Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It arrived today!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55, previous: E36 M3
I have an 03 with the solar panel option and they are always on. When you get in your car on a very sunny day, you can feel the air coming from the main front center air vents and you can actually hear a very quite fan running. Just check this on the next fully sunny day and feel for the air before you start the car. They work extremely well in the summer and it's a great option to have. I had read somewhere that the fan only ran if the temperature was above a certain temperature, but mine seem to come on even on cooler days.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
good thing that most of your problems got covered under CPO....def good to have CPO if buying a used E55amg!!
Old 12-28-2010, 03:44 PM

////E55
Good news! The CPO is paying off.... I got a call from MBUSA and they agreed to pay for the replacement of my headlight assembly (headlight cornering). This failed when I got the car and wasn't covered under the CPO warranty. But after discussing it with MBUSA, they agreed to pay for the repairs!!!!! -I think that this is an excellent example of why I think paying extra for a CPO is worth the extra expense.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:52 PM

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
'06 E55
There's nothing out there that beats this car in looks or the performance

Man,can you tell,i love this friggin car
Old 12-28-2010, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Mercedes is pretty good about covering things, even outside of specific coverage if you call and talk to them. They do care about brand perception, and often, they will go the extra mile, even if not obligated to do so. I have offered this guidance in the past to people: Call them, and see what they say. Good job, and enjoy!!
Old 12-28-2010, 07:51 PM

996 Guards red / 2008 Hayabusa / 2004 E55 AMG
I am having the same headlight error, did a whole light have to be replaced?
Old 12-29-2010, 05:16 PM

////E55
The entire headlight assembly had to be replaced on my E55. I am sure that there are other things that could go wrong... but that is what happened on mine. The Headlight assembly is $1600 for one side.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:09 PM

////E55
Originally Posted by jamcclureuk
Well I finally got my E55 back from my local dealer. The SA was a great guy and really took time to help me out. But I am p***ed off at the selling dealer.

My Certified Preowned was:

Leaking oil from both Valve Covers
Leaking oil from the oil pan
Leaking Transmission Fluid
Bad lower Ball Joints (both sides)
Bad Battery
Right front thrust link bad and bushing
Malfunctioning Headlight Cornering
Malfunctioning Electronic Trunk

Thankfully I have the CPO warranty, but I have had this car for 30 days-and about 500 miles (8 days of which were in the Service Dept.) The selling dealer agreed to pay for a new battery but said that it's wasn't their fault about the headlights and my SA said that the cornering xenon lights aren't covered. Given the fact that I looks like the selling dealer didn't really spend anytime looking at the car when they certified it, I have called MBUSA and they have escalated it to a case manager. What a pain in the azz.
I just want to reiterate the importance of having a warranty..... My drivers side rear suspension was knocking since I got the car. It was only really noticeable when driving over really bumpy roads. i thought that the sounds was normal until I drove in another E class with AirMatic suspension. I dropped it off at the dealer today to have them take a look at it and what do you know... the driver side strut was leaking and needed to be replaced. -So did the passenger side strut. I would hate to have had to replace these out of pocket!!!

Last edited by jamcclureuk; 02-09-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Sorry to hear about your issues. Buying a used E55 is like tossing the dice.

When the car was made it was under Jurgen Schrempp as CEO of Daimler. Schrempp almost totally destroyed the company and left a legacy of Mercedes as being the worst built cars in the universe. He instrumented the Chrysler purchase and bought aerospace Fokker. Both ventures failed and cost Daimler dearly. He even tried to buy Mitsubishi. Everything he did ended in failure. And he cost cut the cars dropping all quality control. They finally fired his sorry butt.

When Dieter Zetsche took over he ordered a return to quality car building and made major core changes in the company to reverse its downward plunge. It seems to be working. I personally wouldn't buy a pre-2007 Schrempp era Mercedes.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
V8, Flat 6, V6, & Turbo flat 4
Congrats and great find! Enjoy your new ride, at least you have warranty!
Old 02-09-2011, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
very interesting 220, where did you read up on this? im always looking to read up about the ways of the company when it comes to this stuff.