Sponsored by:

TALK ABOUT MOD FRIENDLY!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 K1
Exclamation TALK ABOUT MOD FRIENDLY!!!

My neighbor just bought a brand new CTC V Coup. He already has a Lingenfelter Z06 so I figured he would eventually want to mod the CTS V as well. I asked him if that was his plan and he said he had already done it and the car is now rated at 630 HP. In fact, believe it or not, he said he had the factory ship the car directly to Lingenfelter and then to the dealer for pick up before he ever saw it! No warranty issues with either the factory or the dealer!! I had to beg my local Mercedes dealer for two years after the warranty ran out before he would even consider installing my K1 mod.

I'm thinking my next car may be a Lingenfelter CTS V.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
if the interior quality wasn't such crap i'd already have one. it's probably ok going from a corvette but i'm not sure how long i'd last coming from this direction (probably about as long as most of the other mb owners that tried them).
Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
The CTS-Vs are certainly fast & mod friendly. They also have a host of nagging quality control problems like clicking wheels, noisy sunroofs, creaking dashes...and then there's that interior. But yes they are easy to mod and very easy & cheap to make stupid fast. Doing the full Ligenfelter treatment is expensive and not fully necessary, but the warranty aspect is wonderful.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Is there an echo in here?

I know these are fast. If they could up the quality and craftsmanship, it would be a great car. I love the post by the MB Forum member who bought one to add to his stable of incredible cars. Everyone here was very supportive, and 3 weeks later, he was selling it. Again, without a lot of hoopla, the car simply did not meet his high expecations.

I appriciate the fact that MB owners are generally past the immaturity of thinking there is only one car out there. When I put a feeler for my M3 on bimmerforums, I thought I was about to get shot.. bunch of babbies

Oh-

Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
LOL not sure why my post printed twice? I edited the first one and came back tonight and it's 2 different posts.

Echo....echo....
Old 11-03-2010, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 129 Likes on 45 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
It is funny to read this thread, because I had a conversation with my brother recently about these cars. I told him I wanted to test drive a CTS-V because I heard they were brutally fast, and they look pretty mean. We both agreed that the interior quality was the big downside. My brother said that my '07 E63 had better interior quality than a brand neGM putsw Cadillac by a long shot, and he is right.

Additionally, I recently drove a new (816 miles on the odometer) Corvette ZR-1 and was disappointed that GM puts FAKE carbon fiber (and bad fake carbon fiber at that) on the interior of a car with a sticker price around $120,000. That, and several other cheap interior bits, are just simply unacceptable in any car with a price north of $60,000, even more so a car costing twice as much! The power was great, and the design is rather nice, but those crappy interiors are ridiculous.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I drove a new V prior to the CLS, and I was not that impressed. Nothing like pulling up in a benz that woops most sports cars! The cady was deff cheap as hell feeling.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:45 PM

W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330
Originally Posted by Bramage

I know these are fast. If they could up the quality and craftsmanship, it would be a great car. I love the post by the MB Forum member who bought one to add to his stable of incredible cars. Everyone here was very supportive, and 3 weeks later, he was selling it. Again, without a lot of hoopla, the car simply did not meet his high expecations.

I appriciate the fact that MB owners are generally past the immaturity of thinking there is only one car out there. When I put a feeler for my M3 on bimmerforums, I thought I was about to get shot.. bunch of babbies

Oh-

My sentiments exactly! American cars are an awesome performance bargain, but what brings them down is their crap interiors and build quality. As for BFC, I'm rofling as they are myopic...and I'm a Mod there. LOL
Old 11-03-2010, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Originally Posted by WPOZZZ
My sentiments exactly! American cars are an awesome performance bargain, but what brings them down is their crap interiors and build quality. As for BFC, I'm rofling as they are myopic...and I'm a Mod there. LOL
Old 11-04-2010, 09:21 AM

a bunch of fast $h!t
Originally Posted by WPOZZZ
My sentiments exactly! American cars are an awesome performance bargain, but what brings them down is their crap interiors and build quality.
Hence, the reason they're a bargain.

God forbid you have to take one to a stealership, especially GM. The bargain's out the door. As well as, professionalism, accountability, reliability, etc., etc., etc. . . . .
Old 11-04-2010, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,051 Likes on 844 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
It's called the Magnuson - Moss Act. Mercedes seems to think they are exempt.
http://www.thelemonlawyers.com/magnu...-warranty.html