ahmad's skinnies I think I managed a bit more in the MPH department. Also Used his slicks as well and helped the 60' but hurt MPH and couldn't run better than 11.13 with them

they suck ahmad JK

On a side note I officially found out Meth is hurting my afr's which are slightly rich already. I used it only for the burn out on this pass and went right back without meth after seeing the results to see if could get at least a 1.68 60' and kept spinning off the line..

Stay thirsty my friends......
Nice job Luis! I'm glad to see your beast coming alive....

I know it was mentioned that your timing tables and AFR's are off but running 11.0's at 127.5 the tune can't be that bad. I believe you're now in the top 10 now of the fastest E55's..... Think about how fast that is when compared to most of the E55's out there...it's fast. I would have a very hard time believing you pulled much timing if any on the big end with your trap speeds. All around your car performed like a champion.

I'm sure there's room for improvement for every tune out there but be careful running it to the ragged edge. Being fast is great but not at the expense of your engine.

Once again nice job Luis and I look forward to reading your 10 second thread....
Old 11-21-2010, 05:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Damn. People are dropping out like flies.

As for me....

Drag radials? Check.

how did this car do? and what are the specs on the dr/wheel set up?
Old 11-21-2010, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornfed gtr and m3
Originally Posted by emoving
How did Adam do? Did Charlie run the M5 with the TT?
Adam ran an 11.95 at 119mph. Second fastest e39 m5 out there! He can drive the crap out of that car!

I didn't run anything. Something came up last minute and I wasn't able to make it. Sucks.. really wanted to catch up with Luis and see Ahmad run.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
Congrats Loco! An 11.0 street car is pretty bad a$$.

You ran down the back half in less than 3.9 Your beast is hauling the mail for sure!
Old 11-21-2010, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by 118E63
Ahmad,thanks for the invite&was a pleasure to finally meet you in person after all these years

Clayton,pleasure meeting you as well and Im very sorry my tires had you limping the rest of the day. Your car sounds awesome going down the track

Nice meeting Jim(Raleigh63)&the rest of his entourage

I doubt my car would have run in the 11s today,the temps made there way in the upper 50's with negative D/A of -750 when the gates open,dropping to -350 a few hours later....so Im kinda glad I left it in the garage. Had fun on the bikes tho
Thanks Rob, good meeting you too. Thanks for bringing the DRs down, they worked like a charm.

Originally Posted by 02cl55amg
how did this car do? and what are the specs on the dr/wheel set up?
Specs:
Rial 18X9.5 w/ 265/40/18 Mickey Thompson ET Street drag radials.

Right. So, again, I had issues. My day went like this:

On the maiden voyage of my new Mickey Thompson's, somehow John Force possessed my right foot, and I put on a smoke show for the ages in the burnout box. They were brand new, so you know....., I had to make sure they were broken in. I was in 'dyno mode' and after my burnout, the car went into limp mode. I didn't know it, until I launched the car. Car felt like it was in 3rd gear on the launch and never shifted the entire way down the track.

Anyway, I limped her back to the pits, scanned the car and saw a few faults. I had a TCU fault, and something about improper gear ratio. I cleared the codes, took her out of dyno mode, and tried again.

From here on out, I only scrubbed the tires, no more big burnouts. The car hooked every time, but felt soft on launch. And for the rest of the day, I had a noticeable delay in the 1-2 shift. The car would run out 1st gear, then fall on it's face right before it shifted into 2nd.

I unhooked the battery for an hour, but it didn't help. I talked to Bruce, Marcin and Jeremy about it, but I wasn't really able to give them the data they needed without hooking it to SDS, which I don't have.

So, with that, my best runs were a couple of 11.5x's @121-122.

The car drives 100% normal, other than the WOT 1-2 shift. I'll get it on a SDS and see what's up.

But, the most important thing is the picture of my burnout. Stay tuned for that...
Old 11-21-2010, 10:13 AM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
You sir...are one of my hero's! Your car is F'in FAST!!!
Thats some funny shiiiitt...Just trying to do what you guys have already beeeen done brothaaa...only my quest for better times got delayed a good 6 months

Originally Posted by bassn_07
Nice job Luis! I'm glad to see your beast coming alive....

I know it was mentioned that your timing tables and AFR's are off but running 11.0's at 127.5 the tune can't be that bad. I believe you're now in the top 10 now of the fastest E55's..... Think about how fast that is when compared to most of the E55's out there...it's fast. I would have a very hard time believing you pulled much timing if any on the big end with your trap speeds. All around your car performed like a champion.

I'm sure there's room for improvement for every tune out there but be careful running it to the ragged edge. Being fast is great but not at the expense of your engine.

Once again nice job Luis and I look forward to reading your 10 second thread....
Tx Again Alan- Car does feel better and im sure my tune is good and safe where it is, just needs some revising but its obviously cutting it for my car in a safe way. I would not change this tune for a revised flash i would prefer doing some live tuning again when Jeremy is in the neighborhood and maybe add those injectors i have sitting around, and i prefer staying off the edge and instead have my car make close to 15 passes on a rental without issues

There is no doubt in my mind i would have cracked 10's in the morning, but kept spraying meth when in reality the car did not require it due to the much cooler morning temps and DA being negative plus car kept popping out of gear coming off the line in my first two attempts then "limp mode" from there on..then went right back and ran 11.14 on meth.

It is nooooot easy..These might sound like excuses for some but these are the things you gotta learn from your own car to run great times and the only way to learn them as you very well know is making the passes.

Thanks again for the cheering and advise as you know you are every 55k owner inspiration..cant wait to see how your car will do at Famoso

Originally Posted by 930chas
Adam ran an 11.95 at 119mph. Second fastest e39 m5 out there! He can drive the crap out of that car!

I didn't run anything. Something came up last minute and I wasn't able to make it. Sucks.. really wanted to catch up with Luis and see Ahmad run.
That really sucked bro what happened to you, you gotta figure that **** out

But man those e30 Bimma's where tearing it down!!
Old 11-21-2010, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Thanks Rob, good meeting you too. Thanks for bringing the DRs down, they worked like a charm.

Specs:

On the maiden voyage of my new Mickey Thompson's, somehow John Force possessed my right foot, and I put on a smoke show for the ages in the burnout box. They were brand new, so you know....., I had to make sure they were broken in. I was in 'dyno mode' and after my burnout, the car went into limp mode. I didn't know it, until I launched the car. Car felt like it was in 3rd gear on the launch and never shifted the entire way down the track.

Anyway, I limped her back to the pits, scanned the car and saw a few faults. I had a TCU fault, and something about improper gear ratio. I cleared the codes, took her out of dyno mode, and tried again.

From here on out, I only scrubbed the tires, no more big burnouts. The car hooked every time, but felt soft on launch. And for the rest of the day, I had a noticeable delay in the 1-2 shift. The car would run out 1st gear, then fall on it's face right before it shifted into 2nd.

I unhooked the battery for an hour, but it didn't help. I talked to Bruce, Marcin and Jeremy about it, but I wasn't really able to give them the data they needed without hooking it to SDS, which I don't have.

The car drives 100% normal, other than the WOT 1-2 shift. I'll get it on a SDS and see what's up.

But, the most important thing is the picture of my burnout. Stay tuned for that...
Sorry to hear of your problems Clayton but 11.5's at 122 is still very respectable with shifting issues. You may want to touch base with the Thericker because I'm pretty sure he had/has the same exact problem as you're describing. I believe you both have the TCU mod, just a thought.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:25 AM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by lowprofile
Congrats Loco! An 11.0 street car is pretty bad a$$.

You ran down the back half in less than 3.9 Your beast is hauling the mail for sure!
Thanks Bk- Yeah i noticed shutting off the meth at the end with cooler temps made a difference on 3rd gear when looking at the fuel curve.. car has lots of fuel up top and obviously meth doesnt help the cause, even when spraying a 20/80 mix..so next time out longer cool downs and no meth
Old 11-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Old 11-21-2010, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Daum Clayton! You show off!
Old 11-21-2010, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol.....great pic.

That must have been snapped right at the beginning of it, because the car was completely engulfed, and even filled up the cockpit. I had the window cracked a tiny bit, before I realized it wasn't rolled all the way up.

show-off, indeed.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
whens the next rental??? I was pissed about breaking the day before for this one
Old 11-22-2010, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Specs:

Quoting myself here....

When I spoke to Marcin, he advised me to remove the TCU for a minute or so, then reconnect it. After that, I was to drive for approximately 10 miles for everything to figure itself out. Since I was at the track, with my wife, and the day was nearing an end, I opted not to do this. I was just going to take it to the dealer and get it hooked to SDS, to see what's up.

However, I did disconnect my battery for an hour, and made a few runs after that. The car still stumbled at the WOT 1-2 shift. Well, I did drive the car home (100 miles), sanely, and put her to rest in the garage. Today I drove it to work. And sure enough, the shift problem appears to be gone.

So, it certainly appears that I just needed to reach the ~10 mile mark for things to settle down after I put her in limp mode.

The problem with my test is, 99% of the time when I go WOT in 1st on street tires, I break the tires loose when boost comes on, ESP kicks in, and then the car shifts to second. Does the same thing in second, then chirps them in 3rd on boost.

So this morning, I tried to ease on the throttle, increasing input all the way to the floor, smoothly. I was able to achieve a few non-spinning shifts from 1-2 and it shifted quickly, and smoothly as it should with this TCU.

I really need to bolt the DRs back on and give her a blast to see what happens.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Improper gear ratio code can come from the height of the tires. Mickeys are 26.5" ....... how tall are they compared to what you normally run?
Old 11-22-2010, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by prodigymb
Improper gear ratio code can come from the height of the tires. Mickeys are 26.5" ....... how tall are they compared to what you normally run?
The OEM 285/35/18's are 25.85" diameter
The D/Rs 265/40/18's are 26.34" diameter

Don't know if that's far enough out (1.87%), to trip a code.

It only threw that code, and went into limp mode once. And that was when I did a big burnout in dyno mode. I made 6 or 7 runs after that, using a small burnout, and didn't trip a single code, but still had the funky 1-2 shift, until I reset the battery and drove the car home.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 11-22-2010 at 04:51 PM.