Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 GLS63 AMG Diamond White
New owner here!!

Hello mbworld community,
I just picked up a 2005 flint grey w211 e55k and am so excited about the car. It has only 42000 mi and came with most options except keyless go. I am honored to finally be a part of the AMG community! Anyone have advice on making the car louder without spending a lot. Should I remove the resonators along with the secondary cats or will it be too loud?
Old 11-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Congrats! Welcome the family!
Old 11-07-2010, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by Johncy2000
Hello mbworld community,
I just picked up a 2005 flint grey w211 e55k and am so excited about the car. It has only 42000 mi and came with most options except keyless go. I am honored to finally be a part of the AMG community! Anyone have advice on making the car louder without spending a lot. Should I remove the resonators along with the secondary cats or will it be too loud?
Add a 185 pulley, 82mm throttle body, Renntech airbox, Floor Fabbed long tube headers, straight pipe it to stock mufflers and it will be plenty loud and mean. Just ask Bassn_07 to blow by you when you are in San Jose for a demonstration. Although this isn't a cheap route haha!

Welcome to the family, it's nice to see another Bay Area owner!

GIANTS!
Old 11-07-2010, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the replies guys. Good to be here. Are there any reputable shops in the Bay Area that I can rely on in the coming days?
Old 11-07-2010, 11:54 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Good to be here. Are there any reputable shops in the Bay Area that I can rely on in the coming days?
Depends on what you are trying to get done, what are you looking at just exhaust?
Old 11-08-2010, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Welcome to MBW...!

Any plans on running that thing down the 1/4 mile? Me and my friends are always looking to add to the group of fanatics.

As for a shop, my tech does very good work and knows his way around MB's. Just let me know....
Old 11-08-2010, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by bassn_07
Welcome to MBW...!

Any plans on running that thing down the 1/4 mile? Me and my friends are always looking to add to the group of fanatics.

As for a shop, my tech does very good work and knows his way around MB's. Just let me know....
Exactly who I was going to recommend! He owns a pretty nice E55 with low mileage haha but I think it's safe to say he knows what he is doing and he's not too far from SF.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Welcome to MBW...!

Oh Yeah I've never been to the track though. Its funny cuz I used to drive a 450hp Evo and never went to the track but with THE BEAST, I think that'll change. lol If I buy a pulley from Eurocharged and H/E with CM30 Pump any shops that can do it reliably? Also is Singh Autosport a good idea? My uncle tuned his M5 there and loves it but I think Jeremy's tune will be the best right according to my research?
Old 11-08-2010, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Oh Yeah I've never been to the track though. Its funny cuz I used to drive a 450hp Evo and never went to the track but with THE BEAST, I think that'll change. lol If I buy a pulley from Eurocharged and H/E with CM30 Pump any shops that can do it reliably? Also is Singh Autosport a good idea? My uncle tuned his M5 there and loves it but I think Jeremy's tune will be the best right according to my research?
You'll love hanging out at the track, it's a blast! We are a small group but have a ton of fun. Our group of cars attract a ton of attention with the times we run, people are in total aweeeee.

I'm not sure who makes EC's pulley but IMO going with an ASP 180 is solid. I haven't yet see one fail as long as the install was done correctly. You really want to make sure whoever you trust with your car will do it right otherwise you'll suffer a horrible experience.

Shoot me a pm and I'll pass on my friends contact info, he's the best in the bay area IMO. Right now there is only one person I trust touching my car and it's him. I actually have a friend that was having some issues with his current shop and they couldn't take care of it. He called my tech, dropped it off in the morning, and had his car back with all issues fixed. What more could you ask for. Please just trust me on this one.

I have a tune from Jeremy (OE Tuning) and couldn't be happier. Just make sure you do your research and go with whoever you feel most comfortable with. Either way I'm sure you'll come to the right decision. Mikesamg has a current thread running trying to gather interest in getting Jeremy over here. Please post up and add your name if you're interested.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...gs-finest.html
Old 11-08-2010, 01:08 AM

You'll love hanging out at the track, it's a blast! We are a small group but have a ton of fun. Our group of cars attract a ton of attention with the times we run, people are in total aweeeee.

I'm not sure who makes EC's pulley but IMO going with an ASP 180 is solid. I haven't yet see one fail as long as the install was done correctly. You really want to make sure whoever you trust with your car will do it right otherwise you'll suffer a horrible experience.

Shoot me a pm and I'll pass on my friends contact info, he's the best in the bay area IMO. Right now there is only one person I trust touching my car and it's him. I actually have a friend that was having some issues with his current shop and they couldn't take care of it. He called my tech, dropped it off in the morning, and had his car back with all issues fixed. What more could you ask for. Please just trust me on this one.

I have a tune from Jeremy (OE Tuning) and couldn't be happier. Just make sure you do your research and go with whoever you feel most comfortable with. Either way I'm sure you'll come to the right decision. Mikesamg has a current thread running trying to gather interest in getting Jeremy over here. Please post up and add your name if you're interested.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...gs-finest.html
You answered this better haha, hopefully Scott can take care of him and give us some more competition at Sac!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry it took so long to reply to this thread. I was just so intimidated with all the beastly E55 you guys own. My respect goes out to you guys especially Bassn_07. 10 second E55 Wow In my dreams haha. Just took off my resonator and cats and it sounds MEAN. Also did K&N's and Xmas is just around the corner! ASP 180mm pulley, E/C H/E, CM30, OE tuning tune (don't know how this works), here we come!